PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Children

Munsu
Wed, 10-20-2004, 04:20 PM
At last the first episode sub is out... by mahou... ive been waiting for this, though i havent seen it yet... here's the link

Episode 1 (http://tracker.mahou.org/torrents/[mahou]_Fantastic_Children_-_01_[7BBF8CBA].avi.torrent)

Just saw the first episode... a couple of weird occurrances... but it seems like it will be good... i recommend it

Come on someone watch it... i dont want to be the only one that watches this here... im gonna keep bumping it until i see someone that watched it

Fumoffu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
It looks nice. I didn't like the character design though...

Munsu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:23 PM
well yeah... im used to it since it looks alot like detective conan... though i really dont mind character designs at all

WhiteShdw
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Haven't watched it yet, but I did browse through it. Character designs reminded me a bit of old school series. Kinda looked like Miyazaki designs.

Munsu
Wed, 10-27-2004, 12:47 AM
episode 2 is out...

freaking get it!!!!

Episode 2 (http://tracker.mahou.org/torrents/[mahou]_Fantastic_Children_-_02_[D458FE5A].avi.torrent)

hikaru004
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Isn't this by the same guy that did A Tree of Palme?

I liked both episodes so far.

Edited to respond to below.
A Tree of Palme.. It was a good movie. Not as philosophical as Innocence, but definitely in the arthouse movie category like Innocence.
The characters in Fantastic Children and A Tree of Palme also look similar and plots have a philosoph undertone that feels like it's being executed similarly.

Munsu
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:08 PM
apparently yeah if you mean the director... Nakamura Takashi...

i havent seen that movie though... any good?

Munsu
Fri, 09-02-2005, 04:04 AM
i just marathoned the last 10 episodes which I've been putting off for months...

What a great series, and awesome plot... one of the best around...

Did any of you see this series completely? Or a portion of it for that matter?

dark maginn
Fri, 09-02-2005, 04:23 PM
its an alright series not great

Munsu
Fri, 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
It's fantastic... don't lie

aznroyale
Sun, 04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
series great? i heard lots of people said the series is great, some say its just plain terrible

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Why don't you watch it completely and give us your opinion? This is a wonderful series, especially the 10 or so episodes when everything goes down.

NeoBear
Mon, 04-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Why don't you watch it completely and give us your opinion? This is a wonderful series, especially the 10 or so episodes when everything goes down.

yeah this was pretty good the first half was very hard to follow ill give it credit for the fact that when you think you know whats going on or what somone is thinking they flip it on you pretty hard

MFauli
Sat, 08-04-2018, 10:24 PM
It's shocking how unkown this anime is. I just ordered the complete box for quite a price and outside of these dvds, you hardly find anything about it via google.

I'm shocked, because this happens to be my favorite anime of all times. It's THE adventure. No good spoiling details, but if you like adventure stories (with scifi, romance, drama) at all, you ought to check this out.

Now I'm trying to find out how to order the special DVD that contains an additional 6 minutes of post-ending footage. So difficult to find anything. Really tragic.

Munsu
Sun, 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM
It's shocking how unkown this anime is. I just ordered the complete box for quite a price and outside of these dvds, you hardly find anything about it via google.

I'm shocked, because this happens to be my favorite anime of all times. It's THE adventure. No good spoiling details, but if you like adventure stories (with scifi, romance, drama) at all, you ought to check this out.

Now I'm trying to find out how to order the special DVD that contains an additional 6 minutes of post-ending footage. So difficult to find anything. Really tragic.

Well, it wasn't for lack of me trying...

If you find that additional footage let me know.

MFauli
Sun, 08-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Well, it wasn't for lack of me trying...

If you find that additional footage let me know.

It's easily findable on youtube and google. But I'd prefer to own it on disc, not just watch it in a stream ;o

Munsu
Sun, 08-05-2018, 01:05 PM
It's easily findable on youtube and google. But I'd prefer to own it on disc, not just watch it in a stream ;o

I'll see about it then. I wasn't aware that something like that existed.

MFauli
Fri, 07-15-2022, 04:58 PM
I'll see about it then. I wasn't aware that something like that existed.

Btw. I just looked for this thread and re-reading, I realize how rude this came off. Sorry :(

Here's a link to the extended ending, in case you still haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVDuEIk0xw

It's still my favorite anime of all times and it makes me sad how unknown it is. You can't even find the opening on Youtube. The MAL-forum has like three topics. I really wish some fully remade this anime, but keep the quality as high as the original. I think I'm doing a rewatch rather soon :>

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-15-2022, 06:54 PM
It's still my favorite anime of all times and it makes me sad how unknown it is. You can't even find the opening on Youtube.
Because Fall 2004 was an exceptionally strong season. Deeply iconic series competed with it (and some pretty decent trash too). Depending on how you can rank that season, it won't be in the top 10 or even the top 15. That's how good series still get forgotten.

Other people will list different series from that season as their all-time favorites. You have listed other series from that season in your other high-level favorites, for what it's worth (edit: 2 months ago in case you're curious).

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-15-2022, 11:32 PM
Damn, you weren't kidding about FALL 2004 (https://www.livechart.me/fall-2004/tv).

MFauli
Sat, 07-16-2022, 02:58 AM
Other people will list different series from that season as their all-time favorites. You have listed other series from that season in your other high-level favorites, for what it's worth (edit: 2 months ago in case you're curious).

You're making it sound like I'm being subjective and unfair to other anime. I don't think that's true with just HOW unknown Fantastic Children is, especially compared to how good it is.

I'll admit, though, that 2004 was a very strong season (nowadays seasons': *crickets*). If I forgot to put it in my list, that shows just how dire the situation is >_>

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-16-2022, 03:58 AM
You're making it sound like I'm being subjective and unfair to other anime. I don't think that's true with just HOW unknown Fantastic Children is, especially compared to how good it is.
I'm not claiming you're subjective beyond any other person. I'm saying Fall 2004 was that good of season, since you're wondering how good series get forgotten. Because there were at least nine other series that were also at least an 8. Subjectivity pushes those 8s to 10s depending on personal preference.

It's certainly more well-known than half of the series that season. But it certainly doesn't leave the lasting impression that a revolver boob-reload (https://youtu.be/UjHmNbUCT-U) does (and no, that series was not good but was present).