PDA

View Full Version : What's your fav anime quote

miaka
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:40 PM
what's your fav anime quotes,.. i m sre there are mine..

here are some of my fav

"your stupidity never cease to amaze me " nakago from fushigi yuugi -> very useful quote

"mada mada dane" echizen from Prince of tennis-> heh.. dunno just love echizen's arrogant attitude means you still have a long way to go

"let's not get careless" tezuka from prince of tennis-> have to agree... being careless is not good in many cases

and many more ^_^

what about you guys?
and post the reason if you can i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:59 PM
"Practice beats Genius" - Rock Lee from Naruto

miaka
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:21 PM
^_^ yeah.. that is really a good quote... ^_^ and so true too.. ^_^

Crows_Kill
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:27 PM
"Ninjin janai!"

From "Ymaeru Bunny-Chan".

nests
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Akane Tendo or the pigtail girl?

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CHOSE BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

Kuno in Ranma 1/2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:07 AM
give it to me straight gai sensei!

Munsu
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:12 AM
For those Hajime no Ippo fans... here is a written quote:

"Takamura was here!"

i hope you remember that part and what im talking about

Aeon
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:17 AM
"Te Dah" Everytime Eclaire made her entrance in Kiddy Grade

This isn't from a anime but I love it.

"I'ma Ninja, I'ma Ninja, I'ma Ninja"-Ninja Of The Night Naruto AMV

Cyrano
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:28 AM
"When you're miserable, you need someone who is even more miserable than yourself" Lucy, Elfen Lied

"If you think this man is your friend then know this : when you regard one another as brother, and this man's ambition crumble, it is your destiny to face your death... you cannot escape your fate !" Zodd, Berserk

"My name is Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third - Don't hesitate to call." Vash, Trigun

Elite Hentai
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:45 AM
"Oro" - Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin

"This is so educational" Kintaro Oe from Golden Boy

"If living means I must bow down to you guys, I'll happily stand tall and die!" Mugen from Samurai Champloo (When will you guys sub ep 7+? I'd rather have them from AnimeOne then some lesser group like Anime Heaven.)

Crows_Kill
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:04 AM
LOL mutata
after reading that, I was going to add my favorite quote from ebichu, but I'm sure that would get me banned forever

Neko Sniper
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:06 AM
"we'll hault our surveillance, retreat from the building, and go get smashed at a strip club!" Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell SAC i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

hikaru004
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:35 AM
"..And as its surviving descendants, they still haven't learned a d___ thing." the narrator from SunaBouzu

"...Yo mama has an outie." in a letter to Kawazu Makoto from SunaBouzu

Munsu
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:43 AM
From Ghost in the Shell... the famous AJ translation (if you can call it that)

"Are you aware of the frequent occurrances of the mass naked child events within the country?"

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-19-2004, 02:00 AM
"Be awed by my prowess" - Atobe Keigo [PoT]

miaka
Tue, 10-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
"Be awed by my prowess" - Atobe Keigo [PoT]

that one is kewl too... ^_^

kAi
Tue, 10-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by: Cyrano
"My name is Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third - Don't hesitate to call." Vash, Trigun
this is one of my favs.

there are some berserk ones, but my favs are from the manga so...
but heres one from FMA
driver: But he's also short and like a piece of bean.
edward: Who did you call miniature size?!
*car crashes and edward chases driver*
edward: stop! stop! stop! stop! stop!
i also like the other ones that have to do with his shortness.

NewTaxes
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:54 AM
"English Sow? No wonder section 13 commands such respect. What strong langauge." Alucard - Hellsing

"Se-cr-et" Hisoka - HunterxHunter

That child one has been burned into my memory now Budweineken!

HimizujinEternia
Tue, 10-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Humorous Quotes never strike me the same way as Inspirational ones. That's why I like inspirational quotes better.

"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. This is the truth, no matter how much Kaoru-dono covers it up with naive play talk. But... I think I prefer Kaoru-dono's play talk to the truth, that I do." ~ Himura Kenshin, Rurouni Kenshin

"Stand up and move forward. You have legs." ~ Edward, Fullmetal Alchemist

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-19-2004, 11:02 AM
"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT... FUCKING SHIT!" - Yzak, Gundam Seed

Hey, practically all of my favorite quotes are from games... so...

I do however like this one:

"Spirits of the wind, bound by nothing... everything I'm not." - Serpico, Berserk

glitched
Tue, 10-19-2004, 11:30 AM
"fooly cooly.... fooly cooly.... fooly cooly...."

Fumoffu
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Mine is quite simple and doesn't say much:
"I want to take you somewhere... TO HELL!!!" (BakuTen)

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:22 PM
To-tal slaughter
To-tal slaughter
I won't leave a single man alive
la la la loo la
genociiide
lee lee loo lee loo
an ocean of of blood
Let's be-gin the
killing tiiime!

later followed by "aww man i knew that wouldnt work" one of the funniest parts of the series but it then gets kinda serious

Death and Poverty like me so much, they brought friends! Not to mention the Insurance Girls!

Thou Shalt Not Kill! What the hell kind of churchman are you?

all of these are, as im sure youv noticed, from trigun which is great even though iv only see it dubbed....

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons. Isn't that right, Spike?" --Viscious
"I'm only watching a dream that I never awakened from." --Spike
"I'll wake you up right now." --Viscious
"Don't be so anxious, Viscious" --Spike

bleh took me a while to find the exact words for that one but i really like it

KaneInferno
Tue, 10-19-2004, 06:33 PM
lol i love vash's song! hilarious!

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:21 PM
"Sorry, got lost on the road of life" - Hatake Kakashi ^^

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
lol thats a good quote to but i dindt wanna use it as everyone hear has heard it probably of course i like most of the quotes listed above from the shows iv seen

Souryusen
Tue, 10-19-2004, 09:48 PM
"Hiten mitsurugi ryu... <insert attack name here>!!!" - Himura Kenshin

"I am not your doll." - Ayanami Rei

"Dynamic Entry!!!" - Maito Gai

Kuske
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:00 PM
iono wat anime i got it from but i remember the quote....y worrying about ur beard if ur heads is gonna get cut off.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Dynamic Entry is a good one.. ^_^;

"Foolish brother...if you wish to kill me...hate, detest and survive in an unslightly way ... run..run..and cling to life" ~ Uchiha Itachi ^^

miaka
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
lol.. some of you post really good quotes.. but some of you i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol.... ^_^ some real funny quotes here... including the one above.. lol..

hikaru004
Wed, 10-20-2004, 12:38 PM
"Sucks to be you." Lucy speaking to Bando after she pulverized him from Elfen Leet ep 13.

Reita
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:06 PM
"Wanna fuck?" - the red haired girl in Sex Friends i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:14 PM
right now its the one below my sig b/c its said by a cool character in the Trigun series

miaka
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:14 PM
hmm can ppl put reasons for it too?

Reita
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: Reita
"Wanna fuck?" - the red haired girl in Sex Friends

reason: Bucause its sounds very funny when i 14years old [maybe O.o] girl ask a 14 years old guy if he want to fuck i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and it sounds funnier in japanese >.<

Elite Hentai
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by: Reita
"Wanna fuck?" - the red haired girl in Sex Friends

damn how could i forget that one? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

the tentacle rape hentai phrases are hilarious too: "prepare to have your nubile young flesh thoroughly violated to satiate my wrathful tentacle lust!"

come on, you just can't take a sentence like that serious. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mae
Wed, 10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
OK, now for something not hentai:

What does the snow become when it melts? Spring. - Tohru, Fruits Basket

Love and peace! LOVE AND PEACE!! -Vash, Trigun (of course)

Yuuri, they're our children! - Wolfram, Kyou Kara Maou

I'll teach you to mess with a girl who's tired and cranky!
and
They were rude, Goury. Rude guys never get the girl.

And, since noone else posted it yet:

Darkness beyond twilight..,
crimson beyond blood that flows.
Buried in the flow of time.
In thy great name,
I pledge myself to darkness.
All the fools who stand in our
way shall be destroyed...
by the power you and I possess.
DRAGON SLAVE!

- Lina, Slayers

miaka
Wed, 10-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
OK, now for something not hentai:

What does the snow become when it melts? Spring. - Tohru, Fruits Basket

Love and peace! LOVE AND PEACE!! -Vash, Trigun (of course)

Yuuri, they're our children! - Wolfram, Kyou Kara Maou

I'll teach you to mess with a girl who's tired and cranky!
and
They were rude, Goury. Rude guys never get the girl.

And, since noone else posted it yet:

Darkness beyond twilight..,
crimson beyond blood that flows.
Buried in the flow of time.
In thy great name,
I pledge myself to darkness.
All the fools who stand in our
way shall be destroyed...
by the power you and I possess.
DRAGON SLAVE!

- Lina, Slayers

^_^ i also love "love and peace" too... how can you not love that one... lol... ^_^ love and peace.. everyone i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hollow
Wed, 10-20-2004, 09:11 PM
"Sorry Ichigo, You'll never use it again......urg..."

I rolled over after reading that one >.< Gotta love Kon

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
"I'm so beautiful it scares me" (followed by the servant ppl [or whatever] flying across the screen) -Hotohori

Raven
Thu, 10-21-2004, 02:50 AM
"Hey hey hey Afro-man, shooting your 'fro at a lady? What kind of Soul Brotha is that?" - Sanji, from One Piece. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

miaka
Thu, 10-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
"Hey hey hey Afro-man, shooting your 'fro at a lady? What kind of Soul Brotha is that?" - Sanji, from One Piece.

when did he say that? just curious

Reita
Thu, 10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
another of my fav quotes is when Ruri [Martian succesor Nadesico] whispers "Baka, baka..."

"Bakana [never]!" Ren, Shaman King
"Banana" the black funnie d00d says and hold up a banana =D, shaman king

TwisT
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by: miaka
when did he say that? just curious

It was when they where fighting that afro-guy and the joker-guy that became one in the snow country (dont remember any names or episode-numbers)..

Raven
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, it was in the Chopper arc when they fought Wappol (sp?) on Drum Island (the snow place).

miaka
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
oh.. that's what it was..

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif btw here is one more quote

"niku" (meat) luffy from one piece of course i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

villin
Mon, 10-25-2004, 09:01 PM
"If I say i'm going to kill you, there is nothing you can do but die!" Himura Kenshin

Raven
Mon, 10-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Sorry bout being off-topic, but welcome back villin! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

villin
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks but i'm not sticking around. Just stopping by to see how the place has changed.

NomoZ
Thu, 10-28-2004, 01:41 AM
"Gundam, IKIMASU!!!"

Coyote
Fri, 10-29-2004, 01:28 PM
"come out with your pants down!" <-bad sub from elfen lied...

kooshi
Fri, 10-29-2004, 02:24 PM
"You idiot! What happened to the three rules of being a ninja?! You just broke all three at once!!" Naruto screaming at Jiraiya. Damn, that cracked me up so badly.
"Just who the hell are you calling an idiot, you idiot?!" Naruto again screaming at Sasuke
"When I become the Furher, all female personal of the military will have to wear mini-skirts!!" Roy Mustang in FMA, lol, quite obsessed with women
*insert short comment about Edward Elric* any one of those are absolutely hilarious.

Ah, this will always be a classic:
"Konoha's supreme secret taijutsu move: A Thousand Years of Pain!" Kakashi pulling the move on Naruto.

Well, I guess that's all I can think of. I'm only watching 3 animes right now (Naruto, Bleach, FMA), so I don't have much.

Sandldan
Thu, 05-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Guess i'll revive this thread instead of creating a new one after stumbling upon a few nice quotes.

Bleach

Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you.
While gripping the sword I can not embrace you
- Ichigo

How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
- Ichigo

Cowboy Bebop

There are three things I hate the most: Kids, pets, & women with additude. So tell me, why do we have all of them packed into our ship!?
- Spike Spiegel

I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive.
- Spike Spiegel

I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think.
- Ed

Lesson #3 : If you see a stranger, Follow him
- Ed

Samurai champloo

Is there a need for a reason to kill someone?
- Mugen

Black Lagoon

What a terrible story. But appropriate for our world. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking over a giant pile of shit.

Morality and justice don't really suit me. Words like that and what comes out of asses are surprisingly similar.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
"I am not the one mistaken, the world is." - Lelouche

Pyro411
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:25 AM
"for the sake of who I am... I am myself"
Shinji Ikari -- I believe this was a Fansub line from back in the day & isn't in the retail disks.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
'Mass naked child events'
Ghost in the Shell:Stand alone complex. the final days of anime-junkies fansubs.

the Cowboy Bebop's quotes are still the best.

Psyke
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM
"俺のこの手が真赤に燃える! 勝利を掴めと轟き叫ぶ! 爆熱!! ゴッドフィンガー!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVNKRVQnBiw)

Cheesy but I love it. Tomokazu Seki (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4D6QYRkYtQ) was pure awesome as Domon.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Psyke, is there a translation for what exactly he's saying?
I mean beside; "my something something, is burnning, my something something starts, something something hit!"

edit: I think I heard also 'exploding' somewhere

Psyke
Thu, 05-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Psyke, is there a translation for what exactly he's saying?
I mean beside; "my something something, is burnning, my something something starts, something something hit!"

edit: I think I heard also 'exploding' somewhere

Well, from the English dubbed version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo), this is what he says:

"This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting Burning Finger!"

It's pretty much an exact translation except for the last part, in which the original means "Exploding/erupting God Finger".

Yukimura
Thu, 05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Lol, Psyke that was going to be my favorite quote!

I guess this will have to do.
"My brother is dead. He's not here anymore. But on my back, and in my heart, he lives on in me! I will make a hole through heaven itself. Even if that hole becomes my grave as long as I break through, I will be victorious! Who the hell do you think I am?"'
- Simoun the Digger

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Full Metal Alchemist

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth." - Alphonse Elric

"Can I eat him?" - Gluttony

"Be careful, Roy. You've got some enemies here, and in very high places. My advice to you is to make as many friends as you can around here, friends who will support you when the time comes. Which is why I make this crucial suggestion: [whispering] You find yourself a wife!" - Mae Hughes

"Shorty?! Could a shorty do this?! What else you want to call me: a half-pint bean-sprout midget?! I'm still growing you backwater desert idiots!"" - Edward Elric

Bleach

"You are slow, even when falling" - Byakuya

Yachiru: Attack with your intuition
Kenpachi: I'm doing that already
Ikakku: Then use that! Duh! The mind's eye thing!
Kenpachi: If I can use that I wouldn't be thinking about this, Idiot!
Yumichika: If it was me...I would probably give up...in a beautiful way...*sparkles*
Kenpachi: Go die.

"Ichigo...I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easily. Can you understand...the horror of being pelted by rain in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I will let no rain fall in this world. Ichigo, trust me. You are not fighting alone." - Zangetsu

"Admiration is the furthest emotion from comprehension" - Aizen

"Ichigo, what's the difference between the king and his horse? ... If their form ability and power were exactly the same, Why is it that one become the king and rules over the battle and the other one becomes the horse and carries the king on his back?

There's only one answer: INSTINCT! In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power needed to be king, they must search for more battles and power. They thirst for battle, and live to mercilessly crush, shred, and slice their enemies. Deep, deep within our body lies the honed instinct to kill, to slaughter!

But you don't have that. You don't have those pure, base instincts! You fight with your brain. You try to defeat your enemies with logic! And it doesn't work! you're trying to cut them with a sheathed sword!

That's why you're weaker than me, Ichigo! I'm not gonna have it, Ichigo, I don't know about Zangetsu, but I refuse to carry a king who's weaker than me and get cut to ribbons with him. If you're weaker than me, I'll crush you beneath my hooves, and take your crown for myself.

Code Geass

"We black knights, will judge the world!" - Lelouch

"If the King doesn't move first, his subject's won't follow" - Lelouch

seanos
Thu, 05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
One that always makes me smile :
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
-Now and Then, Here and There

Kraco
Thu, 05-15-2008, 04:43 PM
"Does that include nightly favors?" -Kazuma Yagami / Kaze no Stigma

Abdula
Thu, 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Full Metal Alchemist
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth." - Alphonse Elric

Love that one but this one is my favorite quote from FMA although this one was from the manga but FMA none the less.

"Joy to suffering, victory to battle, life to the dead, for that is what the blood red stone grants. Men honor it with the name Philosopher’s Stone"

Board of Command
Thu, 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
"Die!" - Lelouch

KrayZ33
Thu, 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Hmmm there are so many.
FMP has very funny quotes (now that i think about it, I laughed there the most, funniest anime ever)

FMP (just one example)
"why does kana-chan need so long to clean her face? (what could have happened) A traffic accident... sudden illness....stepping on a land mine!?..discovering and trailing an old enemy... and kidnapping, hmmm the most likely option is.....

THE LANDMINE!?"

Macross Frontier

"Can't fool a sniper's eye"

Ookiku Furikabutte
(during a trip for ~3 days)

"SHIT, I forgot to mastrubate at home! My dick will explode!"

Fate/Stay Night
the famous: "People die when they are killed"

and since Gilgamesh > all:

Gilgamesh: To a king, the country is nothing more than his belonging, if one cannot rule over everything, then somone who has surpassed everything like the king, is not needed. That is why.....King Arthur, that is why you were destroyed by your own country.
Saber: "Yes, exactly. But, King of Heroes, that is why you destroyed your own country!"

Gil:"The ashes will dirty me. You escaped death this time, child!"

Gil:"What is a hero if he cannot drink so much of a curse!?..All the evil.. in this world? Hah, If it wants to taint me, bring at least TRIPPLE THE AMOUNT!"

just how badass can one person get? oh man <3 ya Gil.

Gil: What an abominable woman you are. Defying me, until the very end, huh?? But I shall alow it, there are things that are beautiful because one cannot possess them.. Farewell, King of Knights...I had quite some fun" No need for the spoiler

really that scene was simply soooo amazing... this side of Gilgamesh is simply the best. I nearly cried when I first saw it.

Rozen Maiden has some nice scenes and sentences too, but I can't remember them out of the blue :/

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Recent fav.

"If you can't communicate with it(USB 2.0), you're not a man!" -Kogarashi/ -Kamen no Maid Guy-

Followed closely by "Kuu Kuu Kuu."

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
"Zenryoku Zenkai! Staaaarlightoo......BREAKER!"
- Nanoha (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, A's, StrikerS)

Keeping the spoilers out of this one:
1. "If you want to kill me, do it without putting me to sleep."
2. "What is this about? You don't want a comfortable death? It's painful you know...to be gutted alive."
1. "It is so I don't forget. I will carve your tearing open my stomach unto my soul. So that when I meet you again...I will remember you are my enemy!"
- Rika being person 1 (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)

"Kill 'em all, baby!"
- Revy (Black Lagoon)

Lastly, my two favorites aren't even spoken:

[I]To all pioneers...
- Opening dedication to Macross Plus

You're gonna carry that weight
- final words of Cowboy Bebop

Board of Command
Thu, 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet...

SASUKE!!!!!11

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-15-2008, 10:17 PM
OMFG. While I know you are joking, it still makes my skin crawl.

Geass
"So that the blood that has been spilled will not be in vain, I will spill even more blood." - Lelouch

(Insert girly scream really unfitting for the character here) - Lelouch in mask/cat episode

"Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" - Nunnally

"Why are you so arrogant?" - Lelouch
"Who do you think I am? I am C.C." - Duh.

Kino's Journey
"They say that when people see birds, they feel the urge to travel." - Kino

Paraphrased from some guy in Project Arms
"Do you know why hope was in Pandora's box? It is because hope is man's greatest tragedy."

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Spoiler if you haven't seen Soul Eater Ep 6

"Our dissection experiment subject of today is... a law protected animal, Tokiko-san."

"Excuse me, that's a very rare bird that's on the verge of extinction."

"<insert evil chuckle> It would be troublesome if it became extinct before I could dissect it, right?" Dr. Stein/Soul Eater

Dark Dragon
Sun, 05-18-2008, 08:43 PM
@Psyke and Yukimura
Man those two quotes were going to be my top choices so i guess i'll have to settle for Love Love TenKyoKen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1bNu_GMh8&feature=related).

honorable mention to Sekiha Tenkyoken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kZwU3MCsXQ) and Shuffle Doumei Ken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYLFI465NJ4&feature=related)

edit: changed my mind, Switch Sekiha Tenkyoken since Love Love Tenkyoken is the greatest gundam attack EVER.

Assassin
Sun, 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd have to go with the following:

Trigun

"LOVE & PEACE!!" - Vash the Stampede

"Im a hunter of peace, chasing the mayflower known as love" - Vash The Stampede

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Gots to have Gundam quotes!

Gundam 0080
"You can be a Captain or a nobody, when your luck runs out you die, thats how war is." - Bernie

Zeta Gundam
"How do you kill people so easily?!? DIE!!!" - Kamille Bidan

"...Men are perhaps born just to fight each other. And women are perhaps fated to be their tools." - Reccoa Londe

"This is war, gender is irrelevant!" -Quattro

Gundam 0083
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato

Gundam Wing
"Tradition is a history, it's the history of caring built by the deep, true feelings of people. I do think that fighting in battles can indeed at times be beautiful, but at the same time I'd like to expres my regret over the lost souls by apealing to you to recognize how priceless mens' lives are. I believe what mankind needs is not absolute victory, but a certain demeanor in fighting, an attitude towards fighting." - Treize Kushrenada

"I have to decide for myself whether or not peace at the costs of lives can really be defined as peace!" - Wu Fei

"I may not be a peaceful man, but I can be useful in bringing about peace." - Zechs

but my favorite quote from Gundam, possibly from any anime, is this very long (but incomplete) passage from a speech made by one of the least memorable main characters in Gundam franchise.

"Why were the colonies made in the first place? I hear the main purpose was technological development to improve the lives of human kind on Earth. Did human kind start asking for too much from this imitation world? This self-sustained way of life is more stable than life on Earth, especially since it lacks the risk of natural disasters. It appears that this unlimited growth was guaranteeing the eternal existance of human kind.

Perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilities in outer space, where they could start from scratch. However, it's unthinkable that the colonies, or human kind, will ever forget the Earth. What did technological development in the colonies bring to the Earth? The kind of technology the Earth wants most: millitary power. Destruction is a human nature that can never be gotten rid of, and now the colonies are developing a militaristic disposition. The colonies cannot forget the Earth.

The Earth has great beauty. The animals known as humans have acquired such strength that they even think about controlling this planet for themselves. From the point of a planet's life, the life of a living thing lasts no more than an instant. But, in the end, it is only themselves that humans can think of. Nothing changes. The time spent by humans in outer space has been a complete waste. The ideal is just a dream. This false pacifism, this false living space... Outerspace is nothing but a breeding ground for even more battles in the future.

Wars throughout history have claimed many lives. Although human kind has never been able to forget the sorrow that has been caused by wars, they have not stopped fighting. The blood and tears they shed in battle are merely ceremonial. One can't speak of history without reffering to the wars in each era as important events. I'm sure the pale peptalks of fighting for peace have been repeated numerous times in the past. The colonies say they need armamants to maintain peace. It's no different from on Earth. The colonies think they've joined the "big boys" now. I guess they believed the bloodshed would lead to higher morale---"

He is interrupted and asked to end his speech.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-22-2008, 03:53 PM
But Masa, you missed the Greatest of All Gundams*: G Gundam!

"Take this! My Love, my Anger, and all of my Sorrow! Shining Fiiiiiiiinger Swoooord!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFo0_nYPLmQ

* disclaimer: sarcasm heavily implied, except for the awesomeness of this line.

Archangel
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Bleach

I will cut you - Ichigo

When he said that, you already knew it was over.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Gundam Seed Destiny Talia Gladis - Nani, nani goto nano???? This most be one of her most common phrases in GSD, hilarious every time to see her look all confused :)

And some other good ones are.

A sword doesn't need a fine lineage, it just needs to be sharp.

Even if you destroy this country you won't have peace, you will have a beaten country screaming out for vengance.

Do you really want to live that bad. Act like a pig! So that means? Die pig!!! hahahaha.

All three from Luca Blight, the most brutal man ever.

Oh you saved us!! Is there anything we can do in return?
Take them off!
What?

Those who hunt elves.

Idealistic
Thu, 05-22-2008, 11:07 PM
From Code Geass Ep 7.

Milly: Traveling isn't about where you go, but with whom you go.

I think that quote defines how I feel about traveling too, or anything in general. Like it doesn't matter where I go, but as long as I'm hanging with my fam and friends, it's all good.

Maybe it's an old quote or something, but it's actually the first time I heard it.

Inazuma
Fri, 05-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Code Geass R1

" Because you always seek death, you are not my type." CC

What should be in an anime tough, the epic quote :
Random Third Party : " In the church, they say that one must forgive."
Hero on Revenge : " Forgiveness is between them and god. My job is to arrange the meeting. "

Archangel
Fri, 05-23-2008, 07:36 PM
What should be in an anime tough, the epic quote :
Random Third Party : " In the church, they say that one must forgive."
Hero on Revenge : " Forgiveness is between them and god. My job is to arrange the meeting. "

lol that's a cool one. Where did you get it from?

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Man on Fire... I guess