PDA

View Full Version : Idea for scratching fillers

Ryno2410
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Have the producers Become Americans and stop producing new stuff during the summer. Therefore, everyone will be happy

Mut
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:38 AM
i'll see how well this thread carries on its discussion.

shouldn't be too long though, looks pointless.

hopeknight
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:04 AM
Not all televison is like American television. Things are done differently in Japan, and such an idea would not work. There are 52 weeks in a year. In the US, they release typically one season (varying from 13-24 episodes) each year and subject people to reruns for the other half the year. Anime seasons run for aproximately 13 episodes, that's 4 seasons a year.

Japanese television doesn't seem to be big on the whole rerun thing, the viewers don't stop after one season waiting several months for the next because show are made differently there. The majority of anime fallows one continous plot where each episode bleeds into the next, whereas US shows tend to have a seperate story for each episode.

Different mediums (anime, animerican shows, etc) require different methods of presentation.

And finally, the last thing we want is the producers to 'become americans', because that would ruin anime. The US produces so much crap for TV, most of them wouldn't know good writing if it bit them on the arse (there are a few exceptions).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, and I'm sure many will support alot of my opinions on this.

Arog
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:58 AM
become americans? lol look at simpsons or family guy or whatever. if they do not hit some high goal like 14000000000000 in 1 season they will just close it lol also americans keep showing reruns if u watched dbz (which i did) they would go so far like to almost kill freeza and then just go right back to hte beginning...im rather happy with this and maybe read the manga to keep up with the story?

jing
Sat, 10-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Japanese won't become Americans, end of story. Just live with the fillers.

ZakuHan
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:00 PM
What's wrong with fillers? Better than re runs, or nothing at all.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:13 PM
I'd take a filler over rerun any day.

jing
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I'd take a filler over rerun any day.

So true. There's nothing wrong with seeing something new.

Assassin
Sat, 10-16-2004, 03:02 PM
i dunno...i wouldn't mind seeing the zabuza arc over agian. that was really great. ofcourse that only applies if i was watchign naruto on tv in japan and had no choice.

in reality i can watch any ep over agian since i have them saved i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:37 PM
yea. fillers are much better

Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:28 PM
it is a different story watching on computer and tv...

tv you are required to sit yo' ass in front of the box during a certain time of the day... and everyone misses 1 or 2 ep. because of other things to do...

we can always snatch the ep. and keep it in our computers or dvds... so we never face the dilemma of missing an ep.

u can't compare watching something off the tv and something that u can record... oops i forgot about the fact that u can record ep. off tv with cable box... but that's LOST TECHNOLOGY.. nobody does it

Deblas
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:51 PM
what are you talking about??i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 10-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: 010577

tv you are required to sit yo' ass in front of the box during a certain time of the day... and everyone misses 1 or 2 ep. because of other things to do...

we can always snatch the ep. and keep it in our computers or dvds... so we never face the dilemma of missing an ep.

u can't compare watching something off the tv and something that u can record... oops i forgot about the fact that u can record ep. off tv with cable box... but that's LOST TECHNOLOGY.. nobody does it

What about TiVO?

TruthofMistake
Sun, 10-17-2004, 07:50 PM
whats the big deal with the fillers yeah its usually not as good as the stuff that follows the manga but still if they didnt have fillers they would catch up to the manga and we would have to wait longer for each episode.... thats been said quite a lot in other threads similiar to this and i support fillers because its better then nothing or reruns which has also been said....

Sun, 10-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu

Originally posted by: 010577

What about TiVO?

what is tivo?

btw i guess u guys were talking about recaps on an ep. and not reruns ( i was thinking like simpsons reruns kinda thing) so sorry if it sounded off topic

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Tivo's the thing where you can pause live TV, fastforeward commercials and record shows

chambers
Mon, 10-18-2004, 05:59 AM
you cant fastforward comercials!! only if you hae recorded what you are watching prior. so if your watching somthing live so to speak you cant fastforward it.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
well, that's what someone told me -_-

chambers
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:22 PM
well that someone is very adept in the field of LIES!!!

Mgslee
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I wouldnt like this idea, mainly cause i cant stand the current American TV system.

A Actor / Voice Actor only has to work just barely over a year and make a very healthy income while most normal people will work 95% of the year. I really cant stand the entertainment industry cause they get paid alot for the amount of work they put in IMO and the regular person works way more for a fraction of the income.

As for in Japan, if you miss an ep and want to rewatch, go get the DVDs. Simple business strategy there.

kooshi
Mon, 10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
I wouldnt like this idea, mainly cause i cant stand the current American TV system.

A Actor / Voice Actor only has to work just barely over a year and make a very healthy income while most normal people will work 95% of the year. I really cant stand the entertainment industry cause they get paid alot for the amount of work they put in IMO and the regular person works way more for a fraction of the income.

As for in Japan, if you miss an ep and want to rewatch, go get the DVDs. Simple business strategy there.

I gotta agree with the statement on the entertainment industry. It's ridiculous how much money they can make based on one movie, show, CD, etc. This usually makes me feel better when I d/l songs and such from the Net. Not to mention that there are a few entertainers who dropped out of high school, yet they reached the top. Jeez, people spend so much time in college/university, yet some of them unfortunately get mediocre jobs that just barely have enough pay to support themselves.

I also like the fact that we are able to watch anime on the computer. There's no time schedule to follow to watch the shows. Even for me, I started watching FMA like a couple days ago *puts up shield after saying this, hehe*. Not only that, but I get to watch it as many times as I want whenver I want. Take that TV!

Deblas
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:18 PM
well its true that its better to watch anime in the computer but it sucks when its slows down and the sound just keeps on going. that happens when you have an old model like mine. geez i need a new computer.