PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 104 Discussion

Krbadass
Thu, 10-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Downloading it now..

Naruto_Ramen
Thu, 10-14-2004, 02:31 AM
ME TOO! hope this one is better then the last one.

Krbadass
Thu, 10-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Nope, its not.

SilentSnake
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:00 AM
this anime gone so sh*tty that i don't think it can go worse, at least i cay say "it can only be better" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i don't really care if it's filler or not, but it's again about the same thing - u can't win, but u will, because naruto told u so and will help ya, arggghh!! *banging his head to a wall*

and again, there are holes in it, like behavior of sasuke (again) - what happened to him ?? he's just standing there waiting for naruto to do everything, at least sakura did her job perfectly - as a burden and trouble, she's priceless.
i've got a vision - idate wins somehow, naruto beats rain jounin aoi (or what his name was) and of course - idate and naruto make friends, mmmm, great story <sarcasm> (yeah, this ep made me angry, once more we'll have a filler, or maybe 2..., no wonder i've chosen to read the manga, it's at least kishimoto's and in that 1 chapter a week [anime covers from 1 to 2 chapter usually, something in between] there really are more things happening than in anime, well... at least now)

?igma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:38 AM
You said it ..Sasuke is way out of behavior .. they just delegated the whole series to take a 6 week vacation I bet ._.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:44 AM
they are just trying to make naruto look good and make sasuke jealous so that the manga story line can continue, i can''t believe noone said anything about the sweet ass OP animation, my hopes for the next arc are high

chambers
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:08 AM
yeah this ep was FARRRRRR worse than the last to boot.

basey44
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
really? i liked this ep better than the last ep. but yea its pretty predictable but it wasnt too bad was it. yea sasuke seems so have lost his flair and naruto is doing everything now but i think its getting a little better.

new op song wasnt that great but ill bet itll grow on me animation was absolutely awesome though, infact i think ill watch the op again right now

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:55 AM
You people are totally retarded. This episode owned. And the people complaining about it are the obvious usual groups of elitists who go into it thinking every filler episode has to suck, and force themselves to think it sucked even when it was great.

If this episode hadn't been filler right now everyone would be talking about how sweet that giant whirlpool move was, and how it was a perfect example of Naruto using his techniques in surprising ways. There were TWO battles in this episode, Idate's backstory is slightly less one-dimentional than before, there was some sweet remixed Garaa battle music, and Sakura is already stating to play squad medic. It was also cool how the rain ninjas breathed underwater. Explains what those masks were for beyond simply giving them distinctive appearances.

The new opening was cool. Animation was great. Though, prefer earlier songs. Ending was, meh.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Stop thinking of it as a filler and just enjoy it, people... the story isn't that bad. It could be a lot worse... and its believable. Very Naruto-esque, truth to be told.

As for the new opening and ending songs - the op video was like OMFG!!!11 for me, a manga reader. Specially the last part, with Naruto going berserk, overlapping Sharingan!Sasuke, that looks way too cool...
The ending video was trippy. I didn't like the video as much (Naruto's hair looks weirder every time!! More and more spiky.) but I liked the song quite some.

...though nothing beats Wind and Ima Made Nandomo, which for some reason drives me crazy.

Knives122
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
The ending was like a beatles video, I did like the part in the opening with Sasuke picking up his protector when he thought about his friends(showing hope) and then dropping it when he thought about oro and itachi(losing it), I didnt even bother watching the ep, but I guess Ill eventually have to.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:48 AM
lmao it's believable? they will probably kick that aoi guy's ass he's a jounin how does that make it believable this is crap

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah it is. Truth to be told I don't think they'll kick his ass. For some reason or other he'll see the light, become a good guy or at least say something like "My mission ends here" and stop bothering them.
Sure, maybe Naruto will fight, but it'll end up being a little like Zabuza - ho wont be beaten, but he'll turn good.

'sides, he can't be killed by them. No genin has killed anything so far, and they wont have something as important as the first kill in a filler saga.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:56 AM
i guess i alreayd know how this will play out, sasuke fights with aoi gets beat up naruto shows up and kicks aoi's ass, sasuke mad, sasuke wants to fight naruto next arc finally begins

?igma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Just be happy they try to turn filler into a seperate arc, because when they catch up no the manga, or wouldve caught up on the manga, you'll be out of Naruto for half a year.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-14-2004, 10:58 AM
I can't beleive you people. All you want to discuss is how crappy the episode was when THERE WAS A NEW OPENING AND ENDING. Somone please describe the new opening to me I'm downloading now but it won't be finished for another hour or two. Please I want to hear what the opening and ending are like. How does the new opening stack up to the others? Somone please give me a review of it.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:01 AM
The opening fucking owns.

Knives122
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Well its different(alot differnt from the others), if you read the M then you would understand the opening a lot better they show a lot of characters(even if it is for a second), like I said before the ending looks like a hippie music video that has some sort of beatles feel to it, and for some odd reason it also feel like thats the last ending(i dont know)

Im still deciding whether or not I will dl either of them, b/c they didnt hit me like the other ones did

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:11 AM
yup.. opening was sweet.. great animation and an interesting choice of song.. and i suspect they'll do a similar deal as they did with the last opening - change scenes according to the story developments...

anyone know what the song was? i doubt it will be out for a while though..

the ending was disappointing.. both in animation and music.. oh well, naruto seems to have very hit or miss endings...

Kaka
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I didnt mind this episode, it gets u into whats happening a little more, finally the series has a meaning again, loved the preview for the next episode when naruto says he doesnt care if AOI is a Jounin, he will kick his ass anyway, that was class, and the new opening etc is cool.

Its coming to an end aswell, bring on Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Crows_Kill
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Great new opening. The ending was hippy trippy and the whole flying naruto head thing reminded my of old scooby doo eps fro some reason., but i really dig the song.
I thought this episode was pretty good- much beter than the crappy jump festa shorts they did.
No one's even mentioned the mulltiple rasengan whirlpool or the fact the tsunade was giving extra attention to sakura (at least a little, but that hints at more)
You even find out what the mouthgear for those rain guys is for!
i dont think aoi is a jounin. he was only listed as iadates teacher, which could mean he's on the same level as iruka, which would make him a chunin. but you never know.
It looks like from the preview for then next ep he's going to square off against sasuke- maybe thats why sasakes been holding back- to save his strength? Who knows. The mystical lightsaber was a dead give away once they showed the hilt of the sword- too much tenchi if you ask me.
I just wanna see sasuke kick some ass next ep- so far naruto and even sakura has done more than him, and it just doesnt feel right.

Icelander
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Well hes probably more of a teacher like Kakashi is.. the only one training genins are Jounins right?

Danik
Thu, 10-14-2004, 01:47 PM
The opening was awesome, the animation and the lyrics of the song are perfect for future episodes.
I was hoping this small arc would have finished by now, but it seems that we'll have 2 or 3 more episodes to go.

Eurasian
Thu, 10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
yah the best part of epi 104 is the new opening. omg i can't wait for the next arc. look at the animation!!!!! *stares*

naruto whirlpool thing was actually pretty cool. sasuke and sakura has no appreciation for naruto.

Knives122
Thu, 10-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Seriously how badass is the opening to do this,

Good (http://www.imageark.net/img.php?id=75895)

Bad (http://www.imageark.net/img.php?id=75896)

the whirlpool was the only part I did see before I turned this ep off and that was pretty cool to see

JKD
Thu, 10-14-2004, 03:54 PM
What's this new OP animation??
EDIT: Woops sorry now i know what it isi/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Sigure
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know the song's title to the Opening and Ending theme? I actually like both of them.

Last episode was the best just because Sakura did wonders. The recent episode was alright. The side story is alright but right now I'm hype for the new saga.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SONGS!

SeifeR
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:12 PM
i really liked the new opening, i cant wait for this next arc it looks like its gonna be amazing.
i liked this episode as well, cant wait for the next one. ya the ending was pretty trippy cuz i just smoked a doob haha.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Well the episode was better than I thought, Aoi doesn't entirely lack coolness though he's such a typical "fufufukeke I'm evil for no reason". It was however very ridiculous that Idate's story was so similar to Naruto's. Was that the best they could do? And whatever happened to Ibiki to make Idate think he was dead?

Anyway, not up to par with the real story of course but it's more than I expected... if not else for the action and the fact that they are actually establishing rain village's population. They make it look like some kind of traitor village of doom inhabited by freaks... funny fun!

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
One thing I liked about the ending was that for a first they showed villans and enemys.

Zabuza and Haku
Gaara
Itachi
Kabuto
Orochimaru

No ending had them before... and its quite cool to see Zabuza and Haku again, though they're dead

The new intro ruled.
Have still to watch the ep... downloaded raw just to see the op and end

Masamune
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
it was ok

Board of Command
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:30 PM
I think the producers were on weed when the made the ending...

JKD
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I thought this episode was alright. I can't wait until the next arc starts becuase that's when everything is going to get really intense!

aznj50
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
that was a crazy episode. ^^

chambers
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:56 PM
the closing theme reminds me of a certain final fantasy theme tune but i can tthink what one it was... anyone else?

CUE
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I liked the opening.

Too bad the show sucked ass. It's getting gayer and gayer, I half expected naruto to kiss idate.

tensai
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:40 PM
yup, that was one great opening
the ending i dont like that much

the rest of the ep i didnt like, it seemed too predictable
idate's past, so stupid
is everyone that naruto meets suppose to be like him in one way or another

and yes, the best part for me was the rasengan tornado, naruto running on water past sasuke was cool too

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by: Crows_Kill
Great new opening. The ending was hippy trippy and the whole flying naruto head thing reminded my of old scooby doo eps fro some reason., but i really dig the song.

Oh my God... you are right!! It's just like old Scooby-Doo episodes!!

You know what Naruto's head made me think of? That old Batman show, with Adam West and the old Batman cartoons, when they showed Batman's head whenever the scene changed.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
About the rasangen whirlpool...just how much chakra DOES Naruto have? That's a lot of chakra right there considering he just did Bunshin, then each clone did a rasangen with enough force to create a huge whirlpool.

I think they went a bit too far with the whirlpool idea.

PossiblE
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:43 PM
It's only the first step of the Rasengan, meaning it's uncontrolled. In the first step, Naruto just makes water spin with his chakra.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I was thinking the same. Not only that, but can the kagebunshin control chakra so freely?
So, on one hand,

Underwater ninja - good. It just shows ninja are way too cool (in Naruto's world).
Chakra whirpool - Too much... but it created a big sea-water toilet!
Aoi's body-suit - stupid. I can't look at him without laughing.

Oh, and didn't Sasuke look jealous of Naruto's sermon skills? It sure seemed so to me! "Man, I wish I could sermon people like that, it'd be so cool!"

theblakeman
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:58 PM
OH MAN, OH MAN, OH SHIT, THAT FUCKING OPENING FUCKING MADE ME SWELL UP WITH TEARS, AND I STARTED SHAKING AND WHEN IT ENDED I SCREAMED!!!!! It was ssoooososoososososooooooo FUCKING HARDCORE!!!!!!!!! AAAAUGH!!!!
If you just listen to it enough you start to appreciate the vocals and the music and how they have such dramattic flair into the song as a whole! This beats the shit out of GO!!!
The ending was too hippy-ish and kind of lame.
And uh people are talking about some kind of episode? There was an episode? Huh?

Assassin
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:14 AM
man that ep sucked soo much ass its not even funny. this one is rite up there with ep 101 (or was it 100?) and that sakura/ino flashback. hell, even the flashback ep was better then this cuz it had atleast some fighitng in it.

the only kool part about this ep was the whirlpool naruto creaqted using rasengan. that was fucking awsome. but there were alot of problems with this ep: (in no particular order)

1. i know this has ben said before, but...water clones?? wtf. no genin should be able to use a jutsu like that. it takes away from the koolnes of kagebunshin!

2. ok, so this Aoi guy is a jounin...hes too gay to be jounin! and his character is EXACTLY the same as that other teacher from ep 1. its the same fucking thing over again.

3. is it just me or were there problems with this ep? some parts just seem to jump all of a sudden. like when Aio is kicking idate in the rain...he goes to kick him, and then suddenly his foot is like 2 feet in the air and idate is on his side....same thing when naruto and gang run up to idate....they just sudenly like teleport 3 meters forward.

4. so it seems sakura IS gonna become a medic....i dunno, that just seems gay. no real reason. it just does.

5. in the preview it shows sasuke facing off against aoi...maybe thas just some stupid standoff, i dunno. but i swear, if sasuke actualyl beats this guy i'd be soo pissed. hes a jounin (even though he shouldn't be) and theres no fucking way ANY genin can beat him no matter who it is. not even naruto.

6. the ending is too pink...wtf! and the intro and outro songs blow. but the opening animation is AWSOME

thats all i cna think of rite now...i'll complain more later.

btw, is it possible to take the current opening and put another song on it? like one of the other opening songs? if it is, i'd love to see it done.

Saruto
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:38 AM
I Liked that ep and 103!..even if it's not in the manga, its like a bonus story, it's just suck that naruto will kick a jounin ass :S..or maybe not..who knows...

Assertn
Fri, 10-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
1. i know this has ben said before, but...water clones?? wtf. no genin should be able to use a jutsu like that. it takes away from the koolnes of kagebunshin!

yep, thats what i said last week
its totally a jounin level jutsu

i dont get why aoi is using a jutsu that rain genins seem capable of performing, but if naruto beats a jounin in this saga, i'll be pissed

Y
Fri, 10-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Well, perhaps they had the same situation as Naruto (stealing forbidden techniques). Or, perhaps, the Hidden Mist leaks its better techniques down to the lower ranks.

basey44
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:18 AM
if aoi took the seal scroll then what did naruto steal?
did they remake the scroll or is it a different one cos i kinda remember that the one naruto stole had the same name yea?

Assertn
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:24 AM
i think the seal scroll applied to just the 2nd hokage's sword

ZakuHan
Fri, 10-15-2004, 04:25 AM
It must be a different seal scroll, the one Naruto stole was almost as big as him.

Naruto out-powers most Jounins, though that doesn't mean he can beat them.. same goes the other way around, really. You'd think by now ya'll would know that more power does not equal an absolute victory ><

2 genins could beat a Jounin, depending on teamwork, and we know Sasuke and Naruto are capable of that when they have to. One genin could beat a Jounin too, depending on the circumstances. There's really no way to tell til you see it.

But anyway, good episode. I thought it was kinda corny that Idate is yet another person that has a past identical to Naruto's, but I'm willin to overlook that. Can't wait to see the action next week :D

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Hopefully, Naruto won't beat the jounin by himself.

While its unrealistic for Naruto to be beating Jounins by himself, I wouldn't put it bast all of Team 7 to take one out.

I also noticed from the next episode prieview that Aoi seems to still have that sword he stole and is gonna be using it. That sounds like it could be cool.

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 05:55 AM
I don't know what problem you guys have. Why shouldn't a Genin be able to win against a Jounin?
Jounin is just a title you get after passing the exam, that doesn't mean, that all Genins are weaker than Jounins. It just states, that they are at least on a specific Level.
To be a Genin just means you have passed the Academy, thats all.
Hell, there could be even Genins who could beat a Sanin.

?igma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 06:11 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ the last part of your reply , the first I agree with =)

edit: to put some arguments forward to defend my LOOOOL ..

You become sannin with EXPERIENCE!!! , now you can talk all day long, but a Genin doesnt even come close to the experience Sannins have in their left fucking toe!!

Arog
Fri, 10-15-2004, 06:15 AM
um im not too sure about that....but i thought genin's didnt take exams u were offered to become a jounin where u can become anbu or a teacher

i didnt like the openning so much...just i have been listenning to fma...heh but the animation is so wicked..too bad they dont have fights like that

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
@?igma

Probably there will be no one like this. If someone is this good, he normally will be recognized by someone else and just get a title from above without doing a special exam or so, when he doesn't attend further exams.
I just meant, that by principle it could give someone like this, because these are just titles.
My exampel was of course a bit too much.

Hotsuma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:10 AM
I want Naruto to beat up that gay ass Aoi. First of all, Aoi is a pretty damn girly name. Second, his body suit is just fucking GHEY. Third, he's a carbon copy of Mizuki (also a girly name) from episode 1. Fourth, I hate him because he's not a part of the official cannon, and just a wannabe bad-ass. Naruto should rasengan that fucker and yell to his face "You aren't even a real character!!"

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by: Nachtvogel
I don't know what problem you guys have. Why shouldn't a Genin be able to win against a Jounin?
Jounin is just a title you get after passing the exam, that doesn't mean, that all Genins are weaker than Jounins. It just states, that they are at least on a specific Level.
To be a Genin just means you have passed the Academy, thats all.
Hell, there could be even Genins who could beat a Sanin.

And to get the titles you ACTUALLY NEED SOME SKILL SO YOU CAN PASS THE GODDAMN TESTS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T EXACTLY SOMETHING THAT YOU GET BY SIGNING A PETITION.

You're an idiot.

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Aehm, have you really read, what I have written??
Nobody forces anyone too take a damn test and it is normally not the test which makes someone stronger ....

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 11:43 AM
"Jounin is just a title you get after passing the exam, that doesn't mean, that all Genins are weaker than Jounins. It just states, that they are at least on a specific Level."

You get the title by having the strength & cunning which allows you to earn that title, which is the simple reason to why all jounin whips genin ass.
What in this is so unclear to you?

According to you, a guy of genin skill could be employed to be a squad leader (the job of most jounin).
And again, according to you, you are saying a genin can beat up Jiraiya, Orochimaru & Tsunade.

So as I said before, you are an idiot.

Aeon
Fri, 10-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The opening fucking owns.

And the parts with Neji are the best. At the end at 22:05 is that a new girl or is that supposed to be Haku?

thundrakkon
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
And the parts with Neji are the best. At the end at 22:05 is that a new girl or is that supposed to be Haku?

That was Haku in his female look.

The opening made me think of disco. I also noticed that the opening had Naruto running with the other guys, not including Sasuke. Does this mean that Naruto will have a mission away from team 7? Or does it mean that after the Chuunin exam, team seven might be split up? The opening animation was great.

@Winged Dancer, yeah, the water clones should not have been done by genins; however, Naruto's Rasengan with his shadow clones is plausible. Whenever he creates his shadow clones, chakra is supposed to split evenly among the clones and himself. Since he is only using the first level of Rasengan, it does not require an intense amount of chakra. Maybe in the future if he uses kyuubi chakra, he can do multiple full Rasengan with all his clones. That would be pretty cool to see.

SilentSnake
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:08 PM
opening does not neccesarily shows real things, as we have seen before they just could be there for coolness aspect i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

but i have to agree that animation in OP is cool and there are some nice actions, about team 7 splitting up i dunno, i thought that shika is the only chunnin right now, they seemed like didn't wanting to make a chunnin sasuke, naruto nor neji, but i can be wrong of course i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: to below

shikamaru was called with his dad in ep where they met tsunade and his dad makes a face like "god, tell me he's not a fag:" when shikamaru goes like "i don't like girls" etc.

i'm quite sure that he was called at chuunin promotion ceremony or somthin, damn, i thought everyone had that kind of feeling, i think that in one of threads there was a discussion about that topic, can be wrong though...

ZakuHan
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Nobody ever said who was promoted to Chuunin and who not.. The only input was those two commentary guys in the stands during the fight and it was just their opinion that Shikamaru was the only one tested that had what it took to be a Chuunin. The examinor said Sasuke was already chuunin-level but that could only mean power wise.

And why is there an assumption that genins are using water clones? The rain ninja were using them and they're atleast Chuunin level.

THe opening was very well done animation-wise, hate the ending though.. The music and the ending itself.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
I want Naruto to beat up that gay ass Aoi. First of all, Aoi is a pretty damn girly name. Second, his body suit is just fucking GHEY. Third, he's a carbon copy of Mizuki (also a girly name) from episode 1. Fourth, I hate him because he's not a part of the official cannon, and just a wannabe bad-ass. Naruto should rasengan that fucker and yell to his face "You aren't even a real character!!"

::Clap, clap::

Couldn't have said it better!! Specially point one and two!! I bow to the wisdom of the above quote!

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:07 PM
@Terra

You speak about skill Level, I about title, that's just not the same, because titles just present a minimum Level of skill, that someone surpassed.

But I think, you need an exampel to figure out what I mean:
Simple assumption. I got 2 Genins A and B and A is definitly the stronger one of both.
Then its time for the Chunnin exam. A got some mission or something else and cannot participate.
B takes the exam and passes it -> he becomes Jounin

So now A is still a Genin and B is now a Jounin. But A is still the stronger one of both.

I think, this should have been easy enough to understand even for you.

ZakuHan
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Nicely put, Nachtvogel. Wish I would have thought of explaining it like that earlier.

Cyrano
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: Nachtvogel
@Terra

You speak about skill Level, I about title, that's just not the same, because titles just present a minimum Level of skill, that someone surpassed.

But I think, you need an exampel to figure out what I mean:
Simple assumption. I got 2 Genins A and B and A is definitly the stronger one of both.
Then its time for the Chunnin exam. A got some mission or something else and cannot participate.
B takes the exam and passes it -> he becomes Jounin

So now A is still a Genin and B is now a Jounin. But A is still the stronger one of both.

I think, this should have been easy enough to understand even for you.

One little bug... in your example, the gennin passes directly to jounin

PS. Please keep it civilized, both of you i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SeifeR
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:44 PM
i just wish that they involve ino more with the story , i like her a lot more than chouji that fat bastard!
ahaha jk hes ok.

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Don't know what you mean exactly at so moment.
If you mean, that B gets stronger while taking the exam, because of the different tests and hard training, than I can just say, that A also can get stronger in this time (by missions and also hard training).
Just tried to keep the exampel easy.
Perhaps there is something aside the test to get the Jounin title, but I haven't seen anything about that yet and it won't really change the situation.

And when it comes to being civilized ... (just read the postings and decide self)

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:55 PM
@Nachtvogel

First off don't you "even you should understand that" me, boy. It's not my fault that you can't express yourself so people understand. That example you give there is nothing alike your original statement which was:

"A GENIN CAN BEAT A SANNIN!"

And second off, even if you give that example your original point remains stupid. Of course, if 2 strong genins are going to take the chuunin exam and one of them can't participate that's one thing because he can't help THAT. But A GENIN AND A SANNIN! There's a big fucking difference between 2 genin who become chuunin at different points and fucking Naruto VS Jiraiya.

Again, that example is nothing like what you said at first. So don't think you have the right to gloat.

Assertn
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
oh boy.....looks like we got some YtheAlien clones here......

look, the title jounin is given based on a ninja's skill. If genins can be stronger than jounins, jounins can be weaker than chuunins, and there is no defining difference in abilities between the 3 classes, then what is the point of having the classes? why do jounins get all the A and B ranked missions if a genin might be a better ninja than the jounin is?

btw, strength is only one factor in being a good ninja. If a jounin is physically weaker than a genin, it still doesnt mean the genin will win in a fight against the jounin.

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Exactly.

What's the point of classes if everyone can beat everyone?

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:17 PM
I didn't say anything against the classes. Normally the title should define how good someone is, but thats not always how it really is. Thats all.

chambers
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:20 PM
well it is when you consider there isnt an age limit on any rank. so in effect if they were good enough a 4 year old could be hokage. a genin cant beat a sannin, beacuse if he could he woudlnt BE a genin. dont you think someone woudl have turned round and said hey......maybe we should promote this guy that could slaughter out village by clicking his fingers?

Board of Command
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Well if Nachtvogel knew to how punctuate his writing a bit better, he might be more successful in the field of persuasion.

Secondly, sannin isn't even a class. This goes back to a discussion a few months ago. The official ranks are GENIN->CHUNIN->JOUNIN->KAGE. Sannin just refers to the three legendary ninjas that by chance all came from the same teacher in Konoha. Itachi is pretty strong, but he's not a sannin. The other guys at Atatsuki are probably also real tough guys, but they're not sannins either. There are only 3 sannins and there won't be successors. You can't just promote someone to sannin.

Lastly, the ranking system just applies to the ninja population as a general trend. 99% of the time jounins are stronger than genins, but there are always exceptions. A genin can train really hard and become super-strong, but never take the exams to advance classes. Chunins are basically the same as genins, but just with a different mentality. Genins are usually kids, and chunins are usually late-teens to adults. What I'm saying is: chunins are more mentally mature than genins.

Assertn
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:22 PM
btw.....sannin isnt a class, nor is it a rank
its merely a name given to the 3 awesome ninjas that were trained under the 3rd hokage

Board of Command
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Hehe, tie.

Nachtvogel
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:33 PM
@Board
You are probably right, but I am not really used to write/persuade someone in english.
But it tought it was good enough to get them understand what I said.

ZakuHan
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:52 PM
It's pretty obviousy English isn't your first language, Nacht, but you got the point out well enough. Even if it was missed, it was there i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

However, I think the kind of thing the other folks are trying to say is.. A cadet could be smarter than a general, but a general has the experience needed to know how to apply his smarts to the situations, no matter how much less he has than the cadet and that's why he's the general i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

So, Naruto and/or Sasuke could have the power potential to beat a Jounin, but that doesn't mean they know how to do it.

Hotsuma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:15 PM
I think it's possible for Naruto to beat up Aoi. But that's all. He can't beat Kakashi, Gai, Zabuza or any other jounin we've seen. And he DAMN WELL can't beat a guy like Jiraiya.

From what I've seen, Aoi doesn't seem that great to begin with. Take away his umbrella, and he ain't shit.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:45 PM
I know, what a gay guy. Who uses an umbrella for a weapon? Especially when it's not raining.

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
The rule of jounin strength doesn't apply to Aoi because he's just a filler character put in to buy some time for the directors.
I'd like to think of the anime as a final cut, but I know it's a lost cause because Aoi will get whipped anyway despite his rank.

Assassin
Fri, 10-15-2004, 11:29 PM
yep, its kinda predictable...somehow sasuke and naruto will end up kicking his ass.

as for the whole genin can beat a jounin thing....wtf?!? like several ppl have said, if tehre IS a genin strong enuff to beat a jounin, then he wouldn't BE a genin anymore, he'd be considered a jounin. just look at kakashi....he was strong even when he was little, and im sure at teh age of 6 he could beat a chuunin, and so he BECAME a chuunin at the age of 6.

oh ya, i rememebred something else that pissed me off about this ep....Aoi is a missing nin who stole the villages treasure.....now maybe its just me, but doesn't that sort of thing get the hunter nins on ur ass?? i mean, thats what they're for aren't they?

and how could he just take the sword and prance into the rain village and just become a rain nin...1. he still has the "present" he stole, and 2. a village wouldn't provide refuge for a missing nin willingly or else it'd be an act of war wouldn't it? and considering the relative sizes and difference in power of konoha and the rain village, i dont think the hidden rain could take that chance.

yet anotehr stupid mistake those idiot producers have made....god how i hate thier guts!

Ryno2410
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Just b/c you're ranked #1 in a league doesn't mean the #1 team will win. Just b/c a special ops. person has been trained for years doesn't mean he can't be shot by a 13 yr old kid. You may have more skill and experience, but that doesn't necessarily give you a default win.

jing
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:32 AM
How is it that a stupid lil gennin kid is able to steal the top secret scroll, and sacred items, i dont GET IT.

but it will probably say something about Ibiki being a hunternin getting retrieving the things back next ep..

ZakuHan
Sat, 10-16-2004, 04:33 AM
as for the whole genin can beat a jounin thing....wtf?!? like several ppl have said, if tehre IS a genin strong enuff to beat a jounin, then he wouldn't BE a genin anymore, he'd be considered a jounin. just look at kakashi....he was strong even when he was little, and im sure at teh age of 6 he could beat a chuunin, and so he BECAME a chuunin at the age of 6.

Not true.. Team 7 did an A rank mission, did that bump them up to Jounin since only Jounin can do those? No. Gaara's team did atleast an A rank and several B ranks, did he get promoted for them? Nope. Titles and strength do not always coincide with eachother.

Naruto is a genin but most likely the most powerful character in the series right now (Chakra wise, doesn't mean he knows what the hell to do with it). But he can't be a Jounin, since he hasn't done whatever test it is they have to do to get that rank. I believe those ranks are only to hold the hierarchy, not to actually state a person's power.. Though they can give you a general idea for the most part.

jedros
Sat, 10-16-2004, 05:56 AM
aoi's only a jonin because he betrayed konoha for the rank. he was like on iruka sensei's level and wasn't going to make it as a konoha jonin. so if they beat him up, it will only be like beating up a chuunin. Even konoha's geinins are better

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:53 AM
"Just b/c you're ranked #1 in a league doesn't mean the #1 team will win. Just b/c a special ops. person has been trained for years doesn't mean he can't be shot by a 13 yr old kid. You may have more skill and experience, but that doesn't necessarily give you a default win."

Bad examples. When it comes to league, positions are pending back and forth. It's more like a rank while the ninja hierarcy is like classes which are permanent. And remove that gun thing too, this is a freakin' anime. People don't die by gunshots here.

@ZakuHan: This is filler. Naruto isn't supposed to be able to do A rank missions. I don't know what crack the producers smoked, but you can't include it as a fact. And Gaara's team only did B missions at most. He did ONE. And wasn't hurt during it, hence Kabuto's surprised reaction back during the early chuunin arc. And seriously wtf "they are just there to hold the hierarchy" have you even watched the series? The void between genins & jounins are infinite!

All of you guys have the same problem. You keep seeing genin fight each other with cool moves and you fall under the false spell that the genin are mega mega powerful and can beat everything that moves. Sure, pit Naruto VS Chouji and you'll probably see Naruto whip him so easily that you'll think he's high rank. But pit Naruto VS a jounin and we can all laugh, because he will lose in an instant.

I can't believe you guys keep going at this.

Arog
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:55 AM
@ Assassin: I think he stole the sword to give it to the rain that is why they accepted him maybe

ZakuHan
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:03 PM
@ZakuHan: This is filler. Naruto isn't supposed to be able to do A rank missions. I don't know what crack the producers smoked, but you can't include it as a fact. And Gaara's team only did B missions at most. He did ONE. And wasn't hurt during it, hence Kabuto's surprised reaction back during the early chuunin arc. And seriously wtf "they are just there to hold the hierarchy" have you even watched the series? The void between genins & jounins are infinite!

I think you misunderstood me there, on atleast one account. The A rank mission I'm talking about was Zabuza's arc. He didn't defeat Zabuza, obviously, but the mission was STILL an A rank (Paid as a C rank due to the drunk old man), and I'm sure Kakashi filled in the Hokage on that upon return during the mission report.

Assertn
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
btw............
did anyone catch that "lee vs gaara" remix song they were playing when aoi was messin with the kids?

Board of Command
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:20 PM
No I'm not too keen on the music. The only theme I know is the Naruto-success theme, you know? The one with the drums and stuff.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:22 PM
ZakuHan: Oh. Well, they would all be dead meat without Kakashi there... so I wouldn't use that as an argument either though.

Assertn: Yeah, I was going to say that a few posts back but I forgot it for some reason. It was a neat touch.

Assassin
Sat, 10-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
Not true.. Team 7 did an A rank mission, did that bump them up to Jounin since only Jounin can do those? No. Gaara's team did atleast an A rank and several B ranks, did he get promoted for them? Nope. Titles and strength do not always coincide with eachother.

Naruto is a genin but most likely the most powerful character in the series right now (Chakra wise, doesn't mean he knows what the hell to do with it). But he can't be a Jounin, since he hasn't done whatever test it is they have to do to get that rank. I believe those ranks are only to hold the hierarchy, not to actually state a person's power.. Though they can give you a general idea for the most part.

dude, are u high? doing *one* A rank mission doesn't mean shit....hell it was an accident they did it anyway. if they had been GIVEN an A rank mission then u could say that yes, they're possibly higher then genin level. besides, just because they lucked out and didn't get slaughtered doesn't mean they're strong as jounins. a jounin would be able to beat zabuza and do A rank missions ALL the time.

But he can't be a Jounin, since he hasn't done whatever test it is they have to do to get that rank

no he can't be a jounin cuz hes not strong enuff to be a jounin. hes only the strongest GENIN in the series..and maybe a mid level chuunin at this point. lets look at all the fights naruto had with jounin level characters:

1. Kakashi (during the training): he gets trapped several times and gets a finger up his ass.

2. Zabuza: he gets kicked around alot and is only able to fool zabuza with the help of sasuke for an instant.

3. Orochimaru (during chuunin exam): even with kyuubi chakra he can't do shit except stab a snake with a tiny kunai and get his ass sealed.

4. Itachi/Kisame (at the hotel): hes too scared to even put up a fight, and when he tries to mold chakra, hes nullified by kisame.

5. Tsunade (when they make the bet): he can't even lay a finger on her and she flicks him away.

6. Kabuto: even after he's been knocked around my tsunade, naruto still can't do shit to him. he manages to surprise kabuto and pull off a renengan, but also gets badly hurt himself. if it wasn't for the fact that hes the main character, he would have died rite there, where as kabuto would survive.

the record speaks for itself...no matter how strong naruto is, he can't beat any jounin no matter who it is

Renbo
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Don't think Naruto can ever beat a jounin alone (at least now) - not because he does not posses the chakra levels or powers as other jounins, but because he simply lacks the experiance in battle...
Other Jounins can anticipate what Naruto is going to do a mile away, while he will not see it coming until its too late.

From time to time he does manage to think of a cool trick (being the surprise ninja that he is) - and that may change the tide of the battle; but will never win him a 1 on 1 fight with a jounin imo.

SeifeR
Sun, 10-17-2004, 12:48 AM
I dunno why but this kinda caught my attention. During the intro when it shows Sakura and Naruto, then the arm in the middle holding onto the forhead protector, is that supposed to be Sasuke? kinda like trying to hold on to his self but then it shows Oro and Itachi and then he lets the Forhead protector drop, the lyrics of that part of the song made me think it was Sasuke. I dunno what this means cuz i was stoned when i watched it and i just felt like checking if anyone else noticed that?
well bye

miaka
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:12 AM
definitely wouldn't make any sense if naruto beat a jounin

KameronFrye
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Honestly, I haven't scrolled through more than a third of this, and it seems most people are hating this arc. My thoughts:

1) Of recent, I have only seen one episode of "filler". That one episode where Naruto's team tried to see under Kakashi's mask... A-H's subs pegged that one when the bird kept saying "ever".

2) When I started watching this show over a year and a half ago, this is exactly what I wanted and expected from the show. I won't complain about what I received in return (Gaara vs. Rock Lee anyone?), but I expected a series of short missions of varying content, with a good dash of character development on the part of those the team would be assigned to protect. If they decide to do more of things like this and add in a dash of 30 episodes of manga-true story, great. But I enjoy the nibble-size stories over the buffet of angst that this show gave me through several heavy, non-mission arcs. I don't believe you can claim to love the character of this show yet hate this arc because it isn't what you wanted to see based from the manga. This show still decimates on character development + showing the individual talents develop in the characters. This episode, for instance, showing Naruto performing his Rasengan with multiple shadow replications; that was something I wanted to see him develop, and it was awesome to see he can use his attacks without it being an all out assault. He used an attack to moreso elevate him and his teammates over doing it to cause someone physical damage. That was a nice touch.

3) If you don't like this arc, then don't watch it. I cut myself off on the manga back when it hit the point where Tsunade was being sought out for Hokage. I still d/l the mangas, and sadly enough I even buy the American releases of the mangas. I honestly don't care about the difference in the manga/anime, I enjoy both as a stand alone product. This is true of many, if not all, shows that are run from mangas. There are parts the animators feel is necessary, and there are parts they don't feel the time is right to explore, if it is at all. You aren't making the show, and you are entitled to your opinion; I simply don't feel that it is valid to bitch over differences. American cinema is true of this too; movies based off already established written works can not always be %100 translated. Some films (i.e. Fight Club) have to make detours from the work simply because an idea presented in the novel does not translate well to the screen. If you were to ever work on adapting a script to screen, you would learn this in an introductory class. But for those of you bitching, I sincerely doubt there is anyone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to download the episodes. If all you can do is bitch, save yourself the frustration and take a Naruto break. Don't worry, we will tell you when it is over.

4) I care jack shit about openings/closings on Naruto, with exception to the Chibi ending they had several episodes ago. I enjoyed that one at random. Otherwise, it's a 7mb waste to me. I'm re-editing the d/ls I have in order to clump episodes together without opening/endings/episode previews. Being more excited about a new opening/closing to a show moreso than the show itself is a little weird to me, although there are other shows I liked the change up on. FMA, for instance, had solid opening/closings. Naruto simply doesn't do it for me.
Edit: forgot to say this, but the opening was pretty cool. I'll still skip it from now on, simply because it's 2 minutes longer than I care to wait for the episode, but I will watch it at random, as I do with the Chibi ending.

CUE
Sun, 10-17-2004, 05:02 AM
About all this naruto>jounin thing, he hasn't even fought him yet. When/if naruto does beat that jounin, then everybody can start bitching. But just wait and see.

kaigan
Sun, 10-17-2004, 05:47 AM
so has the anime resume back to the manga now? or is it stiller the fillers?

kooshi
Sun, 10-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Just watched this episode and it's a pretty good one, although the new opening was probably the best part, lol. It seems like there's this big argument about Naruto being greater/worse than a Jounin. I'll just say this: chances of a Genin winning against a Jounin are very SLIM, no matter who the fighters are. Just remember that it's a 1v1 fight I'm talking about. If Naruto's team all fought together against that Aoi person (btw, I freaking hate him. Looks stupid and acts so damn cocky), then the odds improve for the team, although I dunno how much of a factor.
Heh, I was quite surprised when Naruto did his kage bunshin/rasengan trick, but then again, he is the number 1 ninja at surprising people, lol. I just loved Sasuke's look when he saw Naruto make the hugeass tornado and running on the water (THERE!! If Sasuke was able to walk on water, why didn't he do so right there? I remember someone said that Sasuke was capable of walking on water, but I forget who). And YES, we finally find out what does masks the Rain Genins are for (kinda logical since they live in a water environment).

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by: SeifeR
I dunno why but this kinda caught my attention. During the intro when it shows Sakura and Naruto, then the arm in the middle holding onto the forhead protector, is that supposed to be Sasuke? kinda like trying to hold on to his self but then it shows Oro and Itachi and then he lets the Forhead protector drop, the lyrics of that part of the song made me think it was Sasuke. I dunno what this means cuz i was stoned when i watched it and i just felt like checking if anyone else noticed that?
well bye

You aren't alone in noticing that and you are completely right.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-17-2004, 09:58 AM
So it seems as though Naruto and Sasuke are gonna duke it out... I wish they hadn't given that away in the intro... it does look neat though, Sasuke's Sharingan and Naruto's Kyuubi eyes...

Kumiriko
Sun, 10-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Since there is already six pages i will most likely say alot of what has already been sead. Ok. I for one liked the eps. naruto Getting his Shadow Clones to Create the whearl pool was Just too damn cool. And Sakura dosnt only need to learn medical Techniqs but Human shild jutsu's since thats what she mainly acts as, It would give her a Purpose and It wount be Too imbarrasing. A good Defence is a good thing in escort Missons. Now for the Songs. The Opening song and ending song were not the best ones IMO but they are not bad ether. The Opening animation was Really Nice. The Ending. I have to agree with someone on the first page. Made me think of the Beatles. and thats a good thing. I hope they dont speed thought this comeing ark like i know they could. Alot of you will odds are be complaning about run on eps but Trust me. thats not a bad thing. I hope i dint say too much about the next ark. Oh yah, Forgot about this. But did aoi Really earn his Rank? sure he is a pure Konoha ninja gone to train under another Hidden Village. but dint he get his current Rank by Buying it with the scroll and sword?

Julianlivre
Sun, 10-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Damn the naruto series is getting boring as hell
Dont ya guys think so ???

Kumiriko
Sun, 10-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by: Julianlivre

plz refer to youre Sig

KitKat
Sun, 10-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Personally, I kinda liked this episode. Granted it's not world class, but it's not the worst we've seen either (101 made me want to bang my head against a wall). It was good to see Naruto applying the training he's had when he ran across the water.

I wonder how much older Idate is than them. It seems strange that they wouldn't recognize him if he came from Konoha, or at least heard something about Idate/Aoi.

Oh, and I completely agree with Winged Dancer. Aoi's bodysuit makes me cringe. WORST clothing idea ever.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-17-2004, 12:01 PM
A question about the mist ninja:

They have oxygen breathing things, but where's the oxygen tank?

ZakuHan
Sun, 10-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by: Julianlivre

No, but you don't have to watch it either :P

Oh, and I completely agree with Winged Dancer. Aoi's bodysuit makes me cringe. WORST clothing idea ever.

Lol. It looks goofy, but it's practical, since he's from the rain village. Probably meant so he can dive through water if he happened to need to.

What about Lee's body suit? There IS no practical purpose to that! ><

kooshi
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:45 PM
This is just my opinion on this one confusion part, but I think Aoi is pretty much a Jounin. In Konoha, Genins were trained by Jounins. Since Aoi trained Idate, it seems logical for him to be at a Jounin level. If there is some other point proving otherwise, it should be said.

PossiblE
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I believe it was said Aoi is a Jounin in the episode...

ZakuHan
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually both Chuunins and Jounins are in charge of teaching genins. Iruka and Mizuki were teaching Naruto's class, but we know some of the Jounins teach as well. I think it's just that Jounins are in charge of the in-field training, and are more of a babysitter on missions than anything.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Jounins lead the 3-man squads and in some rarer cases invidual people (see: Orochimaru & Anko).

Assassin
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Actually both Chuunins and Jounins are in charge of teaching genins. Iruka and Mizuki were teaching Naruto's class, but we know some of the Jounins teach as well. I think it's just that Jounins are in charge of the in-field training, and are more of a babysitter on missions than anything.

chuunins are only incharge of cadets. and in the ep we see that idate was recomended for the chuunin exam, and only a jounin sensie can do that.

SeifeR
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Originally posted by: SeifeR
well bye

You aren't alone in noticing that and you are completely right.

Ahh good =]
i cant wait to see Sasuke vs Naruto , the buildup to it in the intro was really wicked. I thought the cursed seal was put under control though by Kakashi? But Sasuke can still activate it by relying on its power right? like that time vs Gaara , then it consumes him? Just how much power can Sasuke get from it? the chakra comes from Oro?

If the answers to these questions are possible spoilers, plz msg me the answer, the cursed seal kinda confuses me. heh
thx!

Mgslee
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by: jedros
aoi's only a jonin because he betrayed konoha for the rank. he was like on iruka sensei's level and wasn't going to make it as a konoha jonin. so if they beat him up, it will only be like beating up a chuunin. Even konoha's geinins are better

Is everyone else missing this point?

Aoi is only a Chunnin in konoha, allowing naruto and sasuke to beat his ass... This will reiterate itself again later on when Aoi losses to "Genins" and claims "but i'm a Jounin!" and we have ibuki's flash back (again) talking about there are things more important then rank

Village of rain totally seems like a traitorious village to me where anything goes. Also as for the rain nin using water clones, that doesnt really surprise me. If your selected to enter the Chuunin exam you're more then likely have the skill set to be a chuunin (you just might not have the combat experience / strategy) Since those rain nins are specialists with illusionary techniques / clones in what we've seen and come from a water based village... natural that they'd learn water clones (also are water clones considered Jounin level technique? dont think its ever actually been said...)

Lastly, I think people like to whine and moan over nothing. So far I'm actually enjoying this filler arc, but unfortunetly its being too predictable.. I hope for Naruto and Co to win the race but have Idate die at the end... that would make things interesting imo... he sacrified himself for what he believed in or something... similar to Haku's story. The tortoise vs the hare thing thats being developed is stupid imo if they win by that measure... so far so good, dont make stupid ending to arc is all i'm hoping...

Assertn
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

havent you ever seen a james bond movie before? there do exist capsules of oxygen small enough to fit in your pocket for short term under water swimming. If a ninja is lugging around a full scuba diving suit, then you can hardly call him a ninja.

CUE
Mon, 10-18-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

havent you ever seen a james bond movie before? there do exist capsules of oxygen small enough to fit in your pocket for short term under water swimming. If a ninja is lugging around a full scuba diving suit, then you can hardly call him a ninja.

...they don't really exist. Just because it was in a James Bond movie doesn't make it real.

Kumiriko
Mon, 10-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by: CUE

...they don't really exist. Just because it was in a James Bond movie doesn't make it real.

Just because it was in James Bond dosnt mean it isnt real. Or is there no such Thing as China?

kooshi
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko

Originally posted by: CUE

Just because it was in James Bond dosnt mean it isnt real. Or is there no such Thing as China?

I agree here. If you watch the CLASSIC James Bond movies, I'd say almost all of the equipment is realistic.

Assertn
Mon, 10-18-2004, 12:12 PM
no, there does exist oxygen tanks the size of pop cans.....they only last for several minutes, but thats all the time those rain nin needed anyway
i like how you guys ridicule james bond for being unrealistic yet become anal over details in naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

?igma
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:19 PM
even today, everything in JB is real, just WAAAAAAAAAAY overexaggerated

kooshi
Mon, 10-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Still, I rather watch the classics. The new ones these days are unrealistic. I mean, 5 guys with machine guns shooting at a running target for like 15 seconds, and not even one bullet hits him. Just WHAT is up with that? It's just messed up, IMO, hehe.

Board of Command
Mon, 10-18-2004, 03:32 PM
There are those breather things in Star Wars Ep 1, when they dive to the underwater place.

But then again, that's Star Wars.

Edit: Well if they riddle James Bond with bullets then where wouldn't be much of a movie. The movies are called 007, so if 007 dies then the series would end. (Though that would be nice)

Knives122
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:02 PM
They really arent that bad, but this episode I cant really say it was annoying b/c if they took the 2nds sword how come nobody went to go get it back(even if its not real, its still has principle) I thought that was stupid, and whats with him not being able to run or walk just b/c he got hit in the leg with a needle now thats unvelievable

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
probably the needles pierced his leg mucsles

Board of Command
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Or a pressure point or major nerve. You can't move your arm well either if you get a needle on the funny bone.

Kumiriko
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Knives you could alwas do an exparament. Take a Sowing Needle. Dip it in some sort of poison and have an antidote ready. if you can run in 5 hours after you do that. you Win!

Arog
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:26 PM
lol kumiriko hahah but thats a good question why no one went to go get the sword after im sure he would have gotten hunted down

kooshi
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
You do realize that Aoi is probably smart enough to get Idate to meet at a secret spot, like whta Mizuki did with Naruto. It was only by chance that Iruka found Naruto first. Also, nobody else could find the three, so through this logic, Aoi and Idate met at a secret location where the hunters cannot find them easily.

To Knives, you most likely forgot about the poison in the needles. Although Naruto's team was struck by them also, they were much less affected since they took the antidote way before Idate did. Not to mention the fact that Idate was hit by those needles way before the team did.

Krbadass
Mon, 10-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Stay on topic

Darthmoe
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Commenting on the whole discussion about genins being stronger than jounins.

Oro admits that Kabuto is at kakashi's level, which is jounin level, but he still takes the Genin exam every year. So that proves that its possible for a genin to beat a jounin.

The new intro and outro are awesome, especially the part with naruto heads flying at your face!

And the comment about how Lee's clothing has no use.

Its Rock Lee Man, he can wear anything he wants and it will be cool.

wirm
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
the words genin, chuunin, and jounin are (in my opinion) titles, rather than actual, objective descriptions. You can be kage of a village even if you suck. Note the leader of the hidden falls village (Jump Fiesta 2004). That dude was a coward, and even with the hero water (10x chakra), he wasn't up to jounin standards. Yet, I believe that technically, he counts as the kage of that village.

Yes, in most cases, a genin could never beat a chuunin, much less a jounin (unless they're really lucky or really sneaky).

But Kabut isn't really a genin. He's a jounin of the hidden sound that pretends to be a Leaf genin.

As for Rock Lee's skin-tight outfit, I believe that he wears that to minimize friction. Gai said something like that when he gave one of those outfits to Naruto.

As for Aoi being a chuunin in Konoha, wha?!?! I have a crappy quality copy of ep 104 (can't rewind or fast-forward) but I clearly saw it stated that Aoi was a jounin in charge of Idate's team.

Assertn
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: Darthmoe
Oro admits that Kabuto is at kakashi's level, which is jounin level, but he still takes the Genin exam every year. So that proves that its possible for a genin to beat a jounin.

i dont get why so many people are confused about this. If kakashi purposely quit just before the main matches every time he took the chuunin exam, then he would still be a genin as well. Kabuto is part of the sound village, where im POSITIVE he isnt ranked genin in.

Aeon
Tue, 10-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Something I just noticed in the opening at the end where it shows the remaining genins not featured in the opening with their teacher it shows Tenten with Karenai, does that mean Gai has completely abandoned Neji and Tenten for Lee? Bad enough he wasnt with Neji before the main matches. And ohhh I hope the sound 4 come back since they in the opening.

ZakuHan
Tue, 10-19-2004, 06:34 PM
They were just showing clips of the cast, previous and present.. Doesn't mean they're gonna come back.. They can't. Kin and Zaku were destroyed after the 1st and 2nd got sealed (note the severed heads sitting in their ashes).

IamSpazzy
Tue, 10-19-2004, 07:43 PM
That James Bond underwater breathing aparatus was the actor holding his breath, while the editors did a masterful job cutting the film.

Aeon
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
They were just showing clips of the cast, previous and present.. Doesn't mean they're gonna come back.. They can't. Kin and Zaku were destroyed after the 1st and 2nd got sealed (note the severed heads sitting in their ashes).

I know they're dead(Poor Kin, she had a cool look and made it into the last opening as a silhouette but never got a chance to shine), I was talking the 4ninjas that protected Oro during his fight with The 3th. I mainly wanna see the one with two heads and the one with four arms fight.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-19-2004, 09:35 PM
They probably show up later when they fight Oro again.

Munsu
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Now that this filler has a Morino backround on in it... it would be cool if the manga later on told the Morino story differently... screwing up the anime

Dayis
Wed, 10-20-2004, 06:38 PM
this episode was great I Do not see anything wrong with it. wondering where aone 104 could be downloaded

Hollow
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:07 PM
If it's out, You'll see it at http://a.scarywater.net/aone/ first.

Assertn
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:19 PM
for future reference, dayis, info on dling new releases will be in the EPISODE XXX RELEASE INFO thread

drcitan
Wed, 10-20-2004, 08:32 PM
This episode was pretty good

wirm
Wed, 10-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I didn't read this whole thread carefully, but did anybody mention that Naruto was running around on top of the water Jesus-style?

Sasuke didn't seem surprised at all though. I recall Naruto learning the technique from Jiraiya and Ebisu, but Sasuke and Sakura never did.

Cyrano
Wed, 10-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
I didn't read this whole thread carefully, but did anybody mention that Naruto was running around on top of the water Jesus-style?

Sasuke didn't seem surprised at all though. I recall Naruto learning the technique from Jiraiya and Ebisu, but Sasuke and Sakura never did.

Sasuke and Sakura should already know it because it's considered a basic technique

Dayis
Thu, 10-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Assertnfailure where is that thread I can't find it

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 10-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Although a Manga reader, i try to take this arc as objective as i can.

It was Ok. there is really no tension in all this. That fairy Aoi is hardly a threat compared to other challenges they faced before, like Gaara or Zabuza, i found myself yelling at Naruto in my head to ransengan that bastard or Sasuke to pull his taijutsu chidori on him, because i am pretty sure that poor excuse for a ninja will get wiped out in a flash.

Hehe anyways, i was kinda disappointed by how flat the story was. Kid finds boss, boss gives him food, develops relationship, i can understand that but it just isn't that DEEP. Not like how you sympathized with Naruto and Iruka in Epi 1. However, 104 did redeem Idate's character i think, especially when they used naruto's flashbacks to identify him with it.

All in all, an average arc, only because of the quality material that preceded it. I just want them to get it over with. Of course, seeing that green rain ninja utterly Pwned in battle is worth watching this arc to the end i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kooshi
Thu, 10-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by: Cyrano

Sasuke and Sakura should already know it because it's considered a basic technique

They should know it, yes, but they should NOT know how to walk on water. We have only seen Naruto walk on water during his training. So far, Sasuke and Sakura have never been shown to walk on water (if they have, I forget, but I really doubt it). Besides, when Naruto ran past Sasuke, Sasuke had that look where he was like, "How did he get all this?" (well, seems like it to me, dunno about anyone else).

Assertn
Thu, 10-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by: Dayis
Assertnfailure where is that thread I can't find it
-_-
its on the first page of this forum....just down a little ways, its all caps so you cant miss it

i'd be surprised if sasuke and sakura can walk on water, because its more advanced than the tree exercise, and as genins they still hadnt recieved prior training in that.

Munsu
Thu, 10-21-2004, 03:56 AM
I dont think that it would be all that of a surprise... I mean... after they mastered the first tree climbing skill apparently Sakura and Sasuke learned to control the chakra pretty well... it was only naruto that really didnt learn much (even though he completed that skill)

ragnarokex
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi

Originally posted by: Cyrano

They should know it, yes, but they should NOT know how to walk on water. We have only seen Naruto walk on water during his training. So far, Sasuke and Sakura have never been shown to walk on water (if they have, I forget, but I really doubt it). Besides, when Naruto ran past Sasuke, Sasuke had that look where he was like, "How did he get all this?" (well, seems like it to me, dunno about anyone else).

no they havent bin tuahgt how to

anyways that was a great ep best i seeen for a while
and i just love the new opening song

Raposo_C
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:40 PM
The new song is cool, and the opening is amazing.

But i think they were more surprised that Naruto actually managed to control his chakra so well. I mean, he probably used more chakra then the two of them combined to do the tree climbing thing, so they were probably like WTF when did he learn how to control his chakra like that. Also I think the reason they wouldn't run on water right away anyway is because its a useless waste of chakra. When you think about it, if you could do it without using chakra, mind as well do it that way, saving the rest of your energy for when you need it.

But meh ... waiting on 105 atm