PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 235 Discussion

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
http://xscanz.free.fr/naruto235.zip

yay

SPOILERS

looks like neji is healed, choji looks like he's hurt badly and kiba is also in bandages, i wonder why shikamaru is crying is it because he failed to protect his comrades or is choji on the verge of death

AlbinoFury
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:17 PM
ty ty

and btw see bitches neji cant die so easily! told ya so

Assertn
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:28 PM
hmm.....ok when i saw shika crying i thought chouji was actually dead, but then i realized that chouji was the one all wrapped up in seal markings and stuff on the bed......at first i thought that was naruto!
damn....he sure got skinny

need translations..........

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
yeah translations are neccesary, chouji looks F'd up but he might just become a more cooler looking character when he's skinny

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Damn thats a hell of alot of writing just to heal one little hole in neji.

Ervin
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:34 PM
i think that shikamaru is cring out of happines, at the end he gets some good news and he is just happy....everyone else is looking happy so the tears must be happytears

lets go inane! plz hurry

Assertn
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:50 PM
he didnt look happy though when he was crying.....

he could be feeling like he failed his team, since they all were horribly defeated

Berserk Ayato
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Hopefully Chouji couldnt be saved and thats why he's crying.
But i think he's crying becuase he dosent know the condition of naruto.

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
See, Neji is invincible!
A bit disappointed that Chouji is alive, ah well, at least he grew.
Cool with the dog gathering around Kiba.

Shikamaru crying was also cool because he's not the guy you are expecting to do that.

Great chapter.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:29 PM
the preview title is:

Sakura Attends to NArutos Return~!!!
A broken Promise~!!!.

relevasius
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:35 PM
hi all, i've been lurking around these forums for quite some time but was never really motivated to join till now. aside from that, i'm happy to finally see some closure in this arc.

also i don't know much japanese, but i believe that when tsunade comes out of the operating room she says mou daijoubu da, which means that pretty much everything is going to be alright.

AlbinoFury
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:57 PM
wheres our winged dancer when we need her? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Trip
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Shikamaru was crying from the failure of the mission. At a guess i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

can't wait to see the translation.

RasenDori
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
man im i so glad nejis alive. im sorry i ever doubted it.

EDIT: by the way. neji has a way of making a near death state look coo;

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Great chapter, good to see Neji is alive, looks like chouji will need some more work though.

Can't wait for translation, great chapter.

Jman
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Glad to see everyone back @the village gettin some medical care. Chouji no gain back that weight in a matter of 2 chapters. yoosh Neji's back! I'm just glad sakura isn't there to ruin the moment with her "Sasuke kun!!!!!"

?igma
Wed, 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

he could be feeling like he failed his team, since they all were horribly defeated

DUDE!! didnt you notice ?? He just got hooked by a GIRL <--- i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif !! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (The one thing he hates about himself lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif) Good going Shika =)

ok and now I hope Inane is nice to me and translates it a bit SEXEHHH i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

edit: It seems daddy is somewhat upset about that event though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

editnr2 : I forgot the ch1x0r5 name, but she is one of the coolest in Naruto =)

JusDaMan
Wed, 10-13-2004, 03:10 PM
no lee and garra? O.o

Hotsuma
Wed, 10-13-2004, 03:46 PM
See. I told you all that Neji's still alive.

Gotta believe.

Knives122
Wed, 10-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Yep neji is the man( you cant kill him that easily) and did you see how big that seal square? was(not a question, just didnt know what to call it). To bad for VFT man not fighting oh well who cares, great chapter

PSJ
Wed, 10-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
See, Neji is invincible!
A bit disappointed that Chouji is alive, ah well, at least he grew.
Cool with the dog gathering around Kiba.

Shikamaru crying was also cool because he's not the guy you are expecting to do that.

Great chapter.

what the hell? disappointed that chouji survived? that just wrong man. he was awesome when he defeated jiroubou more chouji alot less neji that motherfucker could have just died. >i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif im tired of all chouji bashing. great chapter tho and i dont think shikamaru is crying out of happiness since they dont know what happened to naruto yet i guess he thinks he's dead or something.

Snarbald
Wed, 10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm not so sure Chouji survived. Tsunade looked like she had to give some bad news at the bottom of page 18. Of course we wont know for sure until we get a translation. Maybe she's just upset becasue Naruto isn't back yet or that after everything they didn't get Sasuke back.

Mut
Wed, 10-13-2004, 05:10 PM
whoever said that shika was crying out of happiness is on crack.

btw, where is winged dancer.

Assertn
Wed, 10-13-2004, 05:43 PM
lol....actually yeah.....that does sound even funnier after thinking about it......
i mean......its not like anything went RIGHT with that mission......

i think him crying over the death of chouji wouldve been best though....nothing against the guy, but to have someone die wouldve had a stronger impact, and i think chouji would be the candidate i'd least care to part with

Jman
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:01 PM
if chouji does die then he goes out with a newfound respect in my book. i got nothin against him but his dramatic fight would lose all meaning if he makes a miraculous recovery. konoha squad > the sound 4

Lenas
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Anyone else see all the markings around Neji's body and automatically think of a transmutation circle in FMA?

jing
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by: Lenas
Anyone else see all the markings around Neji's body and automatically think of a transmutation circle in FMA?

LOL yes, that was awesome!

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:11 PM
PSJ, I'm disappointed because I want people to DIE!
I don't like that everybody are invincible, it just feels so fake... and if Chouji died now it would kick ass because he went out with such a bang... a bang which will be forgotten if he recovers and go back to his fat snack abusing self.

ohpeekaboo
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:18 PM
eh, i doubt it's about chouji..

actual words:
tsunade: demo.. mina ikiteru. sore ga nani yori da
shika: tsugi koso wa... kanpeki ni konashite misemasu...!

uhh not sure what shika is saying.. but tsunade is saying: "but, everyone is alive." (is the next line: 'what's more than that' like, what could be more important than that? ehh that's a guess tho)

so yeah... doesn't seem like chouji is dead quite yet..

oscar
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:28 PM
WHAT HAPPEND TO ROCK LEE?
oh and what about the sounds four, it would be nice to see them captures and later used against orochimaru, hell, kimimaro alive and healed would kick ass, it would be better than a potentially great figter being killed , like what happened to haku.

Knives122
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:39 PM
sorry oscar but not going to happen, b/c all five of them got beat up by group of 13 yr olds(with the exception of kimi) so hopefully we'll never hear about them again

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Neji AND Chouji are still alive!!!

Tsunade said daijoubu (which, being the first word in Japanese i learned) means "will be ok."

Kiba, i'm glad to see he's ok, but i don't really care that much, considering he couldn't stop Sakon from attacking him.

Chouji still obliterated Jiroubo (or whatever) more than any of the 13 yr olds.

Why is Shika crying? I'd have to say he's either glad his friend's not dead, or that he failed not only his mission (bring back Sasuke) and everyone is seriously hurt, and he was leading them. It's tough being a leader, he was resonsible for all of their lives.

Masamune
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:00 PM
bah ppl should have died

Kenshiro
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:00 PM
From another forum

temari and shikamaru''s conversatio n goes a little like
temari: you scared?
shikamru walks away
shikamaru''s dad: why are you walking away from a woman
shikamaru: to troublesome i''m not in the mood
shikamaru''s dad: coward

tsunade: misson failed but everyone is ok
shikamaru crying: i''ll do a better job next time

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:03 PM
edit: kenshiro di what i should've done and copy and paste it from the other forum i posted it on, not my translations by the way

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:05 PM
lol hehehe same thing i posted on animesuki henshiroi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i was to lazy to copy and paste so i typed it out once again found it on another board

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
yeah translations are neccesary, chouji looks F'd up but he might just become a more cooler looking character when he's skinny

What Naruto have you been reading?

Chouji CAN'T be skinny.
Cause?
Remember the pills? They give him (and family, must be a family secret) tons of chakra at the expense of Calories. So... we can say safely without the chance of being wrong, that if someone skinny or not fat, like Shikamaru, Naruto, etc etc... would DIE from weight lose. (Also they give a great pressure to the body).

Aaaanyways... Inane or Winged Dancer.... need translation.

Porfavor Winged Dancer, conectate y traduce T.T

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:15 PM
so he can still become skinny, so what he''s going to gain all the fat back in one chapter that would be bullshit...i vote for a skinny chouji will make him way cooler then he's ever been

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
so he can still become skinny, so what he''s going to gain all the fat back in one chapter that would be bullshit...i vote for a skinny chouji will make him way cooler then he's ever been

Maybe he'll use a fat pill or something.

Man, you're asking for Chouji to not be a ninja anymore. The only techs he knows are his familys, and they requiere him to be fat!!

Meat tank no jutsu and Baika No Jutsu... they need a fat Chouji to be efective.
The pills are just a final choice.

EDIT:

Hotsuma's next post:

Indeed. And I thought the winner could be Ino, but seems Tenmari is on the lead.

Hotsuma
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Damn, I think Temari just reached number one contendor for Shikamaru's "ideal" woman in life.

Somebody who is neither ugly, or an absolute babe as well as nags a lot.

We have a winner!

Assertn
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
temari's more of a babe than 90% of the other female ninjas

it does seem lame for them all to survive, but i also wouldnt be surprised if the medical abilities of konoha become greatly strengthen under the command of tsunade. She was pushing some pretty radical ideas to the 3rd back when he was hokage, and now that she's the one in charge, there might very well be 1/4 of the konoha ninjas focused on medicine.

VertigO
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:32 PM
its times like this i wish i knew japanese

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Wow, Temari's lying the smackdown on Shikamaru just 'cause he's feeling all guilty and stuff about his best friend almost dieing, all of his comrades getting badly wounded and the mission failing!!
And his father - priceless!! That's just how you treat a son who's worrying about his friends. Yep. You call him a coward. How sweet.

But hey, Tsunade's figured out how to bring Chouji back from the pill's effect, and Shizune did something real weird with some hair and now Neji doesn't have a hole in the middle of his chest!! ME HAPPY. Neji is alive!! Wheeee!!!

And Akamaru is alive. Kiba's wound is not lethal at all, according to the Konoha medic squad, and Akamaru'll heal soon according to Kiba's sister, who's way too cool because she brought like nine dogs to the hospital with her.

Temari should shut up though... poor Shikamaru has so much brought upon him in such little time and yet she's bitching at him. Pfff.

What I wanna see, however, is Gaara. And Naruto.
But noooo, next chapter is named (so far) "The Broken Promise", so we'll most probably have Sakura angsting, Naruto angsting, and then maybe in two weeks things'll get interesting again!!

BUT, Akamaru is alive and Neji is alive.
Everything else in unimportant right now.
::Goes off to get a beer to celebrate Neji::

Edit: Well, I got mah beer and I read through the past post... I have a test tomorrow, but since I'm happy I'll try to do a quick translation for y'all. <phone operator>Wait please!</phone>
BTW, the new opening and ending theme songs make me go into my fangirl mode, so excuse any "TEH!!!11!OMFGKWELLL!!!one" I may splurt.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-13-2004, 11:12 PM
So, better late than never!

AS ALWAYS, HEED THE CAPS AND DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

Page 1

Shikamarus first squad mission. The battles in where cruelty reigned, the things that were left there...
(Or The ones that were left there)

Title: The Mission, Failed

Page 2

Side-letters: Naruto awakens on Kakashi's back. To accept the reality he finds there...

Naruto Nn...
...Kakashi-sensei,,,

Page 3

Naruto: ...where's Sasuke...?

Konoha medic: Kakashi-san!!

How's Uzumaki Naruto's condition?

Kakashi He's alright.

Page 4

Konoha Medic Sasuke... Where's Uchiha Sasuke?!

Konoha Medic 2 .......

Kakashi What's the condition of the other genin?

Konoha Medic 2 Yes!
The Hokage-sama's first and second orders were for the medical squad to depart, we were then to find the squad leader and go through various places to recover the team...
After performing emergency aid, we took them back.

(Not sure about that. Very hard, it was!)

Page 5

Kakashi And their conditions are?

Konoha Medic Yes!
Nara Shikamaru has a minor injury.
Inuzuka Kiba's wound is rather deep, but his life is not in danger.
Hyuuga Neji, Akimichi Chouji... the two of them are in severe danger.
At this moment, I don't have an estimation on them.

Naruto &
Everyone...

Page 6

Tsunade
There's quite some information on the pill's ingredients and effects...
Good, just like I expected.

Page 7

Tsunade
Bring me some more deer's horn!

Someone! Yes!

Kiba What do you think, sis...?

Page 8

Kiba's sister He wont be able to take a stroll for the time being.
It seems like his leg's muscles were cut.

Kiba Sis, you are a vet... can't you try to...-?

Kiba's sis It's fine. It'll take some time, but there's no risk to his life, so don't worry.

Above that, you, too!!

Kiba Ou-ou-ouch!!
Aaah... fine, I get it...

Page 9

Konoha medic It'll soon be three hours... I need to change places.

Konoha medic 2 Yes!

Page 10

Shizune We'll have to restore this boy's body using his hair.
Don't miscount the percentage of lost cells!!

(OK, confusing, difficult, not sure)

Konoha medics Yes!!

Page 11

Temari Guess you can't help feeling nervous.
The bluffing is just to accompany the mission...
Shouldn't you have to strengthen your mind, too?

Shikamaru .... (annoyed. Can't blame him).

Page 12

[p]Temari (I think)[/b] Practice and reality are different.
You have to understand whats going on at a mission... that's the way the shinobi's world is, you should be able to understand that.

Shikamaru You know... this was my first mission as a platoon commander...
With this, I understand...

I don't want to keep being a shinobi.

Temari .....
What, your suddenly felt fragile or something? Feh, what a sorry excuse of a man.

Page 13

Shikamaru This time, I wasn't able to do anything as a squad leader. I just trusted everyone.
I was too soft. I didn't have enough power... it was all my fault.

Temari ...are you afraid you'll get injured?

Shikamaru ...
SFX: Gets up, leaves.

Shikamaru's father Heeey, Shikamaru...
Since you are losing to a girl's speech, you running away...?

Shikamaru Bah, I'm no girl to sit through such a troublesome sermon...

Shikamaru's Father Ah, but you are no man either...
You are just a coward.
Even if you quit being a shinobi, the missions are gonna continue. Just someone else will do it.
Your comrades just'll go under a different leader. They'll just keep going out.
And there, you'll comrades could even die...

Page 15

Still Shika's father ...but if at that time you were the commander... maybe your friends wouldn't end that way...
So this time, take into consideration this experience and think about it...
Starting from this mission, you can begin to perfect yourself. (not sure here)

If you really think your friends are important, before thinking of running away try thinking about their melancholy first!
(Ack, not sure! Shimarau's dad talks weirdly!)

Page 16

Shikamaru's dad That's what true friends do! You coward!

SFX: Steps, door opens.

Page 17

Tsunade It's alright now!
Weve copied and reproduced the pi'ls components and stopped the invasion from within ...for the time being, he's safe, Shikamaru.

I used a Nara Family Medicine Preparation manual to do the remedy. Without that one book it woul've been trouble...!

It was all thanks to Higoro (Shika's dad) study...

Shikamaru's dad Why thanks...

Shizune TSUNADE-SAMA!!

Page 18

Shizune Hyuuga Neji... We have secured him beyond the safe-line!

Besides that, a report arrived...
At this moment, Hatake Kakashi and Uzumaki Naruto, due to orders, are arriving together.
Reports are not clear yet, but there are no threats to the life of any of them.

Tsunade So just two of them...

Page 19
Well Shikamaru, it seems that the mission was failed, mh?

But... Everyone is alive. And that counts above everything.

Shikamaru Next time... it'll be perfect, I'll show you...!

Side letters: Nothing was left behind. Tears of relief cover his cheeks. Above anyone else, the feelings for his friends... for this reason, a man grows stronger!

No. 235 -- Owari.
Next time, "The Broken Promise"!!

And now I'll go to sleep, and wish me luck on my exams since I actually stopped studying to do this =P

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Arigatou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suerte en el examen i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

(Higoro? I thought his name was Shikato)

RasenDori
Wed, 10-13-2004, 11:26 PM
good luck dancer, thanx, and goodnight

Cion
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks Dancer and good luck on your test.

Eurasian
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:04 AM
thanks winged dancer!!

i think using neji's hair to heal that wound was pretty interesting. neji is alive---!

Knives122
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:51 AM
hell yeah it was really ingenious, using hair to heal nejis wounds(hair is made up of dead cells, so tsunade just brought them back to life and transfered them to the holes in Nejis body) i dont really care about chouji, live or die he wont affect the overall story IMO

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:58 AM
freakin sweet translation there, thanks

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 10-14-2004, 01:38 AM
CHouji and Neji are still alive. Hell freaking yeah. Although it would have been interesting if they hadn't... I had started to really like them with this arc. It'd be a shame to see an already emotionally powerful character like Neji, who was also becoming likable, and Chouji, who had finally gotten some damn good development, die before their time.

And next chapter will begin a new purpose for Naruto. His promise isn't broken, just unfufilled. He DID say it was the promise of a lifetime after all.

Himura_san
Thu, 10-14-2004, 02:42 AM
Is there a mirror site? that server no longer accepts requests!i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

update: nevermind!

kAi
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:14 AM
i liked this chapter very much alot of development and talking...cant wait till next week either. to see sakura's reaction.
all of them live...i didnt think this was going to happen i thought chouji would have died.

THNX Winged Dancer for taking time from your studies to translate...and good luck!!!

Ninja
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Thank you Winged Dancer and good luck in your exam.

looks like next chapter would be about Sakura and Naruto

Konohamaru
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:20 AM
*chants* NEJI NEJI NEJI NEJI NEJI NEJI!!!!!!!!!!
*chants more* CHOJI CHOJI CHOJI CHOJI CHOJI!!!!!!!!

Yey, they're alive, I've always liked them both but more Neji cos he's cool like that. Plus he my fave character so yea, lol. This could mean Choji being slim now he could stay that way cos he feels better like that nad may possible still have the strength of the pills still in him when he's finally healed up. Also using Neji's hair to heal him might lead to Neji having a new hair cut, EEP!

Anyway, can't wait to see the rest!

?igma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:27 AM
you , need to relax ..for real..

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
You're all welcome, everyone.... I can't wait for next week either. I wonder, will Sakura be all bitchy? Or maybe she'll be understanding and remind Naruto that it was the promise of a life-time and therefore he still has to full-fill it?

I think it'll be the second one, since that's definitely flashback material. Whenever Naruto is at risk of dieing, he'll suddenly think of Sakura saying "So Naruto, you can't die before you bring him back!" and wont die =P

Mmmmmmh, and it might just be me, but I'd like to see Hinata visiting Neji at the hospital. You know, just to see if his attitude towards her has changed. A little.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Im just glad that we got to see the other konoha genin and im glad that nobody is dead cause they grew in the last mission and it would be waste to kill them off.

Fox Fire
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Choji finally got that lyposuction he needed, otherwise this was a pretty good chapter and great quality for a raw.

PSJ
Thu, 10-14-2004, 09:29 AM
PSJ, I'm disappointed because I want people to DIE!
I don't like that everybody are invincible, it just feels so fake... and if Chouji died now it would kick ass because he went out with such a bang... a bang which will be forgotten if he recovers and go back to his fat snack abusing self.

yea but to that its not fair to say that neji should survive he was worse of than chouji a fuckin huge hole through his upper chest/shoulder. bleeding to death from that isnt all that hard and doesnt take all that much time so unless the medic nins were there right after he got peirced he should be dead. what i meant to say was if chouji dies neji should to.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Neji and Chouji are still both REALLY messed up. It could take them a long time to recover still. Neji was more or less dead until the whole hair thing, and Chouji will be ok, but is still going to need a lot of time to recover. Maybe not so long under Tsunade and Shizune's care, look at Lee (where is he anyway?).

It's pretty safe to say that if Tsunade and Shizune weren't here before this started, many more of the genins would be thoroughly dead.

Even if it's a bit early to predict the next chapter, it's gonna be Sakura crying about how Naruto couldn't bring back her precious "SASUKE-KUN!!!" I expect that little line about 2 times a panel in 236. Maybe she'll decide to not become useless, so maybe she could have gone with the group...

(Still hoping Sakura doesn't become a useless character only good for crying/making Naruto angry at Sasuke for making Sakura cry. Hope is draining pretty fast....)

onlyelliot
Thu, 10-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Lee is training of course

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:44 AM
If we know lee right is training hard to recover to his best so he doesnt someone like Gaara take his place anymore.

Elessar
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Sakura: You didn't bring me my Sasuke!
Naruto: Be happy that we didn't kill each other, stupid bitch!

Oh how I would love that....

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-14-2004, 12:28 PM
lol that would be great she needs to pull out that inner sakura so she gets a little useful for once

Assertn
Thu, 10-14-2004, 01:11 PM
im sure tsunade made lee go back to bed...since he was supposed to resting today after that surgery

?igma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 01:20 PM
ehm wasnt lee fighting the boney dude AFTER his surgery ..or did I miss something :?

Hotsuma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Yeah, he miraculously healed instantly after the surgery and caught up to Naruto. Then fought Kimimaro.

JusDaMan
Thu, 10-14-2004, 02:47 PM
chances r that "miracle heal" lee used was the heal gate... even though that is bad for him in the long run, he needed that. ahahaha well forget about the past

WHERES Puppet master and lee and garra (if kiba came back chances r puppet guy came wif him)

Elessar
Thu, 10-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Gaara doesn't have to appear before Naruto arrives, plotwise useless. Gaara is connected to Naruto, not the others. Kankuro doesn't serve a specific purpose right now either.
That's why we only see Temari, we needed a girl to bitch at Shikamaru. And I agree with Hotsuma, we have a winner i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

?igma
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I thought I said that ._.

Originally posted by: ?igma

DUDE!! didnt you notice ?? He just got hooked by a GIRL <--- !! (The one thing he hates about himself lol ) Good going Shika =)

ok and now I hope Inane is nice to me and translates it a bit SEXEHHH

edit: It seems daddy is somewhat upset about that event though

editnr2 : I forgot the ch1x0r5 name, but she is one of the coolest in Naruto =)

SEE!!!!

hornetmike
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Man what a great chapter. what a great thing to come home and see after mid-terms. I gotta say winged dancer is awesome. thanx for the translations. Also what great chap. Chouji and neji are alive. Also , it seems shikas failure has actually gotten him to wanna work hard.

He was great when he was barely trying. i wonder how great it'll be when he actually puts some hard work into his training. Neji of course is totally bad ass. But i can't wait for next weeks chapter. can't wait for naruto to come back and tell sakura that he didn't keep his promise. that is his ninja way afterall. i wonder if she'll be mad an hate his ass. that would be funny. then again i guess i better get ready to see plenty of tears and cries of sasuke-kun.

I also have to agree with evryone else about temari. She also looked interested in him also. maybe we got something going here

Though i wonder how they would work being from other ninja villages and all. unless one of the wants to commit treason by abandoning their countryi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I have the feeling Sakura wont be so bitchy about this... maybe Naruto will be the angsty one, all "I failed you", blah blah blah, and Sakura will tell him that it's alright, only he must fulfill the promise sometime soon.
And maybe Gaara will stop by as well. I so wish that.

Also, you think Kakashi suspects anything about the Kyuubi and what not? Will he tell anything to Tsunade or Jiraiya?

Lefty
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:20 PM
He might have his supisions but tsunade will know right away when she sees that damage made by the over flow of chakra through naruto's body. He'll be out of it for a while even with the kyubi's healing power.

Alu
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:41 PM
I am surprised at the amount of people who will hate Sasuke and Sakura through every possible event.

Sakuras character hasnt had a chance to progress since the chuunin exam. This is a great chance for her to progress now that Sasuke has gone.
Im looking forward to the next chapter.

Oh and yea, I like all three characters.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Au contrarie, I ended liking Sasuke more than I did before.
Before he and Naruto's fight, it was just "Sasuke? Who, the moron in the bucket you say? Feh, let him stay there, he wont be missed anyway."

Now I kind of have more respect from him.... you know, with all the "I will not be your puppet!!" thing. Yep, I like him better now.

jing
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
i hope u did good on your exam wingdancer, and thanks for translating it!.

yeah i think i have abit more respect for sasuke now, that hes not some follower.

The Troublesome One
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Whatever happened to Rock Lee's months of rehabilitation after the surgery?

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Indeed thank you for the translation mrs Terrac... ehm I mean, miss Winged Dancer.

I will have to agree with you, I have more respect for Sasuke.
Then again I'm part of the minority that never really hated him...

ilabb
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:48 PM
So wait... if they used Neji's hair to patch up those holes, does that mean he doesn't have long hair anymore? AND CHOUJI ISN'T FAT ANYMORE?!

...wow

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I know. At some other forums, every girl's reaction was something like "Neji is alive, that's so kewl!!! And he'll get a NEW HAIRCUT!!!!11 OMGZ I WONDER HOWHELLLOOOOK!!1!!one".

...I have to admit that I'm curious about that, though!! Maybe he'll get a Rock Lee-style haircut!! And then we can call Gai's team Team Bowl-cut!! And Neji would look ridiculous, too.

On Rock Lee's rehab... er, it starts now? I get the feeling we'll see Gai talking about youth and power and how one makes foolish things when one's young and... stuff.

@Terracosmo - Dun worry honey, I don't mind changing my single name =P
^^

Jman
Thu, 10-14-2004, 10:31 PM
omg winged dancer. i can imagine neji with that type of cut. all he needs is the thick eyebrows. Team Gai yooosh i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
thanks for the translations btw

Raven
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes, many thanks WD. It's nice to get some closure on all the gennin now. It's interesting to see a Sand-nin just sitting calmly in a Leaf building, even if they are allies now.

Oh and just for the record, I've never hated Sasuke, ever.

Mut
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:12 PM
i don't know why so many people hated sasuke. he was always a badass. he did complain, but who hasn't?

i can see everyone jumping on the sasuke is cool bandwagon now.

Jman
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
It's interesting to see a Sand-nin just sitting calmly in a Leaf building, even if they are allies now.

Speaking of sand. Whatever happened to Baki?!? Can't remember if he was seen anytime after the day of the invasion. Wonder if he'd ever show his face in konoha again.

and where the hell is anko?

jing
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:29 PM
why would neji need a new haircut?
didnt they cut abit off and tied it with a string to show that they will be using that piece of hair to heal him?

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Why I hated Sasuke?
Well, it wasn't that much "hate", I just disliked him quite a lot, heh.

At first, he was just too stereotypical... Ooooh, angsty past! His family was killed! He was betrayed by his brother and can't get over it!! Boo-hoo. It was just something I had seen way too much, so I didn't care for him.
Then, he was too snub, always rubbing in the fact that he was oh so superior than everyone else... bleh.

Now that we finally see the entire problem with Itachi ("You must kill your closest friend") and now that he realized that he was getting nowhere by actually imitating his big bro and decided to do things his own way I've started to like him quite some more.

So there! I know it might become a general feeling, but I don't care =P

oscar
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:21 AM
i dont think there are manysasuke haters, not like there was an association of sasuke-muthafuckin-gay haters, that meets at an undisclosed place, no i just think he sucks, plain an simple, and i think this was too predictable, but i think the next arc should be after a time jump, after akatsuki abducts naruto and trains him.

Alu
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Well I was refering more to Sakura than Sasuke. I just tried to equal. I am on the Sakura is cool bandwagon, when she finally shines and people try to join, I am burning it down i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

To be more ontopic I think Chouji should have died, but since he didnt, kishimoto must have some purpose.

ohpeekaboo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by: Alu
Well I was refering more to Sakura than Sasuke. I just tried to equal. I am on the Sakura is cool bandwagon, when she finally shines and people try to join, I am burning it down .

To be more ontopic I think Chouji should have died, but since he didnt, kishimoto must have some purpose.

uhh... kishimoto isn't god dude..

just cause a character lived doesn't mean they necessarily have some role to play.. naruto is pretty light on the main character deaths.. not to mention as much as ppl think the arc would be enhanced by chouji dying.. it would also give kishimoto a lot of reason to have shikamaru quit being a shinobi... just a poor direction in general for kids who are supposed to be growing/developing...

kaigan
Fri, 10-15-2004, 01:08 AM
sasuke is a prick. he was never badass and probably not in the future either.

Raven
Fri, 10-15-2004, 01:43 AM
He definitely has had badass moments through the series, especially from the beginning to the end of the Zabuza arc. When he took out the demon brothers, and when he went toe-to-toe with Haku for ages, took out the water clones...

All those moments have been great. So many times during the chuunin exam, I could go on.

Mut
Fri, 10-15-2004, 01:52 AM
recently: he kicked naruto's ass.

that was the most badass thing he's done so far, i think.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Sasuke didn't need badass moments; I found his history to be probably the most compelling backstory in all of Naruto. I also enjoy his development as the Anti-Naruto from the very start, as both a friend and a rival. If Kishimoto plays his cards right, he may make Sasuke the most developed villian character in all Shonen. And that would be freaking sweet.

basey44
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:42 AM
yea but im sure he wouldnt be a villian for too long either he'd come good again and return to sort of normal life, or he'd turn good again and apologise to naruto as he dies

Stoopider
Fri, 10-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
yea but im sure he wouldnt be a villian for too long either he'd come good again and return to sort of normal life, or he'd turn good again and apologise to naruto as he dies

Nah... Sasuke's a villian. A badass. Accept the fact.
-------------------------------------------------

Well.. Good in a way all survived. Each member would greatly strenghten the Leafs.

oh yeah. Thanks Wing Dancer for the translation. You've made my day. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kumiriko
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Sasuka is just a bit too whiney for me. Oh I have to be the strongest. No one eles can Compare. OMGWTF My Whole world Crumble Noooooooo! If he wasnt so Annoying like that*sigh*

SilentSnake
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:25 AM
I don't mind sakura get all bitchy... actually, I hope she does get bitchy and get killed by annoyed ppl... yeah... and some new jutsus tested on her would be good too !! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif that would be the best chapter EVA i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

as for sasuke, i liked him, i like him now and i will most likely still like him, it's great character, he's got his own purpose and even if he's bitching all the time about itachi and his past - he has his right too, I don't blame him and he couldn't kill naruto afterall (well, it was obvious that he won't, but he didn't because he changed his mind when he really could kill him, it shows that after all it was a huge amount of determination for him to do chidori on him etc. but after all he sacrificed mangekyuo sharingan cuz he couldn't really kill him).

yeah, i'm a bit confused on what i wrote so i'll stop now i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by: Alu
I am on the Sakura is cool bandwagon, when she finally shines and people try to join, I am burning it down .

Ooooh, I'll get the torches and pitforks!!

And on Sasuke - he's no badass... there's a difference between being good at what he does and being a badass. Sasuke is good at what he does, and he has lots of cool moments in the series, but I like him better when he shows his more human/normal side.

For instance - when Orochimaru has him all scared and he manages to break through the fear by stabbing himself? I like him there. And when he's almost pissing his pants but he recovers, I like him there too.

But whenever he does something cool (and that is pretty often, I have to admit) and is a complete jerk about it, its a little bit hard to like him. He lost some degree of jerkness after his fight with Naruto, so I started to like him more.

BTW, he looked so downright stupid in that Lvl.2 seal, I have trouble calling that fight "badass".

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
how dare you insult super saiyan 3 sasuke duck mode!

Souryusen
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:24 AM
I've never liked Sasuke but I wont say he ain't badass. He's like Lee for me. I don't particularly like either character but I find them both incredibly entertaining to watch in action.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Hahahahaha, someone should do a mock chapter like the ones Inane used to do before, but with chapter 232 or 233, so that we can make fun of Sasuke's look and Naruto's weird fox-frog armor....

Strider
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Winged Dancer - Many, many thanks on the translation of the RAW. I downloaded it, and simply seeing most of the Genin got me very excited. However, it only made me extremely impatient for a scanlation to see what was going on with Neji.

In any manner, the chapter was great - even before I knew what was being said. After those aforementioned blanks were filled in, it made the chapter that much more better. Man, I am so glad Neji is okay. When I went to that page, and saw the massive medical seal, with Neji at the epicenter, I nearly wet myself.

Seeing Chouji alive was nice, too. His battle against Jirobou earned him a lot of points, and placed him in the hearts of a lot of readers (I think), especially since his reasons for battling were the farthest thing from selfish. He was fighting for his best friend. That alone was fueling him to continue, even beyond the consequences of those sacred (and secret) red, blue and yellow pills. Those were the colors, right? Can't recall. But, while Chouji dying would have held more impact for the story arc as a whole .. it's nice that he didn't. I'm still looking forward to seeing a perfected or modified Ino-Shika-Cho formation now that Shikamaru is that much more better, and Chouji's improving.

Quickly hitting the off-topic topic from recent posts .. Sasuke's not bad-ass. He's skilled, but as someone said earlier .. his attitude takes away from him. He's had some great moments - the apex of those being (in my opinion, of course) .. his battle with Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. The way his Sharingan was being honed during the battle .. "I can see .. I can see!" - That was a great moment, which even had me out of me seat, and I was disliking him greatly at that time. However, with Sasuke coming to the realization of not ever becoming Itachi's puppet (which he was doing ..) .. I've allowed a bit of my discontent for the character to diminish.

Me thinks I ranted enough. So, until Neji dons a green skin-tight bodysuit and allows his eyebrows to grow out in respect to Gai-sensei .. make mine Naruto!

Ninja vanish!

Hotsuma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
Sasuka is just a bit too whiney for me. Oh I have to be the strongest. No one eles can Compare. OMGWTF My Whole world Crumble Noooooooo! If he wasnt so Annoying like that*sigh*

That's no different than Naruto "I wanna be Hokage, so everybody can see just how awesome I am! I'm the future Hokage!" It's funny as a joke, but just annoying when he starts preaching it seriously.

And damn, I think that "time jump" is coming around. Sasuke will probably go about and get strength his own way, while Naruto does the same. A few months, if not years will pass, and they'll meet again. Hopefully, they'll still be kids. If they grow up, the series will lose a lot of appeal.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma

Originally posted by: Kumiriko

That's no different than Naruto "I wanna be Hokage, so everybody can see just how awesome I am! I'm the future Hokage!" It's funny as a joke, but just annoying when he starts preaching it seriously.

And damn, I think that "time jump" is coming around. Sasuke will probably go about and get strength his own way, while Naruto does the same. A few months, if not years will pass, and they'll meet again. Hopefully, they'll still be kids. If they grow up, the series will lose a lot of appeal.

You are right on that, but Naruto is amiable with the rest of the cast and once he actually gets stronger (around the Tsunade story-arc, I think) he doesn't rub it in everybody's face... he's the same moron he was at the beggining =P And I don't know why, but people tend to prefer stupid but funny/likeable characters to the ones that behave like jerks most of the time.

On the time jump - I'd actually like to see them all grown up and what not, just out of curiosity, but I agree with you - if there's a time jump, it will only be some months, maybe a year, not more. Orochimaru could still try to get Sasuke's body, which can't happen, and the Akatsuki could kidnap Naruto and use him for their experiments... which could happen, but later on.

onlyelliot
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Anyone else disapointed we didnt get to see more of the "Venus Fly Trap Badass" guy?

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Nope.

chet_chetty
Fri, 10-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
And I don't know why, but people tend to prefer stupid but funny/likeable characters to the ones that behave like jerks most of the time.

cuz when funny characters get serious, you know they mean business. and that's badass.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Agree!! Not only that, but when funny characters get dramatic, its more dramatic.
Unless you are watching Fushigi Yuugi, where everything is stupid.

And nope, I didn't miss the Fly-trap guy at all. C'mon, it was damned obvious we wouldn't see him so soon!! The arc just ended, it needs at least a few chapter to wrap up and tie its loose ends...

'Sides, Neji was way more important.

?igma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Neji sucks donkey balls and can suffer horrible pains on my account.

Knives122
Fri, 10-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Mind giving us your description of why and how Neji sucks so much to you, this might be interesting to hear

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, to say that someone "sucks donkey balls" isn't exactly the most fulfilling comment you could do.

PSJ
Fri, 10-15-2004, 07:52 PM
i kind of agree with igma tho i wouldnt say it exactly like that. neji is just annoying like all other hyuugas. they just are there are no explaining it.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:11 PM
inane's version is out

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:17 PM
really? I can just find a textual translation

Souryusen
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:18 PM
really? I can just find a textual translation

You can get it from #mangareaders@irc.irchighway.net

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-15-2004, 08:37 PM
man, this just stinks...
they all fought one on one battles with the sound elite unit, and still no casualties?

and the healing scenes were just horrible (exculding neji's of course, he rocks as usual, even with shorter hair)... i mean, common! tsunade mircally found an antidote to something which isn't even poison? and the super kiba family vet came and said 'it's ok, he's not dead, he just got hit by someone with increadble strentgh, but he only broke a leg'...

somone should have died. period.
i don't care wheather it's chouji, Kiba or Sasuke, just kill one of them...

i can't accept the fact that they're alive while the sound 4 aren't, at least one of the sound should have survived (and be killed by Sasuke later on) if kishimoto wanted this arc to have any meanning...

on the other side, Neji's appearence was great, with a healing jutsu that cool, he could even regenrate a head, if needed...

Shikamaru's crying scene could have been touching if someone would have really died over there, not just 'they're injured, but they'll be ready to go on your next mission' state... Temari was cool as usual. Gaara and Lee are missed.

now, to bandwagon people i hate.
Sasuke: never really liked him, his badassness in the beginning was too forced to be cool (it was like Ryoma frm PoT in the first episodes), after that, he had a nice moment when he broke Zaku's arms, but soon he returned to his forced badassness state, which sucked as usual. the only time i really liked him was at the hospital fight and when he talked to sakura, when he acted like a normal human...

Sakura: can't stand her, though she isn't as annoying as most people say she is, it's just that she never does anything not sasuke-related, so she's basically a trigerring charecter.

Benjamin, the guy who waited for inane and never has anything good to say.

PossiblE
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:24 PM
at least one of the sound should have survived (and be killed by Sasuke later on) if kishimoto wanted this arc to have any meanning...
The main point of this arc was Sasuke leaving Konoha.

Hotsuma
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Damn, Temari is so hot, the way she crosses her legs like that.

CapsuleCorpJX
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
From what I've gathered, I don't think anyone really took Naruto seriously about his boast.
I dislike Sasuke because he always seem to look down on Naruto, like a snob.
Sasuke also did the worst thing a Ninja can do, he betrayed his friends and his village.

But I do think Sasuke is great for the story. He's that type of character, who has devoted his entire being to one mission, which is revenge.

CapsuleCorpJX
Fri, 10-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Shikamaru wasn't crying because his teammates were injured, he was crying out of happiness.

I agree with you, someone should have died. To me, either Kiba or Chouji.

But at least Sasuke didn't come back and happily rejoined the Village as if nothing happened.

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
man, this just stinks...
they all fought one on one battles with the sound elite unit, and still no casualties?

and the healing scenes were just horrible (exculding neji's of course, he rocks as usual, even with shorter hair)... i mean, common! tsunade mircally found an antidote to something which isn't even poison? and the super kiba family vet came and said 'it's ok, he's not dead, he just got hit by someone with increadble strentgh, but he only broke a leg'...

somone should have died. period.
i don't care wheather it's chouji, Kiba or Sasuke, just kill one of them...

i can't accept the fact that they're alive while the sound 4 aren't, at least one of the sound should have survived (and be killed by Sasuke later on) if kishimoto wanted this arc to have any meanning...

on the other side, Neji's appearence was great, with a healing jutsu that cool, he could even regenrate a head, if needed...

Shikamaru's crying scene could have been touching if someone would have really died over there, not just 'they're injured, but they'll be ready to go on your next mission' state... Temari was cool as usual. Gaara and Lee are missed.

now, to bandwagon people i hate.
Sasuke: never really liked him, his badassness in the beginning was too forced to be cool (it was like Ryoma frm PoT in the first episodes), after that, he had a nice moment when he broke Zaku's arms, but soon he returned to his forced badassness state, which sucked as usual. the only time i really liked him was at the hospital fight and when he talked to sakura, when he acted like a normal human...

Sakura: can't stand her, though she isn't as annoying as most people say she is, it's just that she never does anything not sasuke-related, so she's basically a trigerring charecter.

Benjamin, the guy who waited for inane and never has anything good to say.

?igma
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Mind giving us your description of why and how Neji sucks so much to you, this might be interesting to hear

In all anime, people that constantly talk about fate crap are usually _DEAD_ within my tolerance border and that feels good. People talking about fate are SUPPOSED to die!!! Neji should be a VERY DEAD corpse by now, but this is Naruto, so he ISNT >< That just eats me up.

And then there is still the thing of having absolutely no emotion whatsoever. (in appearance that is)

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Neji pissed me off with his fate crap... at the start. After his fight with Naruto, though, he's been earning alot of respect in my eyes. Partly because Naruto DID open his eyes to him that he's fighting against fate just as hard as anyone else. Maybe that's one of the many reasons Naruto/Neji is one of my favorite fights in all of the series. In any case, he has been getting better. MUCH better. And that's why I'm happy he's alive.

Himura_san
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Chouji should have died!!! This was BS!! What was the whole butterfly symbolism then?!? Is this Kishimoto's version of "ha ha fooled you!". I am disappointed a bit, I mean if the pill is forbidden and will result in death then why would they allow him to live??
Oh well on to the new arc! heave-ho!!

PSJ
Sat, 10-16-2004, 05:53 AM
i still dont get ppl that say chouji should be dead bla bla bla. neji was worse of with a fuckin hole through his upper chest and shoulder he should have bleed to death. i dont care if all of them lives its fine by me. but dont say crap like oh chouji should have died but neji shouldnt just because i like him more.

Raven
Sat, 10-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Well, one of the side effects of the pill is that if you use it, YOU WILL DIE. No ifs and buts about it. But meh, I don't really care if he lives either way, so no complaints here. I wonder how long it'll take for him to put all the weight back on.

hopeknight
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I wonder how long it'll take for him to put all the weight back on.

I'd say about 2 days, it is Chouji afterall.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:13 AM
i hope that new akatsuki guy makes an appearence and slaugthers a few leaves that way we have atleast something happening someone should''ve died oh well

kAi
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:29 AM
yeah tat would be cool. at least to get an idea of how this guy attacks and get to know some techniques, and also to find out an estimate of how strong he is.

PSJ
Sat, 10-16-2004, 06:58 AM
yea that would be kickass. but its nice with a few chapters to slow down the pace a little to.

kazh
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:35 AM
hey guys 235 has been translated...but i dont know who, well anyweis just check it. i read mine in naruto groups of MSN, i didnt check narutofan or naruto chuusin yet. my only comment about 235 is:

I CANT WAIT THE PERFECT MISSION THAT SHIKA PROMISED!!! ^_^

kazh
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:44 AM
well downloaded inane's version...it turns out to be flawless. ^_^

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, one of the side effects of the pill is that if you use it, YOU WILL DIE. No ifs and buts about it. But meh, I don't really care if he lives either way, so no complaints here. I wonder how long it'll take for him to put all the weight back on.

I guessing from this chapter and what Tsunade said is that the pill converts all of your calories into chakra (we knew that from the fight half a year ago). But this chapter seems to suggest that the reason you die is because it never stops doing that. I got the impression it was still eating away at Chouji like a poison, which is why Tsunade used the Nara family book of mixtures and whatnot. So, if not for Tsunade's expertise and Shika's dad, Chouji would have died. Clearly Neji would have died too if not for constant work of like 5 people including Shizune.

Moving on,
The reason no one died? THIS IS NARUTO!!! It's written for 12 year old boys, and like many epics, its supposed to teach some overall theme or lesson, which we've all discussed in some chapter or another. Ever notice Naruto never kills ANYONE? Naruto is the person you're supposed to emulate, because he is generally a good person.

We're not gonna see the plant guy for a LONG time, get over it. He's meant to foreshadow some distant arc involving Akatsuki and Naruto. For the past year, we've been reading this pretty serious arc, Naruto is gonna need some time off to do some filler arcs to balance it out. If they don't do that, Naruto will seriously just be another DBZ (and who really wants that?).

For all the people that think Chouji and Neji should have died...maybe they should have, but they didn't, so drop it. You want to see killings nearly as random as they get, read Elfen Lied.

Konohamaru
Sat, 10-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Sasuke is doing the opposite of what Vegeta from DBZ is doing. Going from bad to good. I think Sasuke is going good to bad. Their personalities are almost alike too. Infact the relationship between him and Naruto is similar to Goku and Vegeta (sorry for this comparison). Like no matter how hard Sasuke trains etc, Naruto will still top him some how. Also I used to like Sasuke only for his bad ass fights but as a person, I don't like him. Infact the other reason I really liked Sasuke was before he got a cool echo voice effect when he does the "Katon, Goukyuu no jutsu" technique, lol. It's so cool. Specially the fight he did with Temari in the forest. Other than that, he's just too boring to watch.

Neji on the other hand, even tho he had a somewhat interesting background and story, I still think he's a better character than Sasuke cos he's quiet, strong minded, smart and I like those features in characters. His fights are a tad slow to watch but thats because he doesn't rely on speed so much, he has defensive qualities and is a strong close taijutsu fighter. Of course the 64 hakke thing is hella cool too. But on the whole I like Neji more than Sasuke. I pray for the day that these two will fight someday, it'll be cool.

jing
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru
Sasuke is doing the opposite of what Vegeta from DBZ is doing. Going from bad to good. I think Sasuke is going good to bad. Their personalities are almost alike too. Infact the relationship between him and Naruto is similar to Goku and Vegeta (sorry for this comparison). Like no matter how hard Sasuke trains etc, Naruto will still top him some how. Also I used to like Sasuke only for his bad ass fights but as a person, I don't like him. Infact the other reason I really liked Sasuke was before he got a cool echo voice effect when he does the "Katon, Goukyuu no jutsu" technique, lol. It's so cool. Specially the fight he did with Temari in the forest. Other than that, he's just too boring to watch.

Neji on the other hand, even tho he had a somewhat interesting background and story, I still think he's a better character than Sasuke cos he's quiet, strong minded, smart and I like those features in characters. His fights are a tad slow to watch but thats because he doesn't rely on speed so much, he has defensive qualities and is a strong close taijutsu fighter. Of course the 64 hakke thing is hella cool too. But on the whole I like Neji more than Sasuke. I pray for the day that these two will fight someday, it'll be cool.

Neji's fights are not tad slow to watch at all. You must hate it when Shikamaru fights.

Assertn
Sat, 10-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
Shikamaru wasn't crying because his teammates were injured, he was crying out of happiness.

wtf......
cant you tell when someone is crying out of happiness or because they are upset?

clearly, shikamaru isnt happy with the way the mission ended. He didnt want his friends' lives to be in danger and still fail their objective.

he's upset about the decisions he made, and thats why he says "Next time definitely I'll show that i can do it flawlessly"

Edort4
Sat, 10-16-2004, 01:21 PM
As usual i didnt like how the chapter ends and how all the leafs are out of danger and can recover in a few weeks. This chapter, like all the manga with the "good" characters, its TOO soft i know that its for 12 years japanesses but theres no emotion if u dont have any loses.

Too bad that having this great chance to make a drama all went again to the way of fairy tales and pink coloroured worlds.

See ya.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:22 PM
What I expect is...

Well, lets put it this way. Remember after the Haku/Zabuza storyarc?
It was all dramatic, "We are only tools" and what not, Haku dies, everybody is BOO-HOO all the time.

Then, back to Konoha and weeding some fat woman's garden!! And every body is more stupid than ever, LOLZ!!!1
It was just so anticlimatic.

I hope nothing like that happens. No happy-happy filler missions, it'd suck. We need one or two more wrap-up chapters and then jump immediately to the new arc, with nothing in between or the dramatic effect that Sasuke's absence will cause will just vanish.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I agree that filler chapters right after this would undermine the effect this last arc had on the characters and otherwise world of Naruto. But, on that same token, jumping right into an Akatsuki arc would make that arc have less of an effect. This series needs some stupid filler arcs to balance out the serious parts, or eventually, they won't seem so touching, like this one is. They'll just end up formulaic and, boring. If that happens, Naruto will have lost most of the appeal it had when I started watching/reading it.

I hate to have to keep using this comparison in a negative way but, I already saw DBZ once.

EDIT: the idiot, me, called chapters eps again...

Mut@t@'s right, so maybe I should call them "light-hearted portions of the story"

Mut
Sat, 10-16-2004, 02:59 PM
1. there are no eps in manga. only chapters.
2. there are no fillers in manga as it is the original story line.
3. where the hell is itachi?

Winged Dancer
Sat, 10-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Mmmh, I think Itachi may not appear in the story for a while... he's the most important member of the Akatsuki, of course, but there are nine of them to talk about, and it seems the one we'll see the sooner is plant-guy.

And I agree that Naruto, given the kind of manga it is, needs to have some light-hearted chapters, but that can be done in various ways - for instance, when Jiraiya took Naruto to find Tsunade, there were various chapters completely dedicated to learning the Rasengan even before they even found Tsunade. Those were pretty light-hearted (specially if you don't count Itachi's appareance there) but not stupid. They relaxed the tension and the plot but didn't make it annoying.

So I'm kinda hoping the next arc will start like that too - some kind of traning or a mission that starts light-hearted enough and then transforms into something serious.
But I still say "ligh-hearted, not "ooh I'll cut these weeds faster than Sasuke!!" stupid.

kAi
Sat, 10-16-2004, 09:15 PM
well there are still things that need to be sorted out.
naruto and sakura - which seems to be done next episode.
teams - whats going on with teams.
orochimaru and sasuke - what happens here.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 10-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Nah I beg to differ. I think that the beginning of the most recent ark in the manga wasn't very light hearted. It starts off with the Naruto and Sasuke fight forcing sasuke into having a huge inferiority complex by getting his ass whopped by his brother and seeing naruto in action against Garra. I just goes down hill from there with Sasuke getting whooped by the four sound nins. Then thats followed by the very emotional plee from sakura telling Sasuke to stay. It was pretty dramatic and I liked it. New opening suited the tone of the next arc very well.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 10-16-2004, 10:08 PM
...you are right LobsterMagnet. I hadn't thought of it - I was clearly thinking of eh, Jiraiya, I guess (it's not my fault he's so cool, you see), and didn't think of this arc's beggining... lets also say that the last one didn't have that much of a wrap up (the wrap up was te beggining of the new one) while this one does, so who knows what to expect...?

Raven
Sat, 10-16-2004, 11:09 PM
My biggest concern is that Akatsuki has so many as-of-yet unintroduced members - and if they are to have any impact on the story then they will all need a relatively good level of character development otherwise they'll just seem like nobodies.

How long is this going to take? They can't all appear together simultaneously because there would be too much for the reader to comprehend at once, especially if they're all supposed to be fairly strong. Alternatively, if we meet two of them at a time then I'd imagine it'd have the effect of "oh wow, here comes another Akatsuki pair. Ho hum." Either way I think it will have a slightly negative effect no matter how it's done.

I guess the overall length of this manga will probably be that of One Piece or longer. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Elessar
Sun, 10-17-2004, 12:50 AM
As far as we know, they are distributed throughout the country, so many of them appearing shouldn't happen.
Irtachi and Kisame (?) have left for "that place" and we now have an replacement team to deal with. After that, most likely some new intelligence reports will have arrived to full us in about the other members. There won't be much development for them, as they aren't major villains. Introduction with a brief background check and finished.
But over the time these short briefings will develop the "character" Akatsuki for us - the major villain that gets "screentime" (pagetime? space? dunno) and development. But I am quite sure that it will center around Itachi, for him we have the richest background and he provides a link between Naruto's Akatsuki arc and Sasuke's big revenge side arc, bringing their rivalry back into focus.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I beg to differ again. Itachi is an intersting memeber of the Atsuki but I don' t think he's the most important. Why do I say this. Quite simply we don't know anything until Kishimoto says so. For all we know maybe the recently introduced venus flytrap man has a strong connection to kakashi's past and he killed Kakashi's best friend Obito? Or maybe venus flytrap man is actually naruto's father.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't know who is the most important or the most powerful until kishimoto wants us to. So please don't go and declare that itachi is the strongest or he's the most important until all the cards are layed out on the table. The biggest question I have is what the hell is the purpose of the organization. What are they trying to acheive? Why are so many powerful ninjas agreeing to run around as errand boys? Well guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mut
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:51 PM
itachi IS the most interesting and important member of akatsuki (excluding orochimaru since he not a member anymore) just for the fact that he is sasuke's brother and he is after naruto. sasuke happens to share almost half of the naruto storyline and if there is a character that is somehow related to BOTH of the two main characters of the story, how much more important can that character get?

the only way another member of the akatsuki is more interesting than itachi is if that member is directly related to naruto in some way, and i highly doubt that.

btw, itachi is the strongest character we've seen so far. no denying that.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Venus fly trap man could have a connection to the Fourth. Maybe he's naruto's uncle. Or mabe he's narutos father and he had to abandon naruto in order to join the organization in the first place. How can you say that itachi the most interesting member of the atsuki when you don't know who the other members are for crying out loud.

For all we know maybe naruto has a brother or half brother who is either in the organization or maybe even the head of the organization. Maybe The Fourth is still alive and he runs the atsuki. If that was the truth something tells me peope would be a tiny bit more intersted in him then little itachi.

I've said this once and I'll say it again don't make any definite statements until ALL the cards are layed out on the table. Oh and if itachi is so damn powerful and god like someone please tell me why he is running around doing errends as opposed to taking over countries or some other activity that would be more befitting of a god like character.

PossiblE
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Itachi is the strongest character introduced so far.
The reason why no one can tell you why he is running errands for Akatsuki is because we don't know yet.

Mut
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Oh and if itachi is so damn powerful and god like someone please tell me why he is running around doing errends as opposed to taking over countries or some other activity that would be more befitting of a god like character.
how should anyone know that? everyone has their own objective. just because someone is very powerful that doesn't mean they are always running a huge organization or whatnot. that's just the stereotype bad guys have. itachi is so badass, he can do whatever he wants.

Elessar
Sun, 10-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey LobsterMagnet, is it so hard to understand that we take the information available at this point of time and extrapolate the future on this data?

Of course the head of akatsuki could be the fourth, Naruto his son and a time traveller who is Jiraiyas father (time predetermination paradox). The venus guy could, for all we know, even be Obito and Kakashi have an affair with Shitzune. Maybe in 237 whole Konoha is destroyed by a meteor shower and the manga ends.

It is always hard to predict something, especially the future. All the above stated is possible but reviewd at currently available information highly unlikely. Right now we have two main characters, Naruto and Sasuke, who up until now shared the same storyline. Their storyline has now split and the characters with the strongest relations to both main characters are:

- Kakashi as their former sensei and his mysterious Uchiha connection. He is on the Naruto side.
- Orochimaru, wants to kill Naruto because he could get troublesome and is now Sasuke's mentor. He is on the Sasuke side.
- Itachi, wants to abduct Naruto and is wanted dead by Sasuke. Roaming freely around the story, is on neither side but a common enemy of both. Member of the unknown Akatsuki.

Because of the least information regarding him, the strongest connection to both and the fact that he is not bound to one of the two sides gives him the biggest potential to have a major influence in the continuation of the storyline. Of course with the next chapter that could change, but right now he is a very important character because we can make a plausible mid-term prediction that he will have a big impact to the story of Sasuke (no prediction beyond the point were he reaches oro's hut) and Naruto (we can't even predict what he and Sakura will talk to each other).

Apart from some fight scenes, so far there hasn't been a single Deus Ex Machina to the big overall story, everything has built up over a rather long period of time. As this can be regarded as Kishimoto's way of doing things, a sudden appearence that changes everything completely is unlikely.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Honestly I don't think were going to see sasuke for a long ass time. Most likey the next arc will play out and then we will have a time jump. One of the things we will see in the time jump is an older Sasuke with a new costume after he's spent several years training with Orchimaru. He's not going to play a big role in the story for quite some time. (On a side note IMO it would be awesome if Orchimaru makes sasuke fight and kill Kabuto to prove that his training is complete.)

Like I've said before when naruto and sasuke meet again they will most likely be mounted on Gama Bunta and Mando respectively. My point concerning itachi is that if he is the strongest most god like character why is he an underling for an organization rather then run the organization himself? It just dosen't make sense.

After we saw that huge flashback with the younger version of him showing his absolute hatred for his clan and having his destiny confined or some crap like that. Why kill the organization he was born to only to go run off and join yet another organization? Itachi's whole life has been based around rising up the ninja ladder and by thirteen he reached the top with no where else to go when he became an anbu squad leader. My guess as to why he joined the organization is because they represented a higher plateu of ninja skill level. This implies that there are members in the organization that are either as strong as him or stronger.

Mut
Sun, 10-17-2004, 05:19 PM
My point concerning itachi is that if he is the strongest most god like character why is he an underling for an organization rather then run the organization himself?
who cares? not all bad guys don't have to be the boss of their 'job' and they all don't have to fit a stereotype.

After we saw that huge flashback with the younger version of him showing his absolute hatred for his clan and having his destiny confined or some crap like that. Why kill the organization he was born to only to go run off and join yet another organization? Itachi's whole life has been based around rising up the ninja ladder and by thirteen he reached the top with no where else to go when he became an anbu squad leader. My guess as to why he joined the organization is because they represented a higher plateu of ninja skill level. This implies that there are members in the organization that are either as strong as him or stronger.
you have a point but you're missing one thing. Itachi doesn't see anyone who is not an uchiha with the capabilities of having mangekyou sharingan as an equal or anything above. that is the main reason why itachi is the most important character in akatsuki because he specifically said that sasuke can awaken the mangekyou sharingan.

kAi
Sun, 10-17-2004, 09:21 PM
we are still yet to see the powers of the akatsuki, so saying any of the members is the strongest cannot be true. but we do know they are going to be some of the strongest characters in this manga. we dont know the capabilities of this venus fly trap dude, but he seems like an interesting character to me. and why has he been brought out in the open is anyones guess.

and with saying itachi is just a peon in the organisation maybe true. but there have also been some of the baddest guys that act like a peon until they deem it necessary to show there other side and demolish the organisation or just back stab the people in it.
Itachi could be the strongest character in the akatsuki but holds his power back until he knows the right time to strike for what he wants. or he may not be the strongest and actually one of the weakest and waiting until he gets stronger. this may be a reason why he wants sasuke to get the mangekyou sharingan so he can fight him and maybe get a new level or just know how far he can go against a sharingan user who will turn out to be just or not or more powerful than himself.
to me he seems to be waiting for bigger and better challenges and maybe he not the most powerful and could be owned by someone else. but he is waiting until the right time to strike so he can have a true battle. he maybe taking naruto to the akatsuki to get him trained up so he may fight him or take the kyubi so he can become stronger there are just to many ways for something to happen to be defenit at this time.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Itachi feels a little bit a guilt for killing his clan. The way he sees it if the heavens have deemed his actions unacceptable then Sasuke will kill him. Leaving sasuke alive was his way to leave room open for his own punishment. Of course if Sasuke can never develop his sharingan then what Itachi did was the right action. Thats the only reason why he left Sasuke alive. Not because he wants to further evolve his sharingan.

Mut
Sun, 10-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Itachi feels a little bit a guilt for killing his clan. The way he sees it if the heavens have deemed his actions unacceptable then Sasuke will kill him. Leaving sasuke alive was his way to leave room open for his own punishment. Of course if Sasuke can never develop his sharingan then what Itachi did was the right action. Thats the only reason why he left Sasuke alive. Not because he wants to further evolve his sharingan.
Okay, now you're just making stuff up. you meant to put sarcasm tags on this post, right?

Elessar
Mon, 10-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, we have to admit, Itachi is on a sinking ship against a reasonable strong and blind Shinobi ^^

Himura_san
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Itachi is the Kyubi's gay lover if you follow the show you would know this by now!

Assertn
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:18 AM
They can't all appear together simultaneously because there would be too much for the reader to comprehend at once, especially if they're all supposed to be fairly strong.

Ever seen the series, "Get Backers," raven? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Raven
Mon, 10-18-2004, 03:06 AM

They can't all appear together simultaneously because there would be too much for the reader to comprehend at once, especially if they're all supposed to be fairly strong.

Ever seen the series, "Get Backers," raven?
Touche. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I gotta admit, that series did it well.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Sasuke says it again and again. "He left be alive to be an avenger. That is what I am I must avenge them." Then he usually does a chidori and runs recklessly at whatever is in front of him. Point being the manga implies that from sasuke speaches and itachi's diologue. Itachi left sasuke alive to he could get the super sharingan and maybe kill him one day if he truly deserved to be killed because of his actions.

Mut
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Itachi left sasuke alive to he could get the super sharingan and maybe kill him one day if he truly deserved to be killed because of his actions.
OR maybe itachi left sasuke alive because he sees the potential in sasuke and wants sasuke to reach that potential so itachi can fight him and again test his strength. you're almost fading into the 'itachi is innocent' theory.

jing
Mon, 10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah , if he actually felt guilty, he would have drowned himself.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-18-2004, 07:53 PM
I never said that Itachi is innocent. It's been firmly establish that he is a crazy mother. Like any good crazy mother itachi does have his own values and system of beliefs. Sasuke even says it himself that Itachi wants Sasuke to kill him. Itchi has no guilt about killing the clan but he probably sees it that if what he did was wrong then by what ever devine fate there is in the naruto world will have sasuke kill him.

I really don't think that Itachi left him alive so he could get the super sharingan and they would eventually have a super sharigan battle which would lead one of them to get a super super sharingan (or at least god I hope not).

Mut
Mon, 10-18-2004, 09:12 PM
devine fate? this isn't neji we're talking about, itachi does what he wants to do. fate doesn't hold him back. he's badass.

EDIT:

LobsterMagnet, there has never been fate talk with itachi, maybe with sasuke, but never with itachi. stop trying to make connections with things that aren't there.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:04 PM
But it is because of fate that he is a badass.

Gods_Son
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:09 PM
But it is because of fate that he is a badass.

Wrong again. It's his attitude that makes him badass.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:39 PM
I have to agree on that. If anything, Naruto has already proved that fate doesn't really matter all that much in this world... Itachi is a badass because of his skill and because of his attitude.

Assertn
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:42 PM
who says it wasnt naruto's fate to beat neji?

Winged Dancer
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Oooh, you have a point!!

...but then again I don't think that was the point of the battle, so no =P

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:31 AM
people really don't understand what Neji was talking about in this fight, he wasn't talking about fate as destiney, he was talking about fate in the status levels system and in power, Neji's 'fate' was to always be inferior to the main house even though he hates them and was stronger than them, while Naruto's 'fate' is to lose becuase he was born a loser.

realtortato
Tue, 10-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Itachi may not be innocent but it's really funny to see that even after he killed his whole clan there is not a drop of blood in himi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
And about fate, you know what they say "It's not written until it happens".

Assertn
Tue, 10-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: realtortato
And about fate, you know what they say "It's not written until it happens".
who says that??
how do you know your life isnt already written out from beginning to end and you just couldnt possibly conceive it?

?igma
Tue, 10-19-2004, 02:19 PM
oh for fucks sake, plz withdraw your religious opinions and state to the facts plz ..wtf ..bunch of churchlamers..go read a bible ..

Souryusen
Tue, 10-19-2004, 03:25 PM
I am an ass.

Roger that.

Assertn
Tue, 10-19-2004, 03:56 PM
?igma: wtf? not only am i not really that religious, but I'm not one to be any sort of supporter in the fate theory. I just like to contemplate deep abstract concepts like that. For those of you who only come here to talk about anime, sorry for not keeping the conversation dumbed down enough for you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

?igma
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen

I am an ass.

Roger that.

I second that, since it was on purpose, Americans need to see the light and realise fate is nonexistent,as is god.

Mut
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:18 PM
don't turn this discussion around about americans/fate/religion. stay on topic.

EDIT: response to below:

so far, the people that talked about fate did not go into deeper meaning of it by bringing up religion and people being american. you decided to go off topic by saying something stupid as "Americans need to see the light and realise fate is nonexistent,as is god." what does being american have anything to do with religion and fate? it has nothing to do with it. i'm not the one causing problems, if you hadn't gone off topic, i wouldn't need to tell you anything would i? instead of blaming others for everything, try to think it over and consider yourself as a possible fault. anyway, this discussion particular is over and like i said, stay on topic.

btw, if you got something personal to say to me, try using the PM feature.

?igma
Tue, 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
dude, I so wish they never made you Mod. People like you create problems that aren't there . Maybe you didn't notice, but Assertnfailure is mod too ----------->i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif<--------- , so if something would go wrong HE can say something about it. Besides, I wouldn't even continue that discussion. Everybody knows believers have had their heads stuck too long during birth ><

God do I hate you, but that is sadly only a single opinion. Luckely my knowledge of personality is great by heritage. Maybe you could be nice to people that hate you, so they'd hate you less.

I withdraw that last statement .. since it is made in my moment of "being pissed off about little pricks that look like bread"

*needs cold shower*

edit to the above, which is quite lame.. : I never PM people, especially not Mods ..it tends to get you banned without people noticing. And we can't have a grand finale without a public i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

oh and, did you know 95% of America actually believes in God, while 80% of fucking Italy does ? You know, the place where the pope himself lives ? big building, lots of gold, many tourists ?

and only 35% of Whole Europe (that is INCL Italy) believes!!..

And of that 35%believers , 67% is actually at the age you could consider them "soon to be dead" , while in America that is only 35% <--- (had an ..ehm..how do you say.. "essay" about this ..I think..)

Anyways, did it again, turned the whole argument around, live with it, was my last anyways.

Phoenix23
Tue, 10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Re: fate in Naruto

I believe the author of Naruto has a lot of the major plot points decided already... does that constitute fate? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

@ ?igma:

More than 35% of the Europeans do believe. It might be possible that there is some former Soviet puppet state where the atheists (the commies) suppressed the population into numbers lower than 35%, but 35% for all of Europe is pretty... uninformed, I'd say.

As for "Everybody knows believers have had their heads stuck too long during birth", aren't you behaving quite a lot like a religious fanatic yourself, with all that reasonless bashing of those who embrace a different religious position than yourself?

Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, your attitude could use some serious improvement.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Itachi had the luck of the draw of being born into the Uchuila clan and being born with a tremendous amount of his families bloodline. That is what I meant about fate. Yesh didn't think that I would foster a huge discusion with attacks on peoples religion.

Omake
Wed, 10-20-2004, 01:59 AM
stuff

That had no relevance to anything.

Assertn
Wed, 10-20-2004, 03:07 AM
nice job doing the same thing souryusen did, omake i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
seriously though.....we all know the ignorance in ?igma's posts enough to not require any more commentary on it

Lefty
Wed, 10-20-2004, 03:14 AM
Yeah.

Back on the subject. I don't think it was as much a fate as it was luck with choice added in to make it interesting. Itachi had the choice of not killing his family and not going off leaving Sauske behind. grantede we still don't know the whole history behind Itachi's killing spree so we could all be wrong. The whole thing behind this series and any series or story for that matter is choise over fate. Decided over deciding. This will be a big thing later on in the series as it develops even more.

Dayis
Wed, 10-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Just happy to see Neji is doing good

Kolat
Thu, 10-21-2004, 10:37 PM
90% of statistics are made up on the spot

drcitan
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm not suprised everyone is alive, well except for choji b/c the last pill was supposed to be the No No drug. Am I the only one that is glad to see that choji is alive. He fought his heart out for his comrades. Look I know hes fat and all but how many of us are fat in here huh,huh(im 130lbs). Didn't see Gaara and Lee who are probably playing chess in the sand village. Good shit thou

kaigan
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:46 PM
man, what happens to holy shit venus trap guy? need to go back to him.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:24 AM
No, Kaigan, we don't. We need character development.

Raven
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Don't expect to see the new Akatsuki guy any time soon. That was just a teaser. And I wish people would stop calling him the Venus Fly Trap man, I'm sure that's just where he was hiding for that particular moment.

Although I might have to eat my words if it turns out he's some plant molester or something. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

xtort
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: Kolat

It's 87.9 with a +- 4% margin of error. Get it straight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I really hope Lee, Gaara, and Naruto end up hanging out some more. They all have a ton in common: they're awesomely developed characters, they have huge handicaps, they have some exceptional skills, and they all seem to lose with incredible frequency.

Hopefully, this next issue will see Sasuke headed to Orochimaru to steal some jutsu. Wonder how Itachi would do fighting 4 Hokages. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

-xtortout

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:43 AM
LoL untill we learn more about the new atsuki member he will forever be identified as the great venus flytrap man. For all we know he may be the greatest naruto character ever introduced. He could be the savior from the Itachi worshippers that all the followers of udon have been praying for.

On another note it would be awesome to see Garra again spending some time in the leaf village. Maybe he can meet naruto and try to cheer him up. He'll probably be depressed for failing the mission. I'd place a good bet that Garra and his three siblings will become the sannin of the sand village. If sannin is not a rank but just an invented title then I still believe they'll become the legendary something or another.

Garra is definetly going to become the future hokage of the Sand village. That i'm sure of.

Boogster
Sun, 10-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by: xtort

Originally posted by: Kolat

It's 87.9 with a +- 4% margin of error. Get it straight.

I really hope Lee, Gaara, and Naruto end up hanging out some more. They all have a ton in common: they're awesomely developed characters, they have huge handicaps, they have some exceptional skills, and they all seem to lose with incredible frequency.

Hopefully, this next issue will see Sasuke headed to Orochimaru to steal some jutsu. Wonder how Itachi would do fighting 4 Hokages.

-xtortout

Agreed.