PDA

View Full Version : jump superstars....

chambers
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:05 PM
co-developed by nintendo the newly announced DS game jump superstars will feature characters from DBZ, one piece and naruto. somewhat predictably a beat-em-up. no one said anythign abotu what KIND of beat-em-up but id wager a SSBM style (sure to please some on this board *cough*assertn*cough*) or similar to the current GC games. sounds interesting no? high chance it will make its way overseas as well as it contains DBZ characters!

havent seen this posted anywhere else thought people might to know.

Assertn
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM
you make it sound like im not the only person who hears ssbm playing down the hall every other day and usually is involved in said game for a duration of time

sounds cool though, but i dont plan to get a DS anytime soon.....

ilabb
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:43 PM
As long as you can fight with Zoro, I'm fine.

Man... fighting games bother me when they're really... too balanced XD

If Sakura is in it and manages to beat like... SSJ3 Goku or something... sheesh.

It's like in SSBM how a lvl 9 Pichu can waste a lvl 9 Mewtwo. wtf.

I guess I'm just being picky and off-topic... ah well.

PossiblE
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I guess games would be more fun when you base the win on character choice.

Jman
Mon, 10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
co-developed by nintendo the newly announced DS game jump superstars will feature characters from DBZ, one piece and naruto. somewhat predictably a beat-em-up. no one said anythign abotu what KIND of beat-em-up but id wager a SSBM style (sure to please some on this board *cough*assertn*cough*) or similar to the current GC games. sounds interesting no? high chance it will make its way overseas as well as it contains DBZ characters!

havent seen this posted anywhere else thought people might to know.

thanks but i had posted about it in the nintendo ds thread some time last week.

chambers
Tue, 10-12-2004, 06:10 AM
sorry man, didnt see it at all i stopped reading it after a while.

yeah but you gotta think that the DBZ characters won be SSJ because if they where........

Rek
Tue, 10-12-2004, 06:35 AM
kyuubi chakra mother fucker.... beats SSJ, because that has limits. Remember when he was beat alot he went normal, whereas naruto just gets stronger....

stupid saiyan pussies

kAi
Tue, 10-12-2004, 07:34 AM
ahh it will even it self out in character specials.
i think they will just have different type of fighting styles.
but yeah ssj and the kyubi power will be on the same level kinda thing.

anyway...sounds good

chambers
Tue, 10-12-2004, 07:59 AM
no way. ssj can destroy planets an stuff. its pointless arguing that naruto could beat someone like goku. its like arguing that DBZ could beat x-men, it just aint gonna happen.

kAi
Tue, 10-12-2004, 08:06 AM
IF you are refering to the game...
remember this is a game and they wont make a player unbeatable.

chambers
Tue, 10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
yeah but theres gonna be huge upcry if goku goes ssj3 and gets his ass whooped by konohamaru

kAi
Tue, 10-12-2004, 08:29 AM
but i hope and doubt they would have a crappy player like konohomaru in the game...it would just be stupid.
they should only have good people in the game. i think only bad ass' from naruto should be in the game. no crappy ones.
if any genins are to be in it.
naruto, sasuke, neji, gaara, lee...that would be it and maybe not even all of them.
but the sannins, itachi, sandaime. and badass' like that would be cool.

KaneInferno
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
yeah but theres gonna be huge upcry if goku goes ssj3 and gets his ass whooped by konohamaru

no one will even put konohamaru in a game like this anyways. dont worry about it.

chambers
Wed, 10-13-2004, 01:23 PM
nintendo are co-devloping........

Assertn
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:10 PM
really? well then it should be a promising game

Jman
Wed, 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
=In the most recent Jump manga, it was mentioned that Jump Superstars, a new game for the Nintendo DS, will soon be announced.

Rumors have been swirling around Japan that Nintendo will be the one developing said game, using an engine similar to the one used Smash Bros. games. The timing of the announcement comes very close to Nintendo's October 7th press unveiling of more DS specifics, so it seems likely that we could see more of the game there too.

Jump and its publisher Shueisha carry a very large amount of popular manga IP. Anime fans may note such titles as The Prince of Tennis, Naruto and Hunter X Hunter, but even those who don't follow anime may recognize names like Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh, which were once featured in the popular manga magazine and are obvious sources for character choices. One Piece, the manga about pirates that recently started airing on North American television, as well as Shaman King and Yu Yu Hakusho are also Jump properties and likely to be featured somewhere in the game. The treatment will likely be similar to last year's Konami/Hudson/Takara all-star bash.

Whether it's being developed by Nintendo or not, or is in the style of a Smash Bros.-like fighter, the game is much more likely to see translation than most anime-based games that are released in Japan. Anime fans who are looking forward to the DS may be in for a treat in the near future.

source (http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/jump-superstars/554094p1.html?fromint=1)