PDA

View Full Version : BECK

Munsu
Sat, 10-09-2004, 09:13 PM
I just saw the first episode of BECK and it was pretty good... especially if you like drama... two thumbs up from me....

it's out by anime-empire...

http://a.scarywater.net/ae/

Zoels
Sat, 10-09-2004, 10:39 PM
interesting, i think i might check it out

GuardianShado
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:41 PM
so wuts it about?... any info from anywhere?

Munsu
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:44 PM
drama/music... but from watching the first episode i think it is heavily concentrated on drama... it is good for a first episode give it a try... the music they are going for seems to be Rock...

try animenfo, anidb, and animenewsnetwork

Kuske
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:48 PM
It was a pretty good first episode. At first i was hoping for like full moon wo sagashite but o well, i still like it. Hope u all like it too.

GuardianShado
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:53 PM
oo so is it anything like full moon or is it closer to gravitation (minus the gay thing)?
btw i havnt seen either o those XP lol

EDIT:
didnt see the anime sources section. ill check it out

Kuske
Sat, 10-09-2004, 11:57 PM
no, it wasnt close to full moon and iono about gravitation. I didnt c it becuz my friend told me it was about 2 gay guys and some rock band. So u got to watch urself.

theblakeman
Sun, 10-10-2004, 12:29 AM
Nothing like Gravitation. Gravitation was about gay J-rockers, this is about some Japanese band that hit big in the USA and about a kid who will probably end up becoming a musician. It's kind of like a "Jap wanting to be an American" kind of story. BTW Gravitation is a good anime, even if you don't like shounen-ai stuff.

g0at
Sun, 10-10-2004, 11:15 AM
i really liked this one. good music, and i like the art. the only wierd thing is when they talk in english.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Is there any new show that you DON'T watch, Bud? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

lionheart1012000
Sun, 10-10-2004, 01:11 PM
mwhahaha! you little munchkins who havent read the manga are still wondering what its about i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Sun, 10-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Is there any new show that you DON'T watch, Bud?

well i havent picked up much of the new season... only bleach, mai-hime, and beck... waiting for Destiny

Himura_san
Mon, 10-11-2004, 02:02 AM
I saw the first episode and I am looking forward to more, its good to see something new for change. Too many shows about samurai, mecha, and gunstrapping brods!

KameronFrye
Mon, 10-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Whats wrong with shows about Gunstrapping Samurai Mecha babes? heheh.

I need another one of those, since Bakuretsu is done. =/

Munsu
Mon, 10-11-2004, 02:52 AM
there's plenty out there... Kannaduki no Miko, Gunbuster 2... just to name two to fill your need

Lefty
Mon, 10-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Why does the feeling of this show remind me of furi kuri, alot.

@Kameron: It's not that there is something wrong with those shows it's just you need that predictable and then you need the stuff that always keeps coming from left field surprising you with sommehting new and original.

Kuske
Mon, 10-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Does anyone no those 2 background song when they were in remedy place becuz they songs are pretty good.

Everon
Wed, 10-13-2004, 11:55 AM
no soundtracks are out yet

Munsu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:17 AM
episode 2 has been out since yesterday...

no torrent yet that i know of... you can get it of irc in #anime-empire @ chatspike

stallionslayer
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
no soundtracks are out yet

Nipponsei has released the Opening Single by Beat Crusaders...

Munsu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
dont know if scarywater is working yet... but here

http://a.scarywater.net/ae/[A-E (http://_BECK_02.avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/ae/[A-E]_BECK_02.avi.torrent)

Mae
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm a fan of anime about music: Black Heaven, Kaikan Phrase, Gravitation not so much although it did have a catchy soundtrack, so I'll definately follow this one. The first 2 eps were promising. I thought it was interesting how they portrayed the Americans. They were animated like characters from GI Joe or something, which was a little jarring, but the best freind character is animated a little oddly too. I thought the voice actor for the Japanese/American rocker did pretty well with his English lines, although you can tell he's not a native speaker.

@Lefty: nice sig and avatar

Lefty
Wed, 10-27-2004, 06:01 PM
You should read the manga. I think manga scaners have up to chapter 57 translated.

Harakiri
Wed, 10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
At first it felt a little dull. Then, that dullness turned into style. Once i was done with Episode 2, I was in love with the show. Ryuusuke has an uber-engrish accent, but I don't mind at all.

I remember when he was going to the Live House, feeling the butterflies in his stomach, juss like at my first concert!

My only concern is that it seems to reflect americans/english as rude, loud and profane. Meh. I'll have to pick up the long running manga.

Munsu
Wed, 10-27-2004, 08:34 PM
i think that it portrays americans/english very accurately... especially when you consider this is young people you are talking about...

tensai
Wed, 10-27-2004, 09:26 PM
this series is better than i thought
if my friend didnt borrow my external HD and loaded it in, i wouldnt have even bother to watch it

i cant wait to see more of what this anime has to offer, expecially why its named Beck, Ryuusukes dogs name

Megiddo
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
I've read the the manga from what has been released via MangaScreeners, and I can tell you that in this anime, they view America as something similar to the Promised Land. No doubt this is due to all the American rockers that influence the storyline. Anyways, the first episode was just an annoying drunken gaijin trying to pick a fight(and most likely pissed because his car was all scratched up).

True, Maho is... aggressive, and Ryusuke has his American fits of rage. Overall though, I felt that the manga-ka really tried to show appreciation for Americans. Besides, Eddie is the nicest American I've ever seen in an anime, so it shows both sides if nothing else i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lefty
Thu, 10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Megiddo be very carful what you say in the ANIME thread about the MANGA. People can be very touchy if you want ot talk abou tthe manga please start a thread in the General manga froum.

tensai
Thu, 10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
yeah, please dont refer to the manga
i dont mind too much, but i dont necessarily like being spoiled

so does anyone know the release schedule for this anime, the subs seems to be released on fridays or so by A-E

Munsu
Thu, 10-28-2004, 06:03 PM
there is no release schedule... especially with A-E... they really do release at their own pace

Megiddo
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:25 PM
I'd expect episode three out in two/three days, since it's listed as "Soon" in AE's IRC channel.

tensai
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:26 PM
i meant the release schedule for it to air in japanese tv
anyone know?

BECK 3 is out btw
get it here http://a.scarywater.net/ae/

glitched
Fri, 10-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
i meant the release schedule for it to air in japanese tv
anyone know?

BECK 3 is out btw
get it here http://a.scarywater.net/ae/

just finished watching it, man this is shaping up to be an excellent series!

Munsu
Fri, 10-29-2004, 05:26 AM
yeah another good episode...

I just hope that Kujuki ends up with someone... Maho or Izumi... it is bad enough that Izumi keeps giving him hope when she is obviously attracted to Ray

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-31-2004, 10:09 AM
Im wondring how this anime is compared to manga,does it follow the manga strict?

lionheart1012000
Sun, 10-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Im wondring how this anime is compared to manga,does it follow the manga strict?
so far it seems to be following the manga...but with only 3 episodes out its hard to say whether it will continue that way.

Mae
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
I may read the manga sometime, but I like listening to the music so I'll stick with the anime for now. Also, although I'm not sure if I like how the characters are drawn, the cityscape backgrounds are nice (the subway, the crowded streets, the late-night diners and bars....good background noise too) It is taking place in Tokyo, right?

Kazuki's a good character, but I hope he matures some as the series goes on. The I-have-absolutely-no-confidence-in-myself type of shounen hero tends to wear on me after a while. What I got from the series is that while Izumi likes Ryuusuke's music, the person she likes is Kazuki (keeps inviting him places, meeting with him, not caring when he is really obviously oggling her...), and Kazuki strait out tells her to date Ryuusuke (thinking he's not good enough or something, bleh). Ryuusuke's sister is an interesting character, though, so I wouldn't mind if the series goes in that direction either.

maxthelostboy
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Anyone have a link to where I can download the manga? I love the anime's ending song and the pictures that go with it. So far I noticed kurt cobaine(not sure spelling) Joey ramone, bob marley and the residents

Crows_Kill
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Man, I get dizzy just trying to keep up with the references to like every band ever created, from outright being named, to the occasional lifted riff, to the t-shirts of the chracters and the band posters througout the show. You can tell the author really digs all kinds of music.
Whats up with the frankenmutt though? Can anyone tell me how that refugee from a tim burtan flick fits in to the show? Or is it just a visual gag about multi-cultralism in the show?

g0at
Tue, 11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by: maxthelostboy
Anyone have a link to where I can download the manga? I love the anime's ending song and the pictures that go with it. So far I noticed kurt cobaine(not sure spelling) Joey ramone, bob marley and the residents

theres also the red hot chilli peppers, and the guy from the sex pistols.

Everon
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, so far the anime has been following the manga (i think its a little less comical then it should be at times). The only thing that'll probably be different are the songs and music you'll hear. You can't have them play licensed material like The Beatles.

At least they got the rights to show Gibson and Fender guitars, which is really cool

glitched
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:26 AM
so is dying breed an actual band?

well more specifically is THE dying breed the same band that shows up after a google search?

i listened to some sound clips, sounds kinda similiar...

but anyone know where to get full versions of some of the "lesser" songs. i allready have the op pack.

anime050
Sun, 11-07-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I just saw the first episode of BECK and it was pretty good... especially if you like drama... two thumbs up from me....

it's out by anime-empire...

you can get link in mirkx

Yeah, Beck is pretty good.

Although i'm not very fond of the "foreigners" swearing so much. And plus, they still have somewhat of a Japanese Accent.

Minus the un-needed swearing and you've got yourself a really great series.

tensai
Sun, 11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
a double release of beck by AE eps 4 and 5
go and get'em

Munsu
Wed, 11-17-2004, 01:24 AM
4 and 5 were pretty good... i just want to say is that Maho is awesome... swimming pool anyone?

tensai
Wed, 11-17-2004, 02:36 AM
yup i liked these two eps
though i kinda thought koyuki was a little too clumbsy and stuff for the things he did

itd be awesome to have any girl drop by your house when its raining and take a shower, and that swimming pool scene was cool too

Lefty
Sat, 11-20-2004, 01:33 AM
Thats why I like this series. Koyuki is like the most nerdy guy. But give him a guitar and some balls and he's not to shabby. I can't wait for the next ep.

Mae
Sun, 11-21-2004, 08:06 PM
I think the crazy ex-olympic swimmer is a good mentor for him. Koyuki is definately too quick to give up when left to his own devices. I like the cockateil too. I thought the singing was a little better in this last ep. Maybe as the voice actors get more practice they will improve.

Lefty
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Well most voice actors in japan and america can sing very well. It's part of the training they go through to become good at their craft. But I can't wait till the band finally gets together and koyuki sings.

Munsu
Mon, 11-22-2004, 02:26 AM
im really getting tired of the animesuki forums posting crap about how the speak and sing in english... so please let's not go down that route...

Can't wait for episode 6..... and my mind is really messed up... am i the only one that when the swimmer guy started moving his fingers very fast as if he was playing a gitar and thought of something perverted?

Lefty
Wed, 11-24-2004, 01:08 PM
I wasn't going down that road. Granted alot of indie Japanese bands sing in english who gives a shit, they play great music. Also ep 6 is out you can find it a t tokyo toshokon.
@Mae: they use two seperate voice actors for koyuki on for dialoge the other for vocals. this is the on instance were the voice actor can't sing.

Mae
Thu, 11-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Huh, Koyuki's singing and speaking voice are a pretty good match, I couldn't tell. Do you know if Maho's voice actor does her own singing? If so, she's not too bad.

Ep 6 seemed more of a set-up for the next ep, not too much happening, Koyuki acting like a wuss, again, and building up the rivalry between Ryuusuke and Eiji.

Lefty
Thu, 11-25-2004, 02:06 PM
From what i've read yeah i think the voice actress does do here own singing. The next few ep's are the most crucial in the series. I won't soil anything but it only goes up from here.

Lefty
Tue, 12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Ep seven is out from A E.

Munsu
Tue, 12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
8 is out also

http://a.scarywater.net/ae/[A-E (http://_BECK_08.avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/ae/[A-E]_BECK_08.avi.torrent)

Lefty
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:49 PM
THis series is really going much faster than the manga it was like twenty chapters before they got this part. It should be interesting to see what the next five eps bring.

Munsu
Tue, 12-14-2004, 10:52 PM
at least we are finally going to see Koyuki showing what he's got next episode, i hope....

Anything in the manga that was skipped... anything important i mean?

Lefty
Wed, 12-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Not really they compacted like an entire book into three ep's which is insain and they don't miss a beat. I'd say it will be the next ep or the one after that. Hope fully it won't be long before thye reach the ep's were koyuki sings as well wich will be nice to finally hear.

Munsu
Wed, 12-15-2004, 04:52 AM
the only thing i didnt like was the Koyuki and Ryouske reunion... it was like if nothing had happened between the two... just a "hi" and a "want to join me practice?" nothing else said...

And Izumi seems to be giving the cold sholder to Koyuki for some reason... I wonder why..

Lefty
Wed, 12-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Thats pretty much how it happened in the manga. and the Izumi thing is just the whole "oh how we change over time thing." Corny I know.

EDIT: Ep 9 out yo.

Munsu
Sat, 12-18-2004, 04:54 AM
yep... watched it... cool episode...

Who knew Koyuki was swimming so well... a little bit more till they start performing...

And damnit Koyuki tell them that you can sing for crying out loud

Mae
Sat, 12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
The last two eps were nice. I actually like how Koyuki and Ryouske made up. They both realized that the fight was a mistake and just moved on. I know guys like that, and I actually prefer doing something similar myself rather than having to talk everything out. As for Izumi, well, after an entire year I think she just got sick of waiting for Koyuki to make a move. I think it was supposed to be some life lesson about taking the opportunities given to you, but I could be wrong.

The swim contest was OK, at least he seems to be getting over his bullying somewhat, and I liked the music at the rehersals. They do a lot of name-dropping, but that's OK too.

tensai
Sun, 12-19-2004, 04:14 AM
nice couple of eps those were
the izumi thing was weird, but it cant be helped for koyuki
maybe she thought he likes maho better

saitou and koyuki's sensei getting together lol, hes gonna get nosebleeds all the time now

koyuki must not be that bright to let those guys bully him and get money from him, he needs to learn to stand up for himself

g0at
Mon, 12-20-2004, 07:21 PM
good episodes. kinda funny how saku just pulled out that drum magazine.

Munsu
Mon, 12-20-2004, 10:48 PM
yeah... it was "totally not unpurpose", it wasn't "his intention to be considered as the next drummer for the band"

lionheart1012000
Mon, 12-20-2004, 11:59 PM
blah...good episodes...go chiba!!! *goes back to reading the beck manga*

Lefty
Sun, 12-26-2004, 06:01 AM
Ep 10 out (http://a.scarywater.net/ae/)

Tsukiyomi
Mon, 12-27-2004, 09:52 PM
This has to be the best episode yet, and since we are close to half way through Beck it is about time they started to pick things up.

Lefty
Mon, 12-27-2004, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling this series might run a little longer than a normal 26 ep series. In terms to were they are in the manga they're at chapter 13 out the 57 that have been released ands the manga is still being made(from what I know.). Though they have been snipping corners here and their and combinig chapeters it should fall a little longer than 26 eps.

fremeer
Tue, 12-28-2004, 07:20 AM
well i personally think it will end around the middle of the manga because that is one of the better places to stop it. i dont want to spoil anything so i wont say after what. also anyone think they will show lennon, marley and mercury?

Makenai
Wed, 12-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Can anyone please tell me where I can get the beck manga? Thanks.

Lefty
Wed, 12-29-2004, 05:49 PM
go to mangascreeners you find them using manga jouho.

Makenai
Thu, 12-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Many Thanks! <3 Can you give me the link if you have it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Thanks again.

Lefty
Thu, 12-30-2004, 06:27 AM
go here http://manganews.net/

Santah
Sat, 01-01-2005, 01:28 AM
I just watched all 10 episodes in one day. Its a pretty cool show, but grr some of of the stuff is predictable!!!

Like when he got the guitar fixed and was running along I was just thinking the whole time "I bet he runs into the bullys".

I wish I was so damn lucky as he is though, with everyone giving him guitars!!!! I learnt on my Mum's acoustic, then had to save up all the money from my part time job for like a year to get a electric. I got the electric 3 years ago and havent been able to afford a better one yet.

Lefty
Sat, 01-01-2005, 02:10 AM
The most important part about a guitar is does it sound good. I have a tele, les paul, and a john lee hoocker sheriton. But the one I like the most is this crapy 150 dollar guitar called hondo. it has the most edgy sound of anyhitng I own. Be happy that you have a guitar that you can play. If you got six strings just play as hard as you can.

BOS: But yeah I can't wait for the later eps when koyuki gets better at sining and has more confidence.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 01-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Well isnt the anime gonna a 26 eps long if so it will be hard to put everything in...

Munsu
Sat, 01-01-2005, 04:48 PM
i dont know how how they handled it in the manga or how it is gonna play out in episode 11.... but i find it dissapointing not to see Koyuki singing his first live with Beck... i wanted to see the previous few minutes before going onstage and when he starts singing... instead they chose to show some landscapes and shit.... this has been farly common in this anime.... just like when Koyuki is singing in the pool with Maho... the whole time the screen went zooming on the moon instead of seeing them singing....

Lefty
Sat, 01-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Dude it's a teaser for them playing live. don't worry I've seen the raw of ep 11 it's all good.

fremeer
Wed, 01-05-2005, 07:38 PM
god i hate the singing, the bands they chose for the music suck balls, they should have got the band from FLCL instead, they had cool stuff.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 01-05-2005, 08:38 PM
That the biggest reason that i dont watch this anime cause after reading 19 vol of the manga, Koyuki sings like a god i my mind and dont wnt that to to be ruined cause some lame music in the anime.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 01-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I read at animenewsnetwork that beckanime.com has been registered by Funimation...so I guess we know who'll get this series... -_-

jimmymasaki
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:45 AM
i actually really like this anime so i hope anime empire still keep the subs up. but i don't get the whole like... maho seems to swear heaps.. i think the creators watched waaay too much american gang movies... even maho swears heaps! but that's all i have problems with, maho's swearing, other than that it's like totally cool.

anime050
Fri, 01-07-2005, 11:33 AM
A-E seem to slack on most of their animes =/. Especially on beck.

It's usually 2 week for like.. 1 ep. It sickens me =/.

Oh well, that's life for ya.

tensai
Fri, 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
The most important part about a guitar is does it sound good. I have a tele, les paul, and a john lee hoocker sheriton. But the one I like the most is this crapy 150 dollar guitar called hondo. it has the most edgy sound of anyhitng I own. Be happy that you have a guitar that you can play. If you got six strings just play as hard as you can.

I wish I was so damn lucky as he is though, with everyone giving him guitars!!!! I learnt on my Mum's acoustic, then had to save up all the money from my part time job for like a year to get a electric. I got the electric 3 years ago and havent been able to afford a better one yet.

its cool to find people that play the guitar too, though i just started
i got a squier strat at the beginning of december (i didnt really wanna dish out big bucks yet because i suck), i friends little brother just got his les paul a couple of days ago

koyuki is lucky for having people lend him guitars and also letting him have them

well, i just finished reading the manga up to volume 19
what a way to end the volume, cant wait for the next chaps - if theyll ever be scanlated that is

Tsukiyomi
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Hello. I was wondering is Beck licensed a few anime sites are taking it off ,because Funimation supposedly licensed it. I'm not entirely sure. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had more information on it. Thank you

jing
Mon, 01-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't think it was official.

s0ulz x r3frain
Thu, 01-27-2005, 02:50 AM
yay finally its here! triple release by shinsen-subs ep 13-15

ep 13 (http://bittorrent.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-Subs]%20BECK%2013%20[3144F154].avi.torrent)
ep 14 (http://bittorrent.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-Subs]%20BECK%2014%20[7933099D].avi.torrent)
ep 15 (http://bittorrent.shinsen-subs.org/[Shinsen-Subs]%20BECK%2015%20[0BB120B0].avi.torrent)

Munsu
Thu, 01-27-2005, 02:59 AM
i'll wait for a-e to release... it shouldnt be long for them to release a couple of episodes...

ive never trusted shinsen's work... so i'll just wait

fremeer
Thu, 01-27-2005, 03:18 AM
As a few of you know I'm a Beck freak, and have been doing the anime from day 1 with A-E. Now a few weeks ago it came to our attention that the anime had all but been licensed by Funimation (this is NOT based on the funi registraion story). In preparation for the eventual licensing I decided to sort out a gameplan with my buddy vincent from shinsen (who I am also a part of), as the group at A-E consisted of some decent people I began to ask people i would want to work with to join the project for post-licensed releases. First person I asked was X (Beck Translator) who told me he was unhappy with the A-E situation (various reasons) and he would be willing to make a move a lot sooner. However, as we had already done work on ep 11+12, enough to put into the later stages of release we thought it best to start from 13+ and there you have it...

that was from shinsen's site

this of course means that the people subbing beck for shinsen will be the same ones subbing beck for a-e

Munsu
Thu, 01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
well if the translator is from a-e... i guess i can give it a shot...

but i would still like to wait for episode 11 and 12 to be released

but still...

I don't trust the shinsen-sub QC...

s0ulz x r3frain
Thu, 01-27-2005, 03:52 AM
oh what the heck lol! i didnt even notice that it was a different subber since i remembered that there was only one subber for beck... i dont think it should be too bad... and now that i realize it, eps 11 and 12 are missing... thats a double doh for me >_<

Lefty
Thu, 01-27-2005, 04:08 AM
For good reason. Thye F-ed up FMA pretty bad. But if it's the same AE guy the we should have no problems. Except for two eps missing for a while.

Santah
Thu, 01-27-2005, 10:32 AM
so where the hell are 11 and 12 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif?

Santah
Sat, 02-05-2005, 08:22 AM
haha looks like they lost some data from the forum. Oh wells.. epi 18 is out by shinsen subs yay i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif!

drowelf
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Is there a soundtrack out yet or not? Also are episodes of Beck still coming out?

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 02-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Ep 19 is out by Shinsen
Beck ep 19 here (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D%20BECK%2019%20%5B95D8622D%5D.avi.torrent)

jing
Mon, 02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I heard soundtrack is coming out somtime in March. its pretty reliable cuz its from nippon-sei.

and ep 19..DAMN!!

Munsu
Mon, 02-14-2005, 04:35 PM
i just said fuck it, and went to read the manga... some good shit happens...

i hope they do a second season, 26 episodes is by no means enough

Lefty
Mon, 02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah another manga reader that also watches the anime.

Santah
Mon, 02-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah I went and got all the manga from 1 to current about 4 days ago. Was a really good read.

jing
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:10 PM
I also have the manga, im going to read it after the anime ends.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Im glad that i read the manga first or else i would never read the manga after seeing this anime.

Jin234
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
what ep is when yukio plays during dying breed concert and he sings "face"

Elfo
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:15 AM
epi 12 (the best for me)

tensai
Sun, 02-20-2005, 09:57 PM
ep 20 by shinsen is out

the manga has yet to stop, and the end of volume 7 is where ep 18 is
so its bound to be more than one season, maybe itll kinda like initial d where they have stages

Munsu
Mon, 02-21-2005, 11:55 AM
i really hope so, because some of the most exciting parts come after where i think the anime will end...

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm not reading the manga, but from what people have been saying it is good. Well, hopefully it will be longer than one season because at this point, I don't really think 26 episodes could give an acceptible ending.

jing
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:53 PM
beck 21 is out by shinsen

Santah
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:26 AM
dammit, looks pretty obvious where they are going to end it... the anime is going to miss out on heaps of good stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah, they do seem to be hinting that it might end there.. v_v they should make a second season...hopefully it had good ratings.

In case anyone is interested..the Japanese website for the upcomming BECK video game just opened Here (http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ps2/beck/)

grumpy
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
ep21 is good dude..chiba is cool, he can rap like god man..how many ep are there in this anime?

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:52 PM
It's scheduled for 26 episodes...

Santah
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:36 AM
22 out by shinsen.

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:56 AM
beck OST is released.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Good OST's. Like how with some songs there are different versions of it. Really like Moon on the Water by Beat Crusaders ^^;

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I like Lost Melody by Belle Ame

Makenai
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow Lost Melody is pretty good. I love Spice of Life. >] Oh and Chiba's "Reloaded" sounds badass.

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Spice of Life's bass is good, me likey.

Face is also good. But koyuki's new song is really ..................not that good...
It may be cheesey as it sounds but I kind of like Follow Me, that festival song sang by koyuki and maho.

Santah
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:12 AM
lol its funny how some songs the original is worse than the fake beck versions.

Makenai
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah especially the one "Little more than before. (Slip Out)" (The one Koyuki is singing around ep 21-22.) It's much better then the one Koyuki is singing. XD

Souda
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I think that Beck would be a lot more interesting (if ya know what I mean ;-0) if the show wasn't so much focused on the main character, or if wasn't Koyuki at all, because he's a retard. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Taira is the best. <3

Lefty
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Guess what he is the main character. He's gone through biggest changes out of everyone.

jing
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by: Souda
I think that Beck would be a lot more interesting (if ya know what I mean ;-0) if the show wasn't so much focused on the main character, or if wasn't Koyuki at all, because he's a retard.

Taira is the best. <3

He's just human, leave him alone.

Souda
Fri, 03-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by: jing

Yes SIR. i/expressions/beer.gif

jing
Fri, 03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by: Souda

Originally posted by: jing

Yes SIR.

was i that intimidating? lol
well anyway, i watch beck because he's a retarded boy lol. thats the good part.

stallionslayer
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
i guess it's really going to be 26 eps i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
i heard that there's gonna be a movie from another forum...
of course it could just be one of those typical official site thing, where they actually mean the preview

Lefty
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Ep 23 is out by shinsen. Go get it. Also go Pillows they play Rookie Jet when Koyuki is looking for Chiba. Though Thats not what they look like.

jimmymasaki
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:21 AM
i thought this was for the a-e releases??? neways so has a-e released from 18 onwards??? coz i can't seem to find them...

what's with one person calling koyuki a retard? well i have no idea what's happened in the last 5 eps or woteva, but far out he's so hardworking... he's PASSIONATE man! that's gotta be something you admire and not call retarded!!!!! but then again.. jing seems to have cleared it up eh... oh well

grumpy
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:01 AM
whao..i nv thought that koyuki was so brave to go on stage alone.... damn that sysuke, how could he say those words to chiba....im a fan of chiba man...he is a rap god...hehe...anyway...this series is very good, but feel sad it will be the end soon...i want more of it. heard the OST, some of the songs are nice...but some of the songs are not that nice compared to the anime's songs (exp: title: lil more than before by koyuki). well, i guess original works are not superb. oh yah, u guys got any lyrics for the OST? lyrics translation? wanna rap like chiba! .

PEACE!!!

jing
Mon, 03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
beck 24 is out by http://www.shinsen-subs.org
omggg this episode is kickass to the max!

by the way, shinsen translated chiba's rap (but the song wasn't long enough) if ur wondering grumpy, so you should look forward to this episode.

Lefty
Tue, 03-22-2005, 03:17 AM
I hate the fact that this series ends at ep 26. But I read the manga so, eh. I bet they'll pick this series back up a year down the line and finish it off.

grumpy
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:52 AM
i read alot of forums saying that the manga is actually better than the anime...is that for real? where can i get the manga? i thought the anime is better, cause manga doesn't produce sound and movements. any other sites i can get information about BECK? dude...their songs are awesome: especially the solo bass of SPICE OF LIFE and the DJ mixes of RELOADED...cool...is it possible to ask the author to continue the episodes?

grumpy
Tue, 03-22-2005, 12:54 PM
watched ep24. 2 more eps to go. Dont let this topic down buddies. 24 was good, they played almost every songs, but sad to say that they planned to break up the band after the Grateful Sounds. What a watse. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . They should've show the part when the blonde took off her bikini. haha! oh yeah Jing! in ep 24, chiba got shock when he met some people there, who were they? they look like idols to chiba, familiar faces...hmmm!!

Santah
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
they were from generation 69 (or something like that), his favourite band.

and the manga may not have sound, but it tells the story alot more effectively.

Roy Mustang
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: Santah
they were from generation 69 (or something like that), his favourite band.

and the manga may not have sound, but it tells the story alot more effectively.

I have to agree, while the anime is good, it tends to leave out parts that are in the manga. But that is to be expected because if they just did everything that was in the manga, it would lack effectiveness *can't think of the right words* x_x

Perfect examples of manga being better than the anime: Love Hina and Gundam Seed's manga are/were a lot better than the actual animes.

jing
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:30 PM
This anime would still be as good even without the music.

Mut
Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:19 PM
God dammit, I'm gonna have to watch this show just cuz Maho gives me a hardon.

jing
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
God dammit, I'm gonna have to watch this show just cuz Maho gives me a hardon.

wtf didnt u diss up this anime on irc =D

Mut
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Yup.

Such a shitty anime... but super hot girl... can't stop watching........................

Black ops
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
......The music is sweet.... I listen to it all the time in my car. LOL. Going through the street blasting Spice of Life out of the speakers. It was funny.

Mut
Mon, 04-25-2005, 04:57 PM
I couldn't be the only one who got a hardon during episode 9... I'll post some of my favorite screencaps later.

EDIT:

Pretty decent series, but worst ending ever. Maho doesn't get boned. Lame.

Munsu
Wed, 04-27-2005, 08:09 AM
go read the manga i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Santah
Fri, 04-29-2005, 03:36 AM
hehe not sure if I should post this or not because I'm not sure what sort of reaction it will get i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway...

I have to do a performance for my music class next week and I decided to do My World Down ( the ed song).

I just made a recording of my playing/singing it with my computer mic. You guys reakon it sounds alright?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/ajellery/Santah_-_My_World_Down.wma

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Actually, it sounds awesome, for being recorded with a computer mic, it sounds better than the original.

Probably one of the best cover songs I've ever heard.

And I was expecting a really crappy cover and having to say that it was a abomination of the music in Beck, but there's no need at all, awesome work. (just letting you know what I was expecting when I clicked on that link)

Mut
Fri, 04-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Here are some of my favorite Maho moments, as I promised...

Sup?-Maho.
http://img250.echo.cx/img250/8062/capture18gs.jpg
Innocent-Maho.
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/7145/capture7sq.jpg
Devious-Maho.
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/2817/capture22ie.jpg
Angry-but-sad-Maho.
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/1220/capture33zh.jpg
Eating-a-fat-doughnut-Maho.
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/9287/capture40gi.jpg
Swinging-coat-hanger-Maho.
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/664/capture56gv.jpg
Bikini-Maho.
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/770/capture64av.jpg
Ass-shot-Maho.
http://img188.echo.cx/img188/2776/capture76xv.jpg
Boobies-Maho.
http://img188.echo.cx/img188/6070/capture89xw.jpg
Happy-at-concert-Maho.
http://img188.echo.cx/img188/9105/capture91hw.jpg

That's all for now.

Santah
Sat, 04-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
Actually, it sounds awesome, for being recorded with a computer mic, it sounds better than the original.

Probably one of the best cover songs I've ever heard.

And I was expecting a really crappy cover and having to say that it was a abomination of the music in Beck, but there's no need at all, awesome work. (just letting you know what I was expecting when I clicked on that link)

Haha thanks, your post just made my day i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chronium
Thu, 05-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Check out my Beck fansite http://beckfan.co.nr I have lots of information and downloads on the manga and anime

Paithan
Mon, 07-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry for reviving a pretty much dead thread but i have been reading the manga lately and i decided to start watching the anime aswell. It seems like Beck was licensed though and Anime-Empire doesn't host it on their site anymore. I have found episode 13-26 by Shinsen, it's only one seed but it might work, does anyone know where i can find episode 1-13 or possibly 1-26?

/ Paith

Ps. I've checked out the site of the guy above me, the downloads section doesn't work.

seanos
Tue, 07-11-2006, 05:08 AM
Boxtorrents (http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=127408)