PDA

View Full Version : Anime for kids

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Im looking after anime for kids and im not talking about pokemon and stuff.

Im looking after an anime without action and dark story,adult stuff like breast.

Eurasian
Tue, 10-05-2004, 07:45 AM
pokemon...that was the only thing i had in mind...

YUGIOH!!!! whatever they r willing to show in the afternoon is approriate for kids.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Its for a friend who likes anime and wants his kid to like it to.

How is the hack.n sign or whats its called anime,the style looks like its for kids.

Mr.X
Tue, 10-05-2004, 09:09 AM
the only ones i can think of are the ones they show on american tv.
like shaman king, its good for kids cuz they are edited.

HimizujinEternia
Tue, 10-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Stuff for kids without any of that stuff?

You're probably going to want to turn to Shojou for that. Fruits Basket and Kodomo no Omocha are both very good and rather mild. Of course, since both are liscenced, you'd have to buy them (and Kodocha isn't even out yet! DAMN YOU FUNIMATION! RELEASE THE DVDS!)

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Slayers (all three seasons) is pretty good for kids, but not really young ones. You'll need to buy them too, being licensed for years.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 10-05-2004, 11:18 AM
D.N.Angel maybe... It's action in a none violent way i'd say... It's funny and very smoothly made. Great music by the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh, but it's about theifs doing their thing... Not quite like actual theifs, but still.

Aion
Tue, 10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
One Peice (FOX edit).

NM
Tue, 10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Rockman.EXE and I guess the english dub of it would work for kids. And Sonic X (Dub and Subs) would work as well. You can get those here (only the subs, obviously): Rockman.EXE And Sonic X (http://www.wpp-fansubs.com) Just click on their bittorrent section and you'll find the torrents for them.

SK
Tue, 10-05-2004, 02:10 PM
bible black is good for kids.

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
HAHAHA lol i wouldnt take kakashis advice or at least look into it first maybe he has some very mature kids.... but yeah id say yugioh or maybe the gundam wing series which you most likely have to buy.... aishiteru ze baby would be good for kids but prolly wouldnt hold their interest and there are a few mildly sexual scenes.... wow i dunno cuase most parents tend to have different views on what is to bad for their kids to see

thundrakkon
Tue, 10-05-2004, 04:35 PM
I was just reminded of Uninhabited Planet Survive from another thread. I have only seen about 2 episodes of it, but the theme seems fairly aimed towards kids. It doesn't look that bad, but I haven't seen the whole thing to give you an honest impression.

Kuske
Tue, 10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Full Moon Wo Sagashite is good for kids I think....

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Full moon wo sagashite would probably work for kids, I'd also suggest CLAMP school detectives, maybe Mythical Detective Loki, also Hayao Miyazaki films like kiki's delivery service, spirited away, my neighbor totoro. Hmm and also maybe Hikaru no Go and Prince of Tennis since they are about sports/games

Mr.X
Tue, 10-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
bible black is good for kids.

ROFL. man, dont try to trick him! thats hella evil!

Mae
Tue, 10-05-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree with with Shaman King as a good suggestion, althought it does have a little violence. You might also think of Risky Safety or Fruits Basket (some mild violence). Naruto of course. I think Ranma 1/2 would be good for kids. Yes, there is some nudity, but it is pretty innocent, and it is a very big event when characters so much as hold hands. It also does a good job exploring gender issues, which would be useful for kids and discussion and such. If I had kids I would let them see any of those.

Avoid Bible Black, avoid Narutaru, and even thought Revolutionary Girl Utena is made by the same group as Sailor Moon I wouldn't recommend it for those under 20. I'm not sure if I would let kids see FMA or not, I'd have to think about it. I think your best bet is to watch at least some of any show with them, so you know for sure.

Crows_Kill
Tue, 10-05-2004, 08:51 PM
anything by miyazaki is good for the whole family, regardless of age.
my kids favorites are kikis delivery service, my neighior totoro and spirited away.
only one little might want to keep away from would be princess momoke.
also great for kids is the stuff like the original macross/robotech releases, and the captain harlock sereies, more for little boys though. Naruto would be a good choice for boys too. the 2nd .hack series, legen of the twicghlight bracelet is ok for kids too.
girls alway slike the pretty snowfairy sugar type stuff or ufo princess. (horf)
also, final fantasy unlimited is ok for kids but the plot is really confusing unless your a fan of the games.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-06-2004, 01:40 AM
The kid in mind is 5 years old so i dont think Ranma and Naruto would work,Ranma litte nudity sometime,i have seen when my siblings watched it and Naruto has a lot of action and thing a 5 year old girl wouldnt understand.

I will tell the father of the 5 year old kid to test the animas you recomended before he shows them to the kid.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 10-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Maybe Silver Fang? Also known as Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin...

But surely anime is not suited for any five year old kid...

Maybe Fruits Basket. It's full of humour, morale values and is a good drama in general. Although some say it is mainly for girls... well heck, I don't care, it was fun as hell and very interesting.

Story if you don't know: It's about a girl who has been living in a tent since her parents both died. Her tent is placed on land that is owned by one big family... They don't discover that she is living there at first, but one day when she runs off to school she passes a house. There she finds a guy from school living. He doesn't care for girls at all and pushes people away a lot. But when he finds out where she is living, and after a landslide that destorys her tent, she starts to live with him and his brother...

She soon finds out the reason why they both keep away from girls... It's not becuase they are gays, no i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif It's becuase when they get hugged by a girl they turn into their year of zodiac animal...

No ecchi, no action, small fighting but only for fun and lots and lots of humour.

Edit: Or why not Hikaru No Go (altough that is way to deep to understand at such an age if he isn't a mastermind), he could enjoy Sai, he is funny as hell.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-06-2004, 05:10 AM
If 5 year old can watch pokemon which is the little girls fav anime i think there must other animes that suits her.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 10-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Well if you are looking for anime for a girl, I did mention Full moon wo Sagashite, of course Sailor Moon, Mermaid Melody PPP, Card Captor Sakura, many mahou shojou anime

animefreak
Thu, 10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
yea...Full Moon Wo Sagashite is a good anime for girl, and for guy would be konjiki no Gash Bell, is kinda like pokemon but except is not a creature.

hikaru004
Sat, 10-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Well testing only works if you are downloading it.

Some kid titles for this age are Di Gi Charat, Hello Kitty, Hamtaro and Nanami-chan. Alot of those other titles are too mature for a 5 year old. Card Captor Sakura is actually rated 13+, but Cardcaptors is rated for "all" ages.

A better way is for you to go to www.rightstuf.com. Do an advanced search utilizing the format of your choice and select "all" for age rating.

Assassin
Sat, 10-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Trigun....its funny and the kids will love Vash.

it gets a little more serious near the end of the series, but still, its definately a good one.