PDA

View Full Version : Viewtiful Joe

KameronFrye
Mon, 10-04-2004, 04:19 PM
The animation style is nice, clean look and all. Can't say much about the content, as I don't know the best of Japanese, but I recommend everyone give it a few episode chance. It'll be a 52 episode series, should nothing bad happen with it.

Munsu
Mon, 10-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Damn.. i ripped the opening and ending of the first episode...

The song is awesome... two of the best songs ive heard in a while in anime...

Opening - Brighter Side - Rio

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D5178501...779149E2D5EA5EC

for the opening

Ending - And You - Rio, Juno, Taichi

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0428B869...3148486F0FD6BF8

for the ending

those links will work for a limited time....

Also... if you can help me make out what they are saying in the english parts it would be appreciated

KameronFrye
Mon, 10-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Ill try watching it again when I get home...
Episode 2 is out raw, still no subs for it. Someone do this show, it's really sharp.

NM
Mon, 10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
The group, Fighting Magic released the Viewtiful Joe Promo. I wonder why they havent subbed VJ episode 1? I hope they didnt decide to drop it....If they did, I really hope someone picks this up. VJ was a really good Side-Scrolling game.

EDIT: I went to their website and it seems they're still doing it. Fighting Magic Website (http://www.sonicfighters.com/FightingMagic/)

tensai
Mon, 10-11-2004, 03:25 PM
cool
im really looking forward to see this since i have played this game before

i was wondering, is it based off the game or does it go in a different direction
either way is fine with me

damn, i still didnt beat the last boss - played him a couple of times, but i bought a new game before i could beat it
gotta finish that and then get the next game when it comes out

Knives122
Mon, 10-11-2004, 04:17 PM
I didnt get to see the ending b/c of the link expiring, but I cant wait till this show gets subbed b/c I was a big fan of the(didnt beat it either, got to the last part and then gave up) but im still watching the show none the less

nests
Mon, 10-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I didnt get to see the ending b/c of the link expiring, but I cant wait till this show gets subbed b/c I was a big fan of the(didnt beat it either, got to the last part and then gave up) but im still watching the show none the less

On what difficulty level are guys playing on, and if you are just plyaing it I supposed is on the PS2 the Gamecube version was actually harder.

Anyway I hope someone does sub this I have been looking foward to this one since it was annouce

Knives122
Mon, 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Actually I have it for Gamecube(bought it when it first came out) and on adult, I could get to the dark joe guy but then didnt have any lives yet by the time I got there and died, so thats why I gave up. But yeah GC is alot harder

tensai
Mon, 10-11-2004, 05:08 PM
i too hav and bought it when it first came out for gc
my little brother beat the game too (hes seven years younger than i am (7th grader)), so it shouldnt be too hard
ill beat the game when i have some free time

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 10-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Nyu's release of Viewtiful Joe ep 1 (http://www.lunchtrayninja.com/anime/torrent/%5bNyu%5d_Viewtiful_Joe_-_01.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Sun, 10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
if you wait a couple of days more a group will release VJ... higher quality... better subs... plus that torrent is not downloading at all right now

group #revquest in rizon

i already saw the QC version... it is very good... high quality.. so i suggest you wait for it

KameronFrye
Sun, 10-31-2004, 01:59 AM
It seems like a few episodes have ran raw... some groups actually wait for 4+ episodes to run to build the addiction. I like getting into a show after the first few episodes have ran, it's a good hit to be able to watch 3 or more episodes in a matter of days subbed. I've seen the first two raw, and I liked it alot. I need the subs to see what goes on, but it looks to follow somewhat to the storyline of the game. Basically, Joe has a movie hero and his g/f gets sucked into the movie. Joe follows along and is blessed with Viewtiful powers that make him a movie-styled hero. I'm sure it'll expand much deeper than the game was, considering it is going to be approximately 52 episodes. Lots to look forward to, though.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:10 AM
yeah downloading the Nyu sub. cant wait to watch it. i recently got my hands on they PS2 version. cos the GC version ran out of stock and all the stores didnt bother restocking GC games. so anyway the Adult Mode is hullava hard. i know this is strictly about the anime but how do u guys beat the Shark Boss. seem freakin impossible.

Munsu
Sun, 10-31-2004, 03:13 AM
let me know how the nyu version comes around... from what ive heard they sucked badly

NM
Sun, 10-31-2004, 08:14 AM
Well, its good to know that subs of VJ are actually coming out.

@Nara: To beat the Shark boss, you know those things that he spits out of his mouth? He spits out like 3 or 4 of them. After he spits them out, he's going to try and eat you. He'll go in the direction where you are. So to beat him, position yourself near the thing he spits out and when he bits the thing, it gets stuck in his mouth. Then Slo-mo or go Fast-mo on his ass!

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 10-31-2004, 10:58 AM
hah finished watching the anime. i was glad the tongue in cheek humour are still intact. i dont know jap so i dont really know how accurate the translation is but i do hope some famous subber taking this anime up.

i kinda figure that out the other day when he starts chewing on the sea mines he spat out. but to position yourself is the hardest part.

nests
Sun, 10-31-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
Well, its good to know that subs of VJ are actually coming out.

@Nara: To beat the Shark boss, you know those things that he spits out of his mouth? He spits out like 3 or 4 of them. After he spits them out, he's going to try and eat you. He'll go in the direction where you are. So to beat him, position yourself near the thing he spits out and when he bits the thing, it gets stuck in his mouth. Then Slo-mo or go Fast-mo on his ass!

Also try to hit him while the water level goes down you do double the damage that way.
Oh yeah very happy this is finally being subed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kuske
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:27 PM
This anime was actually pretty good and the opening and ending were awesome.

KameronFrye
Mon, 11-01-2004, 11:47 PM
The Nyu sub is basically speed sub quality. The raw is from Saiyaman, but doesn't look clean at all. The subbing was a little half-assed as well, but it's basic enough to understand what goes on in the show. No song karaoke, though.

tensai
Tue, 11-02-2004, 12:31 AM
the sub by nyu was pretty decent
it was their first time at subbing, so it might get better, maybe

the video quality sucked though, the translation was ok but it did miss some things

i hope to see more of this, its keeping with the game storyline pretty good, and adding some different things to keep if new

Munsu
Sat, 11-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Episode 1 out by revquest...

http://revquest.edwardk.info/Viewtiful_Joe_01_%5BRevQuest%5D_%5B90372C28%5D.tor rent

NM
Sat, 11-13-2004, 10:02 PM
The first episode was pretty sweet i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I didn't think they'd introduce all the baddies all at once but oh well, its all good. By the way, does anyone know where to get the intro to VJ? I know you posted it Bud, but the link isnt working anymore.

tensai
Sun, 11-14-2004, 12:24 AM
i like the second ep, though i wish the animation could be better and do better effects to his viewtiful moves

nests
Sun, 11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
They have the intro here (http://www.battledolls.com/new/default.asp?page=torrent) but you have to download it along with others

i like the second ep, though i wish the animation could be better and do better effects to his viewtiful moves
I totally agree but I think they were going for a comedy sort of thing here. I just hope that they do get better