PDA

View Full Version : ghost in the shell

tensai
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:43 PM
i know this anime/manga is old
but it seems interesting

ive watched the second movie in theatres with a friend, it looks cool and so does the game

i just wanted to know what the order the whole series/movies go in

this is what i had in mind

1st movie, then 26 ep anime series, 2nd season 52 ep, 2nd movie

can anyone give me more info on this series

TheEvil1
Sun, 10-03-2004, 02:01 AM
stand alone complex the series is onnly 52 eps total

26 1st gig and 26 in 2nd gig

Munsu
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:00 AM
apparently.. the two movies are like in some alternate universe of some sort (prequel and sequel of each other)

but i would recommend watching the first movie before anything else just to get the feel for the series... and then maybe rewatch the movie for more understanding

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 10-03-2004, 10:08 AM
^^ As said above, the series takes place in an alternate reality to the movie (still not seen the 2nd movie) - at least thats what it said on that 'special episode 0' thing from the first series...

If you haven't seen everything then yeah watch the first film first, and if you don't get it after a couple of times, d/l and read the manga (which goes into technical detail a bit too much for me but at least the story is easier to follow).

The manga surprised me considering how stoic the major is (and many of the other characters) in the 1st film and the series, and in the manga she's pulling faces and joking a lot more often and stuff (basically like characters from other Shirow mangas)...guess they wanted to remove that kinda stuff to make the animes more serious...

tensai
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:59 PM
thanks everyone

i saw some torrents on boxtorrents and there are different stuffs there

like different versions of the movie and specials
http://tracker.boxtorrents.com/browse.php?search=ghost&cat=0

-GITS - Tachikoma Special - Season 1
-Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - 1st GIG (TV) (new)

i was wondering which version is better to get of the movie

-Ghost in the shell (divx) Widescreen (dubbed)
-Ghost in the Shell (Dual Audio)

im currently dling the series

edit: what is GITS - Tachikoma Special - Season 1, the info given at box is kinda confusing