PDA

View Full Version : Audio codecs

mitsui
Sat, 10-02-2004, 01:50 PM
hi guys, could someone help me with my problem?

i'm having difficulty playing an anime avi which i just finished downloading yesterday... there is no sound, only video. i used Gspot to identify the codec needed to play the audio or sound of the file; and it appears that the codec needed is Mpeg layer-3 audio codec, which i have installed in my computer, but the problem is no sound is coming out when i watch it. i also have AC3 and AAC installed in my machine.

What do i need to do? is there still anything i need to install to make it work? anybody?

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I just use DIVX Codec and everything runs just fine on naruto, ect.

www.divx.com

mitsui
Sun, 10-03-2004, 04:40 AM
by the way i also have the latest DivX, 3ivx and XviD codecs. The problem is there is no sound, only video..

help...?

stos289
Sun, 10-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok, here's what you should do. First, open up the file with Divx Player. Then, some error should appear, saying there is a missing tag/codec. If you could tell me which tag you are missing, then I can show you where to get it. Hope I could help.

mitsui
Tue, 10-05-2004, 12:06 PM
ok, i followed your instruction. i played the video using DivX player; then before the video an error showed up and it said :

" This file contains unknown audio data
The video file you are openning includes audio data that is not recognized by the DivX Player.

The file contains the following type of data:
Audio Data : Tag85
"

It has 2 options : Stop playback or play the video only

as i played it obviously no sound is present, only video. After that i checked the needed codec with Gspot and shortly after i installed the audio codec Mpeg Layer-3 Tag 85 in my machine; then tried playing the video again, but still no success.

pls help me....? did i installed the right audio codec? what do i need to do?

Jman
Tue, 10-05-2004, 06:10 PM
maybe you ought to try un-installing the audio codecs you have then installing them again as they might be in conflict with the previous codecs installed.

Elite Hentai
Wed, 10-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Don't forget to reboot your computer before reinstalling new codecs, because the computer needs that to delete the remaining files. When I didn't do that, the codecs couldn't be installed properly.