PDA

View Full Version : The Army

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Are you going to attend it? If so, what duty? If not, why?

I'm going to be a technics group COMMANDER in the other side of the country, I have to go by plane to get there i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif COMMANDER! I will have underlings. Just like here i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

r3n
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:15 AM
lol dont join the army, especially not the american army, you'll get sent somewhere where ppl dont like you. oh wait, thats anywhere outside the US!

jing
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: r3n
lol dont join the army, especially not the american army, you'll get sent somewhere where ppl dont like you. oh wait, thats anywhere outside the US!

LOL

if i do join, i want to be a guy that presses buttons and kill ppl.

G-Pong
Sat, 10-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Well I thought about the army. Dad said "Son you're fucking high."

r3n
Sat, 10-02-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah with a president like bush ull get sent somewhere within the next five years to go blow up some innocents for oil. so, ur conscience wont be very clean. but have fun!

</anti american rant>

basey44
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:21 AM
ah ha sucks to be you, man australia is soooo cool, we can jsutu sit back and eb lazy

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 10-02-2004, 12:34 PM
screw the army, only reason some people do join is that they think their taking advantage of the army but in reality its the army taking advantage of them

Kakafosha
Sat, 10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: jing

LOL

if i do join, i want to be a guy that presses buttons and kill ppl.

some navy recruiter came up to me because my dumbass friend made eye contact. he was talking about how he's safe and crap on the ship because all he has to do is press a button to kill people. i was very impressed because no stupid button was going to help him from me beating his ass if he didnt let me finish my lunch. and thats the story of how i was president of africa.

now, back on topic. the military lifestyle isnt something i'd like to do. i used to consider joining the army or some other military branch but then a lot of things changed my mind. i dont really like to be bitched around or babied by people telling me what to eat, sleep, and what to do. i've learned a lot about the army and the most important thing i've learned was i dont want to ever joined that crap.

Xollence
Sat, 10-02-2004, 03:23 PM
No real reason to join the army unless you're desperate or you want to go kill people.

SK
Sat, 10-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
No real reason to join the army unless you're desperate or you want to go kill people.

are you a fucking idiot? how about the defense of your loved ones and patriotism?
id like to join the navy or the marines, signing up once im 17.

Assassin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 04:30 PM
hey terra, does ur hair have a rank as well? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

Originally posted by: Xollence

are you a fucking idiot? how about the defense of your loved ones and patriotism?
id like to join the navy or the marines, signing up once im 17.

me thinks you're the fucking idiot. why put your life on the line for others that wont do it for you? plus armies dont kill ppl, clever scientists who invent A-bombs do.

heres a shock for you SK, the biggest reason why ppl join the army is......COS OF THE MONEY. even if they say otherwise... theyre liars.

and you're signing up to the army when ur 17? are you just a hick or something? jeez go to college/uni, get EDUCATED

Knives122
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank you someone finally said it, the army is nothing but a tool of the gov. to inflict their vision on the world, and Kakashi Im 17 and you dont see me joining up for the war or the money Why would anyone even have a desire to kill other people(doesnt matter who they are), its wrong all around and shouldnt be done

And lets say you were too oh I dont know DIE, what do your family members and friends get for your so called "heroic death" nothing, just memories and woe. If you join the army your stupid(and thats to everyone).

jing
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Thank you someone finally said it, the army is nothing but a tool of the gov. to inflict their vision on the world, and Kakashi Im 17 and you dont see me joining up for the war or the money Why would anyone even have a desire to kill other people(doesnt matter who they are), its wrong all around and shouldnt be done

And lets say you were too oh I dont know DIE, what do your family members and friends get for your so called "heroic death" nothing, just memories and woe. If you join the army your stupid(and thats to everyone).

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it. Right now you're just talking so easy and simple because your not the one out there protecting people. Instead, your sitting you're ass and saying it is all stupid because they are trying to defend your piece of shit life.

Joining the army doesn't necessarily mean killing people. You might be forced to, but that isn't the whole point of an army.

r3n
Sat, 10-02-2004, 06:25 PM
no, you can join the army to go into research, admin, medical, or thousands of other jobs. but not without grades at uni and college before hand. the only thing youre going to be able to do if you go at 17 is become a grunt, and probably get blown to pieces by a suicide bomber in some middle eastern country.

so, with that said; have fun sk! hope its cracked up to be all you expected, and i hope your family feels a lot safer in the knowledge that its likely you might die anyday!

Deblas
Sat, 10-02-2004, 06:43 PM
whats so fun about risking your life and killing

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 06:47 PM
no, you can join the army to go into research, admin, medical, or thousands of other jobs. but not without grades at uni and college before hand. the only thing youre going to be able to do if you go at 17 is become a grunt, and probably get blown to pieces by a suicide bomber in some middle eastern country.

so, with that said; have fun sk! hope its cracked up to be all you expected, and i hope your family feels a lot safer in the knowledge that its likely you might die anyday!

Not true, I have friends that signed up with the Air Force. When you sign up, they have you take a test. Depending on how well you do in certain areas, decides whether you go to their tech school (after basic), or whether you end up being a so-called "grunt." Both of the people I know that signed up with the air force, did well enough to be placed into their tech-school, without any previous education past that of High School.

Onto the subject of whether joining the Air Force, Navy, or Army is a just cause, I would have to say it most definately is. These people are out there, putting their lives on the line daily so that you can sit on your ass, and type messages against them. That's called freedom. They don't care that you're against them, they're fighting for a country they believe in. You may not like President Bush, you may think that the war in Iraq was just for oil, something I personally don't believe, but don't bad mouth the armed forces while you sit safely at home, reaping the benefits of what they put their lives on the line for daily.

To the people that looks down on the Navy because they supposedly just "push a button" and kill people, take a closer look. Who do you think pilots our submarines, which are always in danger during a war due to other submarines. If an enemy decides on doing an air strike, do you think you're going to be safe on a boat? No, your boat can come under enemy fire, just like land-based troops can. The men and women in the Navy put their lives on the line, and for people to look down on them, and just say that they "push a button" and kill people, sickens me.

(edit) Oh, and r3n, the fact that suicide bombers exist is one of the reasons we need armed forces. If we weren't there to stop most of them, there would be a lot more civilian casualties than there are now.

hiddenpookie
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:27 PM
if u have a diploma and ur in shape .. ur going to have a very high rank in the army.
if i do get in the army all be the comp technician or something lol

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Ehh... so is Sweden the only country in which army is actually obligatory if they need your abilities? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Depends on what you mean when you say "need your abilities." The US, though it has not been used in a very long time, has the ability to instate a draft, which basically makes the army mandatory for some. This is used only when our forces are signifigantly depleted, and is never looked upon well.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Every swede must when he turns 18 attend some kind of military evaluation where they check your intelligence, physique etc. If they have a spot in the country where you are needed then you're sent there. If they don't have any use for you, i.e if you are a fat stupid guy for example, you may skip it.

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Ah, for us in the US, when you turn 18, you have to go register for the draft. That basically just means filling out some paperwork. It's so that if there is a draft, they know who's available. A lot of people just sign up for the military or go to ROTC (reserve officer training camp) in college. If you sign up for ROTC, and have them pay for your college, there is a X-year long (don't know exactly how long, I think maybe 4?) comittment, but you join as a comissioned officer.

shinichi69
Sat, 10-02-2004, 08:26 PM
hmm... i guess you guys are somewhat lucky...you guys have a choice... in singapore all healthy males must go through NS when they are 18... its compulsory...

Assassin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 08:34 PM
(edit) Oh, and r3n, the fact that suicide bombers exist is one of the reasons we need armed forces. If we weren't there to stop most of them, there would be a lot more civilian casualties than there are now.

to be completely honest, the only suicide bombing i know of happen in the occupied areas or palestine, and there are no american or other armed forces tehre. only the isreali army, which is y the bombings happen in the first place.

i dont wanna start some stupid political discussion, so if someone doesnt' agree with me, plz refrain from flamming and/or typing lengthy msgs explaining how i dont know what im talking about.

joker-kun
Sat, 10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah with a president like bush ull get sent somewhere within the next five years to go blow up some innocents for oil. so, ur conscience wont be very clean. but have fun!

</anti american rant>

r3n I am Canadian, but I never knew you were such an idiot.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Ehh... so is Sweden the only country in which army is actually obligatory if they need your abilities?

No, don't think so, Korea has something similar.. all males have to go into the army after graduating college or after high school if they don't go to college.. it has something to do with north korea and needing protection

[this is what my friend told me, because her brother was supposed to go and if not they had to pay thousands of dollars (even though they lived in the US) ..lucky didn't have to since they eventually got a green card.]

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin

to be completely honest, the only suicide bombing i know of happen in the occupied areas or palestine, and there are no american or other armed forces tehre. only the isreali army, which is y the bombings happen in the first place.

i dont wanna start some stupid political discussion, so if someone doesnt' agree with me, plz refrain from flamming and/or typing lengthy msgs explaining how i dont know what im talking about.

I'm not going to type a lengthy message, or flame you. But, I will say that there are suicide bombers in other areas.

SK
Sat, 10-02-2004, 10:20 PM
you have your opinions and i have mine, no need to try and flame me.
i think the military is an honorable career, and newsflash, you can take college courses in the military. and no, im not a hick, where the fuck you get that from?
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative22.jpg

KitKat
Sun, 10-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I have some friends who are in the Canadian army. It's actually a pretty good deal because the army will pay for your university education. Plus, Canada isn't involved in many serious conflicts, so it's one of the safer countries to join the army (not counting accidental injury from outdated equipment due to lack of government funding). Also the Canadian army is involved in a lot of humanitarian efforts, such as disaster relief. I wouldn't join myself, and I don't agree with everything they do, but a lot of what they do is helpful and beneficial.

Oh, and in Azerbaijan military service is compulsory as well. Each guy has to serve for one year, unless he has some disability, or enough money to bribe his way out.

Assertn
Sun, 10-03-2004, 09:54 PM
armies dont kill ppl, clever scientists who invent A-bombs do.
you do realize, that einstein wasnt from america, right?

and yeah, r3n is one of those media blinded tree huggers that dont really know how to look through the perspectives of people other than himself

Jakins
Mon, 10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
All I'm gonna say is that its not for me.
But from family experience (eldest brother, grandad) its a solid career. Just make sure you get comissioned as an officer, so they will pay you tons of money, send you around the world, even if sometimes that involves zones of conflict but hey you just get payed even more. You can get on to courses throughout ur stay in the army, and at the end you get a nice big thankyou cheque and a fat pension at the sweet age of 45 (if you've no desire to go above colonel that is). You just have to put up with the initial few years of shit a the start. How many other jobs can u think of that give you as much? Bet there aren't many.