PDA

View Full Version : The ADV conspiracy!

Minako-chan
Fri, 10-01-2004, 05:16 PM
First of all, don't ask how I got ahold of this DVD before the release date, but I did not do it illegally.

The AonE PMK Intro Credits:
http://img72.exs.cx/img72/546/snapshot20041001232520.jpg

The ADV PMK Intro Credits:
http://ksabatka.home.bresnan.net/pmkcredit.png

Very weird close resemblance, ne?

Munsu
Fri, 10-01-2004, 05:24 PM
yeah... those fonts are awefully similar and i dare to say that the picture of animeone looks even better than the dvd quality one (dont know if that has to do with the source or the quality of the picture itself)

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 10-02-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't get it, what are you saying should look similar?

The font? I don't see the resemblence. Check out any of the characters that appear in both the Animeone and the ADV text. 'a', 'k', and 'y' all very different. The 'e' are mildly similar, but its a stretch to say that ADV is copying off of Animeone just because of that.

The typesetting? The ADV release seems to be mirroring the Japanese release, not the placement of Animeone's text.

GLS
Sat, 10-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
yeah... those fonts are awefully similar and i dare to say that the picture of animeone looks even better than the dvd quality one (dont know if that has to do with the source or the quality of the picture itself)

I agree. The background and lighting effects are noticeably different. But the again, its not EXACTLY the same pose. Look at her eye on the right (left eye)

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 10-03-2004, 09:18 AM
The anime hasn't been edited, and I seriously doubt that AonE did the lighting and pose that you're referring to. The reason that they look slightly different in that respect is that they are a split-second off in timing. Its difficult to get a screenshot from two different releases at the exact same time. Its possible that ADV also had their text come in at a split-second earlier/later.

Minako-chan
Wed, 10-06-2004, 07:47 AM
I only said there was a close resemblance in the fonts dammit. That doesn't fucking mean that you tear the fonts to fucking pieces.