PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 103 Discussion

Kagari
Thu, 09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Ah, what a great episode...Naruto's a chuunin? Sounds good to me! Im suprised they didn't have a ceremony introducing all the genins who became chuunins...I'm sure Naruto wasn't the only one. Maybe we'll hear about it later on.

We got to see the mist nins do some damage, that oil rain jutsu / fire bolt was a pretty cool combo....lucky....and Sakura was actually REALLY badass....double lucky...

sasuke-kun!!
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
This is getting fairly interesting for a filler saga. I'm pretty certain Naruto is not a chuunin. Cmon, Naruto?? He may have kyuubi but he's not smart enuff to become a chuunin. Thats just something funky with AH's translation.
That Sakura scene was pretty cool but completely out of nowhere. How can she be strong all of a sudden out of nowhere. I mean she's just a cheerleader, she doesnt care about training or being a ninja she just wants to be near Sasuke.

Boogster
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Naruto isn't a chuunin, as far as I could deduce.
What I thought was most interesting was the 'Apparently Sakura has been trained by Tsunade' subtitle. She even appeared to do something. Perhaps, at last, we will be able to appreciate the reason for her inclusion in the series at all.

glitched
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:20 PM
didnt naruto just say he survieved (and won) the chuunin exam? yeah i dont think the judge passed him on to chuunin (shika was supposed to be the only one) just that he won his battle in the chuunin exam.

but then again he did go and "defeat" gaara, so maybe they did make him chuunin after that, dunno kishi leaves so many question unanswered in his series doesnt he?

micky
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm quite surprised to see people liking this, usually the first few posts are all incredibly harsh. I believe the topics covered could be good but I just didn't like how they were covered, the fights didn't seem to be fluid and neither did most of the conversations. The flashbacks were a bit awkward to me aswell. Although there was quite a bit of running and fighting in this ep it just seemed to be slow, maybe its just the frame of mind im in at the momment but to me this episode was severely lacking.

Masamune
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
meh....

big change in series.
sakura did something.

Danik
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Not as bad as I tought it would be, that Sakura scene where she grabs the pole was a little too much, I mean if Tsunade was busy with the Lee operation there was no way she could train her.

Jessper
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:21 PM
That note saying that she was training under tsunade was put in by AH not part of the series as far as I can tell, the note seemed more like it was to be funny..............

It had a good idea but it doesn't seem like they worked much on it giving it a poor quality(the anime not the translation) like micky said, not real fluid and awkward.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I liked it.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:30 PM
What the hell is happening?

I haven't seen the episode yet but just by reading your posts my mind is boggled. When the hell did sakura train with tsunande. It's something everyone is expecting and hoping to see but it hasn't happened. Sure as hell NEVER happened in the manga. What naruto is a chuunin? when did that happen to? Is it just bad translation. Only one person becomes a chuunin and if you haven't figured it out by now then I recommend that you rewatch episode 64 and 98.

I can't beleive this. Useless filler arcs are one thing but the damn people who do the anime are screwing with the core storyline. I really hope that these "creative interpretations" have Kishimoto's stamp of approval. Oh and for the gotwoot gestapo who will probably yell at me for revealing spoilers from the manga. I really don't think that telling people who watch the anime about what DOESN'T happen in the manga will ruin their viewing experience.

"Oh spoiler alert spoiler alert" naruto suddenly learns that the atsuki is searching for powerful monster ninja battle trading cards. If they collect all of the ninja battle cards then ambigous evil darkness will reign over all of mankind. Naruto and his friends then engage in a desperate search to collect the special monster ninja cards which he must use in a super ninja card battle to defeat itachi and the atsuki organization. We to can also collect and purchase these super cool ninja card battling cards at our local retaliers. The more we buy the more we help naruto fight the atsuki.

tri-sapphire
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Relax. Remember, Anime-Heaven quick subbed this one.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:56 PM
I hope your right. Usually don't download two subs but this time I think I might make and exception and see how the guys at anbu interpret it.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:58 PM
At the end it said the next episode will air Oct. 13. That sucks. I wonder what they're doing next week.

tri-sapphire
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:58 PM
I usually just wait for ANBU, which should be out sometime tomorrow.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:59 PM
I just checked. Episode 104 marks the beginning of a new season, which explains the delay.

dbesing
Thu, 09-30-2004, 02:21 PM
eh sakura probably did it just to impress sasuke <.<;

and yeah that note about her training is a fake just to bring up the question did she suddenly start training, which i doubt, wonder if she used her chakra to make herself temporally stronger eh

oh its either that or the boat really really sucked and was weak

?igma
Thu, 09-30-2004, 02:25 PM
it was gay, women are not supposed to be physically strong.. Well.. as long as it does not show ..maybe..

They will probably explain by saying it was inner sakura later on.. (as such the expressions on her face)

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-30-2004, 02:27 PM
One thing that I find interesting with Naruto fillers is that the anime staff takes old characters that nobody (well, nobody except Kagari) remembers and brings 'em back. Same with Morino Ibiki, he's about as important for the plot as the guys who got thrown out of the first Chuunin exam. By putting him in as the long lost brother of this new obnoxious idiot Idate, everything suddenly becomes more interesting.

Man, Idate truly is one stupid fuck. "YOU'LL USE ME AS A DECOY!"

Damn right they should, I know I would. I hate him. His flashbacks are just corny too. As someone said, his character is very awkward and downright annoying. You'd think he'd be more disciplined with Ibiki as a brother...

I am sure next time we'll find out that the mysterious green-haired bishounen ninja put on that fire that Idate thought killed Ibiki.

Oh and Naruto is not a chuunin.

Finally, the Sakura thing was pretty weird aswell. Funny comment by AH though...

JKD
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I just checked. Episode 104 marks the beginning of a new season, which explains the delay.

Does this mean that we're finally going to be back on track??

jing
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by: JKD

Just shut up. Anime watchers don't need to care if they are on track or not. it is character development for them.

it means there will be new intro i think.

JKD
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Just shut up. Anime watchers don't need to care if they are on track or not. it is character development for them.

it means there will be new intro i think.

Ok? you must be dumb because there has been numerous complaints about the anime not being on track.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, this race thing isn't over yet, so MOST LIKELY episode 104 will pick up from where episode 103 left off.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:54 PM
this episode was tolerable, but i am VERY interested to find out where the hell Sakura's strength came from.

?igma
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:55 PM
yeah , that was my thought as well.. DUHHHHHHhhhhhhhh

I still dislike your LAME avatar + sig.. Really, whats with the uglyness ._.

Renbo
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:58 PM
One thing is for sure - Sakura is really good at catching kunai's with her body i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Moogleking
Thu, 09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Wow, people sure go crazy over a few little things.

1. Naruto THINKS he is a chuunin. He isn't really. Their team has not been told who became one. He only thinks he is because he won a battle. Notice, Naruto says it when he's bragging about how great he is.

2. About Sakura. I thought it was pretty funny, and it leaves it open for development later. It definitely wasn't a serious part.

DrunkPotHead
Thu, 09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
OMG! Sakura was actually useful!

ZakuHan
Thu, 09-30-2004, 04:57 PM
This whole series is seperate from the regular Naruto, so after the race it will most likely go back on track and things will be how they were (nobody will talk about the event and Sakura will go back to being a lump).

Anyway I'm interested in seeing them fight with Kagari and his groupies again, they seem to have improved since the last bout and come up with some new stuff (the double genjutsu, for example).

Rek
Thu, 09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
the use of a cross bow is rather nice too.... and I like how they can juwt cast off some capes and be normal....

JKD
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:12 PM
I like that Black Rain technique

Jessper
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok? you must be dumb because there has been numerous complaints about the anime not being on track.

No, you must be dumb, this is what we call the anime forum, go complain about the anime not being on track in the open forum or the manga forum, thats 2 forums for you to complain in and not bother us about things that arn't in the anime. M'kay???

VVVVVVVVVVVV

You come off sounding like you were complaining then you backed your self up saying other people complained alot so it made it sound like you were, sorry if I mistook it.

Dropping...............

JKD
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper

No, you must be dumb, this is what we call the anime forum, go complain about the anime not being on track in the open forum or the manga forum, thats 2 forums for you to complain in and not bother us about things that arn't in the anime. M'kay???

I wasn't complaining in the first place so I don't know why you are trying to say anything. And it was just a simple question of curiosity. The last time I checked "Does this mean that the anime will be back on track??" isn't a complaint. Also, I don't want to start a big argument so if it's ok with you can we just drop it?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Man I hate that 'Lucky' guy... I wish Sasuke would just chidori him... he's the most saddest git ever to appear on a cartoon show and he deserves to die a horrible death.

The we can see lovely red rain.... mmm yes.....

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
oh man that was like a million times better than i expected TBH. but like a lot of people when sakura picked up that mast i was like WTF!!! but surly sakura having perfect chakra control and increased strength shouldnt she have just fucking picked idate up and RAN to the shore? i mean it would make more sense, leave naruto and sasuke to deal with the only (as far as they know) threat and allow idate to continue ahead WITH the protection of sakura?

i think the arc redeemed itself soooo much by adding these three guys in a well as the mourino link. wich iam SOOOO surprised some boffin didnt pick up on ya know?

r3n
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:00 PM
worst episode ever.

sakura SUDDENLY showed shes useful. i mean cmon, its only taken her what, 102 episodes to get her courage up to help naruto and sasgay. why the fuck did team7 get back together, its jst boring when its them 3, get this stupid filler story arc over with and back onto the same storyline as the manga. atleast theyve got decent scriptors. a five year old could have written a better script for this ep. the "camera" was jumping all over the place and everything was thrown in far too quickly. the bit with the clones was jst confusing and stupid. first theyre on the boat, next theyre on their own boat, next some oil starts pouring from nowhere because of some technique which doesnt even make sense. ITS BULLSHIT. naruto is seriously going down hill with this ep out, fucking fire the guy who wrote this arc and get back to the decent action.

oh and also, wtf was with that shit about naruto becoming a chuunin. nice time to tell us. since when has any senior shinobe awarded him that rank. he won his match, which doesnt mean hes a chuunin as they said before the final round of the chuunin exam. then this shit with the 3 illusionary ninjas showing up. way to be creative. bring back the most boring ninja team from the chuunin exam, then make them do stupid stuff. since when have ninjas used X-bows in naruto? they jst keep adding shit to try and make the story flow. hopefully sakura will die along side this annoying idate guy, who looks too similar to sasgay for comfort (he even has those gay leg warmers), and they can go back to konoha and get on with the proper storyline.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:06 PM
how is it bullshit. the people on the boat were water clones, the oil came from a technique an the script was pretty neat the way they tied it to past happenings.

r3n
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:22 PM
it was all far too rushed and they were obviously trying to cram as much as possible into 1 ep. and sasgay says "theyre hiding in the water clones" then they appear back on their boat later on without us being shown them moving or anything. the oil was stupid. it didnt even show you where it was coming from it jst started to come down, then 2 seconds later you can see a clear sky above the boat, and the bits with the chuunin exam, sakura, and the Xbow are still complete flaws and make the ep crappy and unenjoyable.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:29 PM
how is the bit with the cross bow a flaw? also its a jutsu! where the hell do all the tree trunks come from!!

aznj50
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:09 PM
this episode was tight finally the end to fillers. Naruto is not a chunin you can't trust anime-heaven subbing.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
I would think there is a ceremony or something similar proving Naruto is a Chuunin then to just say he is in a filler, and that Sakura past, was just dumb, I really agree with r3n about having her be useless for 102 episodes and then all of a sudden she can do that, and I have to say what was up with Sasuke just standing there when he activated his Sharingan (thought he looked weird too) and was just telling Naruto stuff...usually Sasuke fights.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
uhhhh mate this ep was filler. the whole arc is filler.

Kakafosha
Thu, 09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
i dont really mind the "arc filler", once the series gets back on track and its done very well i'll be happy. as far as the story is going, i watched a-h 103 at my friends house and when it got to the scene where sakura got all crazy strong it said at the top something about tsunade training her or some crap. from what im seeing the naruto, sasuke, and sakura are very similiar to the jiraiya, tsunade, and orochimaru team. unlike shikamarus team where they all resemble their parents, narutos team has no parents to compare their skills too. so most of their techniques and stuff will mainly be coming from the sannins. as for sasuke, how is he related to orochimaru you say? the curse seal oro gave him.

im actually seeing some progress in the story, the scene with sakura, it just goes to show you that a lot more surprises are going to come a long with all the other characters as well and i for one am very anxious to see them progress their skills.

last thing i'd like to comment on is...the "lucky team" (hehe, which i like to call them), the guy this time said "double lucky" hahahaha....cuz its his 2nd time on the show again, he's just happy to be back...hehehe

Board of Command
Thu, 09-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma
yeah , that was my thought as well.. DUHHHHHHhhhhhhhh

I still dislike your LAME avatar + sig.. Really, whats with the uglyness ._.
Never diss my avatar & sig. They're godly. Go to www.ugoff.com (http://www.ugoff.com) to get enlightened. MAKE SURE TO CLICK AROUND. And my sig...it speaks for itself.

The team-resemblance idea is alright, but the "Sakura training under Tsunade" part was just a sarcastic note. There was no evidence of it, so how would A-H know?

One last thing. The queer green-hair guy talks like he's all strong. Maybe we'll see another big fight after they rape those gay oxygen mask guys.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-30-2004, 10:46 PM
actually it was better than i expected. but the art wasn't that good. who's drawing it? the japanese or koreans??

i think they got too many complaints about sakura being weak so they HAD to add that part in. that battle was ok, imo. it's good to see new techniques tho.

yah, i can't wait for them to go back to the manga.

CUE
Thu, 09-30-2004, 11:44 PM
...this is the worst arc, ever.

Cmon, how could you like it? Idate is about the most predictable character ever, they essentially just stole his background from Haku. He hates ninjas because his brother was a ninja he thought died, so emotional, by the end of the arc him and naruto will form some fucking gay bond.

And why are they running like fucking retards? Seriously, I don't think I've seen ANYONE run with their arms like that. Cmon.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Idate hates ninjas, yet he runs like them and uses techniques like them repeatedly.

I say Idate is a hypocrite, death sentence!

Aeon
Fri, 10-01-2004, 12:03 AM
I just watched the ep, It would have been better if they showed Sakura mold chakra to her arms and hands instead of just releasing Inner Sakura. The preview for the next ep shows Idate with a leaf forehead protector. Does that make him a runaway ninja since he isn't there anymorei/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Kakafosha
Fri, 10-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: CUE
...this is the worst arc, ever.

Cmon, how could you like it? Idate is about the most predictable character ever, they essentially just stole his background from Haku. He hates ninjas because his brother was a ninja he thought died, so emotional, by the end of the arc him and naruto will form some fucking gay bond.

And why are they running like fucking retards? Seriously, I don't think I've seen ANYONE run with their arms like that. Cmon.

ahaha, yea, i was watching the 4 of them running and i thought that was really lame how they have their arms flying stiff behind them. its things like this that make you say to yourself, "wtf?..."

Inazuma Kami
Fri, 10-01-2004, 07:40 AM
SAkura is getting ... strong ? *Faint*

chambers
Fri, 10-01-2004, 08:02 AM
all the people in naruto run that way and idates past is comparable to hakus on the same level that zaku's is. in fact less so because it hasnt been revealed if jirochu(sp?) is even a ninja yet. he may not be the one who trained idate, also haku never hated ninjas, and also nothign abotu the fate of idates family has been revealed only his brother who is in fact still alive. so id say they were quite diffrent TBH

fremeer
Fri, 10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
heheh saw the episode.
stupid naruto thought he was a chuunin, it's obvious he isnt because he would've been put up by now.
AH just added that little thing make a joke, and i cant believe how much liberty the anime team is taking in the show.
finally why would the bloody gennin cause trouble to sasuke and naruto since both are MUCH stronger then before, naruto more so.
i want to see naruto perform rasengan in front of sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LostAngel
Fri, 10-01-2004, 10:15 AM
I guess this episode was an improvement but there where a lot of things I didn't like. Naruto becoming a Chuunin and there was no episode to show who and who didn't become one. So doesn't that mean that Sasuke is one too? The Chuunin Exams didn't finish so I can't see how anyone became one. I am hoping that was just like a translation thing and he was just commenting that he made it to the final section and won a the fight other than becoming an official Chuunin.

Sakura out of the blue strength was a bit much. I mean, where and when and by who did she learn to become that strong. We see Naruto or Sasuke pull out some super strength least we know that each of them had been trained by someone powerful. Sakura just gets it out of the blue. I am happy though that she finally became useful. It was annoying to have a main character useless for so long.

At the end when Naruto was talking about the next episode, he said so he was a bad guy and doesn't matter anymore. So maybe Idate had something to do with his older brother getting tortured like he did or something so he decided he would hate ninjas and ran away. Only part I liked about this episode really was the link with them being brothers.

Assassin
Fri, 10-01-2004, 10:25 AM
ok, heres a few facts so ppl dont say idiotic tihngs anymore....

Fact: Naruto is NOT a chuunin. Infact, NOBODY is yet. it doesn't matter what you think, or how many hints they've given, until somebody in the anime actually *SAY's* that so and so are chuunins, we consider them to be genins

Fact: Sakura DID NOT train under Tsunade. It was was just a sarcastic note put in by AH. Learn to read!

Fact: This "Filler" saga is an official part of the anime. anything that happens automatically becomes officia. Just because its not in the manga doesn't mean its not real.

Fact: "Anime only" fans dont care (for the most part) about the filler arc, nor are we desperate about the anime getting "back to the manga story line". We dont know the manga storyline anyway, so we dont give a fuck. its all new stuff to us. if you dont like the ep, thats fine, but stop complaining that u want to get back to the manga storyline. we have the Open Discussion forum for that.

Now, as for this ep, i thought it was good. i liked how they'v introduced some twists like the relation to ibiki, and how the "lucky" ninjas have returned. but i agree that idate is fucked up. hes a little panzy. and is he supposed to be from konoha? his character is a mix of haku and that little runt from the zabuza arc which is kind of lame, cuz both things have been done already.

SilentSnake
Fri, 10-01-2004, 11:44 AM
well... in FACT Shikamaru is a chunnin... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

they've showed him in chuunin jacket, they showed him going on chuunin promotion "ceremony" (if we can put it that way i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ) in ep where he's met tsunade first time with his dad.

naruto is just naive and he may THINK that he's a chunnin but he's not, it's disturbing that sasuke didn't laugh him off, especially when sasuke was called a chunnin by genma when he had to go after gaara (well not exactly A chunnin, but he said "u're already on chunnin lvl, go get him bro" i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

back on topic:

this filler arc sucks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

further comment is not needed...

ps. sakura on steroids ??!! wtf ??!! :X

Rek
Fri, 10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
but look at how young he was? He's an acadamy student at best (his very base jutsus, running styles, horrid kunai handling ect.) and he doesn't really remind me of haku, except for the snow...

he really is more like sasuke (familly of ninjas, thot he was the only one left) except instead of getting stronger because of it, he gets weaker.

I just really hope they don't try to bring him back to konoha to become a full time ninja

Board of Command
Fri, 10-01-2004, 12:32 PM
All Naruto characters run like that. You should've known by now.

SeifeR
Fri, 10-01-2004, 01:41 PM
LOL Sakura goin apeshit and lifting that huge pole made my day.
I dont mind these episodes, this one was entertaining.

CUE
Fri, 10-01-2004, 03:42 PM

..no they don't. Only time this entire series I've seen them run like that is orochimaru and.. zabuza. That was after they both of them couldn't use their arms.

Maybe kabuto, but he's fucking queer.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-01-2004, 04:01 PM
No I'm pretty sure they always run like that. Either I'm confused or you're just forgetting some parts. Meh, w/e.

Assassin
Fri, 10-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: SilentSnake
well... in FACT Shikamaru is a chunnin...

they've showed him in chuunin jacket, they showed him going on chuunin promotion "ceremony" (if we can put it that way ) in ep where he's met tsunade first time with his dad.

maybe im mistaken, but from what i can remember, it was never mentioned that he was going to any sort of promotion ceremony (then again, i watched AH sub, not Anbu or Aone). he was tagging along with his dad who was going to meet the elders, but they never said why. maybe in the manga they give more detail, but i dont know since i dont read the manga. im not doubting that shika will become chuunin, im just saying nothing's "official" yet. technically they're all calssfied as genins until tsunade promotes them. And since tsudane has seen what naruto is capable of, not only in terms of strength, but also determination and focus, im sure he'll become chuunin as well.

tensai
Fri, 10-01-2004, 06:28 PM
i have no memories of shikamaru wearing a chuunin outfit at all, are you imagining things or did i miss something?

he didnt necessarily meet tsunade, his dad just wanted to see her or the elderes for some reason

ok, naruto saying that he is a chuunin is most likely a mistranslation (japanese is really hard to translate because there are many ways to say the same thing)

when i saw sakura do the pulling up pole thing, i thought that was the most retardest thing ive seen
but it was ok

then when she went to block the kunai, i was like it scratched her arm, if she didnt get in the way it would have flew over idates shoulder anyway

the reason why he hates ninjas is kinda stupid,
he thought his brother died because ninjas tortured him
then it seems like he has some connection to that green haired ninja
and he also uses ninja techniques

Masamune
Fri, 10-01-2004, 06:37 PM
why didnt they just walk over the water when the jumped out the boat >_>.
cept for idate of course. Sakura is good at chakra control ( the little she has ) so she should be able to figure it out .

Board of Command
Fri, 10-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Because they were under attack. If they focus all their chakra on doing the Jesus, then they would become vulnerable to any sort of attack.

TruthofMistake
Fri, 10-01-2004, 07:56 PM
hmm i thought this episode was fairly good except for the whole sakura thing.... since when did she get strong enough to pull up a godamn mast.... that had to be like 7OO pounds of wood easy and shes swingin it around like its nothin

jimmymasaki
Sat, 10-02-2004, 04:56 AM
yeah his dad and shikamaru were there for some reason... never mentioned the chuunin thing. all they talked about were women...
neways all naruto said was that he would have won the chuunin exam but never mentioned he would definately be one.
it's already been proven that innersakura is strong as it was her that could "counterattack" ino's mind-control... she made the same face and said the same line that innersakura says so perhaps that's why she was useful... either way i'm glad sakura's done something useful. i dont really feel hate for her...

Teh Sounder
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by: Masamune
meh....

big change in series.
sakura did something.

Thank god i'm not the only one that noticed that, she is the all time must useless character in the show.

Eurasian
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:51 AM
sounder, trust me. EVERYBODY noticed it. it's too outta her character. and yes she is the most useless char.

Rek
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Because they were under attack. If they focus all their chakra on doing the Jesus, then they would become vulnerable to any sort of attack.

no, they could have easily "done the jesus" and fought back... maybe only naruto would be able to do jutsu's while running... but they would have been running.... running = faster

hell, naruto could have carried idate piggy back... the writers just didn't think about it

basey44
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:30 AM
thats cos theyre stupid filler writers who come up with gay story lines and fights and oh by the way sakura has been training with tsunade all this time even though tsu never had the time cos she was studying to heal lee

Jman
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:39 AM
to whom it may concern: anbu's 103 is out > http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/

kooshi
Sat, 10-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I watched the ANBU version, and they never mentioned anything about Sakura being trained by Tsunade or any of the Genins becoming Chuunins.

Anyways, to post my opinions on the episode, I thought it was pretty good (but then again, that's what I say about most episodes). Adding those Hidden Mist ninjas was unexpected. Hehe, once that guy said lucky, I was thinking, "Is he actually who I think he is," haha. It'll be quite interesting what new moves they have, considering how they really pissed off Naruto's team in the Chuunin exam.
I do have to agree that Sakura lifting up that piece of log was messed up. I would understand about the Inner Sakura thing, but that was the thing, why didn't they just show that to avoid confusion? Oh well, I guess we'll have to see later on.
Overall, a pretty decent episode.

Masamune
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:15 PM

they could've just runned over the water onto their boat i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kooshi
Sat, 10-02-2004, 05:30 PM
I dunno if Sakura or Sasuke can do the water-walking thing. Naruto had to train to walk on the water, and we haven't seen Sakura and Sasuke do the training. It's a good enough assumption that they just haven't learned how to do so.

Rek
Sat, 10-02-2004, 06:03 PM
sasuke did it before, and all they'd hafta do with sakura is effing tell her how (remember the tree?)

but naruto doing it himself would have been rather effective.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure if anyone is going to read this but, AonE 103 is out on animesuki. I decided not to start a new topic, in fear of angering the higher powers

Board of Command
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
No need to make a new thread. Whoever watches it can just post revisions and new ideas.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Wow i mustve overdone it on the sugar today. I swore i saw sakura doing something Useful i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif. I'm surprised that the boat didn't sink after she pulled a hole through the center of it hehe.

The boat must've been flimsy for sure i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

This arc seems. Alright, but nothing spectacular. The idate Flashback is the first flashback in Naruto that Didn't impress me, usually all of Kishimoto's flashbacks are very touching and emotionally deep.
Then again, i guess some stupid contractor brought the rights to write for this arc.

Hotsuma
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Finally saw 103. Got nothing else to watch, so I thought, what the heck, and d/led.

Damn, Sakura is starting to get damn cool.

OTOH, I can't stand that little prick, Idate. He's such a fucking loser. I hope the next episode os the last in this saga. Him, and that other bland ninja.

Assertn
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:06 AM
ok first of all.....if you guys are arguing about naruto being chuunin, then its because you watched AH
which for the 152nd time, they arent very reliable with their translations!

when i watched anbu's, naruto said "if it wasnt for that interference, i wouldve won the tournament and become a chuunin"

just further prove that it's AH's fault, aone's also says "if it werent for interference, i would have won the chuunin exam"

as for the rain guys performing mizu bunshin........ok wtf?
the mizu bunshin is on the same level as kage bunshin, and kage bunshin is a jounin level jutsu
way to totally downplay that move.......

RekkaShinen
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:16 AM
thought the episode was pretty bad, maybe not as bad as the previous ones, but still not on par, and have to agree with others about the sakura part being dumb

wirm
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
ok, heres a few facts so ppl dont say idiotic tihngs anymore....

Fact: Naruto is NOT a chuunin. Infact, NOBODY is yet. it doesn't matter what you think, or how many hints they've given, until somebody in the anime actually *SAY's* that so and so are chuunins, we consider them to be genins

Fact: Sakura DID NOT train under Tsunade. It was was just a sarcastic note put in by AH. Learn to read!

Fact: This "Filler" saga is an official part of the anime. anything that happens automatically becomes officia. Just because its not in the manga doesn't mean its not real.

Fact: "Anime only" fans dont care (for the most part) about the filler arc, nor are we desperate about the anime getting "back to the manga story line". We dont know the manga storyline anyway, so we dont give a fuck. its all new stuff to us. if you dont like the ep, thats fine, but stop complaining that u want to get back to the manga storyline. we have the Open Discussion forum for that.

Now, as for this ep, i thought it was good. i liked how they'v introduced some twists like the relation to ibiki, and how the "lucky" ninjas have returned. but i agree that idate is fucked up. hes a little panzy. and is he supposed to be from konoha? his character is a mix of haku and that little runt from the zabuza arc which is kind of lame, cuz both things have been done already.

Amen to that.

What's with people saying this is the worst episode ever? Man, you guys have a terrible memory. I can think of half a dozen different episodes that were worse than this.

In any case, I liked it. So what if it's a filler ep? It's still fun to see Naruto and his team fighting side by side again. We've seen so many eps where their group is completely outclassed by a superior enemy (at least in appearance) that it's nice to see them fighting with relatively comparable enemies.

And Naruto actually useful at the start of the fight? That's unheard of. He usually gets his ass kicked around for a while before he does something cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Maybe he's maturing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:28 AM

Naruto was just bragging about it, since apparently for him surviving the exam = Chuunin status.

Didn't Shikamaru tell Naruto he was becoming a Chuunin when Naruto returned with Tsunade?

I for one, am giving this arc a chance. Even as a manga reader. I saw the anime first, and i always liked the feeling of not knowing what was happening next in the anime. This is the perfect chance to observe the arc Objectively, since we dont know in advance what happens. The start is a little average though, but ill still give it a chance.

basey44
Sun, 10-03-2004, 07:41 AM
pfft cubekingdom, sonic, shadow and dr. robotnick(yes robotnick i refuse to say that gay ass name eggman) are all sega creations, damn nintendo think you can just use good creations like that

jimmymasaki
Sun, 10-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII

Didn't Shikamaru tell Naruto he was becoming a Chuunin when Naruto returned with Tsunade?

nah he didnt. i checked and he didn't say anything about becoming a chuunin. perhaps the translations were wrong?.....

Jakins
Sun, 10-03-2004, 08:50 AM
For now, we only know that Naruto thinks hes a chunnin, after all he let Ibiki imply he was so (or does my memory play tricks with me)
As for Naruto being promoted chunnin, we saw Tsunade checking everyones portfolio out, shes seen Naruto in action and thinks hes a future hokage, so any promotions to chunnin with her signature on are bound to include Naruto.

Hotsuma
Sun, 10-03-2004, 08:56 AM
FACT. Naruto is NOT a Chuunin. Manga spoilers back that.

chambers
Sun, 10-03-2004, 11:37 AM
u have got to be fucking kidding me? delete that spoiling shit now. fuckin moron.

Assertn
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:23 PM
seriously.......you guys are being lame

kooshi
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Just please read the facts from what Assassin wrote down. That perfectly matches what is going on in the story.

Not to insult the translators at AH, but I noticed that sometimes, it's much different compared to other translators.

Example: when Kabuto was attacking Tsunade while Naruto was wondering what was going on.

ANBU/AonE translation: You're real slow noticing things, Naruto. That's why you can't compete against Sasuke.

AH translation: You're really too weak, Naruto. That's why you can't go against Sasuke.

As you can see, the first sentence is very different. Since most people here d/l the ANBU or AonE version, the AH people would most likely be confused.

Assertn
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:45 PM
kooshi..........there are a LOT of less accurate translations than that, i honestly cant watch AH for 5 minutes without finding a horrible mistranslation

Chiyo
Sun, 10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm happy that I downalod from aone, the translation is the best...AH translate much things false....

Jman
Sun, 10-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Chiyo, NO spoilers in the anime section. plz Edit your post and remove it.

\/no prob. just thought i'd let u know since some ppl really really take it to heart when anime get spoiled 4them

Chiyo
Sun, 10-03-2004, 09:06 PM
sorry, but AH translate so much crap....

I have edited it...

kooshi
Mon, 10-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
sasuke did it before, and all they'd hafta do with sakura is effing tell her how (remember the tree?)

but naruto doing it himself would have been rather effective.

Eh?? When did Sasuke walk on water????

ssjtrunks585
Mon, 10-04-2004, 09:32 AM

..no they don't. Only time this entire series I've seen them run like that is orochimaru and.. zabuza. That was after they both of them couldn't use their arms.

Maybe kabuto, but he's fucking queer.

ever see Ninja Scroll? the beginning part, with all the ninjas who die from the 1st demons double sided sword thing? they ran with their arms flapping behind them

it MAY have something to do with speed? Perhaps if they flap behind you, they streamline with the wind, and therefore, no wind resistance is created. When people run, they naturally pump their arms to get their body moving, and keep it moving, although i actually think you could run faster if you had your arms behind you like in this ep...

anyone else agree?

Originally posted by: wirm
What's with people saying this is the worst episode ever? Man, you guys have a terrible memory. I can think of half a dozen different episodes that were worse than this.

hmm...

- sakura vs ino
- any ep focusing on Konohamaru (about 3 or 4 here)
- the episode RIGHT after the haku/zabuza battle ends completely
- ep 102

Assertn
Mon, 10-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
pfft cubekingdom, sonic, shadow and dr. robotnick(yes robotnick i refuse to say that gay ass name eggman) are all sega creations, damn nintendo think you can just use good creations like that
uh yeah.....you do realize.....that sega WANTS to release sonic games on gamecube, right? now that they dont have their own console, their only alternative would be to do nothing and file bankrupcy

?igma
Tue, 10-05-2004, 12:59 AM
What ass made you Moderator ? =) I always disagree with you, that's no good if you're mod =(

Assertn
Tue, 10-05-2004, 01:53 AM
yeah yeah, you disagree with anyone who makes valid statements

that doesnt leave much for mod material by your definition i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ragnarokex
Tue, 10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
wth looks like there gonna be changes sasurka is acully gonna do things! and er....well pretty good ep decent action..i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Board of Command
Tue, 10-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: ssjtrunks585
ever see Ninja Scroll? the beginning part, with all the ninjas who die from the 1st demons double sided sword thing? they ran with their arms flapping behind them

it MAY have something to do with speed? Perhaps if they flap behind you, they streamline with the wind, and therefore, no wind resistance is created. When people run, they naturally pump their arms to get their body moving, and keep it moving, although i actually think you could run faster if you had your arms behind you like in this ep...
Actually, no. If you leave your arms flapping behind you, then that puts mass at your back, which actually slows you down. Your arms would actually create more air resistance because they're dragging behind you. You can't generate lift with your arms anyways.

The purpose of pumping your arms is to keep your mass balanced. Run around your room for a bit. You'll notice that you always pump the arm opposite to the leg that's thrusting you. A forward arm pump by your right arm neutralizes the leftward thrust generated by the left leg, and vise versa. If you don't pump your arms then you can easily fall over, especially running at high speeds.

chambers
Tue, 10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
actually youll see they also bend over wich WOULD be aredynamic, also its not just to balance yourself that runners move there arms, it helps create a rythm and helps you move your legs faster. you cant run very fast without moving your arms infact.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-05-2004, 10:23 PM
They should fall over since they bend because the forward thrust of their upper body weight will overpower the balancing force of the arms behind.

If anyone doesn't believe me on this, trying running like they did in this episode. I gaurantee you'll fall over if you try to go fast.
Plus, it seriously looks gay.

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-05-2004, 10:28 PM
haha i sadly have tried it and i was just fine course i didnt lean really far foward either and yeah it does look really strange and yeah it is a more aerodynamic

Aeon
Tue, 10-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I just rewatched the aone version just for the chuunin part, and I noticed Sasuke never uses his Sharingan to copy any jutsu's. He could do a lot of damage with that black rain and his fire jutsu's.

wirm
Tue, 10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
As far as we have seen, Sasuke has never copied a jutsu. We know he learned the chidori from Kakashi, but it is never directly stated that he did so using the sharingan. We also know he emulates Lee's fighting style, but he could have done that without the sharingan as well, though it would be harder (It's not like he was copying any moves, just style).

There are a variety of moves that he could have copied by now.

Zabuza's water clone and mist jutsus
Naruto's kage bunshin
Orochimaru's wind attack (he used it during ep 30 and one of the earlier eps. The first one separated Naruto from his group, and the second one was dodged by Sasuke to do his flying pile-driver).

Oro also seemed to use a jutsu right at the beginning of his fight with Sasuke (It kind of made a shockwave just as Sasuke came charging in). I just assumed it had something to do with his speed there, though we all know that a ninja at his level doesn't need a jutsu to run circles around a genin.

I can only guess that Sasuke's sharingan is not developed enough to copy jutsus without investing a significant amount of time into it. Either that, or he's storing the jutsus away for future use.

Raven
Wed, 10-06-2004, 02:05 AM
It's because Sasuke would become too God-like if he copied every jutsu that was used against him, and that REALLY wouldn't suit the storyline. Simple.

Oh, and they run like that because it's a stereotypical way for ninja to run, and it looks kinda cool in a ninja sort of way.

Assertn
Wed, 10-06-2004, 02:30 AM
sasuke did copy lee's moves.....
but seriously though......if sasuke doesnt start copying moves when his sharingan develops more, then im gonna be pissed

wirm
Wed, 10-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Sasuke copied the stances (one hand in front Matrix-style, and one behind the back), but didn't show any actual moves.

Otherwise we'd have seen the Konoha Senpuu or Secondary Lotus. Though if it didn't work for Lee, he probably wouldn't have used it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Board of Command
Wed, 10-06-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't think sharingan can copy taijutsu like lotus.

Garlannd
Wed, 10-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by: sasuke-kun!!
That Sakura scene was pretty cool but completely out of nowhere. How can she be strong all of a sudden out of nowhere?.

They've secretly replaced sakura for this episode with a robot version of her that just screams "Saskue-kun! all the time" Unfortunately it was bugged so it actually did something

Assertn
Wed, 10-06-2004, 05:04 PM
sasuke copied the shadow dance, which is taijutsu
he just didnt copy the omote renge cause he never actually saw it performed...although he'd still have to learn about gate unlocking on his own

Phoenix23
Wed, 10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by: Garlannd

Originally posted by: sasuke-kun!!
That Sakura scene was pretty cool but completely out of nowhere. How can she be strong all of a sudden out of nowhere?.

They've secretly replaced sakura for this episode with a robot version of her that just screams "Saskue-kun! all the time" Unfortunately it was bugged so it actually did something

As a matter of fact, Sakura's strength has an official precedent in the series. Take a look at episode 34, 4 minutes in, where Sakura punches Naruto... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kooshi
Wed, 10-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Heh, there are couple more times where Sakura flattens Naruto with one punch.

1. Ep. 20 when Sakura was depressed after being shot down by Sasuke
2. Ep. 55 (I think that's the one, but if it isn't, it's around there) when Naruto tried to hug Sakura

jing
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:06 AM
But guys.... tsunade owned him with a finger..

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by: kooshi
2. Ep. 55 (I think that's the one, but if it isn't, it's around there) when Naruto tried to hug Sakura

God I wanted to slash that bitch to pieces after that scene.
Naruto fucking sacrifices his life for you and you can't give him a hug?!
BITCH!

sangai
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:48 AM
have they gotten out of the crappy filler saga yet.

this is horrible i havn't watched a episode for so long.

jimmymasaki
Thu, 10-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
have they gotten out of the crappy filler saga yet.

this is horrible i havn't watched a episode for so long.

as you can see from these multitudes of posts with people complaining about sakura's strength coming outta nowhere and people saying it's another filler episode.. then yes... it is a "crappy filler saga"

kooshi
Thu, 10-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Actually, this filler arc isn't too bad at all. It's not great, but it's not bad. Just smack in the middle....well, at least for me. Pretty cool to see those Hidden Mist ninjas back in action, especially with some new jutsus to use. I still don't like that Sakura scene though, that was just............HORRIBLE.

wirm
Thu, 10-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't think the three were from the hidden mist.

Probably rain ninjas or something.