PDA

View Full Version : What is a sanin?

kgirluvr2
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:37 AM
first off does the word sanin mean anything like 3 something?

I guess what makes the sanin the legendary sanin?
Did they go on a mission/ quest or because they are really strong? and who gave
them that title in teh first place.

On the one hand i can't see how jirarya made it to be sanin. His flash backs shows he's
a stubborn and regular ninja, like naruto. I guess he matured with age but he still goes for the
girls and drinks.

Must be something they did or they saved teh village or something back then.
but i will say they are some of teh strongest in konoha as of now excluding orochimaru.

And why can only they and the 3rd mess around with naruto's nine tails seal?

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Sannin as a word means "Three People" or perhaps in this case "Three Ninjas" (I haven't seen the Kanji for Sannin, so I really wouldn't know.) However, in the show, they aren't just refered to as Sannin; they are called "Densetsu no Sannin" or "The LEgendary Three."

As for why they're Sannin... the three Sannin were the three ninja with the most potential when Sandaime taught them. Orochimaru was a genius, Tsunade would eventually become one of the best Medical nins of all time, and Jiraiya was eventually skilled enough to teach Yondaime. Essentially, they are three Ninjas at the Hokage Level without the Hokage Rank. Even though each of their personalities aren't that glowing, they are still the strongest Ninja in existence right now.

As for the Kyuubi Seal... it works because the Sannin are at Hokage level, and the Kyuubi seal was made by a Hokage.

Mut
Thu, 09-30-2004, 09:54 AM
sannin = three ninjas

they're called the legendary sannin cuz they are all very skilled and talented ninjas.

who cares who gave them the title, it's just given.

it's not that only 3rd and sannin are allowed to mess with kyubi seal, it's just that only they are knowledgeable and skilled enough to handle such thing. but i'm sure some others might be able.

and try searching for your answer before posting questions that have already been answered.

EDIT: heh, i guess someone else got to it first.

Kale Ironfist
Thu, 09-30-2004, 10:00 AM
san means 3
nin is used to count the number of people. its kanji is also part of the word 'ninja'

so 'sannin' can mean 3 people or 3 ninjas.

they're legendary in the fact that they are so strong and lived pretty long lives compared to the ninja standard (just look at how many die in their 20s and 30s! and sometimes even younger than that...)

i think the title was given to them by the people as a nickname and it stuck. (i dont think its told anywhere)

what does his past have to do with anything? or the fact that he is still a lecher and alcoholic? they have nothing to do with his raw skills.

to the last point: how many ninjas learn sealing techniques? almost none

EDIT: damn, i was reading the other threads while writing and 2 ppl got here before me

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:00 PM
One thing I've always wondered is if there are any Sannin in the other major ninja countries. I'd like to think that there are, although this remains to be seen. If there are other Sannin I'd bet that Garra and his siblings will became the Sannin for the sand village.

Geographically we've learned very little about the Naruto world. Most of the other villages have remained a mistery so far so all we can do is speculate about what they may be like. These other villages also seem to have legedary figures. Like when Kisame mentions the seven mist swordsmen. I'm guessing one is Zambuza and he's another but there are still five other mysterious characters who we have not met.

It would be cool if the reason they earned their title is because they defended a small town the water country from insurmountable odds ala the classic film the seven samuri.

kAi
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:26 PM
One thing I've always wondered is if there are any Sannin in the other major ninja countries. I'd like to think that there are, although this remains to be seen. If there are other Sannin I'd bet that Garra and his siblings will became the Sannin for the sand village.

Geographically we've learned very little about the Naruto world. Most of the other villages have remained a mistery so far so all we can do is speculate about what they may be like. These other villages also seem to have legedary figures. Like when Kisame mentions the seven mist swordsmen. I'm guessing one is Zambuza and he's another but there are still five other mysterious characters who we have not met.

It would be cool if the reason they earned their title is because they defended a small town the water country from insurmountable odds ala the classic film the seven samuri.

every village would have there own kinda legendary figures...it was just that konoha have the legendary sannin. the seven mist swordsmen seems to be the one for the mist....if there are others from different villages which i guess/hope there will be they are yet to be shown.

Assertn
Fri, 10-01-2004, 01:15 AM
sannin = 3 nins

kinD4rkness
Wed, 10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
besides that sannin means three people i think wut makes them legendary is that not only are they at if not above hokage level but the three of them have three of the best summon jutsus.

jing
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:17 AM
No, what made them sannin is because they are wicked. not because of their summons.

Mut
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
ok, enough with the sannin talk. the question has been answered like 5 times now.

locked.

Assertn
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
yes......
just as Mutata, Gods Sun, and I are the legendary sanmods
and dont forget it!

anyway....this has been answered about 50 times, so.....