PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Fans!

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
man... lets see... just getting started... hmm... i wonder how the movie will turn out to be...

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm told it looks really really really (etc) bad. But then I was one of the few people who thought the first one wasn't so bad (then again I preferred Predator 2 to Predator 1 so I seem to have weird taste in films) so I might d/l it at some point. Haven't really got into any of the games that much since the 1st game on the PS1 with possibly the funniest voice acting I've ever heard (combined with the physical acting that accompanies it) "NO! Don't---open---that----door!". Puzzles usually put me off about half way through Resi games, but I like the walking around shooting zombies parts i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Edit - what little I've seen of the new game looks cool, I might think about buying it if it turns out to be as good as it looks...

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Well, I thought the 1st movie was OK but still was kinda dissapointed since none of the characters were in it, I haven't seen the second one, guess I'll wait till it's out on dvd and rent it. As for the game, I'm def a fan of the game, always like RE and I can't wait for RE 4 to come out, looks really good.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 09:48 PM
i really liked the 1st movie. and u know there was gonna be a sequel. i must watch it soon.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 09-28-2004, 10:06 PM
yeah Resident Evil Apacolypse (2nd move) came out in theaters few weeks ago

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I KNOW!!! i hadn't had the chance to watch it. during the weekend i had 2 choices: gits2 or resident evil2. but i was afraid gits2 will gone soon...so that's why i didn't get to watch it....

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
lol I see, well, if you go see it, tell me if it's good or not ^_^;

KitKat
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:55 PM
I was really disappointed with the first movie. I thought it didn't measure up to the quality of story we had in the games. The games were sweet, and even though the voice actors in them weren't the best, I loved the storylines. So, I hope the second movie is better. Definitely let us know what you think, Eurasian, if you go see it.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Movies suck. Games rock. I have many many many fond memories of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica in particular. The prior scared the fuck out of my childhood and the latter had a very awesome story.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
maybe the reason that everyone thinks the movies sucked becuz of how awesome the game is. but i watched to movie then got motivated to play.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:18 AM
that's probably why if you didn't play the game first, don't have the expectations. And I agree with you Terra, the prior ones scared me too.

*insert story* Actually, one summer I was at my cousins house visiting and me and my bro convinced my cousing (who's like a 12 year old) to play or at least watch us play RE remake on gamecube, really did scare him and joked by saying zombies would come to the window, (the lights were off in the room) and my bro picked up things and threws them trying to say its a zombie, did work in scaring a little though I think he got most scared when he tryed playing the game and they revamped the zombies where if you didn't kill them right, they come back alive more scarier, and he got really freaked out by that and dropped the controller and refused to play.

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 03:43 AM
hahaz... resident evil 0 is actually out on xbox/gamecube... its got graphics to make you drool... im personally a big fan of the game... but yah i hate to admit... but resident evil 2: apocalypse is not very good... seems like a stale plot with babes to look at thats all... and by the way... the new character they introduced looks exactly like the girl (jill valentine) in Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis... man... watch out for her... shes hot!!

lol... guys who have played the game... dont you just miss claire redfield?

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat
I was really disappointed with the first movie. I thought it didn't measure up to the quality of story we had in the games. The games were sweet, and even though the voice actors in them weren't the best, I loved the storylines. So, I hope the second movie is better. Definitely let us know what you think, Eurasian, if you go see it.

hmm... the first one aint that bad... its pretty cool actually... they managed to turn the game into a movie... im pretty impressed though i must agree it could have been better... if you have watched dawn of the dead... you would probably know what i mean by running DESPERATELY...

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Leon Kennedy was the coolest!

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
oh man yea! that S.W.A.T kid... i heard he's appearing as the character in the new installment of Resident Evil (game)... but its just rumoured... cant confirm though...

Shi_No_Shikaku
Wed, 09-29-2004, 11:35 AM
I didn't much like Code Veronica and 0 was ok and fun but the bosses were so easy to beat the last boss you just keep running a way from it. And Code Veronica after putting in Veronica it just kill the game. Veronica is the code for all wepons and amo.

but I can't wait for resident evil 4

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:14 PM
I thought they should have let 2 players play on 0 since you were able to controll 2 characters ^_^;

RE 4 will be interesting, as to how they changed a number of things, (not zombies or whatever, and the enemies attack you with weapons, etc) Plus thought it was cool we get to play as Leon again ^^

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:29 PM
hmm... Resident Evil 0 is a relatively new game and not available on the PS/PS2.
so RE 4 is reali starring Leon? hey thats just wonderful... but i guess they wanted the game to look like Doom 3 so they added zombies with higher AI...

Shi_No_Shikaku
Thu, 09-30-2004, 01:03 AM
no zombies just crazed village foke

shinichi69
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:20 AM
hey guys... check out this zombie!!

http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/funnypic482r.htm

Nara Shikamaru VI
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:06 AM
eventhough i dont really dig the tank movement of the characters in RE games, i might just give RE 4 a fair go. heck i am a bit hype up on RE4... finally something to look forward to get my GC workin again

shinichi69
Fri, 10-01-2004, 11:24 AM
check out this link... http://www.residentevilfan.com/re4/

have fun... =p

shinichi69
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:00 AM
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/2201/artleon1.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/3742/re3_nemesis_art123_lg.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/6739/jill_re3big_lg.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/4627/re2_cap28_lg.jpg

RekkaShinen
Sun, 10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
those images look cool, looking foreward to RE4

shinichi69
Thu, 10-07-2004, 01:12 PM
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/3764/Szenenbild_14_lg.jpg

woot~ she looks just like jill valentine from the game!!
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2168/remake_jill_2425_sm.jpg http://img47.exs.cx/img47/8742/remakeart1_lg.jpg

animefreak
Thu, 10-07-2004, 08:26 PM
well..i'm thinking of watching some movie this saturday, just hope i got the time to go. Well, i didn't really like the first RE movie but i seem the preview for 2 movie and is seem alright, or i possibly just watch sky captain.

Man, is would be cool to see Resident Evil by using game graphic instead of using character, Man that would be awesome!!

kupalmaru
Thu, 10-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Every time I see Jill's picture, the third picure from shinichi69 post , I ask my self why I traded my RE 3: Nemesis for RE2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif .

shinichi69
Fri, 10-08-2004, 01:15 AM
hmm... i heard sky captain is pretty good... hmm... probably you would wanna give RE apocalypse a pass... i watched it already... disappointing... but they try so hard to stick to the plot of the game...
i would say the setting and nemesis looks good though... the makeup and all... but over plot~... sigh...

kupalmaru... acty, RE2 game is more fun than RE3 imo... =p

animefreak
Fri, 10-08-2004, 09:21 AM
RE2 is alots better than RE3, more poping zombies and give u a heart attacks. Hey Kupalmaru stop looking at jill and start looking at that girl from RE2 disc 2, maybe that will make u feel better.

Thanks for the info Shinichi, guess i just flip a coin.

shinichi69
Fri, 10-08-2004, 10:47 AM
hahaz... RE2 disc 2? u mean claire redfield?
shes not very pretty acty... and coupled with the graphics... shes pretty bad... animefreak dont you think so?

animefreak
Sun, 10-10-2004, 12:33 AM
yea i have to agree with u there, Shinichi. She is not pretty as all but man...have u play star ocean till the end of time? there this character name Maria and she is mad hot.

shinichi69
Sun, 10-10-2004, 03:05 AM
nahz... haven heard of the game b4... but will go online check it out...

oh yah... do you have doom 3?

animefreak
Sun, 10-10-2004, 04:59 PM
well...u should check it out. Doom 3, nah i never play it. I just play doom64 for nintendo64 and i think is too dark to see. I died at the beginning of the game cuz someone shoot me and i didn't see where is coming from.

Eurasian
Sun, 10-10-2004, 10:55 PM
i FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY watched resident evil: apocalypse. and i enjoyed it. the story is whatever...but MAN IS THE ACTION GOOD! i mean...girls kicking some SERIOUS ass...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

shinichi69
Mon, 10-11-2004, 01:46 AM
hahaz... is it really that nice? the story is kinda clicheY though...

but who would expect the monster to fight alongside human~? lol...

doom3 is not as bad as you think animefreak... this new game rates 9.5 on the charts... but i must agree that its kinda dark though...

animefreak
Mon, 10-11-2004, 10:08 AM
oh really? the monster fight along human...lol now that is weird.

shinichi69
Mon, 10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
yup yup... if you watched RE1 den u will know that Max was captured and put under project nemesis... he was then turned into the nemesis monster~
he ended up helping alice(milla jovovich) in the end