PDA

View Full Version : Stargate: SG1

Assassin
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:14 PM
just wondering if there are any fans of the stargate shows on GW.

for those who dont know, or are intrested, the Stargate shows are based on the 1994 movie by the same name. its ur basic sci-fi alien show, except it doesn't involve starcruisers and the aliens acutally look like aliens, not like humans with fucked up faces and pointy ears.

The basic story is that, thousands of years ago an alien species (parasitic worms/snakes) stumbled upon teh earth, and started using humans as hosts for themselves, ruling thru fear by pretending to be the gods that humans worshipped. they spread thru out the galaxy using "stargates", which create wormholes between 2 points in space. Eventually, humans revlot, and bury the earth stargate so it can't establish another wormhole, and earth is "lost" to the galaxy. several thousand years later, teh stargate is found during a dig in egypt, and the adventure begins.

i suggest anyone who likes sci-fi and hasn't seen this show to check it out. the dialogue alone is worth it.

heres a few quotes to hopefully spark ur intrest:

Hammond: "In the future, Major, before you activate any device that includes the word 'reactor,' I'd appreciate it if you would notify me."

Daniel : I think they're a family.
Jack O'Neill : Of what?

Aris Boch : Dr. Jackson, if you don't mind treating my wound.
Daniel Jackson : I'm an archaeologist.
Aris Boch : I know, but you're also a doctor...
Daniel Jackson : ...Of archaeology.

Daniel : It was a procedure often done in the Middle Ages. They... well, they'd drill a hole in the person's head. By drilling a hole the evil spirits are released, thus saving the person from eternal damnation.
Jack O'Neill : Thus... *saving* the person?
Daniel : Well, they didn't call them the Dark Ages because it was dark

Teal'c : Most often, dreams are merely the mind's way of dealing with desires that cannot be fufilled.
Daniel Jackson : Ah. So basically, I'm never gonna get a good night's sleep again.
Teal'c : With all your past experiences, Daniel Jackson, I do not know how you have slept well before now.
Daniel Jackson : Thank you, Teal'c. This conversation has been disturbing... on many levels...

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:24 PM
wow~ u even remembered the dialogue??

i like the movie so i decided to watch the show. i stopped watching the show now, but it wasn't bad. mcgyver was in that show. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

and i actually remember the Dark Age quote.

Assassin
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:26 PM
lol, i like the show but im not that hardcore

i just searched some quotes on google i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (but i do remember the actual scenes for them all)

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:28 PM
LOL. Those were some pretty good quotes. I saw the movie, and I have watched the series on and off. Atlantis shows some promise, too.

I definitely agree that the storyline and writers are pretty good. It is definitely better than a lot of sci-fi shows out there right now.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
lol, i like the show but im not that hardcore

i just searched some quotes on google (but i do remember the actual scenes for them all)

whew! i thought u were a trekkie of stargate. what would they be called..."stargatees???"

Assassin
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
they're called "gaters"

....dont ask me how i know

Eurasian
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
they're called "gaters"

....dont ask me how i know

lol.................................i won't...........................

basey44
Tue, 09-28-2004, 04:19 AM
hahaha i remember that show, i saw the movie wen it came out wen i was like 10, yea the show wasnt bad but i havnt seen for a few years now

L8r
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:16 AM
i love that show, you seen atlantis to?

any 1 when they start to show the new episods?

sux that they only showed 1 or 2 sesons in sweden

Stoopider
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I used to watch it years years ago. They only showed season 1&2 here. Unfortunately.

I used to love those funny ppl with big hairs that live in the jungle, but actually they had supirior technology and cloaked cities in the sky.

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
i love that show!!! one of the only things i watch on tv cause everything else i watch on my comp

shadowmantis
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
i love the movie, getting that directors cut dvd soon. sg1 was also nice. only saw the pilot episode for atlantis, and although it does look interesting, i cant stand the fact that there's some new enemy and crap. i never saw sg1 finale, so i dont know what happened to the ghoulds. it just strays away from the original story way too much.... atlantis? bah. ill give it a shot though, it looked alright so far.

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-28-2004, 01:21 PM
sg1 is still going so you havent really missed a finale

shadowmantis
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
storyline wise too? but they begged jack to 'unpack' the old star gate at the beginning of atlantis..

Assassin
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
atlantis just follows another direction in the same SG storyline

if you've seen the 7th season, they go in search of teh Lost City, but in season 8 they dont wanan follow that sotry line. thats where atlantis comes in basically.

btw, for those guys who've only seen the first few seaon,s y dont u jsut dl the other ones? thats what i did.

anyone know whether eps 11 and 811 of Atlantis and SG1 were aired this past friday or not? usually suprnova has them by saturday, but there was nothign this week

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-28-2004, 03:35 PM
The Atlantis episode was a rerun. I am not sure about the SG1 episode, though, but I assume it was a rerun also, so nothing this week for supernova.

Knives122
Tue, 09-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I remember this show and the movie I never watched the show but I hear its on its 14th season(maybe) dont plan on watching the atlantis show eiter(even though its already out)

Assassin
Tue, 09-28-2004, 04:55 PM
the show is on its 8th season, not 14th

and honestly, i dont thnk atlantis is as good as sg1. what i liked about sg1 was how in each ep they explored a new planet, a new culture. thats what was so different about it. Atlantis is too much like every other sci-fi show, with some super evil alien race that they have to fight against. and even when the visit planets, theres hardly any detail given about its history and culture.

maxsteel
Tue, 09-28-2004, 10:30 PM
some of the best quotes:

O'Neill: "Alright, basic survival training. We know what we have, what do we need?"
Teal'c: "We have the Stargate. We need the Dial Home Device."
O'Neill: "Thank you, Teal'c."

Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
O'Neill: Who doesn't?

Carter:we kicked their asses sir
O'Neill:They had asses?

maxsteel
Tue, 09-28-2004, 10:38 PM
some others that come to mind:

Felger: What would Colonel O'Neill do if he were here?
Coombs: You want me to shoot you?

You have no idea the tortures he is capable of.
You ended a sentence with a preposition..........b*stard!

carter: Maybourne you are an idiot every day of the week why couldn't you have taken just one day off!

njdevs95
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:04 PM
I've got all 7 seasons on dvd from suprnova. My wife loves it which is why I downloaded them all (56gigs at 30kB/s = uggghh) though I like it also just not as much as her. Hard to get excited about seeing it on tv now though it seems I've already seen them all. Atlantis is pretty good I actually pay more attention to that than regular stargate now.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Wed, 09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Yah i'm downloading it form the same place but i tured down the banwith on it so as to not tire up the whole house

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 05:21 PM
hey guys fancy filling me in on the story? i saw that the last season was starting on tuesday on sky one, can someone fill me in till then please? the last episode i saw i think involved jack going to see them alien guys (the good ones asgard i think) and helping them beat the replicators, or at the very least beating a ship they had infested (the Jack O'Neil i think it was!!

also anyone wanna tell me how good stargate atlantis is? that starts two weeks here on sky one also (the UK)

shadowmantis
Thu, 09-30-2004, 06:43 PM
having seen the first season of atlantis, i have to say its worth checking out, despite some minor bugs.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2004, 07:12 PM
hmm it looked pretty flashy indeed!!! i will almost defo be tuning into that!

Assassin
Sat, 10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
WTFF!!!

another week and no new ep release. did they do another rerun?

somebody plz tell me what's going on. its a new season, theres no reason to have reruns!