PDA

View Full Version : Goda love Corel

Lefty
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey yall. I've been experimenting with the shadows and highlights but I geting the feeling that the contrast is off and I don't know what it is. If anyone can point out what I'm not seeing I would be grateful.

http://img70.exs.cx/img70/6537/Misato.jpg

jing
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:00 PM
dude, i like what u've done, wicked job.
but like u said theres something wrong. i think the shadowing part is too dark, like its suddenly white and then black. im no picasso, so i hope u can get better help from ppl that actually know their stuff.

HaganeKotetsu
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:22 PM
if it were night time, and she was standing under a lamp post or something, it would work good.. but with the white bg, i'd say the shadows are too dark.

sexy sexy tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

tensai
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:35 AM
i like it
its very simple but it works

the way youve colored is a lot like how animes are done

but if you want to add stuff to it, you can add more midtones
or like one person said, you can change the bg to make it look more appropriate

Kakafosha
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:49 AM
her ear shouldnt be that light. the left side of her face has a shadow there, showing theres no light on that part of her face so the ear should be darkened too. you can try changing the opacity of the shadow see if that helps.

Lefty
Mon, 09-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah that ear kind escaped me when I was coloring it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: ok fixed the ear and added a background.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/8419/Misato2.jpg

Koyuki
Mon, 09-27-2004, 02:22 AM
I would say here skirt. Shadow it more detailed. Still it's freaking nice

AlbinoFury
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:32 AM
looks good you need to do a little fade brushing or some light gradient work on the shadow borders though itll make it look tons smoother

HaganeKotetsu
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Looks really nice with the background.

Raposo_C
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
What program are you using? Photoshop R7?

Maybe lighten the top shadow layer, and then change the blending option to multiply, or colour burn, also maybe when you get all the shadows done, try and use gausen blur at the end to smooth things out. I try and use two different shades for shadows, though anime usually only uses one, the two of them adds a little more depth.

Pic looks good btw.

Lefty
Mon, 09-27-2004, 01:45 PM
I use Photoshop CS(8).

Darkflare
Mon, 09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
one thing that i think should be different is her left hand. since apprently the light is coming from the top right, i dont think the light would quite make it to the tip of her finger and the side of her hand like it does now. i just may be off and making stuff up though. i think think its kinda weird how her hand is that light when the other things in that area are shaded.

one more thing: where is the shadow over her right breast coming from?

Lefty
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:33 PM
The light I planed out if comming more from an upper front position it's only about six feet of the ground so the hand shadow is being cast fom her hand and the sleve of her coat. the right breast is from the surounding light being bounced off the surounding surface and casting a shadow from her arm I just need to to lighten that one shadow a bit. the purple is making the shadow way darker that it really is.

EDIT: fixed the breats issue.

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/3097/Misato3.jpg

Raposo_C
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Wow looks wayyy better. Did you draw the character? or did you use something from manga or copied it from a screenshot?

Lefty
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I copied a manag chapter cover fomr EVA manga 5. I traced all the lines and colord it. It's not easy to trace someone's else work. This my fourth copy and color job.

KitKat
Tue, 09-28-2004, 09:58 AM
That's really nice, Lefty. Although I'm really sad that you can't see her hair anymore. Is there anyway you could keep the background dark while still having her hair show up?

Lefty
Thu, 09-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Here's a version I did Corel Painter. God I love this program. tell me what you think.

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/9652/Corel-Misato.jpg

Koyuki
Sun, 10-03-2004, 04:25 AM
I liked the other one better. Still this is quite nice

Where do you get pictures to color?

Edit: VVV - Yeah i saw it wasn't done yet.
Try looking on other pics. To see how you should make the hair

Assertn
Sun, 10-03-2004, 12:28 PM
how's corel painter like compared to photoshop?

Lefty
Sun, 10-03-2004, 01:26 PM
The coloring is supperior to Photoshop, but the interface is a little lacking so you wold need Photoshop to do the color and contrast fixes and clean up work.

@ Uzumaki: it's still not finished yet. I have to go back and touch up the shadows and coloring and i need to finisht the hair. But I like this one more than the other one cuz the shadows and highlights seem more natural than just the solid kind of shadow I got in photoshop.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to do the hair highlights and shadows. I keep trying but it come out wrong everytime.

basey44
Tue, 10-12-2004, 09:25 AM
sorry i got nothing in the way of skill or knowlage in computer drawing and editing but i just thought id add evangelion rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif thx

Deblas
Sun, 10-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Misato <starts to drool>