PDA

View Full Version : Sharingan 3 dots symbol

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:14 PM
I happened to noticed one day that in other anime the Sharingan "3 dots symbol" or whatever you want to call it appered. I happened to think that it was an original creation, or something similar, but I saw it in yugioh and one piece, which makes me think that maybe there is a cultural meaning or something. Not that I was thinking too much into it, just that after I saw it 2 other places, made me think that it meant something for 2 other mangaka to use the same thing

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/8627/op14.jpghttp://img77.exs.cx/img77/2881/Kakashi28.jpghttp://store1.yimg.com/I/svconway_1808_33670460

sorry for the bad quality on the first picture, I'm not sure what one piece character it is, i got that little figure in a japanese candy ^_^;

miaka
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:16 PM
hmm... prob does... i m very curious now... everyone should try to research and post answers if they find it

Mut
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:37 PM
it's a symbol for lightning/thunder.

dunno, just a guess.

Kn1ves
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:50 PM
I beleive its was also used as a sign from old japanese samurai houses as their crest or something

Kumiriko
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Too bad there are no image serch engens out there. be quite handy if someone knew how to code something like that

Assassin
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:55 PM
oh man, from the thread title, i thought it was another one of those "is there a fourth dot possible" or "what do the dots mean" threads. i swear if i see another one of thsoe, somebody is going to lose several limbs!

anyway, as for this topic i think muts is probably rite...its probably just a symbol for lightning or something, or maybe a crest of some old warroir/emperor from japanese legends.

Edit:

Too bad there are no image serch engens out there. be quite handy if someone knew how to code something like that

you know, thats actually a pretty cool idea. and it doesn't seem that hard, atleast from my (very) limited knowledge on this area....you could just cross reference with images on different websites, like searching for a keyterm.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Most likely just a conicidence. Who cares anyways?

Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:35 AM
there is plenty cultural shit

taoism has that for the ying yang right?

probably evolutionized by japs

on a side note, that is a one piece character... i don't watch the anime but he comes out late in the manga... he is like a god ... on this island that is like 1000 miles above sea level... anyways he's mega strong

Kumiriko
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin

you know, thats actually a pretty cool idea. and it doesn't seem that hard, atleast from my (very) limited knowledge on this area....you could just cross reference with images on different websites, like searching for a keyterm.

Well lets see. you would need to code Image mapping. Something that can desern shapes in an image and then find similer things in other images. You could just have a team of people takeing images and reserching Every form of possible info. but that would have to be a pay service. and it would take a while

Kn1ves
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:55 AM
yea but sarcasm is way too overrated.

xiaoxue
Mon, 09-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by: 010577
there is plenty cultural shit

taoism has that for the ying yang right?

probably evolutionized by japs

on a side note, that is a one piece character... i don't watch the anime but he comes out late in the manga... he is like a god ... on this island that is like 1000 miles above sea level... anyways he's mega strong

the ying yang symbol is actually used by Neji during the chunin final exam... during the fight with Naruto...

^^

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:00 AM
I think I just spent 3 hours looking on google and found nothing

Myran
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:39 AM
you know, thats actually a pretty cool idea. and it doesn't seem that hard, atleast from my (very) limited knowledge on this area....you could just cross reference with images on different websites, like searching for a keyterm.The server and bandwidth load would be insane.
The server would need to do a pattern recognition on the search-image between all images in the database, plus everyones search-images in total would be huge.

Something like it will probably come, but it will probably take a while.

kaze
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:07 AM
http://miltonsoft.com/
i guess this is, what you are searching for

Assertn
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:52 AM
i think those symbols match better with sasuke's curse seal rather than the sharingan

in which case i'd guess the symbol stands for "heaven"

Assassin
Mon, 09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
oh man, thats pretty kool....and i think they're right to focus on teh adult market first, lol....tehres gonna be alot of lonely 40 yr old men using MILTON when it comes out i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

i especially like the picture of the guy in thier logo....it fits perfectly! haha

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:32 PM
I think it might be the = to owr pentagram

Kumiriko
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:47 PM
I grew up in a town Named Milton.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-28-2004, 12:31 AM
there is also milton bread but i still don't see how it explains the dots.

Jaredster
Wed, 09-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko

www.google.com/images (https://www.google.com/images) ?