PDA

View Full Version : Saint Seiya Hades

mitsui
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:09 AM
guys, i need your help! i'd like to know if i need to watch the 114 ep. TV series of saint seiya hades before i proceed on the 13 ep. OVA series (Saint Seiya: The Hades Sanctuary Chapter)? is it self-contained? do i need to refer to the TV series? can the 13 ep. OVA be a stand alone series?

will there be differences if i don't watch the TV series first? will i be able to understand whats going on in the OVA?

need some info and comments...

thundrakkon
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:06 PM
The OVA, if I remember correctly, will have a recap in the first episode of everything that has happened so far. The OVA is a continuation to the TV series, so it will refer to parts of the TV series. You should have at least a basic understanding of the first and second seasons before you watch it, but if you choose to do so, it will have spoilers for the following seasons.

Danik
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:35 PM
You should definetly watch the tv series first, or else you'll be confused with the OVAS of Hades, I personally love Saint Seiya and the best part is the final battle (Hades) so if you didn't watch the series you won't appreciate the greatness of the OVAS.
Or what you can do if you don't want to download the 117 shows, you can download the Hades special, it's only 30 minutes long and it is a summary of the show, but you really have to pay attention to it.
And if you do decide to download the tv series, skip the asgard chapter... that's something that toei made up to not catch up to the manga.

mitsui
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
thanks for the info and answers.

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Bumping this moldy oldy topic even though i've never even watched this series.

Apparently Saint Saya Hades Inferno is being subbed by Spectre Anime.
Spectre Anime - Saint Saya Hades Inferno - Episodes 1 and 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/spa/)

First 2 episodes are out...

114 episode series originally? Christ that's alot to get caught up on if you want to watch this new one.

Is this anime worth a DL?

Munsu
Fri, 02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Saint Saiya is a great old series...

Good luck finding subs for the series though, only up to episode 48 or so has been subbed, and the quality is questionable...

I'd say the best thing would be to find the manga or something if available...

Windice06
Sat, 02-04-2006, 09:21 PM
About the manga, do you know if the story still continues after the Overtune OVA chapter. From the ending of the ova, it looks like Apollo was victorious over Seiya, and he claimed his death.

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-07-2006, 11:45 AM
i supose you refer to overture?

overture is set after the hades ova, that was suposed to be in manga but because of financial problems they had to stop at hades, now depending on how good the ova does in JAP there may or may not be a zeus saga