PDA

View Full Version : yugioh cards

animefreak
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
anybody in here collect yugioh card? i wanted to know do anybody know the name of the card for jinzo that can make jinzo use trap card?

Mr.X
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:05 PM
my little brother used to collect them. i asked him, and he was no idea what your talking about.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I do, but I only remember being told about the card but I don't remember what it was called...guess I have to see if I can find out

anime050
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by: Mr.X
my little brother used to collect them. i asked him, and he was no idea what your talking about.

I am also confused. Please explain what you are talking about =/. And also can't you use trap cards whenever you want? Place them on the field and flip them for whatever effect they have. T-T. *confuzzled

Mr.X
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:09 PM
yes thats what i was thinking. jinzo's special ability is that your opponent cannot use trap cards.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Jinzo's special ability that is while he is on the field, trap cards (on both sides) can't be activated and the face up trap cards are negated. But like it was asked, there is supposedly a card that you can play that makes it so that the trap cards on your side of the field are not negated and can be activated while Jinzo is on the field.

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:50 PM
That would be Amplifier. It's in the most recent expansion.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:57 PM
v_v a super rare card it seems

Kakafosha
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
v_v a super rare card it seems

or doesnt exist at all ^^;

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:42 AM
'Tis a super rare, and not really worth it in my eyes, either. REquires a monster limited to one per deck to be on the field, and wastes one of your trap spots, if you have enough trap cards in your deck as is.

Then again, with the new banlist, I suppose it probably makes it easier to play Amplifier...

animefreak
Fri, 09-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Jinzo's special ability that is while he is on the field, trap cards (on both sides) can't be activated and the face up trap cards are negated. But like it was asked, there is supposedly a card that you can play that makes it so that the trap cards on your side of the field are not negated and can be activated while Jinzo is on the field.

just like ShinobiNeko say....when jinzo on the field..no players can activate a trap card, but there a card that u can equip to jinzo(a magic card i think) in order for u to use trap but not for your opponent.

Stoopider
Fri, 09-24-2004, 08:52 AM
*Summons 'Pikachu' *
*Pikachu Punishes all Yu Gi Oh Players with dazzle frazzle lightnings*

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 09-24-2004, 10:17 AM
*Counters the Pikachu with a Quagsire*

What was that? You try what now? I don't think so. *Quagsire uses earthquake on the wimpy, useless lightning pokemon*

Seriously, Ampharos would be a much better choice for an electric than Pikachu.

And my mind is still back in gold edition...

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Well..it stilll would be nice to have with Jinzo because having Jinzo and still being able to use your traps would be very nice.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:20 PM
i once laughed at someone for collecting yu gi oh cards? does that count? theres no excuse unless your 8!

PSJ
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:25 PM
yu gi oh cards? come on, do something better with your time and money.

Gods_Son
Fri, 09-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Yugioh is cool, stfu. I don't have any cards, but I'm the dueling champion on IRC. Feel free to come on and challenge me.

SK
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:07 AM
yugioh the show sucks, but the game is pretty fun, i used to have a deck (when shonen jump came out it had a yugioh card with it) and i started collectin em but then when it got real popular it got too expensive. not sure what i did with deck maybe i can sell it.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:14 AM
i use to know a few mates of mine still play and collect Yu Gi Oh cards even they are old enough to have a family. notice it's 'use to know' in that sentence, cos i disown them already.

animefreak
Sat, 09-25-2004, 11:38 AM
waste of money, yes is it.....waste of time, maybe if u have something to do....otherwise is a great game to pass the time.

animefreak
Sat, 09-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
i once laughed at someone for collecting yu gi oh cards? does that count? theres no excuse unless your 8!

i think u mean pokemon...yugioh monster are more creepier looking than little cute pokemon.

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't see why pokemon is considered a kids game any more than Yu-Gi-Oh.

In Yu-Gi-Oh, the cards fight. Nothing all that bad.

In POKEMON, you're enslaving these funny little critters and forcing them to fight each other to exaustion.

Which is more suited for older audiences? ^^

hiddenpookie
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
anybody in here collect yugioh card? i wanted to know do anybody know the name of the card for jinzo that can make jinzo use trap card?

heh. Grow up.. the card game is real bad..who ever has the best card wins..wow thats fun..
i use to play yu-gi-oh when i was in 4th grade now am in 8th... play magic.. way more challenging and the art is decent unlike yu-gi-oh. if i had to pick itd be blue eyes white dragon...

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Some people can never grow up, hiddenpookie. Either that, or they simply do something that they enjoy.

And as for magic... it was my first CCG. I got into Yu-Gi-Oh because it was simpler to construct a better deck and they don't phase out sets every few new sets.

Gods_Son
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Wait, I was the only one joking about liking Yugioh?

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 04:47 PM
lol sad but true Gods_Son, seriously though i caught an ep of yu gi oh on tv once and they used a card called the Beaver Warrior, and i thought that was rather ironic since the game itself is a form of female repellent if you know what i mean. Seriously these type of card games and any game that requires an 8 sided dice or above=puntang kryptonite , so just say no it for your own good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 09-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Unless you can get a girl that also plays games that use an 8-sided die. They're not that uncommon. I've known about as many female gamers as I have known male gamers.

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 06:47 PM
thats like saying their is an equal number of females that patrol this board as males, lol

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 09-25-2004, 07:05 PM
It may be a similar statement in general, but then again, most females aren't rabid naruto fanboys, the primary inhabitant of this forum. However, females actually make very good gamers; they have good imaginations in general, and often make more interesting characters than guys do, and I have known quite a few. Therefore, I stand by my statement.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-25-2004, 07:11 PM
^_^ female gamer right here

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:45 PM
they may make good gamers but truth lies in the fact that they are as rare as a needle in a haystack

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:46 PM
ebveyrbody loves yugioh cuz there's this one hot guys with a trenchcoat.. but he aint really hatr pretty, nehji is much sexier

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:53 PM
No , everyone loves yugioh for Penguin Soldier, and I'm sure you remember him well

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:54 PM
wha yaeha damn he killed me.. hje in yughkih? fuck cool show

miaka
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:54 PM
are you now saying you wanna do that with kaiba or neji? oh my goodness

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifawww u don't remember...Penguin didn't kill you..he chopped off your hair i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:57 PM
sorry neko, you know I love you! I just.. you know th beer.. the beer is killign penguin soldier, but I'll make it up tyo you! I hope you like chocolate bceaues I'll send you some.. I'm sorry!

miaka
Sat, 09-25-2004, 08:59 PM
you haven't answered my question above

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:08 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif yes send me some chocolate, and I send you some morei/expressions/beer.gif since you became very interesting

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:02 AM
@miaka: That's classified info right there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

@Neko: Yeah I do become pretty interesting when I'm drunk don't I... now where did I put that chocolate...

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:03 PM
yup, you do, like a whole different person~

miaka
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:06 PM
@terra:hmm... i guess i have to give you some beers so you will spill it out... ^_^

@neko... : i don't think you want the chocolate he says he will give u... who knows where it's been.. i i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Goingin
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Damn, 3 spamtopics i've found now, how many more am i going to discover i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

animefreak
Sun, 09-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: hiddenpookie

Originally posted by: animefreak

heh. Grow up.. the card game is real bad..who ever has the best card wins..wow thats fun..
i use to play yu-gi-oh when i was in 4th grade now am in 8th... play magic.. way more challenging and the art is decent unlike yu-gi-oh. if i had to pick itd be blue eyes white dragon...

The game is not really about strong monsters to win.....is also reply your skill. sure, the blue eye dragon is powerful but is need 2 monsters as tribute to summon, your opponent can destroy the blue eye dragon with tribute to the doomed card(destroy one card from your hand to destroy one monster on the field) also other trap like magic cylinder...strong monster doesn't mean u win right away....u have to reply on trap and magic cards to win not just monster. This is y u should put half of your deck with traps and magics and half monsters.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
anime freak is right, it's not just about 'who has strong monsters' it takes more than that. You need strategy as well as a good deck and also luck plays a part. My deck only has like 3 "strong monsters" (tribute monsters, summoned skull, dark driceratops and black luster soldier: envoy to the beginning) it's not just all tributes, but it's backed up with good traps, magics, and effect cards and I still do quite well.

animefreak
Mon, 09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
hey ShinobiNeko u collect yugioh cards too? yea is all about strategy and lucks of the draw. Well...is seem like u have some good card like summoned skull, i have 3 summoned skull in my deck. The Black luster soldier:envoy to the beginning wow that is a secret rare card, can't believe u have it.

HimizujinEternia
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Strategy in building a deck can be said about any card game; however, I enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh because the many deck themes are much easier to pull off.

I play a Dark Magician of Chaos deck myself; emphasis on removial of the opponents monsters and getting out my DMCs as fast as possible. It's challenging, but I've had some spectacular first turn wins with it.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 09-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Yup, I do animefreak, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif And yeah really greatful to have BLS: envoy, very nice card...^_^ I like my deck.

animefreak
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Yup, I do animefreak, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here And yeah really greatful to have BLS: envoy, very nice card...^_^ I like my deck.

did u got it in a pack or single?

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I was lucky and got it in one of the Invasion of Chaos booster packs ^^