PDA

View Full Version : Official 232 Discussion!

realtortato
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Get it from http://jojo.jojohot.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=23304
Sasuke is one ugly MOFO. One handed Rasengan haha.

Mr.X
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:14 PM
even though its chidori vs. rasengan again, i still like the way the last 2 frames were drawn. very neat.

jing
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
damn, the wing just isnt cool -_-"

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:28 PM
I hate Mojo's scans, why does he have to put signs all over the pages? I can't even try to read it....

On the chapter, its just meh... Sasuke still looks bad, the wings don't help at all, and Itachi looks like a mix between idiot an stupid, that angle just doesn't work. 'Sides, it's the same thing again... Chidori vs. Rasengan, Super-Chidori vs. Super-Rasengan, what's the difference? They'll end up flying again, and then maybe Kakashi can drop by and make things interesting.

BTW, wasn't that Oro's eye in some panel?

Uchiha.haz
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:49 PM
dissapointing chapter i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

AlbinoFury
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
well we did always say that sasuke was a fairy its just now he has the wings to prove us right i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif LOL

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:17 PM
this chapter was good damn that's some bad ass rasengan

Assertn
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:30 PM
the new chidori and rasengan was pretty badass looking

and somebody totally called a while back that sasuke's level 2 would have wings
who was that, trip?

Hotsuma
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Naruto needs to stop dwelling into the past, and just kick Sasuke's ass already. Same thing with Sasuke.

Everybody's seen the same flashbacks. Let's just get back to fighting, dammit.

PSJ
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
i liked this chapter i think im the only one that thinks sasuke looks somewhat cool. and the super rasengan and super chidori was a nice touch to. the last to pages were great.

Lenas
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Super-concentrated Rasengan looks pretty badass. Also like the black chidori Sasuke's got going on. I hope sasuke loses an arm, though.

Jman
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
so much for this chapter. maybe next week their attacks will actually collide.
i want something to happen before kakashi arrives.
edit: the powered up chidori and rasengan look badass.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
well we did always say that sasuke was a fairy its just now he has the wings to prove us right LOL

lol, I was thinking that as well! Just look at his lips too, they look as if he has lipstick. That and the wings, that just says "Out of the closet!".

Sasuke being a frog-fairy aside, the super-concentrated Rasengan does look pretty cool... the chidori just looks uh, blacker. I'm guessing the anime will paint in black and purple, and confirm Sasuke's a fruitcake as well.

Hey, regarding the flashbacks, at least they were a collage only!! They didn't take five or six more pages to have them!!

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Wohoooo, Narutofan has now a way better scan!! I can now do a text translation for you guys ^^ (and for myself), so now workin' on it....

?igma
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
wuhuhhuuuuuuu

will we see another day, will naruto save the world ? (you get my point ..sigh) I hope Kakashi will come by VERY soon .. selfsacrificing him to prevent both from fighting. Although I don't think Kakashi is on their level anymore..

Jman
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:32 PM
i'm pretty confident that kakashi could and would whip them both if need be.

JusDaMan
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Wooo that chapter was cool... and i doubt chidori vs rasengan will end up the same way this time... Sasuke's 3rd dot will probably predict where rasengan will hit so... chances are naruto is going to lose this and lose a arm?

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Ok the devil wings are not making sasuke any cooler, I would prefer if they were angel wings but hey, Narutos beach ball sized rasengan is badass, and the black chidori is cool to, but sasuke blocking everything with his gay wings is really cheap to me, but I hope Kakashi comes and jyudo chops them both

Saruto
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:00 PM
dam those technique power ups are cool!...i think that naruto will lose this one tho...sasuke is hiding behind one of his wing and have the 3 dots of the sharingan...and naruto have his big damn baloon rasengan i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif..Well maybe naruto willpush away the chidori ..OR the chidori will go right trought the rasengan and hit directly on naruto...who knows lol. lets wait to see what happens in next week (..arg that make me sick, waiting 1 week for less then 20 pages only...)..

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Ok, TEXT TRANSLATION HERE.

AS ALWAYS, HEED THE CAP BLOCK AND DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL YOURSELF.
Page 1
Title: The Valley of the End. (End's Valley)
Straight ahead. My emotions, my wishes, I'm believing.

Page 2

The one who sought power... that's his answer!?

Naruto: ...
Special... you mean that thing?

Sasuke Kuku...
I have no intention of losing.

Page 3
Just action. SFX is always GASH... GRASH!! (the sound of Naruto running and rocks falling)

Page 4

Naruto: Gah!!!

Page 5 (Sasuke's wings look like a ducks'!!)

Sasuke: Ugh...
Guuh...

Page 6

Naruto: Sasuke... you...

Sasuke: Ugh...!

Page 7

Sakon: If you continue to use the seal for everything, it will gradually eat away your body...

Sasuke: It seems... that I don't have time to get used to this body...

Page 8

Naruto: I cant feel my left hand...!
SFX: ShyuUuUuUuUuU...

Sasuke: It seems that that power, too, has its risks after all...

Naruto: !!

Sasuke: ...
Do you know?

This place is a natural border called "End's Valley".

Page 9 (look at Sasuke's lipstick!!)

Sasuke: Just the perfect stage, don't you think Naruto?

Aaah, yes... I had said that the small talk was now over...

Then, we should be putting an end to this battle.

Page 10
This battle...

Page 11
Up 'till now...

Page 12
From now on...

Note: The Japanese, being such a nice and kind language, kind-of-conveys-but-not-really-this: "This battle, and everything that's happened until now, it ends now")

Page 13

Sasuke: CHIDORI!

Page 14
SFX: Gyiiiii-iin

Page 15
SFX Chi-chi-chi-chi-chi

Page 16
SFX Giyuuuuuuu-uun

Page 17
See page 15? The same.

Page 18

RASENGAN!!

Small letters: The friendship that was until now... and the connection that starts from now on!! (note: now on is written as "future")

Page 19

CHIDORI!!

Small letters: "Going away" "Come back"!!
These two minds/hearts that fight each other, bet everything on this one encounter!!

Owari.

Those last small letters might be completely wrong. They were too, too vague.

SPOILER ENDS.
Thank you for heeding the caps!

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Cool wings. I want to see it in english.

Originally posted by: ?igma
Although I don't think Kakashi is on their level anymore..

lol

Souryusen
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Guys, help me out with this crossword.. I need a 10-letter word that means "forseeable."

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Narutooooo?

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Try www.thesaurus.com , they have a dictionary there

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
how about obvioussss

Souryusen
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:27 PM
"Predictable"

Sidnne
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not one to complain... But how the hell can any of you think that this was a cool chapter??

We have seen this same chapter before, minus the whole monster form thing. Remember? "I won't lose!" "Enough small talk, its time to fight!" "blah blah blah" Chidori vs Rasengan... Hell, it even left off with the exact same senario as the last time they did Chidori vs Rasengan.

I feel like I just watched a rerun.

Saruto
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
"Predictable"

That's 11 letters buddy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Souryusen
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto

"Predictable"

That's 11 letters buddy

DAMN MY EYES!

Assertn
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:43 PM
so uh.......you do realize......that kishimoto didnt intend to catch you offguard with level 2 sasuke did you?

you might as well say "naruto fought neji in the first round of the 3d exam?? Thats so predictable, even though 10 episodes prior to that, the hokage stated that they would fight in the first round"

Souryusen
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I can't speak for everyone else but I knew Chidori v. Rasengan would come up again while they were in uber-mode. I don't think anyone was surprised by Lev 2 Sasuke vs. Kyuubi Naruto.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Well I didn't expect him to have wings.

And I didn't expect Itachi to look like a retard in the one panel he has gotten during the past weeks.

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:52 PM
I think Itachi always looked retarted, we just never saw he side that he did look retarted

injun
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:54 PM
bah. this chapter was crap. the level 2 didnt imbue sasuke with any NEW powers, just more power. Meh. It would have been cool if they expanded the level 2 so show why its worth going to the edge of death for. I mean more chakera. bah, you can get more chakra by training harder... well i guess i better wait till next week to see how NBZ will pointlessly prolong the battle next week.

thanks again wing dancer for the translation.

Souryusen
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:02 PM
It's nice that they decided to give kyuubi-usage an adverse effect... could put holes in a lot of peoples' theories with concerns to the limit of Naruto's power.

?igma
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Cool wings. I want to see it in english.

Although I don't think Kakashi is on their level anymore..

lol

although I would normally agree with you..

you are still ASSUMING things!!! What is it that we've seen Kakashi doing that was OH SO GREAT ???

nothing

so THAT is why I think Kakashi is actually for bloody once going to be the minor in the game.

I just hope not..

Lucian5000
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Guys, help me out with this crossword.. I need a 10-letter word that means "forseeable."

PlotDevice

JusDaMan
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Anyone notice... This rasengan... its not a swirl of chakra when its formed... its more like alot of small slug forming together then it becomes a ball...

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:26 PM
I thinks that because there so much chakra in that ball that you cant see it spin(b/c its spining so fast)

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:33 PM
ughh...

unnecessary to have chidori/rasengan be the last panel..

now, had it been krillan errrr kakashi i mean or an unexpected-but-plausable character getting involved at the last minute.. yeah..

o well.

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Next issue! 20 pages of the attacks hitting!

In all seriousness, though, just from the looks of things, next chapter will be some form of wrap-up. And then another 5 issues of in-between arc stuff, hopefully explanitory stuff. Huzzah! Plot!

I have a feeling the force of both attacks will send each person FLYING away. Remember when the Chidori and Rasengan first hit? Yeah, I forsee an even bigger blast, sending the two even further away.

One last thing; I cannot WAIT for this fight to be animated. It simply seems like one that needs color and motion to truly give it honor as a fight.

mage
Thu, 09-23-2004, 05:27 PM
no doubt they will use the korean team to animate this just like they do all the other cool fights (naruto vs kiba?)

Assertn
Thu, 09-23-2004, 05:46 PM
you think the naruto vs kiba was a cool fight?

Konohamaru
Thu, 09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
hmm interesting, Sasuke kinda reminding me of Jin Kazama from the Tekken games (if anyones played it). I wanna read this one in english, should be cool. As for the wing thingies, thats so not cool, but meh I ain't complaining. As for Itachi looking weird in his picture. I guess u lot didn't realise it was a flash back mode and it was in a fish eye style view. Quite common in flash back scenes.

mage
Thu, 09-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
you think the naruto vs kiba was a cool fight?

yeah it was one of my favorites in the manga.

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 06:36 PM
it wasnt that great, Neji v. Hinata was a better fight than that

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Sakon VS Kiba > Naruto VS Kiba

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
The Naruto vs. Kiba wasn't that great - those two are my favorite characters and I know it wasn't that great! It was 70% flashbacks showing Kiba is a meanie and poor Naruto deserved to win cuz hes so kuuuuute lolzors!!!11

As for this chapter... well, I liked the shading on the last two pages. And the concentrated Rasengan looked cool... and uh, the shading, yes, and Sasuke looks like a duck now.

What did catch me off-guard a little bit is (if you've read my translation, if not, skip this part) that Naruto is losing sensibility in one of his arms.
That either means that Naruto's body can't handle that much chakra release OR that the Kyuubi has somehow won control of Naruto's left hand O_O

Ever seen that bad movie were some guy's hand becomes possesed by the devil and the hand kills people and gropes girls on its own? Maybe its happening the same thing to Naruto's left hand!! Maybe the left hand will take over and do something useful for a change!

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Speaking of Kiba, I can't believe we don't have more Kiba fans at the forums. He kicked so much ass VS Sakon. And he has a cool voice.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I know!! And he has a ninja dog. How can you not like someone who not only speaks to dog, but has a ninja dog? Weirdly enough, back when he was fighting Sakon he had more haters than followers...

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:11 PM
As usual me against the world! Alas, cruel fate! *Goes and cries in a corner while re-reading Kiba VS Sakon*

Mut
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:22 PM
man, if sasuke doesn't dodge naruto's bullshit rasengen with his newly developed sharingan, i'ma be super pissed.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:26 PM
::Looks at Terracosmo going away to cry:: ...right. I like Kiba, too... then again, I kind of like Sakura too. Now that's being alone.

I don't think Sasuke could dodge the rasegnan so easily - sure, he has his eyes and all but the chidori is a piercing attack, you have to leave your hand inside the other person's body for it to really really work.

That aside, feh!! It'll happen the same thing as when they first tried it. They'll be sent flying away, and hit some rocks, only the explosion will be bigger. I don't think things'll be much different.

AlbinoFury
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Speaking of Kiba, I can't believe we don't have more Kiba fans at the forums. He kicked so much ass VS Sakon. And he has a cool voice.

and dont forget about the time he got busy with narutos girl --->>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Albinofury/kibaweird.gif

basey44
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:52 PM
hahaha, well done, i wouldve never thought of that

Knives122
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Albino you have a dirty mind i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

injun
Thu, 09-23-2004, 08:58 PM
bino, you are your naruto pron.

chet_chetty
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
That either means that Naruto's body can't handle that much chakra release OR that the Kyuubi has somehow won control of Naruto's left hand O_O

was there anything in the word usage that implies the latter?

Mr.X
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
hopefully kakashi will arrive, clueless to whats goin on, and rush in right in the middle of the blast.

basey44
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:01 PM
nuh, i want him to add his chidori to the mix

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: chet_chetty

was there anything in the word usage that implies the latter?

I checked and no, or at least not that I can see. The kanji don't seem to be off or weird in any aspect, so I'm pretty sure the translation is correct, but maybe Inane will do it differently...

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:47 PM
You seemed pretty much right in your translation of that line, Winged; I checked my Kanji dictionary because I was curious.

Raven
Thu, 09-23-2004, 10:51 PM
I accidentally saw page 12 first, and I was like "OMFGGGG!!!!111 HE'S BACK!!!!22" and then I actually read the whole chapter and I was like "oh."

Oh and WD, wasn't his left arm healing in the next panel after he said he couldn't use it?

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:06 PM
no disrespect to Kishimoto intended but Sasuke just keeps getting more and more hilarious! I mean common! Pervert Sannin Hair cut! Lipstick! and to top it all off, Duck wings! ROFL.

Seriously though, i hope the plot will fare better than my last shred of respect for sasuke as a character. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Anyways hopefully Kakashi will just end this damn fight. And show us that it is Skill not power that decides battles

Winged Dancer
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:56 PM
Its not that he couldn't use it (I thought so at first, but he was using it alright afterwards) but that he couldn't feel it, which is something downright scary.... can't explain it, but if you have ever had a panic attack or a nervous breakdown, you suddenly can't feel your hands and its not pretty.

@HimizujinEternia; thanks for the confirmation!! I didn't check the kanji dictionary 'cause I was lazy i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif So thanks, anyway ^^;;

RasenDori
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:58 PM
what is this? do my eyse deceived me? *looks over the raw again* it is indeed true! this chapter didnt end with a power up...oh...wait... i think ive seen this somewhere before *checks 175* there it is *looks at 226* oh! and its here too!
well, i had a feeling that they were gonna do the rasegan/chidori dance in their current forms. this chapter was ok. there were a few things i liked, imagery wize. but this chapter was predicatable.

a few things i wanted to point out, it looks like sasukes trying to use that wing as protection in the last panel. and another thing, this is sasukes 3rd chidori. although most people may not agree, i dont want to rule out the possiblity that it will fizzle like the 3rd one did against gaara. hopefully, that wont happen.

and btw, im a kiba fan as well

Hennyo
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:39 AM
heh if sasuke's chidori fizzled at the last moment that would make a good chapter for next week as we see him turn into goo. It would be a good plot twist and something you wouldnt expect and could throw naruto into an interesting arc. Like mabey naruto turning evil or somthing but i dunno would be neat tho.

or even better just cause it would be funny and irriataing as hell, we have kakashi show up at the last sec and have a repeat of the first naruto vs sasuke fight. you all know taht would be funny and for more than just a few reasons.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:37 AM

@HimizujinEternia; thanks for the confirmation!! I didn't check the kanji dictionary 'cause I was lazy So thanks, anyway ^^;;

I'm a japanese minor and always have a kanji dictionary at my sidde. Glad to be of help.

But, in all honesty, I'm glad that within a week, we shall see the fruits of this arc. Unless Kishimoto decides to be a bastard. Oh well, I still have enjoyed this arc a great deal, if mostly for it's character development.

Here's my hopes and dreams for the next part of naruto.

-Sasuke goes to Orochimaru and learns to USE the damn Curse Seal. It really doesn't do him much good if he can't use it like Kimimaro was able to up until his last breath.
-If there is a time jump, make it nice and short; a few months at best. We want Orochimaru on the back burner for a while, and alot can happen in the three years while he waits to transfer to Sasuke.
-Other members of Akatsuki. I couldn't care less about Itachi and Kisame. I want to see the other six.
-Characters that need bringing back into the picture: ALL three rookie females (you may disagree with me, but I happen to like all three as characters,) and Kakashi.
-Also, I pray that, no matter how contrived the plot device is, that Neji and Chouji are alive. Neji is still in a redemption phase in my eyes, but I don't hate him as much as I used to, and Chouji only JUST became cool. Both need even more development in my eyes, and they can't develop if they're dead.

Lefty
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:02 AM
But it can cause a major revilation amung the the rookies. They still haven't dealt with deaht with in their own ranks yet. Ino might actually stop being a bitch, Sakura could stop phawning over Sasuke, and Naruto can grow up a little bit, become more like Jiraya and Kakashi, professional(somewhat).

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:11 AM
yeh i definitely dont see naruto after this fight, regardless of the outcome, going back to his regular stupid and cheery self, itll definitely somber him a bit i think.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:39 AM
@Winged Dancer: You like Sakura? Wow, all the pain of solitude just vanished i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

@Albinofury: PRICELESS!

Stoopider
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:43 AM
Battle between the fox and the duck resumes.

kAi
Fri, 09-24-2004, 06:05 AM
heh...well not a bad chapter,
want to see the outcome of this...thanx for the trans Winged Dancer..

viciousHyuuga
Fri, 09-24-2004, 07:29 AM
hi friends

JerV
Fri, 09-24-2004, 08:03 AM
I hope naruto drills his rasengan into Sasgays head and sends him to hell

Stoopider
Fri, 09-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by: JerV
I hope naruto drills his rasengan into Sasgays head and sends him to hell

LoL.

Anyway.. about Naruto losing control of his right hand, but it seems like the demon kyuubi is slowly taking him over.

Maybe Naruto can go Gaara on us, and release his Kyuubi completely. Turning into one big giant fox.

Naruto's tail has sprouted.. So has his right hand. Whens the head going to pop out?

Yorma
Fri, 09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
I believe that in next chapter Kakashi will go between those 2 fires getting all the damage and dieing a horrible death HA HA

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: Yorma
I believe that in next chapter Kakashi will go between those 2 fires getting all the damage and dieing a horrible death HA HA

No no no. I too felt that way, but the wise people of this forum turned me against me evil ways of thinking Kakashi could be killed in this fight. Hurt, maybe.

There are people who actually like characters other than Itachi???!?!?!!? And I thought I was the only one!

As for this chapter, Meh.

Saruto
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:20 PM
kakashi could go right through the rasengan and the chidori and be damn injured!...maybe like lee (must quit being a ninja i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif)

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:24 PM
OMFG this is the third time Kishimoto has relied on the rasengan vs chidori plot device Grrr. After that two week break from the manga this is the best he could come up with. Wings might look dumb now but I bet they'll look awesome in the anime. Assuming that naruto and company ever get their asses out of the damn tea country and land of stupid fillers.

Trip
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:37 PM
the new chidori and rasengan was pretty badass looking

and somebody totally called a while back that sasuke's level 2 would have wings
who was that, trip?

nah wasn't me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kakashi next chapter perhaps though?

?igma
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:48 PM
I bet he'll get a tail as well ...

Ninja
Fri, 09-24-2004, 01:39 PM
aha, not much going on but seeing the new master jutsus attack once again was very cool

GO NARUTO AND KYUUBI!!!

xtort
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:45 PM

Ever seen that bad movie were some guy's hand becomes possesed by the devil and the hand kills people and gropes girls on its own? Maybe its happening the same thing to Naruto's left hand!! Maybe the left hand will take over and do something useful for a change!

I've got one of those hands... usually gets me slapped. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Well, I'm hopeful that Sasuke becomes dragon-like, instead of being a big fat mallard. Hopefully, Naruto will somber up, along with being taken over by Kyuubi, and it'll have to be his friends that return him to the happy-happy land.

-xtortout

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-24-2004, 03:43 PM
god all these theories about an evil hand are uncalled for it was just simply a mentioning of him losing some strength in the hand he used to hit sasuke with showing that using that much chakra has its limitations just as sasukes form does, i mean if it was turning evil it would look different or have more kyuubi chakra around it, but instead when he says that the chakra aura dissipates from his hand.

Alu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:36 PM
If anyone noticed, naruto did the rasengan with one hand. It means (I hope) he finally mastered it or the Kyubi chakra held it in to superconcentrate it. I think this is just another level to rasengan (or the full power of it) and not something new alltogether. Although, the kyubi chakra surrounding it will probably enhance it, but the center of the rasengan itself i predict is the next level (or final as said) of Rasengan.

If these two techniques meet (which im sure they wont, kakashi is on his way and it looks like the end will be dramatic) itll just be another stalemate or Sasuke gets owned. Sasuke cant die yet in the story and im sure Kishimoto wont make it a stalemate. Expect kakashi to show up next chapter.

EDIT : Oh, it appears it did land. Retract that, I think they will both get injured this time, Naruto moreso, and Kakashi will show up.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:51 PM
a subbed version is out at narutochuusin, but im waiting for inane i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hornetmike
Fri, 09-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Although the powered up chidori and rasengan were nice, this chapter is still bullshit. how dissappointing.

winstonn
Sat, 09-25-2004, 12:31 AM
somehow.. or someway naruto is going to lose to sasuke. i'm not a sasuke fanboy. but it's the only way the story can work out.. naruto will lose by a close margin and sasuke will win.. whether sasuke will kill him or not may depend on other external factors e.g the arrival of other genins or kakashi but i feel that naruto will lose only to allow sasuke to leave for orochimaru. then it will be the 1st time in the story that naruto actually fails to convert someone onto the good side.. naruto will then take the blame of sasuke leaving on himself, and he will want to train harder because he will indirectly feel responsible for sasuke leaving due to his inadequacy to stop him with his skills from leaving.. this may spice up the story even more i feel.. and sasuke leaving for orochimaru.. and naruto blaming himself.. it adds up to something which i believe most readers would want to see... just my view only.. yup.. ahha..

Lefty
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:08 AM
I've been saying the same thing for like a month now.

xtort
Sat, 09-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Well, I have to say, after not having read a subbed version (except, possibly considering one our own forum-member's translations...), I was very impressed with this issue. Why? Simply because of the art. Typically, comic books / manga sucks. They're drawn quickly, with the art left out. We have a sushi place near me which is like that. It's all about taste; not the least bit about the art-form behind the sushi. That's what manga and comic books are about: giving you the taste without the presentation. This issue, to me, is the purest form of fanservice. It looked great, was light on story (which, is ... bleh), and had a beautifully drawn and poignant portion of a fight sequence. If you were Japanese, tell me the truth... you'd be buying the next issue, right? Well then, it worked.

-a-rather-drunk-xtortout

tuggumkee
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by: winstonn
somehow.. or someway naruto is going to lose to sasuke. i'm not a sasuke fanboy. but it's the only way the story can work out.. naruto will lose by a close margin and sasuke will win.. whether sasuke will kill him or not may depend on other external factors e.g the arrival of other genins or kakashi but i feel that naruto will lose only to allow sasuke to leave for orochimaru. then it will be the 1st time in the story that naruto actually fails to convert someone onto the good side.. naruto will then take the blame of sasuke leaving on himself, and he will want to train harder because he will indirectly feel responsible for sasuke leaving due to his inadequacy to stop him with his skills from leaving.. this may spice up the story even more i feel.. and sasuke leaving for orochimaru.. and naruto blaming himself.. it adds up to something which i believe most readers would want to see... just my view only.. yup.. ahha..

That is not going to happen. There's no way in hell its going to happen. This is because manga/anime is all about morals and character.
In all good anime, the person protecting others is the strongest. The only thing that can happen is if the situation is altered, i.e. hostage, whatever. But in an all out bout, THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL he'll lose. i.e. Goku / sayans becoming or transforming only when there is need.

Anime/Manga is all about how looking for strength, only to be strong, isn't the strongest. The strongest thing is to protect others. The only time Ippo from Hajime no Ippo lost, was when he fought Date Eji(sp), because Date was fighting to protect, while Ippo was fighting for strength alone. Also why Takumura never loses(ever notice his last name? mamoru, which means protect) its because he's protecting peoples' dreams.

I'm guessing that Naruto is going to be standing after the explosion, with maybe a battered up as hell arm. Then Sasuke's going to question why naruto has so much power.

But there's no way that the ideals of manga are going to dictate that the goal of doing anything for the power for revenge surpasses the goal of doing anything for the power to protect.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 09-25-2004, 05:57 AM
Simple. We are reading Shounen Jump.

Now kids!! Whose the one with a better ethic, the one that takes up shortcuts and wants to kill people or the one that works hard and fights to protect his friends?
Of course!! Friends are always better than killing people!!

I realize that of coure Naruto should lose a few times, but in the end it comes down to the above said thing. Naruto has always been about the clash between two different set of morals (someone else's vs. Naruto's) and since it's a Shounen series the friendship one always wins. So even if Sasuke for some reason beats Naruto now but doesn't kill him, they'll face again, eventually, and Naruto will kick his ass.

But it'd be repetitive. So I'm hopeful it'll end in two weeks more, three at most.

?igma
Sat, 09-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I don't want to start up an old discussion here, but Sasuke is AGAIN pulling the Chidori alongside the wall. So I'm pretty confident it really is to increase his velocity.

SK
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:35 AM
dissapointing. bring in kakashi damn it!

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 09-25-2004, 10:20 AM
narutofan.com is down, where can I get the inane copy?

rockmanj
Sat, 09-25-2004, 11:19 AM
you can try IRC

Mr.X
Sat, 09-25-2004, 12:07 PM
naruto fan aint down.....

the next chapter better not have them both collide in each others techniques again. with sasuke's sharingan he should be able to dodge narutos rasengan.

jing
Sat, 09-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Page 12, The funny Itachi distorded picture.
Anyways that page, his head protector, ITS MISSING THAT SLASH!!

Assertn
Sat, 09-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: Alu
If anyone noticed, naruto did the rasengan with one hand. It means (I hope) he finally mastered it or the Kyubi chakra held it in to superconcentrate it
that would suck if naruto mastered it.......it would totally be an insult to the 4th hokage, im guess its just the concentration of kyubi's chakra

?igma: um, do you know why sasuke is pulling it along side the wall? because he is RUNNING on the wall. It's obviously not being pressed up against the surface like in the hotel, because you dont see a trail being carved into the rock

xtort
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by: jing

That distorted view is from Sasuke's childhood when he first saw the Mangekyou. It didn't have the slash through the leaf because at that point he was still a Konoha villager.

-xtortout

sangai
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:18 PM
damn can't get inanes ep, all the sites are down do to um a person who told me he is the cause.

alot of them damn.

winstonn
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:39 PM
but the story was built up in a manner that sasuke had to leave if not.. the previous chapters would be in vain,the chapters only served the purpose of providing an understanding of sasuke's childhood and pointing towards sasuke leaving. and again i am not saying that the power for revenge surpasses the goal of doing anything for the power to protect , i don't think naruto will feel vengeful at all.. in fact i think that he will put the blame on himself for failing to keep sasuke.. because afterall he wants to protect sasuke from orochimaru ( and if i am correct he would have failed ).. hence he will only train harder to try to get sasuke back because deep in his mind he knows that you need power to protect the one you loves.

jing
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by: xtort

That distorted view is from Sasuke's childhood when he first saw the Mangekyou. It didn't have the slash through the leaf because at that point he was still a Konoha villager.

-xtortout

But when he was a Konoha Villager, he never wore the akatsuki cloak..........

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 04:31 PM
everybody see my colored page in inanes release?

PossiblE
Sat, 09-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Where can I get inanes release, other than Narutofan?

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 04:53 PM
irc or hmm have you tried naruto ex or naruto chuusin?

PossiblE
Sat, 09-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks, I just took a look and that is very nice Albino, mind giving some insight on how coloring anime/manga images is done? I've looked through tutorials but they haven't been very helpful.

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 06:43 PM
hmm theirs tons of ways to do it, easiest way of doing it is probably making lots of different layers for every color you use and using the multiply setting on the layers over the lineart it lets the black lines through. other than that man its lotsa experimentation and doing what you are comfortable with.

PossiblE
Sat, 09-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Hmm, thanks for the tips... I have a Zabuza outline that I've been meaning to color but I haven't found a good way to do it, I guess I'll get around to trying some things soon.

Mr.X
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:03 PM
i looked at the extra's, they were all very nicely done. but which one was your's albino? all of them?

Masamune
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:15 PM

-xtortout

But when he was a Konoha Villager, he never wore the akatsuki cloak..........

maybe Itachi kissed and made up is back with konoha.

Hugs for everyone =D

( still fucked from FMA 49.... >< )

AlbinoFury
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:31 PM
the super kyubi page from 230 was mine

Eurasian
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:43 PM
FINALLY!! i finally got a chance to dl it and read it. yah, i think i've seen this scene many times before.it better get better. why the hell did sasuke get wings? they don't even look good on him. i really have nothing to say but next week better be good.

@albinofury - nice coloring. i really like it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

martintopsecret
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Most everyone on this board seems really pro Itachi, Kakashi sux. I think Kakashi will be able to jump into the middle of these two and fling them to the side like on the roof of the hospital.

I think he might get a chakra burn from Naruto, and Sasuke might get in a slight grazing taijutsu shot, but that is all.

Kakashi has never been touched. He has been ninjutsud by Zabuza's water prison and Itachi's Mangekyou, but that is it. (I will give Kakashi the benefit of the doubt and say that he really did let Zabs tag him just to get his scent on him. Plot device, but still adequate to say that he has never been out taijutsu'd)

Yeah, Kakashi cowered in the face of Oro, and Oro kind of cowers in the face of Itachi but...

Gai considers Kakashi THE ELITE ninja to compete with, and Itachi gave a warning regarding taking the threat of Guy seriously.

I tend to think that the x vs y things on this board are silly.

First off, the storytelling motivation will be the bottom line

second off, I think a Rock Paper Scissors relationship is just as plausible. Who knows what the elder Hyuga would do against Itachi. Enough people have said that they are THE ELITE Konoha blood limit, His body was a point of contention that almost led to a war, and did lead to the willing suicide of his hateful brother.

...where was I.

Kakashi will break these two up like the gennin they are.

Blight
Sat, 09-25-2004, 11:09 PM
As far as i can tell naruto made that rasengan with one hand... he couldnt do that befor.
kinda looks like naruto has his rasengan and kyubi has another on top

Also he still has control over the kyubi. Naruto probaly has another transformation or two. like garaa where he gives into the kyubi letting the demon take over to win the battle. Not that he will want to.

Unless the manga is ending now. I dont see how sasuke can go on as a major carecter. the cursed seal will end up killing him. as of now hes a traitor to the leaf.

he cant go forward in life and he cant go back. might as well die or hand his body over to oro.

mabie oro will get his hands on the body but the soul transfer dosnt kill the present soul only represses it allowing the leaf to take sasuke back after oro takes over.

looks to me as if the story line will take a few turns.

seems to me like sasuke wont be comeing back to the leaf at any rate.

sakura will turn into a ball of uselessnes, even more then she is now

teams will be remade since a couple people died. i dont know im ranting now so ill stop

but sasuke is fugged except mabie go with his brother hehe so much for vengence

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:30 AM

HAha i can imagine Sasuke trying to kill itachi in his lvl 2 form. Itachi will prlly die from laughter on account of his duck wings and lipstick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

AlbinoFury
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by: Blight
As far as i can tell naruto made that rasengan with one hand... he couldnt do that befor.
kinda looks like naruto has his rasengan and kyubi has another on top

Also he still has control over the kyubi. Naruto probaly has another transformation or two. like garaa where he gives into the kyubi letting the demon take over to win the battle. Not that he will want to.

Unless the manga is ending now. I dont see how sasuke can go on as a major carecter. the cursed seal will end up killing him. as of now hes a traitor to the leaf.

he cant go forward in life and he cant go back. might as well die or hand his body over to oro.

mabie oro will get his hands on the body but the soul transfer dosnt kill the present soul only represses it allowing the leaf to take sasuke back after oro takes over.

looks to me as if the story line will take a few turns.

seems to me like sasuke wont be comeing back to the leaf at any rate.

sakura will turn into a ball of uselessnes, even more then she is now

teams will be remade since a couple people died. i dont know im ranting now so ill stop

hmm that is always a possibility the manga could end, i mean i hope not, but hell it could happen

HimizujinEternia
Sun, 09-26-2004, 03:26 AM
Actually, a friend of mine commented on the possibility of an abrupt end to Naruto... and then hundreds of fans, angered by the ending of the series, riot in the streets, and eventually the entire western world collapses. I didn't agree with him on the last part, but I'm certain a huge majority of the naruto fanbase will be quite peeved if it ends next issue.

Eurasian
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:10 AM
HimizujinEternia, i'll say ur friend is about right.

Stoopider
Sun, 09-26-2004, 04:23 AM
It would bring an interesting improvement to Naruto's character if the seal is breaking.. and he's slowly going insane like Gaara.

basey44
Sun, 09-26-2004, 06:19 AM
that couldnt happen till the end of the series was in sight though, cos itd be like a time limit for him to do stuff, so he'd have to kill all of akatsuki(sp) while he goes insane and would probably end up dying after that, cos u cant finish the series with the main character just gone insane with no cure because the fans would need closure

jing
Sun, 09-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII

HAha i can imagine Sasuke trying to kill itachi in his lvl 2 form. Itachi will prlly die from laughter on account of his duck wings and lipstick

LOL that was just great.
Picturing itachi laughing his ass off .. lOL

Winged Dancer
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
Actually, a friend of mine commented on the possibility of an abrupt end to Naruto... and then hundreds of fans, angered by the ending of the series, riot in the streets, and eventually the entire western world collapses. I didn't agree with him on the last part, but I'm certain a huge majority of the naruto fanbase will be quite peeved if it ends next issue.

I'm actually a little scared that could happen - I mean, sure, the world wouldn't end or anything, but I'd be hella mad for a few days if Naruto had such an abrupt end....

Worse is, it could happen. Anyone ever read the Hikaru no Go manga? It ran in the same magazine Naruto does (Shounen Jump) and it had a completely sudden ending... no one was expecting it. It left a lot of things unresolved...

Of course it was an sports manga, so it wont happen in Naruto.
...or so I hope.

jing
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia

I'm actually a little scared that could happen - I mean, sure, the world wouldn't end or anything, but I'd be hella mad for a few days if Naruto had such an abrupt end....

Worse is, it could happen. Anyone ever read the Hikaru no Go manga? It ran in the same magazine Naruto does (Shounen Jump) and it had a completely sudden ending... no one was expecting it. It left a lot of things unresolved...

Of course it was an sports manga, so it wont happen in Naruto.
...or so I hope.

I read hikaru no go, omg it was one of my favourites, i can't believe it jUST ENDED LIKE THAT..... but i doubt naruto would end like that, he isn't even hokage yet.

the ending i see for naruto is either naruto dies, or he become a hokage.

Daniel of Lorien
Sun, 09-26-2004, 01:59 PM
They are not wings... they are HANDS!!!! Wings don't have wrist... they don't look anything like batwings... jeez http://www.batcon.org/discover/species/body.jpg

He's a damn freek with strange hands comming out of his back now... I was hoping for dragon style wings or something... but no... we get webbed hands that are gay looking... *shoots self in head*

jing
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: Daniel of Lorien
They are not wings... they are HANDS!!!! Wings don't have wrist... they don't look anything like batwings... jeez

He's a damn freek with strange hands comming out of his back now... I was hoping for dragon style wings or something... but no... we get webbed hands that are gay looking... *shoots self in head*

Bat's arent the only type of creature with wings smartass.

Mut
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't want to start up an old discussion here, but Sasuke is AGAIN pulling the Chidori alongside the wall. So I'm pretty confident it really is to increase his velocity.
god... if you actually knew two shits about what you're talking about people wouldn't look at you like an idiot all the time...

sasuke putting his hand against a surface has nothing to do with increasing his speed cuz it's not even possible. last time i checked, you can't even properly explain your reasoning behind it. so don't make random crap up. and no, i am not even letting you have an opinion if it's gonna be dumb as this. get this through your head, YOU'RE WRONG.

jing
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:37 PM
wasn't he on gotwoot survivor .. cuz of the same reason?

Souryusen
Sun, 09-26-2004, 03:29 PM
wasn't he on gotwoot survivor .. cuz of the same reason?

You know it.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 09-26-2004, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by: Daniel of Lorien
They are not wings... they are HANDS!!!! Wings don't have wrist... they don't look anything like batwings... jeez

Bat's arent the only type of creature with wings smartass.

Actually at first, i was hoping that Sasuke would have the wings of Dark from DN angel, now that would kick arse i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

duck wings.......i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Eurasian
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:34 PM
ok those wings don't even resemble anything. they look like the wings a 5 year old girl would make from clay.

Hotsuma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Somebody please come and stop this lame fight. PLEASE.

basey44
Mon, 09-27-2004, 01:33 AM
dont worry it should end soon along with the arc, im a bit sick of this arc now actually

AlbinoFury
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:35 AM
look i found a pic of sasuke from the next chapter in a preview, can you say lvl 3 seal!!!

http://www.wildpinky.8m.com/howard.jpg

Hakeem_21
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Somebody please come and stop this lame fight. PLEASE.

Im with you on this one,this fight began well but has get very boring and is too long i dont giva a shit about who wins anymore just end it for godsake! I dont look forward to the manga anymore cause this fight,the mangaka is the lamest of the mangakas i read for doing this to us.

Also the longer this friggin fight is the more anime fillers we will geti/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:56 AM
just die STFU about this battle if you don't like how it goes just shut up about it it's getting really annoying people don't have to say it thousands of times we heard you the first time, if you think it's lame deal with it this is how it's gonna be you might as well stop reading because every battle is gonna be like this in the future

?igma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:12 AM
dude..

you need some help with your sentences..

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:26 AM
nah it's called not giving a fuck about my spelling or my sentence structure i'm not in school i don't care if it's grammaticaly correct as long as you get the point

Hakeem_21
Mon, 09-27-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
just die STFU about this battle if you don't like how it goes just shut up about it it's getting really annoying people don't have to say it thousands of times we heard you the first time, if you think it's lame deal with it this is how it's gonna be you might as well stop reading because every battle is gonna be like this in the future

Was i talking to you?

I will say when a chapter is bad when ever i think it is so piss off.

Hotsuma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 08:17 AM

SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'm getting tired of pissants like you who can't stand that not everybody will like every fucking thing about Naruto.

Just go back to doing what you do best - suck on Naruto's two dimensional dick. Because it's pretty fucking obvious you can't handle a discussion unless everybody thinks the same way as you. Go ahead. Naruto's waiting.

?igma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 08:44 AM

SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'm getting tired of pissants like you who can't stand that not everybody will like every fucking thing about Naruto.

Just go back to doing what you do best - suck on Naruto's two dimensional dick. Because it's pretty fucking obvious you can't handle a discussion unless everybody thinks the same way as you. Go ahead. Naruto's waiting.

Hmm.. that explains the gayness that comes radiating at you since a couple chaps ._.

SK
Mon, 09-27-2004, 08:49 AM
i have a hotdog.

Strider
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:14 AM
And, now with hopes of returning this to the point of the topic header .. the chapter was decent.

Just as the majority of the readers stated, the wings were a horrible touch to an already disliked character (Sasuke).

The Rasengan, however, was very sweet. It appeared extremely concentrated, as the center orb, which rested in Naruto's hand presented none of the normal swirls or spirals of energy. It was solid chakra. And, even around that orb at the epicenter, was another larger sphere of energy. It was like Naruto was holding a massive cell of energy. The Chidori? .. It was black, and making a lot of noise. "Chichichichichichichichichi .." .. I'm biased, sue me.

Hopefully this battle will draw to an end, soon. I'm more curious about Rock Lee and Neji a lot more than I am about Sasuke. I still don't think he's good enough to take down Itachi. He needs to get over it, and show some other people.

So, in closing .. Rock Lee owns.

Mr.X
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i have a hotdog.

thats pretty nice. what kind is it? did you microwave it, or boil it? what kind of toppings you put on it? or do you eat it raw?

Hotsuma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Here's how the board works, in case don't frequent it much.

Person A : I don't like this part of the manga.

THE ENTIRE BOARD (sans a few intelligent) : DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!

Edit - Oh, and Cheese dogs are the best. (Like corn dogs, but with cheese instead)

?igma
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm sure it is translated all wrong =)

Sasugay :

Look at my shining hair, do you like me better now Naruto?

Narutard:

Ill suck you!!

----------

I swear , we have been kept out of this untill now, but the truth has revealed itself i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sharingan83
Mon, 09-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Anyone notice... This rasengan... its not a swirl of chakra when its formed... its more like alot of small slug forming together then it becomes a ball...

JDM, you know what else I noticed? (2 things)
1. Naruto's left arm is numb, though I didn't know that Kyuubi's powers can have a "side effect", did anyone?
2. When Naruto formed his Kyuubified Rasengan, he managed to do it on his own without using Kagebunshin (since he cannot use his other hand/arm)

xtort
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:18 AM

Edit - Oh, and Cheese dogs are the best. (Like corn dogs, but with cheese instead)

Let me fix that mistake for you Hotsuma:

Person A: I XXXXXXXX about Naruto.

Person B: I XXXXXXXX about Naruto too!

Person C: I XXXXXXXX about Naruto too too!

Person D: I [adding nothing significant at fucking all to the discussion] too!

This is what drives me mad. How many of the forum pages have been dedicated to stupid people constantly bickering because a) they don't agree with Person ABCD or b) they're... well, stupid.

Now, my (on topic) 2 cents... I very much liked the episode. The more I read it, the more I like it. Well, "read" might not be the best word.... "look at the purty pictures." About the only thing I disliked was Sasuke's lipstick. With the haircut, he might hit up a drag-show on the way to Orochimaru's house. And jeez, Orochimaru seems like the kinda guy that... might "swing that way". With his hands not working, who do you think was wiping his ass? Huh? Huh?

Recap: Pointless discussions suck, no matter what your view is. Sasuke's lipstick sucks. Orochimaru is gay. Kabuto wipes Orochimaru's ass. Got it?

-xtortout

Shin_Naruto
Tue, 09-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Everyone knows this is just the first part of his transformation... right?
The 'wings' are the hands of what is to come.
Ch342_p15- has a picture of the hands closed... and I think it just looks strange with the size of the wrists vs girth of the hands/wings

If I had to guess, Sasukes further transformation will:
Increase the length of the fingers to make for more 'wingspan'
extend those small spike things so they surve a purpose
add spike holes on his body so they can retract and extend for that 'ultimate defense/offense' thing
add a tail as well

what you are looking for is what evens him with naruto in 'special features'
naruto is covered in defensive chakra / sasuke in spikes
naruto has kyubi hands that extend from body / sasuke has extra hands
naruto has kyubi tail / sasuke has strange tail

I dont really like the way the 'monsterness' the manga seems to be going as I liked the ninja on ninja battles much more, but the relationships between the characters is way to much to think about walking away from.

"Kakashi has never been touched"
Zabs got him with a kick in the beginning of the fight - which knocked him into the water for the prison

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 06:34 AM
hmm... looks like the manga evolved alot since... which book do u have in ur respective home countries? or is it universal?

Stoopider
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by: Sharingan83
1. Naruto's left arm is numb, though I didn't know that Kyuubi's powers can have a "side effect", did anyone?

Thats why, I kinda think that Kyuubi's slowly coming out and taking over his body. But being numb could mean..

1) Kyuubi took over his right hand, because it's his right hand, Sasuke can see the Kyuubi's arm.
2) Just overflowing of chakra more than Naruto's bod can handle, thus damaging nerves, making hand feel funny.

We've to see.

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

Originally posted by: Sharingan83

Thats why, I kinda think that Kyuubi's slowly coming out and taking over his body. But being numb could mean..

1) Kyuubi took over his right hand, because it's his right hand, Sasuke can see the Kyuubi's arm.
2) Just overflowing of chakra more than Naruto's bod can handle, thus damaging nerves, making hand feel funny.

We've to see.

hmmm.... interesting analysis... lets see... what do u think will happen if the kyuubi takes over him? will it break out? or will it possess the bod?

Hotsuma
Tue, 09-28-2004, 09:05 AM

This is what drives me mad. How many of the forum pages have been dedicated to stupid people constantly bickering because a) they don't agree with Person ABCD or b) they're... well, stupid.

-xtortout

Welcome to Gotwoot. Here, you'll find fanboys who can only speak of Naruto with Kishimoto's dick in their mouth/up their ass. The few that don't fall into said category are always trying to be convinced into doing otherwise.

SK
Tue, 09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
no one is forcing you to post hotsuma. the monster transformations suck, bring in a real villain after this bullshit ie. itachi.

Hotsuma
Tue, 09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately, I fall underneath the same category as everybody on GW. Flamers.

Anyways...

the monster transformations suck, bring in a real villain after this bullshit ie. itachi.

Most intelligent thing said in this entire thread.

kAi
Tue, 09-28-2004, 10:56 AM
I dont really like the way the 'monsterness' the manga seems to be going as I liked the ninja on ninja battles much more, but the relationships between the characters is way to much to think about walking away from.
didnt you know this was gunna turn monsternes...

a demon stuck in a kids belly...
then the summons...
i thought it was a given it was gunna turn like this..

yeah ninja on ninja battles are really cool but this well at least i thought was gunna turn in this direction because there are demons and huge ass summons in this manga.

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: we need more NEJI

Assertn
Tue, 09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
it'll be a sad day when hotsuma is put in a position to know whether a post is intelligent or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hotsuma
Tue, 09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
it'll be a sad day when hotsuma is put in a position to know whether a post is intelligent or not

http://home.comcast.net/~uchiha/sympathy.jpg

?igma
Tue, 09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Sarcasm rox =)

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 05:42 PM
hahaz... oh man... just chill...

Winged Dancer
Tue, 09-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow, I take a few days off to study and this turned into a flame fest!! That's just SURPRISING!!!!!11 </sarcasm>

I'm with xtort in what he said about stupid, endless discussion. They are stupid.
Sasuke's lipstick is definitely stupid, too!

For the sake of actually saying something about the chapter, I'll say that uh... that the last four pages were a waste of space, since its only Naruto and Sasuke running (two pages for each of them), but the art in the last page (the double one, actually) was way too pretty. The shadowing looked just good, and Sasuke's expression was not as moronic as it looks with his transformation! Yep, good shadowing helps Sasuke. Good shadowing helps everyone.
The shadowing 0wnz you.

Shin_Naruto
Tue, 09-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by: kAi

didnt you know this was gunna turn monsternes...

a demon stuck in a kids belly...
then the summons...
i thought it was a given it was gunna turn like this..

yeah ninja on ninja battles are really cool but this well at least i thought was gunna turn in this direction because there are demons and huge ass summons in this manga.

I enjoy the summons... it had history in japan, each creature being more powerful vs one but weak against another... 'trinity' type stuff.
I enjoy it all... but that doesnt mean I like the way its going.

Im just a little miffed about the freakshow its turning into. Sasuke is almost unrecognizable physically with this latest arc... though I think it has potential to be cool story stuff... its still pretty fooking different from where it was at the beginning.
Maybe Kishimoto is getting tired of 'plain' stuff and they wont let him work on anything else... since naruto is popular - so hes changing Naruto so it still intrests him.

The underlining story of naruto remains the same... just the way its being presented is different.

just my thoughts anyway

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:44 AM
While we're on the subject of mythlogical creatures in Japan, wasn't the Orochi (8-headed dragon) another very powerful creature? Actually, a god...

That would be bad-ass if there was an Orochi in Naruto.

Oh, and..

Kyuubi from Yami to boushi to hon no Tabibito would rape the Kyuubi from Naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Noonan
Wed, 09-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Yamato no Orochi (SP?)

was an 8 headed river dragon - lots of anime's seem to use it as a generic reference for dragon enemies or attacks.

Orochi just means "snake" depending on how it is written from what I can tell.

meanwhile I have gazed into my crystal ball and here is a preview of chapter 233

Page 1 - Kikashi Running through the forest - one of his summoned dogs is leading him.

Kikashi (thought bubble) : what is this terrible pressure?

Page 2 - he arrives at the top of the waterfall - from below come sound effects indicating cracking noises.

Page 3 - far below we can see Uber-Kyubi Naruto and Level 2 boy george (I mean Sasuke) dashing at each other with the Rasengan and Chidori out.

Page 4 - Kikashi spots the 2 and immediately begins performing a jutsu.

Kikashi (thought Bubble): Please don't let me be too late.
Kikashi (Spoken): summon no jutsu!

Page 5 - Pakkun appears - Kikashi grabs him and winds up like a base ball pitcher

Kikashi (spoken) : I'm sorry old friend - this is to save the future of Konohana!
Pakkun (spoken) : What?!!

Page 6 - Kikashi throws Pakkun almost straight down - he appears to be aiming for where Naruto and Sasuke are going to meet.

Pakkun - unintelligible screaming.

Page 7-8 - Two page spread very similar to the image at the end of 232 - the two boys have met and the energy of thier attacks is causing a huge reaction - only now we see Pakkun shooting towards the intersection of the two powers.

Naruto (shouting) : Ransengan!
Sasuke (shouting) : Chidori!
Pakkun (Screaming) : Puri Puri DESU!!!!!

Page 9-10 Wide angle shot - forest - a river runs through it and Mountains are seen in the distance - A glow of energy seems to be coming from down river.

Page 11-12 Same as above - only now a giant mushroom cloud is where the glow was on 9-10

Page 13 - Remains of the waterfall - the statues have been almost completely destroyed; a giant crater lake - filled with boulders and roaring water is forming - none of the ninjas are visible in the shot.

Page 14-15 - Edge of the new lake - water can be seen rippling near one shore - a torn segement of a blue vest can be seen floating to the surface.

Page 16 - a badly wounded Pakkun drags himself out of the water and collapses.
Splash at bottom of page - "Only Pakkun Survives! What is the Power of the Soft-soft Paws?!?"

Scythe
Wed, 09-29-2004, 03:45 AM
Man, Sasuke needs to get his butt kicked, seriously. I meant, what's with the entire 'I'm an Avenger, boo hoo, I need to kill my brother and go to the dark side, bla bla bla" anway? We all know that Naruto's going to kick his ass - could they please hurry up with it, already? Maybe we need a guest appearance by Kyuubi (although that's not really possible, is it? - mhe, that's just the wishing of some weird fanfiction writer...)

?igma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by: Noonan
Yamato no Orochi (SP?)

was an 8 headed river dragon - lots of anime's seem to use it as a generic reference for dragon enemies or attacks.

meanwhile I have gazed into my crystal ball and here is a preview of chapter 233

Page 1 - Kikashi Running through the forest - one of his summoned dogs is leading him.

Page 2 - he arrives at the top of the waterfall - from below come sound effects indicating cracking noises.

Page 3 - far below we can see Uber-Kyubi Naruto and Level 2 boy george (I mean Sasuke) dashing at each other with the Rasengan and Chidori out.

Page 5 - Pakkun appears - Kikashi grabs him and winds up like a base ball pitcher

Kikashi (spoken) : I'm sorry old friend - this is to save the future of Konohana!

Page 6 - Kikashi throws Pakkun almost straight down - he appears to be aiming for where Naruto and Sasuke are going to meet.

Page 7-8 - Two page spread very similar to the image at the end of 232 - the two boys have met and the energy of thier attacks is causing a huge reaction - only now we see Pakkun shooting towards the intersection of the two powers.

Page 9-10 Wide angle shot - forest - a river runs through it and Mountains are seen in the distance - A glow of energy seems to be coming from down river.

Page 11-12 Same as above - only now a giant mushroom cloud is where the glow was on 9-10

Page 13 - Remains of the waterfall - the statues have been almost completely destroyed; a giant crater lake - filled with boulders and roaring water is forming - none of the ninjas are visible in the shot.

Page 14-15 - Edge of the new lake - water can be seen rippling near one shore - a torn segement of a blue vest can be seen floating to the surface.

Splash at bottom of page - "Only Pakkun Survives! What is the Power of the Soft-soft Paws?!?"

Kakashi i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kgirluvr2
Wed, 09-29-2004, 06:25 AM
hmmm

i guess watching them power up is cool, but taking a whole week's chapter just to see another of the same cliffhanger was dissapointing.!!

predictions:

you sasuke luvrs want sasuke to win and naruto fans want naruto to win.

I would like naruto to win. I was watching the Rasagen training eps on the anime again and it seems to me that naruto + nine tails super unlimited chakra + rasagen chakra massive compression should own sasuske!!!!!!!

but what will likely happen, is like what happened before they will colide to see who is more stronger and blow up and be pushed away again like in older chapters

or kakashi would interfere some how, possilbly die or get injured, that woudl make them stop for a while.
or sasuke could or should be able to predict naruto's hand movements like he did and kill him
or naruto's nine tails chakra claw might do a dirty trick and atk sasuke first in that instant..
or sasuke has a shadow clone ready...
or they'll see who's technique is stronger and just go head on to see who's better.

so many possbilities, so many Ors. I wonder who will win.

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by: Noonan
Yamato no Orochi (SP?)

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong. Here's how it goes.

Chapter 233 preview
--------------------------

Flashback

--------------------------

Chapter 233 end.

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by: martintopsecret
Most everyone on this board seems really pro Itachi, Kakashi sux. I think Kakashi will be able to jump into the middle of these two and fling them to the side like on the roof of the hospital.

I think he might get a chakra burn from Naruto, and Sasuke might get in a slight grazing taijutsu shot, but that is all.

Kakashi has never been touched. He has been ninjutsud by Zabuza's water prison and Itachi's Mangekyou, but that is it. (I will give Kakashi the benefit of the doubt and say that he really did let Zabs tag him just to get his scent on him. Plot device, but still adequate to say that he has never been out taijutsu'd)

Yeah, Kakashi cowered in the face of Oro, and Oro kind of cowers in the face of Itachi but...

Gai considers Kakashi THE ELITE ninja to compete with, and Itachi gave a warning regarding taking the threat of Guy seriously.

I tend to think that the x vs y things on this board are silly.

First off, the storytelling motivation will be the bottom line

second off, I think a Rock Paper Scissors relationship is just as plausible. Who knows what the elder Hyuga would do against Itachi. Enough people have said that they are THE ELITE Konoha blood limit, His body was a point of contention that almost led to a war, and did lead to the willing suicide of his hateful brother.

...where was I.

Kakashi will break these two up like the gennin they are.

hyuugas can own uchihas end of story. hinatas father could school itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM
hmm... it was said that the uchiha clan is a sub-family of the hyuuga clan and that hyuuga is the original right? can somebody explain what happened and how come uchiha is not classified under the branch family?

kAi
Wed, 09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
hasnt been explained but i would say they just went against them and said we have different ability and dont want you to be in control then the hyuga got pissed and put curse seals on all there members after that..

Assertn
Wed, 09-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by: shinichi69
hmm... it was said that the uchiha clan is a sub-family of the hyuuga clan and that hyuuga is the original right? can somebody explain what happened and how come uchiha is not classified under the branch family?

thats merely a theory. It's not a proven fact that the uchiha originated from the hyuuga. And even if it did, it was through a gradual process of evolution, not some sudden thing. It mightve even happened before the head/branch status ever existed.

besides, in this point in time, the byakugan is byakugan and sharingan is sharingan. The purpose of the branch family is to preserve the byakugan bloodlimit, not the sharingan bloodlimit.

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:03 PM
oh... thanx assertn... cos i was confused when one of the episodes introduced hyuuga as the oldest clan while uchiha as the strongest one? then the episode also proposed that uchiha was sort of part of the hyuuga through evolution...

then how about the difference in abilities? what exactly can byakugan do other than visualising chakra acupoints as well as chakra flow?

jing
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:19 PM
oh... thanx assertn... cos i was confused when one of the episodes introduced hyuuga as the oldest clan while uchiha as the strongest one? then the episode also proposed that uchiha was sort of part of the hyuuga through evolution...

then how about the difference in abilities? what exactly can byakugan do other than visualising chakra acupoints as well as chakra flow?

They can almost see nearly 360 degrees. NEARLY.

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:58 PM
byakugan users also have their own fighting stlye that focuses on chakra control since they can see the tenketsu points. sharingan users are masters of the fire type jutsu for some reason. its been speculated that the black flame itachi used may have something to do with the mangekyou sharingan.

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:10 PM

They can almost see nearly 360 degrees. NEARLY.

No, that's just Neji's Byakugan. Hisashi Hyuuga can probably see all around the, in perfect 360 degrees.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Please not ANOTHER sharigan versus byakuugan thread.

EVERYBODY knows that in Naruto: Gekitou Ninjataisen 2 Neji totally PWNS Sasuke, Kakashi, and Sharigan Kakashi. oh, Hinata does too.

And that is of course the most definitive source on all Naruto versus threads.

*If you take this seriously, please invest in some sort of help...or grow up*

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:42 PM
so true, so true. which is why neji is my favorite character in that game. its a shame he has difficulty beating my friends kyuubi naruto, but my naruto can handle it. but ... this is a little off topic...

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Neji pwned in Naruto : Gekitou Ninjataisen 2. (But Orochimaru was good too.) God bless my Freeloader and copy of game.

It's fun to beat Lee users who try to get that Extreme lotus in there. =B (scrubs)

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:55 PM
whats even funner is when times akamaru from kiba only lets the opponent get one hit out of their super move. ive stopped so many supers with that, but stoping an ura renge is the most enoyable. of course using forward a then canceling with y to go between kyuubi narutos legs when he uses that lunging scratch, cant remember if its forward a or b, may be useless... but its fun as hell.

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 10:56 PM
A really cheap guy in that game was Kankuro and his damn doll. He was damn hard to fight against.

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
kankuro would be my third favorite character in the game (1 neji, 2 naruto, 3 kankuro) just turtle, and never use that useless super of his. hes chakra is better used to counter. after a counter set up the distance and puts the karasu next to the opponent i use this cheap little combo i found: down a a (wait till karasu touches the ground) down a a a. its pretty damaging, and annoys the shit out of people.

unfortunately, zabuza owns kankuro.

Raven
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Surely you can't say characters can beat others, but rather it depends on the players and their skill level?

Hotsuma
Thu, 09-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Surely you can't say characters can beat others, but rather it depends on the players and their skill level?

Nah. That's not always the case. Certain characters sometimes have an edge over another character. Hence, tiers. It just takes a lot more effort for that underdog character to come out victorious is all.

RasenDori
Thu, 09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
in cases where the players skill is equal, it often comes down to what character is better against which. some characters cant deal with the style or certain moves of others. or instance in Naruto 2 (GC) kankurou takes a lot of damage and players should play long range with him and fight with karasu instead. however when karasu is hit it drains kankurous chakra. so a character like zabuza who easly destroy the distance between him and the opponent and hit mutiple people at a time does better against kankurou. and a solid neji game is based on faints and using his down b move to interupt opponents combos. character that lack range attacks and mix in hits that hit lower (lee and gai) neji performs solidly. but against aggressive characters that leave little room for him to interupt combos (naruto, kyuubi naruto) neji performs below average. i could break down more stuff about this game... but that requires time.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Stop talking about the goddamn Naruto games in a manga thread. There are many threads for the games scattered throughout the forum. SPAMMORZ!

RasenDori
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:01 PM
sorry...figured this topic was dead enough...just wanted to talk about something fun since no ones talking about the subject that hand anyways

again, i apologize

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
No probs.

Boogster
Thu, 10-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Hmm, I liked this episode, but I see this thread has flown off-topic, to say the least.