PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that when the anime catches up to the....

Foomanchew24
Mon, 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Do you think that when the anime catches up to the manga that they will just make stuff up or would they maybe go the route of OVA's and for that matter why not just catch up and then release OVA's?

Konohamaru
Mon, 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
it won't catch up. The idea is to read the thing first then show the anime itself. Then again, they always did plonk in some fillers here and then.

CUE
Mon, 09-20-2004, 02:16 PM
the entire idea of the filler arc is that the anime doesn't catch up to the manga.

N-Gage
Mon, 09-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: CUE
the entire idea of the filler arc is that the anime doesn't catch up to the manga.
lol, true. plus, filler arcs are also there so that manga readers wont know whats gonna happen in the ep

Eurasian
Mon, 09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
i'm sure the manga readers won't be missing out.

wirm
Tue, 09-21-2004, 01:16 AM
I have absolutely no problem with fillers. It just means more Naruto for me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

If I read the manga, I would like the fillers even more.

PSJ
Tue, 09-21-2004, 02:19 AM
im not much for the fillers. i am a manga reader. i just dont wanna see any made up shit by the producers. dont like it at all.

Lenas
Tue, 09-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by: wirm
I have absolutely no problem with fillers. It just means more Naruto for me

If I read the manga, I would like the fillers even more.

If you read the manga, you wouldn't be saying that.

Danik
Tue, 09-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
im not much for the fillers. i am a manga reader. i just dont wanna see any made up shit by the producers. dont like it at all.

Same here.

wirm
Tue, 09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Believe me, I would. Like I said in the previous post, any filler is just more material for me.

If I like a particular TV series or book series, then whenever they make a feature film, I'm happy almost no matter how crappy they make it. Of course, there are limits.

However, these fillers go nowhere near that limit (I'll call it the crappiness meter). As long as the series remains amusing, I'll continue watching it.

Heck, I don't care if they completely flip some characters around sometimes. For example in the previous episode where Kakashi gets turned into a dork, that was hilarious.

If characters just do and say the same thing over and over, it gets stale.

I can't think of a single TV series that doesn't feature an episode where one or more characters undergoes a drastic change, if only for that episode. Those eps are always the most amusing, because you see sides of the characters that you otherwise would never see. Plus, you know that it's just filler, so what are people getting upset about? They're just having some fun, so enjoy the ride.

Assertn
Tue, 09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
Believe me, I would. Like I said in the previous post, any filler is just more material for me.

If I like a particular TV series or book series, then whenever they make a feature film, I'm happy almost no matter how crappy they make it. Of course, there are limits.

However, these fillers go nowhere near that limit (I'll call it the crappiness meter). As long as the series remains amusing, I'll continue watching it.

Heck, I don't care if they completely flip some characters around sometimes. For example in the previous episode where Kakashi gets turned into a dork, that was hilarious.

If characters just do and say the same thing over and over, it gets stale.

I can't think of a single TV series that doesn't feature an episode where one or more characters undergoes a drastic change, if only for that episode. Those eps are always the most amusing, because you see sides of the characters that you otherwise would never see. Plus, you know that it's just filler, so what are people getting upset about? They're just having some fun, so enjoy the ride.

most fillers may not be a big deal, but fillers that destroy the original storyline in very significant ways are definitely not good fillers

wirm
Wed, 09-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I think of the fillers as "in addition" to the manga story arcs.

But if people think of the fillers as "destroying" the manga, then they have my sympathy.

Omri
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:01 AM
most fillers may not be a big deal, but fillers that destroy the original storyline in very significant ways are definitely not good fillers[/quote]

I can't see how filler "Destroy the original storyline".

It just a fillle, and It's cute.

tensai
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:25 AM
doesnt kishimoto watch over the production of the anime and decide whats gonna be on the anime?

i think theyll just keep doing filler arcs after certain seasons if they believe that the anime is catching up to the manga too fast

the anime will catch up to the manga somedayi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
when the manga ends

unless its gonna be like gto or hajime no ippo where the anme stops and the manga keeps going on

Gods_Son
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: N-Gage

Originally posted by: CUE
lol, true. plus, filler arcs are also there so that manga readers wont know whats gonna happen in the ep

Usually nothing significant is in a filler ep, so I wouldn't really give a shit about knowing what will happen.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 01:38 AM
And the Naruto anime is paced so slow that it would be hard in the first place to catch up to the manga.... so no need for fillers at the moment

Ervin
Thu, 09-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
And the Naruto anime is paced so slow that it would be hard in the first place to catch up to the manga.... so no need for fillers at the moment

The anime is paced slow? Well yeah, but so is the manga.

But this ep. is ok. I would rather see an filler arc than lots of ep. like 101.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Well even if the manga is paced slow... it shouldnt catch up...

If two things that are far apart and are paced the same they will never catch each other

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:08 PM
They already calculated that each episode of the anime covers an average of one and a half issues of the manga. And that, without fillers, the anime would have caught up with the manga some time in 2005.

PSJ
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:19 PM
with "they" you mena ppl on this forum right? if they can drag down the anime ep to 1 chp an ep it will never catch up of course that almost impossible but if they try as much as possible it might work.

Assertn
Thu, 09-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by: Omri
most fillers may not be a big deal, but fillers that destroy the original storyline in very significant ways are definitely not good fillers

I can't see how filler "Destroy the original storyline".

It just a fillle, and It's cute.[/quote]

if i told you why, then you'd prolly hate me for it
same goes for you, wirm

wirm
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:13 PM
yeah, best not to spoil in any case.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 09-24-2004, 02:01 PM
how many weeks ahead do you think the animators/cartoonists are ahead of what we see each week?
I would say at least a month based solely on scenes in the inros in the past that we see in the anime.