PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good time to....

Mookie
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Is this a good time to start reading the manga?

Since this filler arc is coming into play in the anime and it seems that it is going to effect the next arc, or so I read in the open forums, is it wise for me to start being a manga reader?

Eurasian
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:05 AM
manga...good

if u want story then read the manga.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:06 AM
It's always a good time to read the manga!!
It has more blood!
It's more graphic!!
And the fillers will most probably suck.
Which is something the current arc is not doing!!

So yes, by all means.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Well, I have to say that my anime viewing experience is lessened as a result of reading the manga. I began reading the manga at a point where I just absolutely needed to know what was going to happen next. But, I now know what's going to happen, and the excellent animated version of the story won't be my first experience of the story. However, in defense of the manga, it's very good as far as mangas go. One of the better ones in fact, ever. It's just that anime is also one of the ones ever. So, it's hard to say. read like 10 chapters ahead of where the anime left off and try to make your decision. Personally, I wish I had shown some more will power and just sticked to the anime (again, not trying to take anything from this excellent manga, it's just my preference).

Zhan
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Yea, I just really needed to know what happened next so I started reading the manga...although the manga is not as exicting as the anime because its not moving, thats why I still watch anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif but manga good, i dont regret anything

kAi
Sun, 09-19-2004, 03:17 AM
read the manga...its better.
well ive mainly liked to read manga i just like it...
and then i get to see the scenes i like animated...

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
I also started to read the manga because I had to know how the Naruto/Neji fight would turn out, but I still like the anime too. If you really want to find out what's going to happen, read the manga. Though you might regret it later because the manga has a slower pace at times and leaves you hanging a lot more often...

But it's really awesome to see a favorite chapter of the manga animated later.

Lucian5000
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Start with Manga chapter 170 and work your way up from there.

PSJ
Sun, 09-19-2004, 02:46 PM
no no no. you should read it from the start. its worth it.

jing
Sun, 09-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Hell yes.

NM
Sun, 09-19-2004, 03:50 PM
yep, this is a really good time to read the manga, now that the anime is going to be in filler-zone for awhile. I just started reading it (from chapter 172) and it is AWESOME.

Souryusen
Sun, 09-19-2004, 04:01 PM
The manga is definitely worth a read. Only downside is that sometimes when you watch the same scene in the anime you're left disappointed.

That aside, however... you really should just read the manga from start to present. The current material is some of the best to date.

Konohamaru
Mon, 09-20-2004, 02:14 PM
yah I see no harm in reading the manga. Just remember to read from right to left, lol. U can start at the beggining if u wish or have the time. It's much more detailed and gory so up to u

Jman
Mon, 09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
read it. it will enhance your naruto viewing experience in so many ways. i have regrets about reading it and i never felt like it 'spoiled' the anime exp. for me.
once again read it, you won't be sorry.

Lucian5000
Mon, 09-20-2004, 06:20 PM
You see the fights in the Manga, but they look so much cooler in the anime. I say, read the manga. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

jing
Mon, 09-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Anime fights aren't spectacular at all. It's not even real ninja things. Half the time kunais don't hit. It's all about the Naruto kick boxing.

Mookie
Tue, 09-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, seems consensus is to go ahead with the manga.

Thanks for all the input guys.