PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Country

NomoZ
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:42 PM
when i saw the next episode preview for episode 101, i almost cried.

A couple months ago i was reading one of my friend's issues of Newtype Magazine and i came across an article about naruto. It was a QandA with the director i think. One thing discussed was what's going to happen next in the series. The director said that they will be taking a break from the main storyline to space out the anime from the manga, and that they'd introduce a new major character for this part of the story. So when i saw this new character, i knew this was the begining of the side story.

I'm not sure about this tho, i'm going to try and get that issue of the magazine from my friend so i can confirm my fears. When i do i will try to post the article here.

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Well, I deviation from the main story line might not be too bad, if it is from Kishimoto. They need to do it eventually, but I definitely hope the quality is better than episode 101. There is potential for this to be good if they do it well.

Eurasian
Fri, 09-17-2004, 04:05 PM
the tea country...now everyone can learn how to have a tea ceremony!

yah, i hope it's good or else my appreciation of naruto will be zero.

Danik
Sat, 09-18-2004, 02:46 AM
I doubt Kishimoto will have something to do with the side story, I know he did have something to do with the movie, but most of the time side stories in animes are made by people other than the author that have no talent.
As a result 2 things happen:
#1 they make the anime more confusing and even go as far as destroying the original character develpment that the author had.
#2 They become way predictable, thus people lose interest on the anime (Saint Seiya comes to mind)
Unfortunatelly there's no way to stop what's coming for Naruto, is either that or stop the anime for a while, and because Naruto is making some good $$ there's no way that would happen.
I'm just hoping they don't make the new saga like that "battle at something waterfall" special.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-18-2004, 11:33 AM
*prepares himself for atleast 2 months of no naruto watching*

jing
Sat, 09-18-2004, 12:06 PM
*puts on Naruto hibernation mode no jutsu*

Eurasian
Sat, 09-18-2004, 01:39 PM
whatever danik said made me really sad...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif not made by kishimoto...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-18-2004, 04:48 PM
This could be timely.. I need a good start to this year at uni anyway...

NL|MegaMika
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Maybe it's not bad at all. It's possible we get to see something like the Zabuza storyline. In any case, better one filler stoyline than many episodes like 101. they ruined Kakashi and Sasuke in it.

kAi
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:53 AM
i was thinkin also to stop watchin the anime for a while..

Jakins
Sun, 09-19-2004, 11:55 AM
hahahhahaha, you'll just download it every thursday like everone else!

Konohamaru
Sun, 09-19-2004, 12:41 PM
I don't mind a side story, just saw it too and I thought it was funny. But I can't wait to see the main action later on and getting back on track with the comics.

PSJ
Sun, 09-19-2004, 03:11 PM
ill just keep myself to the manga, you should do the same.

basey44
Mon, 09-20-2004, 09:28 AM
nuh you know youll download the anime every week just like every one else, u wont be able to help yourself(i know, cos ill be the same)

SilentSnake
Mon, 09-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
nuh you know youll download the anime every week just like every one else, u wont be able to help yourself(i know, cos ill be the same)

sad but true i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i was thinking about quiting for some time too, but let's face it - we'll download this shit anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

?igma
Mon, 09-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by: SilentSnake

Originally posted by: basey_69

sad but true

i was thinking about quiting for some time too, but let's face it - we'll download this shit anyway

Happely deleting it afterwards i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Danik
Tue, 09-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by: SilentSnake
i was thinking about quiting for some time too, but let's face it - we'll download this shit anyway

Lol, too true, altho I won't burn the upcoming saga, I'll just jump from the last episode until they pick up with the story line.

Kumiriko
Wed, 09-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Hummm. the preview made me think

Naruto now fetuering Samuri action. or at lest swordmen. looks like the other filler eps of debt collecting has previewd Some of whats to come maybe. I alwas kinda wonderd if there were any none ninja hidden villages. Ninjas cant be the only Fighting Disaplen group

HimizujinEternia
Wed, 09-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Hmmm... Naruto's first actual Filler Arc... well, I'll give it a shot. There are gonna be filler arcs in the future, might as well see what these guys can do NOW.

Besides, Studio Pierrot is an animation studio I consider more professional than, say, Toei (makers of such filler arcs as the Apis arc in One Piece.) I'm sure they can come up with something impressive.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
Besides, Studio Pierrot is an animation studio I consider more professional than, say, Toei (makers of such filler arcs as the Apis arc in One Piece.) I'm sure they can come up with something impressive.
i hope ur right!!!

Kumiriko
Wed, 09-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I hope he is right nuf to not get a repeat of eps 101. That was funny but Gah! too many of those will sink this boat

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 07:08 AM
haha... cool...

leave no man behind

Jaredster
Wed, 09-29-2004, 01:06 AM
to you people who are saying "im gonna take a break from naruto/anime" right now, it's just like smoking... you say you won't do it anymore, but next week you will download the new one and watch it anyways.

shinichi69
Wed, 09-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
to you people who are saying "im gonna take a break from naruto/anime" right now, it's just like smoking... you say you won't do it anymore, but next week you will download the new one and watch it anyways.

hahaz... nice comparison Jaredster! Naruto is surely addictive and irresistable~!