Let's sort the facts:

Kishimoto-san creates Naruto
Kishimoto-san likes DBZ
Naruto adapts themes that are commonly associated with DBZ
people won't ever stop to make posts about obvious similarities
other kinds of people won't ever stop argueing that this is not true
there won't be a cold night in hell
the "flames" will not stop
discussions get unnecesserily cluttered by individuals discussing the meaning of life and it's relation to DBZ
massive amounts of rather private discussions cluttering the topics turn down the usefullness of and fun here in the forums to a large extend
something needs to be done. Period.

Alright, let's check possible options:

a rules posting telling people not to make Naruto<->DBZ comparisons
- people do not read postings about forum rules
- people want to "discuss" it

a sticky topic here in Naruto Manga just for comparing Naruto and DBZ every week
The forum right now has a sticky problem, otherwise I would consider this to be the best option

a new forum section "Naruto Comparisons"
The way to go. As a moderator I vote for Hotsuma, this way about 60% of the posts in that forum will be automatically checked by a moderator in real time upon writing.

So, hence this poll:
Shallt we humbly pledge thee forum lords to bestow a new forum upon us unworthy subjects?

Assertn
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:03 AM
wait.....so you're saying to have.....
Naruto Anime
Naruto Open Discussion
Naruto Manga
Naruto Comparisons
?

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:06 AM
I really don't care.......i see the comparsion, i know naruto may have that corny power up thing

but it all really comes down to depth, naruto is deeper than DBZ, better character building and hence i like it better.

meh, do whatever, i guess make a thread for them to post in.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I disagree w/the forum thing. And the rule thing.

Nothing wrong w/making a few comparisons between Naruto and any other anime. It's just a part of criticsm. Good or bad, doesn't really matter. It's just when people start taking it too far, and begin to gripe at us for doing so that things get blown into a discussion. Same thing could be said about making fun of things in Naruto. People do it for fun, but others (I'm looking at you, fanboys) bitch and moan, because it's "the same ol, same ol."

The sticky thing isn't a bad idea, though. I'm sure we'll be seeing many more DBZ similarities in the future, so there should be a sticky for it. And, of course, fanboys should stay out of it, and go about their way.

Eurasian
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:10 AM
couldn't it be discussed in the threads or whatever?

Assertn
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:11 AM
adding the new forum would only be useful if people werent already bored with dbz discussions

empT3
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:12 AM
i think it's just a cycle that the anime is going through to make certain story arcs possible in the future. Once the cycle stops, the comparisons will stop (albeit it IS annoying seeing every thread hijacked by the same thing)

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:13 AM
We should just sticky the Naruto Ball Z thread. That thread rocks.

Elessar
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:14 AM
@Eurasian: It's a different topic so it gets its own topic.

I know that a fourth naruto forum would be overkill, but I think of it as an appropriate point of start for a discussion. It is a clearly isolated and separated entity that everyone who is bored of the endless comparisons can avoid without much hassle. As I said before, the sticky would have been my wish but stickies have some problems right now iirc.

People want to discuss it so a rule isn't a solution and I acknowledge these comparisons as valid criticism, I just think they should be collected somewhere seperate, not inline the chapter discussions. Personally, I think the chapter discussions should be rather story-centric. What happened, what will that change for the future, which new questions arise and which questions were concluded. The well known comparisons are imho more general observations that just happen to manifest themself in certain chapters (if they wouldn't, they wouldn't occur).

Over the last few weeks I think these debates on principles took overhand. It's an alarm signal when you can find a "back to topic" in every fourth or fifth posting. That's why I started this principle debate. Leave it as it is, or seperate them. We, the members of this forum, need to make that decision (the more the better). Sticking with hotsuma's Naruto Ball Z topic is fine from my point of view, maybe even making it sticky if possible - or keeping it alive in other ways. Applying an (un)written, member evolved, forum rule to discuss these things here and that things there.

Once a critical mass has been (made) aware of and realized the problem, the solution isn't far away anymore.

Stoopider
Fri, 09-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Lemme revise this

Kishimoto-san creates Naruto
Kishimoto-san likes DBZ
Naruto adapts themes that are commonly associated with DBZ
people won't ever stop to make posts about obvious similarities
other kinds of people won't ever stop argueing that this is not true
there won't be a cold night in hell
the "flames" will not stop
discussions get unnecesserily cluttered by individuals discussing the meaning of life and it's relation to DBZ
massive amounts of rather private discussions cluttering the topics turn down the usefullness of and fun here in the forums to a large extend
In comes in Mut@t@
Hell Fire and Brimstone Flames enter into the fray
Newbie gets pissed and says that we're all assholes
Newbie leaves forum.. and disturbs us no longer
GotWoot forum members celebrates, till some extent honoring newbie troller with Gotwoot Survivor symbol of stupidity

New Newbie comes in, asks question whether Naruto is similar to dbz

A circle of life!

Orrrrr......

Terracosmo our Moderator most high, decides to create a new Forum, for comparisons, and stupid questions
Newbie Enters the Forum.. Start asking about Comparison and Stupid Question's in Official Naruto Forum
Thread gets moved to stupid questions forum
Same Newbie starts new thread about comparisons, and stupid questions in General Discussion forum

Must I go on?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-17-2004, 05:01 AM
anyone not able to discuss naruto without comparing it to dbz should just die period

PSJ
Fri, 09-17-2004, 06:33 AM
hmm i dont care if ppl compare naruto to dbz they are free to think what they want but dont create a new forum for it thats just stupid.

EDIT: you might as well sticky that naruto ball z thread.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
anyone not able to discuss naruto without comparing it to dbz should just die period

And here lies the problem.

chet_chetty
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:58 PM
one of many

xtort
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I have a much better idea. What we need are "ignore" buttons, which allow you to ignore all posts from a user. It should be cookie-driven, and the cookies, per user, would expire in a month. You could continually renew the "ignore" that way, you would never have to see another annoying "OMG THAT'S DBZISH" spam post again. I wonder, out of everyone's post count, how much is BS repetitive spam, that has been constantly over-stated, in (almost) concurrent posts no less.

When the three people before you said "WOW THIS WAS COOL" or "OMG DBZ" you're not helping things by repeating either of those and being the fourth. You're stupid for it. You haven't helped in a discussion. You haven't added anything to it. All you've done is waste peoples' time and made them read your stupid rantings.

Originally posted by: Hotsuma

Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz

And here lies the problem.

There are so many problems in these statements, it makes me want to not bother. The problem is that some people don't want to see DBZisms, and some people want to see nothing but. The one camp now wants the other to die. Because this matters.... ???

I beg of the moderators: add an IGNORE button so I can happily believe that people are rational and intelligent. Thank you much.

-the bearded lady

?igma
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Fag....

OH SHIT THATS FLAMING, sorry ._.

Assertn
Fri, 09-17-2004, 04:15 PM
i think we need more mods

PSJ
Mon, 09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
more mods would maybe be a good thing but i dont understand what it got to do with this. the main problem is that ppl dont accept each others opinions. and you cant really do anything to correct that.

Masamune
Mon, 09-20-2004, 12:52 PM
even more naruto forums is bad >_>
open discussion is already dieing.

PSJ
Mon, 09-20-2004, 01:02 PM
yea more or less. some weird new threads about spiderman - naruto has showed up tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

AlbinoFury
Mon, 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
this is stupid if we created a forum for every overflamed topic wed have billions of forums. I mean just think about it, wed have the OMG i wanna kill Sakura foru, the OMG Sasuke is gay forum, the OMG i want Itachi to put it in my butt forum, the who the hell is the strongest forum, i mean come on i could go on forever, theirs no way in hell we need a naruto comparison forum, we already have open discussion take it there where all the rest of the spam goes

Kenshiro
Mon, 09-20-2004, 03:37 PM
There is no point in a new forum because there is nothing to discuss.

Some people think that Naruto is like DBZ (or insert whatever here)
Some people think its not
Some people thinks its better
Some people think its worse

It definately doesnt justify an entire forum when things like Samurai Champloo only have one it total.

Assertn
Mon, 09-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
more mods would maybe be a good thing but i dont understand what it got to do with this. the main problem is that ppl dont accept each others opinions. and you cant really do anything to correct that.

im not referring to opinions, im referring to insane amounts of spam and off-topic posts

appelsap
Mon, 09-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
yea more or less. some weird new threads about spiderman - naruto has showed up tho

hey shut up!! my thread pwns!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-29-2004, 08:24 AM
The mods must be crazy.

(Sattire for a certain movie. -- If you can't figure it out, don't bother living.)

Boogster
Thu, 10-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Frankly, I'm with xtort. There is a lack of maturity on both sides of the fence. Compromise, children.

archAvenger24
Sat, 10-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
I really don't care.......i see the comparsion, i know naruto may have that corny power up thing

but it all really comes down to depth, naruto is deeper than DBZ, better character building and hence i like it better.

meh, do whatever, i guess make a thread for them to post in.

I completely agree. The scar of DBZ will always be around but Naruto differs in many ways if attentioned is payed.

Assertn
Sat, 10-09-2004, 03:05 AM
why are people STILL talking about this?

Lefty
Sat, 10-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Cuz they have nothing better to do. Just lock it for the love of god.

kAi
Tue, 10-26-2004, 02:13 AM
well as the title says Naruto Comparrisons, so i put it here, but if there is a better thread to put this in or start a new one then say so.
well heres a pic to start this off.

This is from a new manga Yanime are doing Gintama.
Here's Rock Lee and a Cat girls love child...even the editor put a note saying this. lol

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/827960/rockleecatchild.gif