PDA

View Full Version : No Leaf Clover - Online manga back again!

Oraichu
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Good evening, I recently started working on "No Leaf Clover" yet again! I haven't worked on it for over 8 months!

I have updated the manga by 2 pages so far and I'll try to finish page 30 asap (20% finished). I have also updated the "Characters section", and I will try to update it more than before! Which is most likly possible, since we got a person who edits the pages and also colors the pics! (then it's easier to make many pages also. He haven't edit a single page or colored a single pic so far, but he'll start working asap also!)

Check out the manga and give me your opinion about it! Just keep in mind that the first pages are up to 14 months old! And I do not draw that bad now >_> When you read the manga, you'll notice that it get's better and better as you read it further i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

the manga >>> No Leaf Clover - Online Manga (http://www.nlc.thefinalheaven.com) <<<

Santah
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
its ok, I like the way you arrange your scenes, but dont you think calling it "the best manga on the web" is a little presumptuous?

Oraichu
Thu, 09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I know it may not be the best, but it has at least a bit quallety in it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I think some people said the scenes was too simple, but I do remember another one saying that there was too many people who's trying to make those super fancy scene which really just end up looking like crap and you can't understand what the drawing it suposed to look like. But I think many of the squares are too small, and I should draw them bigger to make the drawing better and also make it more exciting ^^

Keep posting comments about the manga! (I'll try to update the page asap T_T)

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-16-2004, 07:45 PM
This is easily the best manga ever, because on the first page my name is on the sign "Welcome to Terra"! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Seriously though your drawing is very good, but the plot is mega-cliché in so many ways. They even eat ramen lol. Then again somehow that makes it interesting... you can tell that the author is a complete manga/anime junkie. Which isn't a bad thing of course...

Oraichu
Fri, 09-17-2004, 08:26 AM
heh, I admit the manga is a mess at start, since I was just starting to draw manga then. As you may have noticed the manga improves as you read further. ^^
The ramen-part is from me, I eat ramen :3 I usually take parts of their personallety from me or some of my friends which makes it funny to read. (oh yes, I really really do <3 pizza! That's why Clive said "let's just go home and eat a pizza or something." ^^; )

I'll try to work alot on the manga in the weekend, but then again, I have to go to parties and drink alot of booze... I'm not sure if I'll manage to do alot then >_<

Sasucker
Sun, 09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
It appears to be a pretty decent manga. I think that the first battle may have taken too long for an introduction... but that's all up to the artist/author I suppose. I think one of the main aspects of it that really, really need to be fixed is the spelling. I find it atrocious, it's like I'm reading the hl2fallout or gamefaqs forums (not a good thing). While the drawings have gotten better, I think they still need quite a bit of work. It took me about 9 months to get any good (go to http://stuff5688.deviantart.com). Just keep practicing!

Oraichu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
hum hum. I wouldn't say the art is bad at the last pages, or is it? I know very well that the spelling is a big prob, that's why I hired a guy to the edit the pages so he'll write and edit them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The 30th page is drawn finished! It only need to get edited and will then be thrown online asap (Probably tomorrow and hopefully too!)

Keep visiting the page and post comments! Drop by the "Characters section" and also post comments about the colored pics! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sasucker
Mon, 09-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry if I sounded like I didn't like your drawings. It's just that the bodies look too stiff for their relaxed natures. You should really work on making them more lax and loose i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

And you're paying someone to edit for you? I'll help out with drawings and edit for free.... PM me for contact info...?

Sasucker
Mon, 09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
By PM, I suppose I mean just post on this thread...

Oraichu
Fri, 09-24-2004, 12:19 PM
ok, I understand.

Page 30 is finished... but the guy who is hosting the page (also working on the manga... at least a bit.) is on a weekend travel. So I guess it won't be uploaded until late at sunday.

Sasucker, you're welcome to edit the pages if you want! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif You could edit page 31 when it's done, and we'll see how it is. And also have to consider what's the best thing to do, for me to do it, or have someone else to do it. Since it would be a mistake to let someone else edit the pages if they took too long to do the job (we had a guy hired, but he was simply too lazy...).

Do you have msn?

To all others: Post comments about the manga!

Sasucker
Sat, 09-25-2004, 03:09 AM
MSN is stuff5688@hotmail.com

Oraichu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Sasucker: Thanks, I've added you.

To all others: Page 30 is finally online! Check it and post comments! :3
(the adress is in my signatuere)

Oraichu
Wed, 09-29-2004, 11:26 AM
hmmm... no replies? T_T;

oh well. Anyways, page 31 is now online! Check it and post comments about it. This is especially inportant to this page since it's not me who have edited it. Erik (aka: Sasucker at this forum) have edited it, and I want to know if you think it's better edited than before or worse. Post comments! ^^

Oraichu
Wed, 10-06-2004, 02:14 PM
oh my oh my...

Looks like this thread is pretty dead ; ; (oh no ;_; )
I would really really love if people would bother to visit the page!

I've made a speacial page: fall 04 to celebrate the fall ^^ (do you have fall holydays? At least we do in norway)
Sorry for thripple posting....

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Edit your posts. They will get updated that way.

Maybe more people would comment if you did other things at the forums than plugging your comic. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Oraichu
Wed, 10-13-2004, 04:51 PM
yes, maybe. I'm really sorry for almost only posting in this topic, but I'm awfully busy. And it's really hard to stay active in many forums at the time. (I also want people to start reading the manga, or at least check it out.)

anyways, new page is online! I'm currently working on a new banner to the page, which may make the page look a bit cooler i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif The banner will hopefully be finished within the weekend!

We have also made a system on the pages: NEW PAGE EACH WEDNESDAY! ^^

having any questions about the manga? post them here!