PDA

View Full Version : Official Gotwoot Game

DraGunZer0
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Due to a recent conversation on IRC with fellow gotwoot members, we've decided we need an official game so us gotwooters can have game night. Vote well... then get the winning game so us gotwooters can all play with each other.

::EDIT:: Even if you don't play any of these you should atleast get the winning game so that you can play with your fellow gotwooters

Mut
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:10 PM
WC3

i'ma get back into it as soon as i can.

NM
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Any game is good to me but I'm up for Halo!

ragnarokex
man forgot that its all about counter stirke

Charlf00
Not That Im going to be playing any of them,but w3 seems cool.

Souryusen
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Warcraft... CS can suck my left one.

Arcn3ss
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:18 PM
wc3 ALL THE WAY.

Only cuz Star Ocean 3 isnt listed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DraGunZer0
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:20 PM
After discussing this a bit... I just realized we needed seperate CD keys for some of these games... so if the winning game is something that does not need a seperate cd key for each person, I (or a fellow gotwooter) will be happy to supply you with one. But if it does require a seperate cd key (CS, WC3 for example) be prepared to get your own to participate in our game days =/

woofcat
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Star Craft. And host your own game on Ip connect to someone with Uber fast internet thus not cd key checking.

DraGunZer0
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Scum stick to the poll!.... but i'll add it to the list anyways

::EDIT:: Damn people! atleast tell me to put things up don't reset the votes =/
::EDIT2:: Also use caps! trying to make the poll look good and I don't wanna fix your errors!
::EDIT 3:: Guess it wasn't admins doing, someone is messing up the poll and we need a fair honest poll to get the game we all want, don't put in games not everyone can play like FFXI baka. Also add 5 votes to WC3 because someone removed it so the votes for it got reset.

Remember WC3 has 5 more votes than what it has right now.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:56 PM
I voted for ragnarok...only anime based game there

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:19 PM
i second that Kane Inferno. besides there are free server out there, some of us cheapskate out there (including me) can play. so ragnarok is my vote

Aclypze
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
I would say.....

1. Warcraft 3: Frozenthrone
2. Counterstrike
3. Priston Tales [ not on the list =( ]
4. Diablo II: LOD[ not on the list =( ]
5. Gunbound

Those are the games that i currently play, 1 being the game i play the most. I can host games for warcraft, so im game!

Oh wait I also play tetra master[not on the list =( ]!! But thats only on my friend's house... damn pay to play crap.

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Starcraft or WC3 are both fine. The other online games will be too addictive and time consuming, and I have stopped playing online games years ago due to them conflicting with my r/l. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:45 PM
we should all play mmorpg, cos every single gotwooter can join in the fun

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
i second that Kane Inferno. besides there are free server out there, some of us cheapskate out there (including me) can play. so ragnarok is my vote

true...if we put together a server, everyone could play for free...and the game client is a free dl from the website so no need to purchase software even

Assertn
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
we should all play mmorpg, cos every single gotwooter can join in the fun

yeah, if you assume mmorpgs are fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
starcraft would be cool though

jing
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:56 PM
If we play Ragnarok. We should get a Gotwoot ragnarok server... (yes its illegal i know). shhhhh..

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Should all play an mmorpg and start a clan or something. City of Heroes or World of Warcraft! Of the types listed, I vote rainbow six 3: raven shield. Add these to the poll.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:04 AM
sure it's fun Assertn Failure where else can u see a 42 year old man that takes on a role of a hot cat girl married to a 17 year old dood that is going through puberty that took up a role of a mascular samurai dood. u can only see that in online mairrage...or maybe on jerry springer.

KaneInferno
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by: jing
If we play Ragnarok. We should get a Gotwoot ragnarok server... (yes its illegal i know). shhhhh..

if we get permission its not illegal, thats the good part

Shi_No_Shikaku
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:27 AM
WC3

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:15 PM
bah, mmorpgs could be fun.....if it wasnt just about spending hours upon hours slashing npcs up just so you can reach higher levels, get better weapons, and access to stronger npcs.

UT2004 would be nuts with alot of people.....ive honed my accuracy very well with the instagib rifle i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif......unfortunately i never get around to playing pc games much these days.....

Elite Hentai
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:02 PM
The perfect games for us would be the Naruto games...

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by: Elite Hentai
The perfect games for us would be the Naruto games...
yeah, cuz we can all play that online.

SK
Thu, 09-16-2004, 02:10 PM
ill be playing world of warcraft day its released i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jing
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by: KaneInferno

who can we get it from by the way.. i wouldnt mind starting one, if it isnt overpriced

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Ya um...im an idiot. Whats the difference between wc3 and wow? hell what the heck is wow?

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:43 PM
wc3 is the same old wc3 you know, but wow is a bit different. i think it's an online only game. i'm not too sure of the details either. also, i think you have to pay to play it but i might be completely incorrect about that cuz i think i'm getting another game mixed up.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/

btw, wc3 is winning by like 1000000 votes.

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
thanks mut@t@, your my hero.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Thu, 09-16-2004, 05:02 PM
too bad FFXI isent on da list. gonna get my FFXI in a few days time

PossiblE
Thu, 09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Ya um...im an idiot. Whats the difference between wc3 and wow? hell what the heck is wow?
Heh, World of Warcraft is an MMORPG. If you've ever played an MMORPG you basically know what WoW will be like, just it will have that Blizzard touch.

KaneInferno
Thu, 09-16-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by: KaneInferno

who can we get it from by the way.. i wouldnt mind starting one, if it isnt overpriced

ibelive you can contact them through their website. there are a couple rules though, like you have to have a certain connection speed, a comp set up just to host the server and only to do that, real technical hardware stuff

DraGunZer0
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Reason why some games aren't in the list is because you need to pay monthly.. unless you're willing to pay for many of us gotwooters, I'm not going to put no MMORPG up on that list. As for Warcraft and such, I have a few that claim they will be able to get their hands on cd keys for all of us, so I'll take their word for it. (Anyways, I think the voting is far too into it to add more games now.)

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:41 PM
you shouldnt keep adding games after people vote........not only cant they change their vote, but it takes away voting from the older game....

it just messes things up unless you start over from scratch

PossiblE
Thu, 09-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Heh, I just realized this thread was a poll... I must ask, why would you vote for Warcraft 3 over Starcraft? Do you not understand the depth and skill involved in Starcraft and the utter repetitiveness of Warcraft 3?

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
both games are unique....
but WC3 is missing one important thing.....

the zerg

kAi
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:08 PM
UT04...

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:44 PM
holy cow, UT2004 is tied with WC3 now!!
i didnt realize it was so popular i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:51 PM
actually wc3 has +5 more votes cuz poll was reset somehow...

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:57 PM
are you saying the poll before it reset was
game1 = 0
game2 = 0
game3 = 0
game4 = 0
wc3 = 5

?

Stoopider
Fri, 09-17-2004, 07:40 AM
DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA

PSJ
Fri, 09-17-2004, 07:46 AM
gunbound all the way, thats the only game i play.

Tofu #2
Sun, 09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
holy shit i never realized there was another dota player here on gw. whats your sn stoopider?

Kakafosha
Sun, 09-19-2004, 09:36 PM
- Counter Strike - We would need a good server hosted, kinda a hassle.
- Halo (PC) - I dont have it and I dont plan on getting it.
- GunBound - Kinda a dumb boring game.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 - Seems like a lot of computers will not be able to support this game. We all dont have good computers.
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Who the hell plays this crap...
- StarCraft - We dont want to play old games..
- Ragnarok - I know of a really good private server (free) and its up 24/7 and has been running for more than a year. It runs on a 100 megabit connection, i think 6 dual xeons, and is currently running 1500 people almost all day with no lag at all. People come to play on this server from all over the world and seem to get very good lag. Low rates 3/3/3.
- WarCraft 3 - Well, we all wont get good lag depending what server we play in. I live in california and with a 3mb cable connection, playing on useast is laggy. However, its still a good game and we could just try to let people with good lag host the game.

So I would recommend Warcraft 3 and Ragnarok as the best games we can all play. However, Ragnarok would be free for everyone (only hard part is dling it, almost 500mb all together to dl) and we could start a guild and stuff. For warcraft I'd like to maybe start a Dota clan. I havent played the new patch with new heroes, I heard its kinda weird.

EDIT: Response to jing's comment about ro servers being illegal. what i've read on many websites and places that chat about running your own ro server, its completely legal. whats not allowed is modifying their client. im not entirely sure if this is true, but we (gotwoot people) can maybe do some more research about that..

PossiblE
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
- StarCraft - We dont want to play old games..
That makes no sense, just because a game is old doesn't mean it's unplayable or not good.
Starcraft is probably one of the best games of all time, I would play that over Warcraft 3 any day, there is a reason why Starcraft is still being played 6 years after its release.

Kakafosha
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:49 PM
i didnt say the game was no good, its just i've played it so many times i want to play something with a new challenge. that goes for others too. thats fine that you like the game so much, but a couple of us are tired of that game now.

DraGunZer0
Sun, 09-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Well... it seems we have a winner.

The official Gotwoot game is:
~~~ WarCraft 3 ~~~

Now I'll go discuss this with the people who brought up the topic to see how we are gonna get people to play with us...

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-19-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm terrible at that game. I have yet to beat the campaign on normal difficulty. In fact, right now I'm stuck on the mission where you have to stop the caravans from infecting the villages. that's right, the human campaign. sigh, won't be playing you people any time soon.