PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie Discussion

Kagari
Wed, 09-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, seeing the other thread about release time just made me even more eager to see this movie. But i figured we could all talk about what we expect, what we'd like to see and anything else naruto related.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the apparent history of Kakashi...I seriously hope it addresses the whole "where'd he get that sharingan" issue.

Mut
Wed, 09-15-2004, 08:48 PM
it's not gonna explain anything about his sharingan. the movie isn't important enough to address something like that. the best part of the whole movie is gonna be kakashi chidori'ing the ice wolf.

basey44
Wed, 09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
the movie has already been discussed at gfreat length with an entire "this is exactly what happened post" which seems to go on forever

Souryusen
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I feel my post in the old Konoha Sports Day thread pretty well sums up the movie.

Originally posted by: Souryusen
Snowboard ninjas in robot suits.... actually sounds like a peg-leg away from greatness.

Invariably the movie will be the ultimate adventure where team 7 will make friends and enemies that will last a lifetime.... and then never speak of them again.

Also, Naruto should sing.

And Sasuke.

I can guarantee that my spin on the film is probably more entertaining than the actual movie.

Especially the ninja line-dancing.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
it's not gonna explain anything about his sharingan. the movie isn't important enough to address something like that. the best part of the whole movie is gonna be kakashi chidori'ing the ice wolf.

if its not improtant enough, why is it in Japanese theaters?

Mut
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by: KaneInferno

god... you tool, i meant that it's not important enough to the main storyline of the naruto series.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
ummm...according to bits and pieces from the movie special. i dont think it's gonna be kakashi's past on how he got his freaky eye but rather his anbu days.

overall i'm excited bout the movie even if it's a filler, spin off or wateva pep wanna call it.

kupalmaru
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
When are they going to show Naruto the movie in Japan.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:40 PM
21st of August. so it's already out in jpn

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Well, you know in the "movie special" kakashi says "looks like i have no choice" (or osmething along those lines) then he pull out his sharingan and the girl fainets? What was that all aboutz.? Is it possible he has mangkyou sharingan?

Well off that topic, i cant wait for the either., it just look so damn good. Its going to be a highly sucessful movie, another movie im waiting for is FF7 Advent Children.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:55 PM
sharingan have hypnotic power thats all. remember how itachi made the hot chick go out with jiraiya??that kinda hypnotic power.

yeah and advent children will roxor my boxer.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:18 PM
advent children 's gonna be sweet...

btw i saw the sasuke must die trailer(amv)and to be honest i had more interest in it than the actual naruto movie...it was a well made vid

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by: -ANBU-Sasuke-
Well, you know in the "movie special" kakashi says "looks like i have no choice" (or osmething along those lines) then he pull out his sharingan and the girl fainets? What was that all aboutz.? Is it possible he has mangkyou sharingan?

Well off that topic, i cant wait for the either., it just look so damn good. Its going to be a highly sucessful movie, another movie im waiting for is FF7 Advent Children.
the girl faints?? sounds like he's some kinda heartthrob or something.

1st i heard advent children was gonna come out during the summer then dec. when is it?!?! but yah, the previews look so good!!

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:26 PM
the newest date i heard was feb 14th 2005...and it looks promising, i think its going to be out in japan soon if it isnt already

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:29 PM
urgh...summer then dec now feb...and on valentine's day??

Kenshiro
Thu, 09-16-2004, 05:22 AM
There has already been a million threads about when the stupid movie will come out.

OK, listen up.

1) The movie will suck ass

2) We will not learn anything good about Kakashi's past

3) Kakashi can NOT do the mangekyou sharingan

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-16-2004, 05:40 AM
What Kenshiro said.

jing
Thu, 09-16-2004, 06:46 AM
Look they won't show any important information that has not yet been revealed in the manga. Stuff like Naruto and Fourth relationship, kakashi's eye, just isnt going to happen.

KaneInferno
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:24 PM
then whats the point of the movie if nothing important is going to happen?

seriously i wanna know

Hotsuma
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:35 PM
I just hope they show Sakura in the springs again.

armarfi
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:36 PM
where can i find the theme song home sweet home

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:52 PM

Uh, asskicking robot ninja action?

I mean seriously, whats been the point of the entire SERIES up until this point?

We still know less about the main characters than we know about pretty much every supporting character so far.

Nine Tailed Demon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Where can I see the movie?

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
Where can I see the movie?
in japan.

Jakins
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
JAPAN! mwhaaahahaaa

Kenshiro is probably not too far wrong

EDIT: goddam u Mut@t@ u just pipped me

Souryusen
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:15 PM

seriously i wanna know

The point? To make a lot of money off a sucessful franchise. It's not a story that's "just too big for TV" it's something that came about when the creators decided that they could show Naruto pinching a loaf for an hour and a half and still turn profit.

jing
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:14 PM

seriously i wanna know

its just a big filler that you have to pay to watch. if it actually has any relevance to the story line, they would make it an episode, and not a movie.

Assassin
Thu, 09-16-2004, 07:05 PM

y is it in japanese theaters? cuz the japanese make every fucking thing into a movie....theres been like 6 pokemon movies. they all sucked major ass, but becuz the kids love it so much, they (the creators / producers) know they can get filthy rich off of them.

tahts y its in theaters. its the same thing as the yu-gi-oh movie.....and there was an inuyasha movie too. its all about the money.

KaneInferno
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
I just hope they show Sakura in the springs again.

i second that

r3n
Fri, 09-17-2004, 07:00 AM

erm well i jst got back from japan, and was in tokyo over the day and week of its release and i went to the cinema and it wasnt even showing there. i saw 1 cinema showing it the whole time i was in japan, and about 10 posters for it (which isnt a lot). most cinemas seem to have non-animated/foreign movies

Jman
Fri, 09-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by: armarfi
where can i find the theme song home sweet home

Here (http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-multimedia,music)

Superman
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:47 PM

Have you never seen an anime based movie befor? I usually think they are cool, with a fast paced story and good animation, but they never have anything to do with the anime. I am sure this one will be the same. None of the dragonball z movies (OMG he mentioned dbz, we had better start flaming him) fit into the main story line at all. They were still fun to watch though.

Movies try to appeal to a wider audience so they have to kind of dumb it down. Lots of people will not understand or care how Kakashi got his sharingan, or why Naruto has a demon that gives him unlimited power, they will just be thinking "oh man this is so cool. those guys are such ass kickers!"

You should not expect too much if any story from this movie, but it should be fun and exciting so just enjoy it for what it is.

Kalean
Sat, 09-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Basically, the point of the movie, like the point of 90% of all anime action movies, is to have the original artist (or a reasonable facsimile) produce (usually) high quality art and animation of the main characters kicking a lot of non-descript non-reoccuring ass. It's designed to have the traits of 'badass' and 'wow that was cool looking' without anyone having to worry about anything unnecessary like 'good writing' or 'fitting within the timeline', while still giving them the ability to make money off of it. Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, One Piece, all the more popular 'action' animes follow this method too. Fortunately, Naruto is milking it a WHOLE LOT LESS than they have done so far. (5 One Piece movies? 1 Dragonball Movie, 13 Dragonball Z movies, and I heard the 4th Inuyasha movie is in the works? ouch.)

My guess would be that they will attempt to invoke fear of the main enemies by utilizing the fact that Kakashi couldn't beat them all at the same time when he was in the anbu, 4 against 1. Logically any 4 people that can team up on a weaker less experienced Kakashi that may or may not have the sharingan and manage to drive him away from their village without wounding him, makes them kind of possibly scary maybe. I think. Then again, maybe they just said "Yes I was in the anbu once, now let's kick their asses." which wouldn't be unusual for a movie. We'll wait and see how it works out. Oh, and the other thing, in any anime movie whatsoever, the main character has to be the one that saves the day. Keep that in mind.