PDA

View Full Version : XP Security Center

PossiblE
Tue, 09-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Ok, I installed this thing today, not knowing what the update was. I hate this thing. It has wasted valuable space on my computer (which I don't have a lot of) and it annoyed me until I found out how to get it out of the taskbar.
I would like to be able to remove this program, but from what I see in the control panel, there seems to be no possible way. Anyone know how I could get rid of it, without a reformat?

shadowmantis
Tue, 09-14-2004, 08:31 PM
i looked around a bit, but i couldnt find a way :/ so i went to administrative tools > services, and stopped it from loading. its not really removing it, but you dont have to deal with the annoying damn thingie.

PossiblE
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I figured that part out, but as I said in my first post, it is wasting lots of space on my computer, like 1 gig or so, and I really need that space.

Edit: Ok, I did a lot more seaching on google and I found this. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875350 that will tell you how to uninstall service pack 2, there it is for anyone else that wants to uninstall it.

Mut
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
you could've easily removed the service pack via add/remove programs. but i guess you guys prefer the hard way.

PossiblE
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:51 PM
The problem was that it wasn't listed, I didn't know the service pack changed small things like that. The updates were no longer listed and you had to check off a box to show XP updates. I guess it was my fault for skimming instead of reading it over.

Ninju
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Could have created a system restore point before installing, should usually do that when you do large installs, could have then just restored.