PDA

View Full Version : what should i watch?

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-14-2004, 04:54 PM
im sure there is a thread on this somwhere but starting it anew might get some more updated opinions. so far the only anime ive seen is naruto,dbz, trigun, cowboy bebop, and rerouni kenshin. are there any good anime out there i should watch besides these?

Nai
Tue, 09-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Hunter X Hunter is a must if you ask me.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/176.html

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:00 PM
one piece, hajime no ippo

NM
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Elfen Lied is good. And if you havent seen it yet, you should download and watch Gundam Seed (because Seed 2 is coming out soon).

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:40 PM
You can add Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Vandread, Vandread Second Stage, Golden Boy, Ranma 1/2, Shura no Toki, Samurai X, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Last Exile.

I am sure there are others that I missed, but Elfen Lied and Gundam Seed are must see. If you have a chance watch Gundam Wing, too.

Edit: Actually, don't watch Elfen Lied if you can't stand horror stories. It is an intense serie with a good story line full of surprises and suspense. Not for the faint of heart. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:42 PM
YES!! Gundam Seed!!!! i'm watching that right now...it is sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood.
if u haven't watched escaflowne (even tho it's kinda old), but it's good. it's really good.
full metal alchemist is good too.

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:48 PM
oops sorry, i forgot about gundam wing...ive watched that too. although these are alot to choose from...ill eventually check them all out but i need a place to start...looks like gundam seed is a general consensus maybe ill start there

animefreak
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:04 PM
if u want funny anime i suggest u download full metal panic fumoffu, is funny as hell. Vandread is good as well but is been license and full metal panic fumoffu too don't know if there a site that u can still dl but good luck finding.

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:24 PM
I'll probably repeat most... but here's the one you should get

Berserk
Hunter X Hunter (TV series and 3 OVAs so far)
Full Metal Alchemist
One Piece
Gundam SEED (SEED 2 coming)
Read or Die (ROD) OVA and TV
Tsukihime
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2 (I just started watching it)
Scrapped Princess
LastEXILE
Hajime no Ippo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Wolf's Rain
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Condor Hero (series 2 comming)
GunGrave
Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic? Fummofu (series 3 comming)
Rahxephon
Blue Gender
Noir
Great Teacher Onizuka
Project ARMS
Chrno Crusade
Ghost in the Shell (Movie and TV series) (Movie 2 just came out... and second tv series is currently being fansubbed)

***These are just some recomendations that i think you might enjoy from your list....

This are some current or very recent:

Monster (this is a must... it is currently my favorite)
Elfen Lied
Kurau Phantom Memory
Madlax
Otogizoushi
Melody of Oblivion
Kenran Butoh Sai
GANTZ (series 2 just started airing)
Shura no Toki
Samurai 7
Tenjou Tenge

and i think that's all i can think of at the moment... i think you have plenty there

Knives122
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Watch them all basically i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Well yeah basically... i tried to make a short list of my fav. ones but i guess i liked too much of them

Mae
Tue, 09-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Nice list. I'd like to second Hunter X Hunter, Full Metal Alchemist, and Gungrave. I've been meaning to watch Great Teacher Onizuka and Gundam Seed, but I haven't found any fansubs online i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I'd like to add Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei and Kare Kano as some of my personal favs.

Edit: Do you happen to know if either of those are subtitled? I spent a couple of days downloading a Great Teacher Onizuki torrent only to find it was a really awful dub which I ended up deleting....

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Great Teacher Onizuka you can get it from www.anime-4ever.org

Gundam SEED I think there is a torrent on suprnova

DVD rips of Gundam SEED have been released recently

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:02 PM
yah, i got my Gundam Seed from boxtorrents WHEN THEY WERE STILL UP!!!! i still have stuff from them i wanna dl but they've been down lately. i hope they'll bel up soon. except the boxtorrent version, athrun's name is asuran. so i didn't know which was right, but it seems ppl at the forum calls him athrun not asuran. KAA version said athrun tho.

if u like karekano, u gotta watch azumanga daioh. it's that very exaggerated kind of anime.

Elite Hentai
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Great Teacher Onizuka is a must see. It has comedy, drama, action and a great storyline.

YaGaMi
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Most the series' that I'm going to give have already been mentioned but these are a MUST:

Hunter X Hunter All episodes
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin 1st OVA (if you haven't seen it)
Gungrave
Scryed
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Hajime No Ippo

animefreak
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:12 PM
if u want to try something new other than just fighting anime...i suggest u dl prince of tennis is a anime about tennis but is one of my favorite anime lists right now.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:17 PM
boxtorrents...making me mad....

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:32 PM
ur not alone. boxtorrent pisses me off all the time.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:08 PM
i had gungrave about half dled then i had comp problems and had to shut down...now i can't finsh the dl *cry*

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:13 PM
oh...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif but u can start from where u left off, right?

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:51 PM
yes, if its the exact same torrent going to the exact same spot. however i dont know another site with the exact same torrentso right now, no

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:40 AM
so it's the site that's down? or was it ur computer that had problems??

TruthofMistake
Thu, 09-16-2004, 09:07 PM
im also prolly repeating some but id recomend fooly cooly and great teacher onizuka for comedy they were hilarious if you like romances onegai teacher is good you can get the first 20 somethin episodes of condor hero also theyre great ill agree with full metal alchemist and hunter x hunter.... dunno post sommore later iv gotta go for now

animefreak
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:03 PM
do anybody know any other anime series that are not shown on www.animesuki.com and can be dl? animesuki only shown anime that hadn't been license. But i know there are site that still sub license anime that hadn't been mention animesuki, thanks.