PDA

View Full Version : looking back at Kakashi vs Itachi

Berserk Ayato
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
When Itachi fought Kakashi earlier in the series did he use the mangekyou sharingan?

PSJ
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
what do you think?

Hotsuma
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
no

Saruto
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:55 AM
yes he did.

Stoopider
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:31 PM
earlier in the series.. how early? The most recent fight, is the only fight we've seen.

SO he did use the Mangekyou sharingan...

Assertn
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:33 PM
except the anime totally gimped it up

Berserk Ayato
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
I mean yes it's early in the sereis, but when they shpowed Itachi, his eyes were the regular sharingans, however the mangekyou wasnt even known when they fought.

So i have no clue if he used it or not, Itachi wasnt even trying to fight so that brings me to the conclusion it was the regular full force of the 3 spec sharingan.

Im guessing if he used mangekyou sharingan it would have probly killed Kakashi.

But then again, how many people actually know that Itachi has the mangekyou? I dont think many do.

Coolman
Tue, 09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
He used the Mangekyou. Kakashi knows about the Mangekyou, because before the fact, he mentioned something along the lines of "his eyes are the same"

They never showed his eyes that much when it was actually happening, so I believe he did. Its not that hard for Itachi to change back and forth between normal Sharingan and Mangekyou.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:13 PM
can the regular sharingan do that to poor kakashi? i still never got over that fight *sigh*

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
you know, kakashi really isn't given much credit. he is quite strong

i also like the fact that so far in the series only people of relatively the same level fight each other

kakashi vs zabuza
oro vs 3rd
jiriaya+tsunade vs oro(all though this was an unfair fight)

that way it doesnt seem like naruto and comp. are unusally strong and better than the higher ranked ninjas. it keeps the series realistic

PSJ
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by: Berserk Ayato
I mean yes it's early in the sereis, but when they shpowed Itachi, his eyes were the regular sharingans, however the mangekyou wasnt even known when they fought.

So i have no clue if he used it or not, Itachi wasnt even trying to fight so that brings me to the conclusion it was the regular full force of the 3 spec sharingan.

Im guessing if he used mangekyou sharingan it would have probly killed Kakashi.

But then again, how many people actually know that Itachi has the mangekyou? I dont think many do.

ok since you're too stupid to get it yourself ill explain. he used the mangekyou sharingan on kakashi but not with full force, you know the thing when itachi stabs kakashi with katanas for 72 hours that IS the mangekyou sharingan. however he didnt use it with full force so that kakashi wouldnt die.

Berserk Ayato
Tue, 09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Errr, thats why i was asking the question i wasnt too sure. i didnt know if that was a mangekyou move or the power of the full 3 spec sharingan, becuase we never saw what the 3 spec was capable.

No need to be a dick about it colon cowboy. Slow your roll.

PSJ
Tue, 09-14-2004, 04:30 PM
its just that they explained it in the manga. be a little more observant instead of asking useless questions. i get a little irritated over that sometimes. and a 3 spec sharingan that you talk about can do nothing like that its just a normal sharingan.

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by: KaneInferno
you know, kakashi really isn't given much credit. he is quite strong

i also like the fact that so far in the series only people of relatively the same level fight each other

kakashi vs zabuza
oro vs 3rd
jiriaya+tsunade vs oro(all though this was an unfair fight)

that way it doesnt seem like naruto and comp. are unusally strong and better than the higher ranked ninjas. it keeps the series realistic

Kakashi isn't just quite strong. He's VERY strong. He appears in text books for crying out loud. He's a legend. Anybody that discredits his strength because Itachi beat him is just a lameass fanboy.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:33 PM
tru dat

Assertn
Thu, 09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
you guys are analyzing it too much

yes the same mangekyou itachi used on kakashi was the one he used on sasuke back when the clan was killed off. the anime just totally jacked it up by showing just the regular sharingan. If you refer to the manga, they show that itachi's eyes are never clearly shown when he performs tsukuyomi or amaterasu against kakashi or sasuke in the hotel hallway.

PSJ
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:02 PM
yep yep and the manga is the original.