PDA

View Full Version : Backstory

KaneInferno
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:42 PM
i was watching the series over again and i just got to the shino vs zaku fight. why the hell does zaku have a backstory? there are so many other characters in the series i would much rather know about than zaku. why haven't they done any backstory on the good characters?

Krbadass
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Kishimoto is an idiot.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 05:59 PM
maybe it was appropriate at the time. don't know what was going through his head.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Mid-life crisis perhaps?

Shuurai
Mon, 09-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Perhaps he wanted to show the relationship between Zaku and Orochimaru and then show how he sacrificed him with no worries to make Orochimaru more evil. (My Opinion)

Krbadass
Mon, 09-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Nah, kishimoto is just an idiot.

KaneInferno
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:19 PM
lol i like Krbadass's theory

Rek
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:21 PM
interesting point... but I don't remember it in the manga.

but maybe he'll come back. Personally I think his backstory was far too much like haku's anyways....

KaneInferno
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
maybe all the people used as tools will come back in a weird mystic way to get revenge and take over the world...

...or maybe not...lol

Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
interesting point... but I don't remember it in the manga.

but maybe he'll come back. Personally I think his backstory was far too much like haku's anyways....

he won't come back.... zaku and that girl from the sound kin i think were used as sacrifices during the destruction of konoha to raise the first and the 2nd hokage

anyone have speculation who was the sacrifice for the 4th which was going to be raised from the dead but the 3rd stopped it in time....? u could argue it would be the other sound ninja shoot forgot his name... but he died in sand country

anyways how unimportant

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I think your talking about Dosu... but he was killed in Konoha by Gaara.

streen2000
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Perhaps in a future battle orochimaru uses edo tensei to summon the fourth and there's this huge cloud of smoke and when it all dissipates, the person that steps out from it all is... Zaku! Who proceeds to pound orochimaru's ass. i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Ahhh.. Your right. I just rechecked, and Kin and Zaku were the sacrifices used by Oro. A moment of sadness since I realize Kin is dead now. She was cute, even though she had an annoying voice.

Oh, btw, I remember some discussions ago that someone thought the Fourth was in the belly of the Death God when the Third summoned the Death God. After rechecking now, I just realized that the soul was actually the Third's soul in the belly of the Death God. If you already know this, please forgive my ignorance.

So back on topic, I really doubt Zaku would return. It would have been better off with a backstory on Tenten or Chouji compared to Zaku. Then again, it might have been used as a model for all of Oro's men... How Oro was to them and how he recruited them.

jing
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
They only do backstories at the right time.

Knives122
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by: KaneInferno
maybe all the people used as tools will come back in a weird mystic way to get revenge and take over the world...

...or maybe not...lol

Hey I like you theory Zombie Haku, and Zaku would own all along with the third 2nd 1st and 4th, and since they're already dead they cant die and they can take over the world were all DOOOOOMMMMEDDD, OMG 1111111111!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Garlannd
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Kin was a hawt biotch.

Assertn
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:37 AM
actually.....there is sort of a minor relevance to showing a flashback for a character like zaku....but i wont explain that yet

more importantly....its not kishimoto's fault for such a lengthy flashback. In the manga i believe there was only ONE FRAME that involved zaku's past. And it showed oro standing there beside zaku and taking him in to make him stronger. The anime just embellished on it to stretch out that whole match

but zaku's flashback isnt just about zaku, but about orochimaru as well

basey44
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
KINS DEAD!? i was wondering what happened to heri/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif lol she just kinda disappeared, aw thats sad she was kinda hot, u know, for a cartoon

PSJ
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
zaku and kin were the sacrifices for 1st and 2nd hokage when they were summoned.

as for zakus back story i dont know i thought it was a nice touch but hell thats just my opinion.

Rek
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:34 AM
awwwh... every one knows your opinion doesn't matter ^,^

I'm kidding. but I do wanna see more of oro's "creations" especially the dude with a bunch of arms.....

Stoopider
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:40 AM
It was a mistake and maybe he wanted Zaku to kinda have a bigger part of the story like Haku.

Zaku = Haku? I think not

hENCE.. Krbadass is correct.

chambers
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:13 PM
@ kooha rek what abotu the guy with 2 heads!!! whats up with that???

Assertn
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
It was a mistake and maybe he wanted Zaku to kinda have a bigger part of the story like Haku.

Zaku = Haku? I think not

except it doesnt change the fact that kishimoto wasnt responsible for his elaborate flashback
but i guess if you wanna ignore the facts, then be my guest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
awwwh... every one knows your opinion doesn't matter ^,^

I'm kidding. but I do wanna see more of oro's "creations" especially the dude with a bunch of arms.....

ARMS! ARMS!!!!!!!!! get your mind out of the gutter man!

wirm
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:46 PM
what makes you think that Oro created those guys?

Rek
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:00 PM
because they are his lackeys. and he has said many times that he expiriments with bodies (like Zaku's wind tunnels) soooooo one would presume that he added the arms to the dude....

wirm
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Aside from Zaku, I didn't recall hearing about him experimenting on people to make them stronger. I know he did it on Konoha's ninjas, but certainly not to help them.

Anyway, there are some really weird looking ninjas around (like Oro for example) who seem to have been born weird. Who knows? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Rek
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:58 AM
good point he was born pretty bad.

he was one the babies you can actually believe jumped out and flicked off the room, then his mom cried.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Speaking of parents, where are Lee's parents? He's just about to have a life threatening operation, and he is asking Gai instead of his parents what to do... sure Gai is his sensei but surely his parents would want to have a say too...

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:01 PM
orphan just like naruto.

KitKat
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:54 PM
It makes me wonder....were Lee's parents ninjas, or is he just some random kid that the village ended up taking in? His complete lack of skill in ninjutsu and genjutsu makes me think he comes from a pretty ordinary family.

hgreeniii
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:48 PM
he won't come back.... zaku and that girl from the sound kin i think were used as sacrifices during the destruction of konoha to raise the first and the 2nd hokage

actually the sacrifices used to raise the 1st 2nd and 4th(that did not come out)
were the kazakage and his two guards. i forgot which episode but the sand nins say that orochimaru used them

KitKat
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes, Orochimaru did kill the Kazekage and his two guards, but they were found dead somewhere else. If you watch the episode where the 3rd defeats the 1st and 2nd, you'll see the dead bodies of Zaku and Kin are revealed, hence they were the sacrifices used in the summoning.

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by: hgreeniii

actually the sacrifices used to raise the 1st 2nd and 4th(that did not come out)
were the kazakage and his two guards. i forgot which episode but the sand nins say that orochimaru used them

what they mean with that is that orochimaru used the sand village for his cause. not that he used 3 individuals for the summoning. it was zaku and kin who were the sacrifices for 1st and 2nd.

kupalmaru
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

Zaku = Haku? I think not

Maybe your right.

There is a rumour that Kakashi was to be the Fifth Hokage, but after the Zabuza arc he change his mind.

EDIT: I think it is not a rumour, it is a fact.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:27 PM
where'd you hear that?

Zoels
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:34 PM
sounds like bs to me

jing
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: Zoels
sounds like bs to me

because it is.

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:12 AM
actually it was said in an interview with kishimoto i believe.

hgreeniii
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
Yes, Orochimaru did kill the Kazekage and his two guards, but they were found dead somewhere else. If you watch the episode where the 3rd defeats the 1st and 2nd, you'll see the dead bodies of Zaku and Kin are revealed, hence they were the sacrifices used in the summoning.

hehe oh yeah i forgot

Kagari
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
There is a real strong purpose behind Zaku's flashback...it's to show that Zaku isn't necessarily an Evil character. He had hopes and dreams (much like naruto), but his encounter was with Oro brought him on the wrong path. that's what i like about the series...with the exception of a few, most "evil" or "bad" characters have a reason for being the way they are.

it's similar to gaara and haku's flashbacks, as well...yet I don't hear people calling kishimoto an idiot for doing those stories.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Well said.

The whole point of the flashback was to illistrate how sadistic and manipulative Orchimaru is. Thats why he has so many cannon fodder followers. I personally loved that flashback. Orchimaru turning little orphan kids into expendable weapons, got to love it. Makes him one of my favorite villains.

kupalmaru
Thu, 09-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
There is a real strong purpose behind Zaku's flashback...it's to show that Zaku isn't necessarily an Evil character. He had hopes and dreams (much like naruto), but his encounter was with Oro brought him on the wrong path. that's what i like about the series...with the exception of a few, most "evil" or "bad" characters have a reason for being the way they are.

it's similar to gaara and haku's flashbacks, as well...yet I don't hear people calling kishimoto an idiot for doing those stories.

In the flashback, is Zaku being beaten up because he steal some bread. Then if he is stealing some bread he is a bad kid.

SilentSnake
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:57 AM
u've got a 2 choice problem:

-die from hunger

or

-steal some bread

he's an orphan kid with noone who cares about him, he's so hungry he decide to steal, but that doesn't make him bad in ANY way...

Kagari
Fri, 09-17-2004, 10:30 AM
As silentsnake said, he's not a bad kid for trying to survive...and if you think otherwise, you're certainly more evil than zaku will ever be.

Aladdin did it. "Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat: tell you all about it when i got the time!"

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Because Zaku was cool!

KitKat
Fri, 09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Aladdin did it. "Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat: tell you all about it when i got the time!"

LOL. Not just a Disney reference, but a complete Disney quote! That is truly impressive. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I wouldn't consider Zaku any worse than the average kid. What kid hasn't stolen anything, be it a cookie from the jar, or in Zaku's case a loaf of bread?

wirm
Fri, 09-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat

LOL. Not just a Disney reference, but a complete Disney quote! That is truly impressive.

I wouldn't consider Zaku any worse than the average kid. What kid hasn't stolen anything, be it a cookie from the jar, or in Zaku's case a loaf of bread?

yup yup, very true.

kupalmaru
Fri, 09-17-2004, 09:49 PM
As silentsnake said, he's not a bad kid for trying to survive...and if you think otherwise, you're certainly more evil than zaku will ever be.

If Alladin encounter Oro, will Alladin walk the same path as Zaku did. I think not.

If Robin Hood encounter Oro, will Robin Hood walk the same path as Zaku did. I think not.

Even if Oro is the best manipulator of all time, he will not be able to convince Alladin and Robin Hood to join forces with him, because Alladin and Robin are good people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Zaku encounter the villain from Alladin and the villain ask Zaku to join forces with him. Will Zaku joined force with the villain? I think he may joined the villain.

If Zaku encounter the villain from Robin Hood and the villain ask Zaku to join forces with him. Will Zaku joined force with the villain? I think he may join the villain.

You cannot compare Zaku and Alladin because they are two different people.

jimmymasaki
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:06 AM
uh, i thought he was making reference to a quote and not aladdin himself.. but u noe, you don't know if aladdin wouldn't have followed the same path, i noe this sounds lame but the character development to aladdin's pre-gettingthelamp days isn't quite as detailed as all the characters in naruto.. and it's obvious Robin Hood wouldn't have because he didn't steal to live.. he stole because he's a partisan and thought there was injustice! the Robin Hood reference fell flat on your face mate!
either way, u noe i always wonder how naruto and sasuke live.. i mean, naruto has an apartment sure.. but before that who the hell looked after him? like, fed him and stuff coz he's like.. neway, i'm sure the backstory to that will come about... (duh! the friggin thing is called naruto)

kupalmaru
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: jimmymasaki
Robin Hood wouldn't have because he didn't steal to live.. he stole because he's a partisan and thought there was injustice! the Robin Hood reference fell flat on your face mate!

I used Robin Hood as an example because he have a tragic pass; his parent was killed and all of their property was stolen from them by the sherrif. In some way Robin and Zaku are in the same situation because the two of them has nothing.

What if during Robin's tragic time, Oro approach him. Oro also approach Zaku during his(Zaku) tragic time. Let say, Oro ask him(Robin) to form a Merry Band with him(Oro); Robid do not have a Merry Band at the beggining of the story.
Will Robin form a Merry Band with Oro? I think not.

kAi
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:55 PM
i think Oro could have made robin hood as a kid join him...
first thing you do is tempt them with something they need...if they need it that badly they will come...
what is more needed than food...
then thats where the process starts then you make them do things little at a time...until you mold them how you want

jimmymasaki
Mon, 09-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
I used Robin Hood as an example because he have a tragic pass; his parent was killed and all of their property was stolen from them by the sherrif. In some way Robin and Zaku are in the same situation because the two of them has nothing.

What if during Robin's tragic time, Oro approach him. Oro also approach Zaku during his(Zaku) tragic time. Let say, Oro ask him(Robin) to form a Merry Band with him(Oro); Robid do not have a Merry Band at the beggining of the story.
Will Robin form a Merry Band with Oro? I think not.

sorry, didnt realise that you were making reference to his past and not his adult life.
but still, you'd never know if Robin Hood as a kid wouldn't have joined Oro... if Oro promised him that he'd take the crown and get rid of injustice or the poverty line i mean.. i noe this sounds harsh but kids don't know any better.
plus, obviously he'd thought about having his merry men sometime in his life.. so if Oro came round... u never know.
either way, i'm saying Robin Hood as a man wouldn't accept Oro's invitation or whatever... so i don't know why you're getting heated up.. because as i've said, Robin Hood was a partisan as a grown man... and he knows a little more about the world

basey44
Mon, 09-20-2004, 09:19 AM
man, robin hood and aladdin, this is crazy, i thought this was a naruto (cool ninja anime, with kunai's and stuff) forum, not disney

so please dont compare a disney character who runs around without a top on, with a monkey with a hat, or with robin hood(cos i have a feeling hes a bit queer *cough queer cough*)

lets have a poll
who wants to see disney characters compared to naruto characters?

kupalmaru
Mon, 09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
i think Oro could have made robin hood as a kid join him...
first thing you do is tempt them with something they need...if they need it that badly they will come...
what is more needed than food...
then thats where the process starts then you make them do things little at a time...until you mold them how you want

sorry, didnt realise that you were making reference to his past and not his adult life.
but still, you'd never know if Robin Hood as a kid wouldn't have joined Oro... if Oro promised him that he'd take the crown and get rid of injustice or the poverty line i mean.. i noe this sounds harsh but kids don't know any better.
plus, obviously he'd thought about having his merry men sometime in his life.. so if Oro came round... u never know.
either way, i'm saying Robin Hood as a man wouldn't accept Oro's invitation or whatever... so i don't know why you're getting heated up.. because as i've said, Robin Hood was a partisan as a grown man... and he knows a little more about the world
Yea you two are right, Robin Hood as a kid is different from a Robin Hood as a man. Probably if Zaku is older he would not have joined Oro

Your right, I really used Robin Hood as an example because he steal things. It just turn out, after reading your post, that Robin has a tragic past. HEHEHEHE

jimmymasaki
Tue, 09-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
man, robin hood and aladdin, this is crazy, i thought this was a naruto (cool ninja anime, with kunai's and stuff) forum, not disney

so please dont compare a disney character who runs around without a top on, with a monkey with a hat, or with robin hood(cos i have a feeling hes a bit queer *cough queer cough*)

lets have a poll
who wants to see disney characters compared to naruto characters?

let's see who wants discussions... if you bother to read what this disney/naruto comparison is about, then maybe you'll see that it has some relevance to the topic.

neway, if you didnt know, disney's stuff is based a lot on anime and vice-versa (although MAINLY disney copies anime) SO in a way they are VERY related....

basey44
Tue, 09-21-2004, 02:58 AM
yea your right i probably should have read more of the thread

jimmymasaki
Wed, 09-22-2004, 02:49 AM
yeah, doesn't matter. least you were 'telling us off' with a good heart.