PDA

View Full Version : Class Rank

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 03:52 AM
I have watched quite a few Animes where they rank certain characters but never seem to explain what these rankings are. Does anyone know of a website or have any information on what these class ranks represent?

Here are the ranks I often see:

A Class
B Class
C Class
G Class
S Class

There might be other classes, and if you know, please let me know. An example of some series that use them are Kiddy Grade and sCryed, but I know that many others use it, like S-Class criminals in Naruto.

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Dont know if they have a special meaning but S-class is the highest followed by A-Class and so on....

Some have like AA class and things of that sort also

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
I wonder how it all started? Suddenly, everything seems to go off those rankings now. I know that one point in Kiddy Grade, they suddenly classified Lumiere and Eclair as G Class. Would you happen to know the source of these grades?

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm quite sure it's just a "cool" way of displaying different power levels and whatnot. It's an anime/manga trend, more or less.
It probably took it's biggest stand in DBZ where everybody got to different Super Saiyan levels and in similar series like Yu Yu Hakusho which is from the same period you can find the Grade system when they rate the different monsters in it.

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, I remember them explaining the different classes in Yu Yu Hakusho. I guess that was the only time they explained it. The DBZ I think is a different type of classification. Oh, btw, wasn't DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho made by the same guy?