PDA

View Full Version : how do you use bittornado

DeathChant
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:02 PM
do you just download it or is there an install sequence or something that you have to do.

NM
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:47 PM
First, you have to download the BitTornado install file. You can get that here: BitTornado Install File (http://bittornado.com/download.html). Once you download that, double click the file and install the client. Now your client is installed but we're not done just yet.

For almost every BT client, you must do something called Port Forwarding. All clients use ports 6881-6999. Routing ports is different for different kinds of routers. If you go to the following, it will show you a bunch of routers. Pick the one that is yours and follow the guide. Port Forward Guide (http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm).

Hope that helps ya man.

DeathChant
Sun, 09-12-2004, 05:40 PM
i dont mean to be a problem but the information didnt really help me. ther are like 30 different things to click on on the link that you have given me, when i download a torrent how do i use, i have no clew how to, please reply

NM
Sun, 09-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Okay, no problem. First lets start with BitTornado. Download the Install file from that site using one of their mirrors (it doesnt matter what mirror you use). Once that downloads, install BT. Now you can begin downloading but we need to make sure you route your ports through.

That second link I gave you is supposed to help you do something called Port Forwarding (where you forward ports through your router so your firewall opens those ports up when downloading). Look at your router and find out what type of router (2 Wire, D link, MaxGate, etc.) you have. Then look at the model number of your router (for example, the models of 2 Wire are 1000HW, 1000S, 1000SW, etc.). When you find your router type/model, click on it. It will give you a step by step tutorial on how to route ports through.

KameronFrye
Mon, 02-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Here's a question:

What in addition to BT will disabling WAN allow users at random access on my computer? We just got a router and I've been pissing about with BitTornado, but I'm kind of uneasy about disabling WAN access blocking. Any info on this'd be greatly appreciated.