PDA

View Full Version : THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS!!!

Full Metal Kid
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:04 PM
I heard it was a book, has anyone read it? And if yes is it good?

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:59 AM
What is it about????

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 09-12-2004, 01:22 AM
i know there is a movie that goes by the same name but i dont know if the movie is based on the book or not

Stoopider
Sun, 09-12-2004, 01:44 AM
S7ven...

Good movie. Very good. About this mad man who goes around punishing people who commits the seven deadly sins. And the policeman who tries and stop him

The police hero is played by... umm. whatshisname.. Aargh! i'm bad at celebrity names. The guy who married Rachel from Friends. Married her in real life I mean. Not stupid Ross or whatever.

Eurasian
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:01 AM
BRAD PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his name is BRAD PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

i never read the book but i thought the movie was pretty good.

Koyuki
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Yeah the movie was kinda cool

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Is it like the movie if so I have no reason to read it though it was a awesome movie I would never read a book that would be that slow if i know whats going to happen.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 09-12-2004, 03:17 AM
that movie was pretty fucked up and bloody. but it's better because it makes the movie more shocking.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 09-12-2004, 05:39 AM
I didn't even know there was a book...I'd be interested in reading it, though I imagine it'd be more horrible than the film (Lust and Sloth aren't nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)...

Sadly for me the first time I ever heard of the film was when I was online and a mate said "theres a well good film on (some tv channel)" - so i put it on and it was the last 5 minutes!!! I saw the twist at the end and nothing else...which kinda ruined it when I saw the whole thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Man that truly sucks, the movie was all about the twist.

PSJ
Sun, 09-12-2004, 09:45 AM
what movie is this? sounds interesting. how old is it?

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Man that truly sucks, the movie was all about the twist.

Tell me about it...I was well gutted when I saw the whole film and how good it was etc...

^ I think it was mid to late 90's when the film was released, I'm not 100% sure...but it was directed by David Fincher (I think...at least according to the guy who ruined it for me says its him!!)

Full Metal Kid
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:38 PM
lol i just watched it man... sad at the end haha kevin spacey palys the maniac ahha

Nara Shikamaru VI
Mon, 09-13-2004, 06:35 AM
havent watched the movie yet but my sis said it's pretty gruesome, but i'm gonna watch Battle Royale now so nothing will shock me. NOTHING

Raven
Mon, 09-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Battle Royale wasn't that bad. I didn't find it shocking at all really.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Se7en is a million times worse than BR...BR is mostly just violence, shooting and stuff like that (theres a fairly disturbing flashback in the Special Edition though), Se7en isn't really violent (as I remember it anyway), but its definitely more disturbing and gruesome, many of the sins are pretty horrible.

Lefty
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
havent watched the movie yet but my sis said it's pretty gruesome, but i'm gonna watch Battle Royale now so nothing will shock me. NOTHING
Read the book, it's much, much more disturbing and it makes alot more sense in the end. Grantesd the movie wasn't to hard to grasp but they meshed alot of characters into one in the movie which really borthered me. Also you could go buy the Manga, thats one piece of fucked up work. Lord I still have nightmares.

Stoopider
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
BRAD PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his name is BRAD PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

i never read the book but i thought the movie was pretty good.

Yeah.. Brad Pitt. Thanks. I'mn really horrible with celeb's. Probably because I don't care.

Good movie though. If you want to know the twist, I'll PM you the twist for the sake of the other members. And yeah. it's a 90's show. Kinda old,but still excellent.

Full Metal Kid
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
yo lefty could you tell me where to get the book?

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:25 AM
yeah Lefty i've read the book and i've got 4 of the manga. i thought the movie will be more fucked up compare to the books. i didnt know it was the other way round.

and Full Metal Kid, buy the 3rd manga.....last chapter full on hentai. no kiddin. thats why i stop buying it. go to your local anime or comic book store. the novel is red in colour and real thick, u cant miss it.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
yeah Lefty i've read the book and i've got 4 of the manga. i thought the movie will be more fucked up compare to the books. i didnt know it was the other way round.

and Full Metal Kid, buy the 3rd manga.....last chapter full on hentai. no kiddin. thats why i stop buying it. go to your local anime or comic book store. the novel is red in colour and real thick, u cant miss it.

The 8th volume is non-stop hentai from start to finish...very disappointing as I was expecting some real story. Its quite disturbing as well. Generally though its only prolonged scenes with Mitsuko that are like that, most of the manga is pretty good, though not as good as the book.

The BR novel can be found at www.amazon.com if you can't find it at a local shop - thats where I got it anyway... its much better than the film...as it actually has a bigger story than just "kids on an island, what are they gonna do?". Pretty much each character is given a bit of a back story as well so it becomes more interesting when they actually fight each other etc.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 09-15-2004, 08:43 AM
yeah the manga sort of add more life into the characters.

hmmm...if seven is more worst than BR i might drop by at my local blockbuster some day