PDA

View Full Version : College and BT?

Frough
Fri, 09-10-2004, 01:29 AM
I go to school at www.embry-riddle.edu and the IT department isn't telling me what ports they have blocked and they don't know what BT is. So either I'm getting a run-around or something else is wrong.

I'm having the "router" problems with 0kb/1kb downloads (4kb uploads interestingly enough) on 600+ user torrents. Other versions of BT I am getting yellow circles indicating a router issue.

I don't have a router, I'm plugged directly into the schools connection and have made sure to turn off all anti virus and windows firewall protection completely. No help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and some advice on how to tell what ports my school has blocked or limited.

Elite Hentai
Mon, 09-13-2004, 10:33 AM
READ THIS FAQ (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/AzureusFAQ)

superspazmizu
Mon, 09-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah, i have that problem too, but i know what ports are open.

Open command prompt and type
netstat -an |find /i "listening"

That will list all the ports that are open. Its wierd. I can connect to people. but my downloads are still going at 1 or 2 k/s. The torrent is green, it's just slow.

donno....

Assertn
Thu, 10-07-2004, 11:56 AM
it might not be blocked ports thats the problem.....
if your campus has a packet sniffer/shaper then it monitors the programs that you are using for downloading, and it may block based on that.

I know for a fact that kazaa and bittorrent are greatly restricted on my campus because of this.

kAi
Fri, 10-08-2004, 12:27 AM
also Frough your sig is too big 400x80 is the largest.

aznboi1205
Mon, 10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
my light is yellow despite what port i used. i also tried that netstat thing in command prompt. no good...=( it says port already in use when i startup bittornado
im still trying to download gundam seed destiny right now... its been a week and its still not done....