PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 100 Discussion

Krbadass
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:20 AM
That episode sucked..

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Really?! Haven't seen it yet, but damn, it has Gai/Kakashi & is ep 100? Can it really suck that bad? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Krbadass
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Really?! Haven't seen it yet, but damn, it has Gai/Kakashi & is ep 100? Can it really suck that bad?

Yes.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:41 AM
FUCK!

Krbadass
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:42 AM
Tell me about it..

Inazuma Kami
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Superb Flash nack party

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:56 AM
they managed to stuff it with the entire Lee bullshit but the preview for next week is the biggest shock you'll get and WTF suddenly tsunade turned the 50% chance in a 58% chance? that was no where in the manga and they added some amazingly stupid scenes just to fill up time, this episode was just sad

Nai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:01 AM
I'm sick of these fillers. The first few ones were "alright," but now it's just getting stupid.

?igma
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:21 AM
I am seriously starting to feel this is going to become an official break with the manga .. Naruto is on the loose people i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

KameronFrye
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Every episode they put out is about 1.5 chapters of manga, from what I can tell. It's possible that they're doing this to keep a good gap between the series running and the unknown end of the manga, as to not have the series catch up to the manga. They could do this a couple more times, if the manga runs on for many years, in order to keep a little distance so that the show direction does not have to take a completely different direction from the manga because they managed to catch up/surpass the point where the manga is.

As for the episode, I'm still waiting on it to d/l. Prob gonna watch it when i wake up tomorrow.

Lucian5000
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Next episode looks like a filler.. Could have some fun hijinx though.

Naruto_Ramen
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:41 AM
episode sucked big time what a waste

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:41 AM
can a manga reader tell with please.........................does it look like it will end in the near future?

Elite Hentai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:46 AM
the fillers? no. the story will also go on for a long time

micky
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:10 AM
So much for the Gai - Kakashi training which people were looking forward to from the preview.

Lucian5000
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:13 AM
If you really want to know.. They skipped 5 very important chapters in the manga... (174-178..Well, up to 179 and a half really.) And until they get to a point where they can get back on track with that, it looks like the anime's up for a bunch of fillers.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:11 AM
It looks as if though they are gonna use that 'special' manga chapter that Kishimoto did about team 7 trying to see Kakashi's face in the next ep...

Zansatsu
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Now I'm pissed. They should just keep a month's break rather than make fillers.

Ervin
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
well i am tired of the anime ....you wait a whole week just to see a sad story about lee....pls....from now on i am sticking with the manga

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
edit: for the little baby who can't handle it, what i posted was not a spoiler but if you think it is go ahead, sasuke walking around in konoha is not part of the original story line i'm pointing out that there is no way they can return to the original story line without knocking sasuke back into the hospital so the next filler will be total bullshit

Shuurai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
the lle thing isn't a bad thing really atleast it's out of the way but that damned preview if sasuke is up and walking then how the hell are they gonna fix it so he's back in the hospital again

Im not a manga reader i dont wanna see stuff like that i suggest you edit it quick i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I think the next episode will be better than the last 2 or 3

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
i edited for you big baby

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:41 AM
shut up you idiot, just because someone doesnt want to read spoilers. maybe he didnt even want to KNOW he was watchin filler. plus dont forget the fact that you just told him somthing WILL happen because we are watchin filler.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:51 AM
I was bored. Sucks too, this is gonna end up being the last episode on the disc I'm making, not exactly going out on a high note.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Fuck, I mean FUCK! its was... it just sucked so ...... Fuck the fucking fuckers.

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:32 PM
i didnt mind the ep......but i seriously dont think they needed to give lee so much air time in this one AND the previous one......it just takes away from the whole situation, imo

Aeon
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I didn't mind this ep that much, but the next one looks like it will better. It's just like the survival training all over again except they're after a mask instead of bells and now Sasuke and Naruto know how to work as a team.

?igma
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Well , the ep gave us the 1000th lets-redo-flashbacks , but for a sensitive person, I suppose it could be a nifty ep .. *cries*

Anyways, lets hope next one will @%@#%@@MUST@#$@#$@ be better ^^

coldpower27
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Bleh, didn't like this episode that much the only good part was the end where we got to see Tsunade increasing the chance to 58% and the ceremony sorta part of the Fith Hokage.

Danik
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:31 PM
This is the beginning of the end for naruto, if they keep coming up with things like this I wouldn't be surprised if the audience loses interest, after all they have the manga so there's really no need to watch the anime to keep up with the story.

EpoC
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:40 PM
geez!! I'm really sad about this. Well not the episode, the episode was good, It followed the manga quite well. but the next episode, when they are going to try and peek at kakashis face, That's not gonna happen anyway (I hope) . c'mon stop these fillers and keep on following the manga, I wanna see the next arc animated FFS.

Dankenhaus
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Since everyone hates fillers so much why don't they just turn off their media player once the episode starts to suck? You know it's a filler when it's filled with irelevant crap. You guys may complain but in the end you're just going to watch it anyways. No need to complain about free anime.

Jessper
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
edit: for the little baby who can't handle it, what i posted was not a spoiler but if you think it is go ahead

Yes, idiot, telling us something HAS to happen for the manga story to progress is a spoiler. A spoiler is telling someone something they don't know will happen is indeed going to happen. Calling someone a baby isn't helping your arguement just showing your too immature to deal with the fact that you got caught.

kaigan
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
the episode is alright.

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:10 PM
well you guys shouldnt point out what the spoiler is fools...
that only makes it a bigger problem

Renbo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I liked the ep...
They even used the sadness and sorrow music; and they didn't use that one since like ep 80 (gotta love it).

And for the 'omg its different then the manga' - I hated the manga eps about Lee, they were really annoying - but here in the anime they did it rather good, and I even liked it.

And yes... Tsunade rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jakins
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Kakashi is always funny. And Tsunades cerimony was certainly a grand affair lol, but the rest was poor. I used to like Gai and Lee, but now maybe Lee actualy deserves Sakura?

Dankenhaus
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Kakashi and Gai flashblacks are always cool. Develops their character and relationship more. And for all the Neji lovers he had a short cameo apperance. Tsunade is hot so can't go wrong with that. Not every episode can be great. If they were we wouldn't enjoy the better ones as much. Just let's never go back to episode 97 style.

Ryno2410
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: Zansatsu
Now I'm pissed. They should just keep a month's break rather than make fillers.

If you want the anime to take a break for one month...here's an idea

Stop downloading them for one month! I personally liked this episode and will enjoy their filler episodes. Plus Kishimoto doesn't target people outside of Japan anyway for his writing, i'm sure there's a lot of the targeted audience that enjoyed this episode as well.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Actually, most of the stuff in this episode was in the manga too. So this wasn't a filler. Sorry, impatient morons.

This episode was good and touching. And it had lots of character development for Lee & Gai. I don't agree with you guys at all.

It even had Neji. And Jiraiya. And Tsunade in a hokage hat. You guys suck!

Masamune
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:40 PM
i liked this one.

gai owns.

Also , i like to see things which i didnt see in the manga.
some of these stuff enrich the anime.
hurray for fillers.

PossiblE
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, this episode didn't have much filler stuff, except for Tsunade studying.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
it wasn't really that bad. well, story wise. dude, i feel so sorry for lee. i have more sympathy for him now.

the jaken part, i thought they were gonna perform a jutsu or something. it's pretty exaggerated, but it's anime.

i really didn't think they needed to keep repeating the same parts twice especially when it was shown earlier in the same episode.

as for the next epi, will it be that one extra manga chapter thing?? the story i mean.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Might be. Regardless I think it's quite safe to assume that the mask won't go off. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DraGunZer0
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:22 PM
So.... how many eps has it been since it got side tracked from the manga?

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:27 PM
i nominate the "lee's nindo announcement" flashback to be the most used flashback ever

dragunzero: 99 was complete filler (except for maybe 10 seconds of it), 98 was about 1/3 filler, and 97 was complete filler. However it doesnt bug me so much about the extra stuff they throw in, but all the stuff they havent yet shown that they were supposed to have already.

CUE
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:58 PM
It was alright, this show has had worse episodes.

Still, I thought it'd be funny if Lee actually did die. Then the entire anime would take a depressing turn.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
I agree with Terra and Eurasia. This was a nice episode with a lot of character development. It was nice to see stories about Lee and the Gai/Kakashi rivalry. Just a thought, if Gai is mainly Taijutsu, then how will he teach Neji and Tenten the other Genjutsu and Ninjutsu techniques they need?

Oh yeah, Naruto is really becoming the babe magnet her. Did anyone else notice that he was surrounded by both Hinata and Sakura? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Actually, most of the stuff in this episode was in the manga too. So this wasn't a filler. Sorry, impatient morons.

This episode was good and touching. And it had lots of character development for Lee & Gai. I don't agree with you guys at all.

Total Touche.

To the topic:

People start saying naruto is developing as dbz, but they also complain whenever there are the so-called fillers, and even when it wasn't a "filler" they say it is cause it didn't had action... so... they are contradicting themselves... want pure action non-stop? watch dbz

Seriously... what do you guys expect? People should be grateful we got almost 100 loyal-to-manga eps.
I dont mind these eps, and I enjoy em too.

Knives122
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:46 PM
well 100 would get a 4/10, the character development of Lee a little bit(I guess) and that was probably the only good part in this episode, other than that it sucked

Mae
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh, come on, it didn't suck that bad... The Janken battle was funny... and Lee ACTUALLY taking notes so seriously... too cute. The ep was more of a cute ep than an action ep, so I can see the guys becoming impatient with it. BTW does anyone have a screenshot of chibi-Lee with his braid? Best part of the ep.

Kagari
Thu, 09-09-2004, 09:52 PM

Testify, my brotha!

Knives122
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:12 PM
the episode was a bitter sweet relation alright, good b/c of rock and all the people, bad b/c it was more or less boring ( actually the first ep. I didnt see naruto in most of it)

Assassin
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:01 PM
i can't believe u little cock suckers are still complainign about filler eps and shit....for those of u who would rather have a month break then these fillers, the solution is simple....STOP WATCHIGN FOR A MOTNH!. im so fucking sick and tired of hearing the same shit over and over again.

i personally thought the ep was good...nto great, but good. they over did the "lee's nindo" flashback i think. but the janken stuff was hilarious. kakashi;s attitude is just amazing.

the next ep seem to be from the special manga chapter. but that was only like 3 pages, so that means more "filler" material. still, it should be intresting to watch.

btw, someone said that the 50% to 58% wasn't in the manga....by that do u mean it wasn't shown, or do u mean the success rate was still 50% and never increased. i think all the scenes with tsunade studying would be pointless if they didn't have some improvement.

also, manga readers, how long till the current manga arc finishes? cuz it seems tehy wont get back to the normal storyline till it does.

PossiblE
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:11 PM
also, manga readers, how long till the current manga arc finishes? cuz it seems tehy wont get back to the normal storyline till it does.
Well, according to the number of chapters for the arc so far, minus the number of volumes that have been with this arc, we have about 10 more chapters left until this arc ends.
Honestly, how are we supposed to know?

aznj50
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:37 AM
this episode sux ballz, waste of a dl

SeifeR
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:52 AM
i didnt mind it
it was cool to see tsunade with the hokage hat

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:12 AM
there has not been any reference to the chances of lee's operation success increasing from the initial 50% tsunade mentioned in the manga version.

i guess it really doesnt matter though.......since it still means it could go either way very easily....but the important thing is to show tsunade's determination through her work

KameronFrye
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Honestly, any of you that say you're a fan of the show for the story and character development and hated this episode, you are completely full of shit. I enjoyed this episode. No other characters in the show have a really good, deeply rooted connection to each other like Guy/Rock do. There's some rivalries, sure... but the relationship between Guy/Rock is just nice. I am glad they expanded on this, despite a whole 60 seconds of previously shown flashbacks... oh no! Not a whole minute out of a twenty minute episode! Naruto was only in the show for 6 seconds? Boo! Beh. So what if it isn't word-for-word, arc-for-arc translated from the manga? That's just how adaptations work, they use what they feel is the best for the show and ignore what they don't want to. What you may find to be perfection in the manga, someone else could view as total shit. What makes your or the person who disagrees with you right/wrong? Just don't bitch simply because there wasn't a fight using kunai and fists in this episode

Seriously, you want action/violence? Go watch Bakuretsu Tenshi, catch some Elfen Lied, or go old school and get some Golgo 13 for for your action fix. There's more to this show than learning and using different jutsu for me. If you don't like it, great. But don't bitch simply because the show didn't have an asswhipping for once. The preview was definitely misleading, yeah; but again, the show's not just action.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:33 AM
You know I think in one of the flash back he had a flash back

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:43 AM
KameronFrye has received 987 experience points, levels up to level 12 and achieves new title "Great Poster".

Shuurai
Fri, 09-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
Oh, come on, it didn't suck that bad... The Janken battle was funny... and Lee ACTUALLY taking notes so seriously... too cute. The ep was more of a cute ep than an action ep, so I can see the guys becoming impatient with it. BTW does anyone have a screenshot of chibi-Lee with his braid? Best part of the ep.

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/5213/Lee.jpg

Any Good?

?igma
Fri, 09-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by: KameronFrye
Honestly, any of you that say you're a fan of the show for the story and character development and hated this episode, you are completely full of shit. I enjoyed this episode. No other characters in the show have a really good, deeply rooted connection to each other like Guy/Rock do. There's some rivalries, sure... but the relationship between Guy/Rock is just nice. I am glad they expanded on this, despite a whole 60 seconds of previously shown flashbacks... oh no! Not a whole minute out of a twenty minute episode! Naruto was only in the show for 6 seconds? Boo! Beh. So what if it isn't word-for-word, arc-for-arc translated from the manga? That's just how adaptations work, they use what they feel is the best for the show and ignore what they don't want to. What you may find to be perfection in the manga, someone else could view as total shit. What makes your or the person who disagrees with you right/wrong? Just don't bitch simply because there wasn't a fight using kunai and fists in this episode

Seriously, you want action/violence? Go watch Bakuretsu Tenshi, catch some Elfen Lied, or go old school and get some Golgo 13 for for your action fix. There's more to this show than learning and using different jutsu for me. If you don't like it, great. But don't bitch simply because the show didn't have an asswhipping for once. The preview was definitely misleading, yeah; but again, the show's not just action.

Agreed i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif , I even pinked away a tear I think i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I am just afraid more and more outside-manga scenes will be put in and that it will slowly move away from the manga .. I hope these fillers are just that. ..fillers..

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Ah don't get worried... all that could happen is that we could go down the Kenshin route and have another kid appear who also has a monster as strong as Kyuubi inside him...

?igma
Fri, 09-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
Ah don't get worried... all that could happen is that we could go down the Kenshin route and have another kid appear who also has a monster as strong as Kyuubi inside him...

*plunges into the deep while chained to a wrecked bus, with the doors closed* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRG

dbesing
Fri, 09-10-2004, 10:35 AM
just to say no one should complain spoilers in this topic since it says SPOILERS under the title <.<;

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: dbesing
just to say no one should complain spoilers in this topic since it says SPOILERS under the title <.<;

If you are referring to episode 100 spoilers, then yeah, it's ok. If you are referring to spoilers that have not happened in the Anime yet, then no, that should not be allowed. The Naruto section has non-anime readers like me who really do not appreciate spoilers from the "M", and I am pretty sure the Mods don't appreciate it either, more work for them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Icelander
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
well, I liked this episode, but still hope they get back to the story before they cant controle the situation (they can get back to the story and then add more fillers in the next arc.. would work)

ps. you are talking about the next ep being from an extra manga chapter? Im a manga reader but I completely missed out the chapter.. where can I get it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

rainstorm
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Here's a pattern I see emerging on the forums:

Awesome Episode: Lots of action, getting to see new techniques applied in battle
Decent Episode: Not so much action, but plenty of comedy and developing new techniques
Filler: Less action and comedy and a bit of drama about the main characters
This episode sucks: Dramatic episode about main and sideline characters that is actually really good.

Really, I'm getting tired of hearing how hard an episode sucks just to download it so I can watch it myself (waiting for the AonE release here) and discover that it's one of those eps that define a quality anime. You want to avoid drama? I hear they're coming out with new eps of DB GT. That should have plenty of mindless action for you.

With all of the cries of "this sucks" peppered with people disagreeing with that, I'm expecting a really good ep.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM
rainstorm is so correct that it hurts

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
except that he's wrong about his view on "filler"

some people keep writing hurtful posts about idiots calling stuff filler......but little do they realize, that filler isnt a term for "less action and comedy" but "stuff that isnt in the manga"
learn the difference before making an ass of yourself with such profound posts

as i said before, i have nothing against this episode. It wouldve been better if they didnt show so much of lee in the previous episode (and i really liked the manga equivalent of this episode too)
but what really ruined the whole experience for me was the previews for the next episode.

The saga that should be taking place now is my favorite saga ive ever seen in the manga of naruto, so it pains me to see them do so much rearranging of the story at such crucial places.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Next filler arc:

Sasuke will temporarily become a girl

Naruto will get lost in Brothel city, causing Jiraiya 'great pain' whilst having to look for him

Rock Lee will begin to study medicine

Itachi will appear, then have his eyes plucked out by Tsunade as a joke, causing him to run around more less like a headless chicken in Konoha

Kabuto will come out of the closet and admit he is gay

Mando will bone (can he do that?) Gamabunta's Mrs.

Any other suggestions can come here.

rainstorm
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

some people keep writing hurtful posts about idiots calling stuff filler......but little do they realize, that filler isnt a term for "less action and comedy" but "stuff that isnt in the manga"

as i said before, i have nothing against this episode. It wouldve been better if they didnt show so much of lee in the previous episode (and i really liked the manga equivalent of this episode too)
but what really ruined the whole experience for me was the previews for the next episode.

The saga that should be taking place now is my favorite saga ive ever seen in the manga of naruto, so it pains me to see them do so much rearranging of the story at such crucial places.

Well, to keep my roomate's bandwidth headaches to a minimum, I'm just waiting for American releases on the manga, so I don't know what's currently in the manga. I can't really bring myself to reading manga on a computer screen, anyways. The only time that episodes get called filler is when the masses of gotwootians rise up in a massive "BLEAH! IT'S A FILLER" and accept whatever definition they happened to be using. For all I was thinking before, "filler" was an episode falling between two story arcs.

You don't have anything against this episode... great! Then my post wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the mindless hordes saying that any ep that doesn't have dramatic content is shit. I started another post with this goal, but it got locked (see Naruto 99 doesn't suck).

BTW, you should really come to expect variances, even major ones, between anime and manga. When it comes down to it, they're created with a different audience in mind. For me, I've never seen an anime based on a manga line directly up with it... sound familiar. "The book was better than the movie." It's the same principle. The Japanese know, just as Hollywood knows, that people who spend their lives glued to a TV set are doomed to learn alot less about the world around them and lack the creative desires that lead to things such as reading and poor eyesight.

As for wanting to make an ass of myself... that requires that I first give a shit about what you think.

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:50 PM
unfortunately, i am not at liberty to explain why the timing they chose for fillers was bad....if you really want to know, you can find a rather lengthy post by me in the open discussion explaining the problems the producers will come across when they try to patch things together. There are good fillers and bad fillers, the stuff like the hokage battle and temari vs tenten were good fillers.......anything involving konohamaru is a bad filler. It's just that you hear more about the bad ones than you do about the good ones...but im sure that applies to generally anything in life. I'm sorry to hear you are waiting for american releases of the manga, however......since the ones by VIZ are simply horrible.

however, to say you dont give a shit about what other people think when half the posts you've contributed to this forum so far are about your feelings in regard to other peoples' opinions of the episodes would be counterintuitive to say the least

rainstorm
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Gee, I'm sorry. I just thought I might compare my opinion to other people's. I had thought that was a form of conversation.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 03:16 PM

The things I agreed on with his post is that people tend to discard anything they don't like as filler, while it often in fact isn't. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Fri, 09-10-2004, 03:25 PM

The things I agreed on with his post is that people tend to discard anything they don't like as filler, while it often in fact isn't.

Hey I have absolutely no problems with filler, been watching them for as long as I remember, I think most people dont like this episode b/c we're used to seeing the main character(naruto) in for 79% of the episode, And since I said that I like it for the character development, and since most of that episode was character development, how much of it do you thing I like?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 03:29 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking about you (or this episode in particular for that matter), Knives-chan i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mae
Fri, 09-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: Shuurai

Originally posted by: Mae

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/5213/Lee.jpg

Any Good?

Awwwww..... How can anyone hate this ep? Arigato gozaimasu! i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Lucian5000
Fri, 09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
You know, everyone's saying it will be hard to get back on track with the Manga, but that's not necessarily true.

If they want to set up the part everyone's complaining about missing, then yeah, it'll be a little hard to set that up.. But it can be done.

But realistically, it's not hard for them to continue the story after the 'clash' without including it.

HooP MoNsTeR
Fri, 09-10-2004, 08:16 PM
wrote something before.. but I forgot this thread had multiple pages.. sry.

Assassin
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by: Lucian5000
You know, everyone's saying it will be hard to get back on track with the Manga, but that's not necessarily true.

If they want to set up the part everyone's complaining about missing, then yeah, it'll be a little hard to set that up.. But it can be done.

But realistically, it's not hard for them to continue the story after the 'clash' without including it.

u do realize that only a hand full of ppl will actually know what ur talkign about, atleast in this forum. its probably better to express those particular thoughts in the open disscussion forum since the manga readrs can actually reply to it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.....here, if someone knows what ur saying they still can't say anyhting to agree or dsagree without risking spoilers.

anyway, back to the topic at hand....ppl dont seem to realize that even if u have a "filler" ep that wasn't in the manga, its not really deviating from the story line. as long as kishimoto is overlooking the anime, whatever the anime shows is ALSO the story line....just think of it as more indepth.

i mean for all we know kishimoto might think, "hmm, this part here could've been done better if i had more time/pages....but i can give it a little more detail in the anime to better explain it". so long as hes the one in control, whatever we get in the anime will be "original naruto". granted it wont always be the same as the manga, but the anime can show alot more, simply because its anime. tehres no point to showing day to day life in konoha in the manga cuz its a waste of ink, paper and time. but in the anime kishimoto has the freedom to show stuff like konohamru acting all bitchy or lee getting all emotional.

there mite be some stuff that contradicts teh manga storyline like the whole "sasuke walkign around" thing some ppl have mentioned, and yes thats not an "indepth" view or anyhting.....but for the most part, its just more detail to make the anime more enjoyable, atleast for me.

and for the ppl who absolutely can't stand tehse fillers anymore, u can always take a break from the anime. nobody's forcing u to watch it (i hope i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)...just keep readign the manga if ur a manga reader, or watch some otehr anime while the story gets back to the manga story line.

Nai
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:24 AM
To be honest. I don't care that the series are deviating from the manga, as I've never read the manga, nor do I ever plan to. I'm just starting to find Naruto uninteresting as hell when every new episode is filled with nonessential stuff and flashbacks. I have no problem with humor, as long as it's done with the storyline. However, when the humor becomes the entire storyline... meh.

Rek
Sat, 09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
how can you be against humor in this anime? The first three episodes make you love this anime thru humor... And you can't say that humor doesn't play a role in the story-line, because you don't know the entire storyline. Something could happen later.

Kagari
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:01 PM
I think Rainstorm and Terracosmo are my new heroes. We should start an anti-dumbass club, or something...for people who truly appreciate the show for what it is, as opposed to 75% of this forum.

Rek
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
wait wait wait... so Terra wasn't your hero before?

but he's so metal.

Assertn
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:46 PM
lucian, feel free to explain how it could be done reasonably well in the "Filler Saga?" thread in open discussion
im interested to know how you came to that conclusion i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

im starting to think now though, that since people are saying its probably just an ep based on the bonus chapter of the manga where they try to get kakashi's mask off.....
that the stuff we DID see in the previews could just be part of a flashback that naruto or somebody has. In which case, all is not lost i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nai
Sat, 09-11-2004, 01:17 PM
how can you be against humor in this anime? I never said I was against the humor. I said I was against the humor which is completely unrelated to the storyline, the episode "Naruto's Strange Hot Spring Side Trip" being a good example.

And you can't say that humor doesn't play a role in the story-line, because you don't know the entire storyline. Something could happen later.Yes, I'm certain Jirayia ending up in a hot spring with monkeys will have a major effect on the storyline. Perhaps he will grow to hate them, and duel King Enma to the death. You never know, right?

Assassin
Sat, 09-11-2004, 02:11 PM
that the stuff we DID see in the previews could just be part of a flashback that naruto or somebody has. In which case, all is not lost

u know, i never thought of that. judging from the number of flashbacks in the last couple eps, i wouldnt' be surprised if it was just another flashback

Aramis
Sat, 09-11-2004, 02:40 PM
actually, it would suck if lee just died.
if they want a dramatic turn, it should be something like lee dies>gai commits suicide>lee revives in full strength and goes berserk on people until someone kills him
ok you get the point, something crazy needs to happen again, it was good when oro was wrecking havoc on the city...

Nai
Sat, 09-11-2004, 02:49 PM
something crazy needs to happen againYeah, but isn't that just A BIT too crazy? I mean hell, while we're at it, why not let space monkeys assault lead by the revived Sarutobi..

Primary_Lotus
Sat, 09-11-2004, 03:12 PM
I didn't mind it. A little too many flashbacks for me, but I'm a huge fan of Lee anyways. Every since the Gaara/Lee fight during the Prelim's, I can't wait for Lee to come back. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kazh
Sat, 09-11-2004, 05:14 PM
What happened to this episode??? I mean, yeah it was a touching story about Lee and Gai....but, what the hell is sasuke doing there when tsunade officially became the 4th??? wasnt he at the hospital??? what happened to the **G** at the ****I**L? i cant mention it clearly bcoz it is obviously a spoiler, what is happening??? damn, i just wish that they continue this anime just like in the manga.....it would be a total waste watching naruto if they cut it or should i say stop airing it.

Lucian5000
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Sure, no problem. I'll head there now.

Assassin
Sat, 09-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by: kazh
What happened to this episode??? I mean, yeah it was a touching story about Lee and Gai....but, what the hell is sasuke doing there when tsunade officially became the 4th??? wasnt he at the hospital??? what happened to the **G** at the ****I**L? i cant mention it clearly bcoz it is obviously a spoiler, what is happening??? damn, i just wish that they continue this anime just like in the manga.....it would be a total waste watching naruto if they cut it or should i say stop airing it.

read my post, rite underneath HooP MoNsTeR's, about not having to follow the manga storyline....as for the sasuke thing, go talk about it in the open disscussion and someone mite be able to give u an answer.

ps: if u cant mention it clearly cuz of spoilers, then its probably better to not mention it at all...just some friendly advice.

Deblas
Sat, 09-11-2004, 09:40 PM
This episode sucked!!!!! how many times have we seen the same flashbacks of Lee

Danik
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by: Aramis
something crazy needs to happen again, it was good when oro was wrecking havoc on the city...

Oh don't worry, if they follow the storyline the way they supposed to it will get really crazy.
On the side, I really hope the next episode is just a big flashback instead that a totally new made up saga.

Deblas
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:20 PM
too bad Danik. next episode's a filler

Krbadass
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Don't spoil you idiot.

MotherOfSamantha
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:20 AM
All I have to say is without those fillers we never learn about the characters. And some of those fillers we have never seen befor so it makes me wonder if it even a filler.

Blade_Burashina
Sun, 09-12-2004, 01:32 AM
I think the "filler" was actually pretty decent. True, I don't like to see a anime stretched out where your starting to lose interest, but I don't think naruto is heading in that direction. You got to see a lot of Gai and Lee, and understand more about their relationship. Just because a anime doesn't have fighting in it for a time, doesn't make it not a good anime. A good anime has a deep plot to it, and pulls you into their lives. Don't get me wrong, yes fighting is very cool, but its not the basis of a good anime.

Assertn
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by: MotherOfSamantha
All I have to say is without those fillers we never learn about the characters. And some of those fillers we have never seen befor so it makes me wonder if it even a filler.

the only characters we dont really learn much from without fillers is the konohamaru corps.......

and tonton

chambers
Sun, 09-12-2004, 08:43 AM
i havent seen anyone else mention the quality fo the animation, just look at gai and kakshi's face when they play janken, its superb.

Lucian5000
Sun, 09-12-2004, 08:53 AM
There's like.. 3 people who look at the animation quality. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

?igma
Sun, 09-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
i havent seen anyone else mention the quality fo the animation, just look at gai and kakshi's face when they play janken, its superb.

I start looking at the animation the minute it ISNT looking the way it is supposed to.
and since it was pretty good here, Why would I bother arguing the animation ?

Deblas
Sun, 09-12-2004, 11:08 AM
As long as the storyline is good i really dont mind the animation. just look at final fantasy7

Knives122
Sun, 09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
That game sucked, but yeah I dont care about fillers as long as its relevant to the show.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I pity you all who dont have life's.. and all get depressed after seeing a episode that wasnt so great.. (in your eyes filler)

Seriously i look down at such ppl all and pity them.. i would drop a peny in front of them if i encountered them IRL.. why get so depressed over a anime?? for pete's sake..

If the anime sucks bigtime quit watching it, quit whining on the forums and start doing things you do like..

Well if you wont succeed in that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Reaper2k3/suicideoption.jpg

Munsu
Sun, 09-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Isnt fillers episodes that dont appear in the manga? Then this certainly does appear in the manga hence not a filler... So quit complaining about that sort of thing...

Assertn
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:04 PM
ive established that uchiha-itachi doesnt know the concept of filler way back when he first mentioned it in his sig i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, people just dont get that fillers are more or less better understanding of the entire concept of the show, in other words if they cant get or appreciate it then they're stupid

Assertn
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:25 PM
uh.....what?

"if you dont appreciate fillers, then you're stupid"?
i dont think you have to be intelligent to enjoy fillers. Although i would have a problem with someone who would complain about ALL fillers......like most of the hokage fight.

Some people may like to bash slower paced story and character episodes, and some people like to bash the bashers of said episodes.....but the latter can be just as bad sometimes as the former i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

If there were 30 eps of insane action, and then 1 episode of character buildup.....then to complain would be just pathetic. But since its been almost a month now where things have been going slow....then what's wrong with not liking that?

To say you dislike an episode because it didnt progress as fast as you'd like it to doesnt give other people merit to say you shouldnt watch the show anymore or to kill yourself.......

on the contrary, it might even say that the people who complain appreciate the show more than YOU do, since they might find it harder to wait a full week to see the next ep and their excitement gives them higher expectations.

Rek
Mon, 09-13-2004, 06:49 AM
...kinda like sex?

basey44
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:16 AM
hahaha rek ur comment put a smile on my face i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:41 AM
speaking of excitement from being deprived for an extended period of time............i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

wirm
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:21 PM
I liked it. Too bad that inauguration part was so short. At least Tsunade could have put on the whole hokage outfit.

Her medical jacket is getting kind of boring.

rainstorm
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:19 PM
"if you dont appreciate fillers, then you're stupid"?
i dont think you have to be intelligent to enjoy fillers. Although i would have a problem with someone who would complain about ALL fillers......like most of the hokage fight.

Assertn, for once, I actually agree with you.

Pardon me, I have to go eat a hat now.

KaneInferno
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:21 PM
i thought it was good, besides, its only the fourth filler. wait till the 14th or 15th to complain, cause that would just be rediculous and even i would get in on the anime bashing. im still gonna hold out for a turn for the better real soon. besides every anime has to have a hot springs episode, and this was asgood a time as any to do it.

Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:57 PM
this was a good episode

IF YOU'RE FROM HONG KONG, YOU WILL TRULY UNDERSTAND THE SAYING

"PAK LOK & CHEEN LEI MA (1000 mile horse)"

for those who don't know the story, you can reply a post asking what it is... i'll only tell the story if ppl are interested... (but the story isn't that interesting lol)

TruthofMistake
Wed, 09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
well assertn id have to say that is an intelligent and in my opinion correct response to all this i didnt really think the episode was that bad and while i prefer actuall fast-moving stuff id like them to throw in a filler occasionally to delve deeper into something they might have just brushed over in another episode or something like in this we got to learn a little more about gai and his rivalry with kakashi.... wait that mita been 99..... either way

DB_Hunter
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Yea so we don't really know now if Gai is as strong as Kakashi fighting wise... since there have been some stupid contests involved as well...

I bet they are still closley matched though...

jing
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:41 PM
I thought that this episode was pure character development, not filler.

Garlannd
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:34 PM
I still want to know why its not upon this torrent section if the aone is out.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
a little off the subject...when i try to click on the series section i get a message saying error getting sections. wtf?