PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Star Trek

KitKat
Wed, 09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
I thought this might be fun. If you're a double-geek like me, and enjoy both anime and Star Trek, feel free to give your opinions, random comments and witty remarks. Ok, here it is:

If the cast of Naruto had to act out an episode of Star Trek TNG, which Naruto characters would play which ST characters? For example, Sakura could play Troi because Troi usually just talks a lot and never actually does anything useful. And Konohamaru could play Wesley Crusher.....just because. The third could play a decent Picard, being an authority figure and caring for everyone under his protection.

Scorpio V1.2
Wed, 09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Alright then

Jiraiya could be Q, because he's always showing up and dissapearing and is always looking to have a laugh

Sasuke could be Data because he's cold and unemotional

Neji could be worf because he's always preparing for battle

thats all I got

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Itachi can be Riker, that smooth talking second in command. Data will need to be played by Lee, and Tsunade can play Dr. Crusher. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Scale
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
lee can be georgi just a litle bigger eyebrows and he would have those visor's i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and ummmzzzzz that pig i forgot his name can be spot (data's cat)

Assertn
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
gahhh...wtf are you guys doing?? and after all this work i put into arguing to my friend that watching naruto is less nerdier than watching star trek i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
You know, I never thought of watching Star Trek as a nerdy thing. I mean, some of female friends watch it, and they also watch other shows like Gilmore Girls, Charm, and the OC. They are definitely not nerdy (intelligent, yes, but also very social).

Now, if you go overboard with it, and are obsessed, then yeah, it could be a little geeky. However, I don't believe that the majority of people that have watched ST TNG would be classified as nerdy.

There are different types of people who likes different things, and stereotypes should not be made. It's like saying those who watch the OC are Sakura wannabes. That is absolutely not true. There are a large variety of people who watch the OC.

Besides that, KitKat started this thread, and she may be an engineering genius, but she is a pretty cool person nonetheless.

One more point: Almost everyone who watches Anime watches Naruto around here, and more girls watch it than do the guys. Sometimes, the best way to pick up a cute girl is to be able to talk to them about Naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rek
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Original Cast: Gai Sensei would be Mr. Spock, because only he is gay enough to sing about hobbits, Kakashi would be Captain Kirk and Scotty would be played by the head of house Hyuuga. Oh yeah! And that creepy rock monster from that one episode would be Shukaku (Gaara's little friend)

THREAD CLOSED

KitKat
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon

Besides that, KitKat started this thread, and she may be an engineering genius, but she is a pretty cool person nonetheless.

Wow.......thanks! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Nai
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Sasuke could be Data because he's cold and unemotionalCold and unemotional? Half of the times we've seen him he's been busy having nervous breakdowns. Now Itachi on the other hand...

Oh, and Orochimaru just have to be the Borg, wanting to assimilate everything, and everyone - "Resistance is futile."

Eurasian
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
Oh, and Orochimaru just have to be the Borg, wanting to assimilate everything, and everyone - "Resistance is futile."
yah, ugly and powerful. except the one in voyager...but i can't remember her name (Jeri Ryan, i think, was her real name).

someone talked about the The O.C.!!!! the second season!!! the O.C. gets filmed where i live. i go home from school and i always see them filming. it's my only reason for watching the show. seriously, ppl who watch the O.C. r not like sakura (i hate sakura).

Errihu
Wed, 09-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I dunno... Iruka would make a good scotty I think.

Krbadass
Wed, 09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Old star trek sucks... I liked voyager and The new one.

Assertn
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon
You know, I never thought of watching Star Trek as a nerdy thing. I mean, some of female friends watch it, and they also watch other shows like Gilmore Girls, Charm, and the OC. They are definitely not nerdy (intelligent, yes, but also very social).

Now, if you go overboard with it, and are obsessed, then yeah, it could be a little geeky. However, I don't believe that the majority of people that have watched ST TNG would be classified as nerdy.

There are different types of people who likes different things, and stereotypes should not be made. It's like saying those who watch the OC are Sakura wannabes. That is absolutely not true. There are a large variety of people who watch the OC.

One more point: Almost everyone who watches Anime watches Naruto around here, and more girls watch it than do the guys. Sometimes, the best way to pick up a cute girl is to be able to talk to them about Naruto.

yeah my roommate insisted that watching anime in general is an act of geekiness
but if you dont think watching star trek is a nerdy thing......then honestly.....tell me what is

the two things that invented the nerd culture is star trek and D&D

KitKat
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
yeah my roommate insisted that watching anime in general is an act of geekiness
but if you dont think watching star trek is a nerdy thing......then honestly.....tell me what is

the two things that invented the nerd culture is star trek and D&D

I would say that watching Star Trek isn't any more nerdy than, say, playing video games, and goodness knows we talk about video games enough at this forum. Star Trek in it's many incarnations draws a very diverse audience. Sure there is the subsection of people who are completely obsessive about it, but the same goes for anime. Since the geeky super-obsessed people are the most visible, that becomes the stereotype. We already had a long discussion about the evils of stereotyping in the music thread. If your roommate can't learn to get past the stereotype and watch anime based on whether he enjoys it or not, that just makes him narrow-minded.

Alright, back on topic. I could see Kabuto as a Romulan: deceitful and scheming, trying to bring down the good guys.

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:17 AM
ok video games arent nerdy......especially the types of games you see out these days. On the contrary, i use video games as part of a social activity, which is why gamecube rocks.

my roommate watches anime AND he watches star trek.....he doesnt really care about being a nerd i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

HooP MoNsTeR
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:32 AM
The only thing wrong with Krbadass's reply is he meant *ALL* Star Trek sucks, and if he didn't he should of.

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:00 AM
well obviously he didnt since he said he liked voyager i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

KitKat
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
ok video games arent nerdy......especially the types of games you see out these days. On the contrary, i use video games as part of a social activity, which is why gamecube rocks.

my roommate watches anime AND he watches star trek.....he doesnt really care about being a nerd

lol, that's ok then. Calling yourself a nerd is totally legit.

I use Star Trek as part of a social activity. We usually choose a couple episodes to watch when people come over to eat pie because ST is something everyone can agree on watching. And Gamecube totally rocks i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by: HooP MoNsTeR
The only thing wrong with Krbadass's reply is he meant *ALL* Star Trek sucks, and if he didn't he should of.

Welcome to the forums, or should I say, nice try on creating a username for flaming, since this is your first post with that username. You probably just want to be on Gotwoot Survivor 2 noob edition. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Originally posted by: KitKat
I use Star Trek as part of a social activity. We usually choose a couple episodes to watch when people come over to eat pie because ST is something everyone can agree on watching. And Gamecube totally rocks.

Ahh, yes. I remember the good old days when friends would hang out and watch shows like ST and then play games afterwards. Now its just karaoke, the movies, and trying out restaurants as the norm.

AssertnFailure, as KitKat said, geekiness can be found in extreme cases and fanatics. You know how the media loves to emphasize on anything out of the ordinary. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif If you are extremely hardcore in anything, people will find a way to stereotype or insult you (Extremely sexual = slut, extremely kind = fake, etc.). It's just better not to be prejudice at all, but yeah, you call yourself whatever you want, thouhg. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: Eurasian
yah, ugly and powerful. except the one in voyager...but i can't remember her name (Jeri Ryan, i think, was her real name).

someone talked about the The O.C.!!!! the second season!!! the O.C. gets filmed where i live. i go home from school and i always see them filming. it's my only reason for watching the show. seriously, ppl who watch the O.C. r not like sakura (i hate sakura).

The Voyager character is Seven of Nine. As for the OC, I can't believe they film it there. Actually, being an OC person myself, that show is just so fake. No one is like that here, and we all don't live in $10 Million homes. They are just trying to recreate a Beverly Hills 90210, but naming it OC instead.

Oh yeah, nice new Avatar. I can't really tell what it is, though. Is it Goku?

Back on topic, the Third will make a great Vulcan, the father of Mr. Spock, or the older Spock. Sakura can play that blonde head of security, the one that died in season 2 or something. I'll go with Gaara as Worf, with Gaara going all berserk and killing (actually he can play any Klingon).

Jakins
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Can anyone explain to me exactly what Star Trek has to do with naruto.

Btw, the older crew were the best, c'mon you gotta love Kirk getting off with fit green skined alien girls every ep. None of that sheer cheek and raunchiness now, it just gets worse with every new series....infact they should just call it the american dream in space.

kupalmaru
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Anko could be the girl who could read mind

Tsunadi could be Seven of Nine from Voyager. The two of them have one thing in common, big boobs

Edit: Enterprise is really different from the previous Trek. There are something that Archer(Enterprise) would do that Picard(TNG) will not.

Kagari
Sat, 09-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Like, Get it on with a vulcan?

Baka Ronin
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:20 PM
are you people retarded? these two subjects have nothing to do with eachother. I like both of them but am intelligent enough to keep both of them separate. please cease this stupidity before I lose my lunch.

KitKat
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Of course these subjects are not related. That's what makes the game interesting. You actually have to think about it to try to draw connections. Personally, I think it's a nice change from the standard "is X stronger than Y" type of thread. If you don't like this thread, there are many others where you can post, and you never have to look at this one if you don't want to.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Kitkat has a point, there is nothing wrong with this thread, and like said, if you don't like it then don't read/post in it and find another, let the people who enjoy thinking and comming up with connections/ideas post in here then.

Kagari
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Warf and Asuma strike me as being very similar...maybe it's the beast-like strength, or the quiet nobility.

PSJ
Sun, 09-12-2004, 11:00 AM
the only thing i have to say is that star trek sucks.

Deblas
Sun, 09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Got that right

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
the only thing i have to say is that star trek sucks.

Now when you say that, do you mean that all the series suck? Also, does it mean that you have watched at least a full season of each series to actually see if it is bad or not? Or is this based on your opinion of seeing people cosplay at conventions and not really watching any episodes?

For me, I usually don't say any series sucks until I actually see enough of it. For example, Andromeda sucks during the last couple of seasons because the story line has become so corny and incoherent.

If you are going to insult a series, at least let me know why you don't like it.

As for comparing Star Trek with Naruto, yeah, that's a little different, but hey, it's at least fun to try for those who want to. Btw, Star Trek has its pluses and minuses. At the very least, it does invigorate your mind to imagine what the future could be like. In a way, it could help the minds of today create and shape the future. You wouldn't be looking at your computer monitor if not for the ingenius engineers of the past.

Back on topic, I would have Tsunade play the Borg queen. I mean, Tsunade can kick butt and totally rule over the universe as Borg queen. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:09 PM
i have seen like a season of star trek voyeger, a movie with that guy playing professor X in X-men and i've seen some of star trek enterprise. thats what i base my opinion on. from what i know the series are ver alike with a ship and crew out in space fighting and meeting diffrent sorts of races and shit.

KitKat
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:39 PM
PSJ, I don't blame you for thinking Star Trek sucks if that's all you've seen. Voyager is much lower quality than most of the other ST series, and Enterprise....well....I don't even consider it to be Star Trek since it's blatantly a sell-out to pop culture. Overall the best series in my opinion was The Next Generation. It's not just some dudes in space fighting and meeting aliens. It uses a fantasy future universe to deal with complex moral and social issues that our society is facing. It has a depth to it that is not found in any of the other ST's, and is fun and interesting to watch too.

Nevertheless, this is NOT a 'Do you like Star Trek' thread. I refer you all the the first post which explains the actual topic.

Ok, so I think that Orochimaru could play Data's brother Lor....they are both so evil, and enjoy being evil.

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah, I myself have stuggled watching through Enterprise (conflicts with Smallville for one), and Voyager was.. umm... different (Q having a relationship with the captain just didn't sit to well with me). So yeah, if you based your Star Trek experience off that, then I can definitely understand your point of view.

KitKat, I definitely think that Oro would make a great Lor. They have the same complexion, too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I can't imagine who would make a great Picard, though. I mean, the guy reads Shakespeare and is very classy. Who in Naruto would have that charisma? I guess maybe the Third might be close, but I am not sure.

I think we can play Sakura as any of the extras; you know, the ones that always get killed off. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Garlannd
Mon, 09-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Chouji for scotty!

Lee for spock.

uhhhh lets see who would make a good kurk.

bitwar
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:14 AM
To all those who insist on pointing out that Star Trek and Naruto have nothing in common, you're mostly right. Except that they are both series I (and many others) enjoy. However, by saying that the two should never meet, even in an abstract hypothetical forum thread such as this is simply narrow minded of you. It's here for fun, and that's what the people posting here (for the most part) are using it as. I for one find it interesting to try to find parallels between completely unrelated series. Of course, since Star Trek is such a laid back series compared to Naruto, it's difficult to draw parallels betwen characters beyond one or two common points. And I can't tie all of them to TNG alone.

Rock Lee - Nog from DS9 (after joining Starfleet), the excitedly loud "yes sir!" mentality
Konohamaru - Welsey Crusher before going off to Starfleet Academy, duh
Jiraiya - Captain Kirk, the whole woman obsession thing
Kakashi - Q, pranks, observations, and helpful every once in a while
Tsunade - Kira (DS9), firey attitude

That's all I got right now. And there's nothing wrong with being a nerd, since usually all it means is that you take time to think more than the average meat-headed jock. Unless you're talking about the overly-obsessive "Trekie" types. *shudders* I'm just a fan. And a nerd. And if you have a problem with that, I'll kick your @$$.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:50 PM
nothing wrong here...but i cant think of any pairings

sakura=barkeley:a bumbling idiot