PDA

View Full Version : Filler saga?

AlbinoFury
Wed, 09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
potential spoilers below(we are in the open discussion after all)

I watched the 100 raw and the preview for 101 showed sasuke naruto kakashi and sakura setting out on a mission, this is clearly filler as its not in the manga, and its not gonna be one ep i have a feeling. bah let the filler saga begin i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif and we were so close to the neji fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Knives122
Wed, 09-08-2004, 03:06 PM
This is obviously the part the people were talking about when they said that "They were putting a new character in the series" oh well guess well just have to wait a little bit longer to see those fights (I usually liked it when they went on missions, maybe well see naruto step in crap again)

PossiblE
Wed, 09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
As long as the fillers are interesting, it won't be that bad. So far though, almost all the fillers have just been awful.

Jman
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:24 PM
if they're gonna have more fillers then i hope that they don't turn out to be anything like the movie specials, particularly the konohamaru 4leaf clover special.

Assertn
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
number of things that will SUCK for the producers when they decide to get back on track......

1) sasuke becoming evil
ok seriously....the whole point of itachi appearing earlier in the series was so sasuke could confront him and renew his hatred. If they plan to have sasuke be all calm and content while carrying out this mission they're gonna do now, then how's he gonna become evil? just one day remember about losing to itachi out of the blue? riight....besides.....he has to end up in the hospital again so they can fight on top of it. Boy this is gonna be pretty lame for sasuke if he ends up incapacitated yet again.

2) lee getting the surgery
lee better not have the surgery before the genins go out to pursue sasuke. If he does it will take away so much from his dramatic return. However I also cant imagine tsunade waiting a month or however long naruto's mission will last so sasuke can return and become evil.

3) the original team 7 on a misison together
ever since the chuunin exam, the idea was that they start going their seperate ways. Jiraiya is supposed to be naruto's sensei, not kakashi. Now i'll bet they'll come up with cheesy things sakura will do to contribute, even though she hasnt in the manga. lame...

4) announcing the results of the chuunin exam
dont tell me that they plan to wait until after this whole adventure of naruto's before announcing the results of the exam. Shikamaru was supposed to have already become chuunin way back when he was at the hokage's place with his dad. Are they just pretend that never happened, and that shika just happened to be hanging around the hokage building?

lemme know if there's any others i havent thought of...

Lefty
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I hope Kishimoto sensei is involved in the sripts to this filler saga. At least then it will keep the story intact, some what. Assertn right, they're burning the bridge that leads back to the original story. We're in for rough ride.

Souryusen
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:43 PM
I suppose they could still have the hospital fight after the filler... maybe Sasuke starts shit when they go to visit Lee in rehab or something. It won't be the same.. but... the water tower thing needs to be done.

Elessar
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Maybe they fork and make their own, new story.
Happened to InuYasha, could happen to Naruto as well.

Souryusen
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Happened to RurouKen too... and it was terrible. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Terracosmo
What Assertn said + FUCKING INCLUDE OTHER CHARACTERS THAN TEAM 7 IN THE DAMN FILLER

DeathscytheVII
The best filler Saga, IMO is if Kishimoto spends an entire arc telling us the history of Kakashi and how he came to be the jounin he is today.

Knives122
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:02 PM
yeah, and then we get to see everything that he did in the story so far, that wouldnt work, we need mor neji looking around for birds thats what the entire saga should be focused on

Mut
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:04 PM
itachi saga.

Dakana
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:56 PM
They had better not screw up Rock Lee's amazing entrance. I cheered when I read that manga... aloud =/. Then I proceeded to LAUGH MY ASS OFF at his drunken fist...

Anyway... this could complicate things. Anime-Heaven is being dumb, we possibly have a stupid filler saga coming up... this is/was an awesome anime - they had better damn well not mess it up.

Lefty
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Hope is all we have till 101 is released and we find out what the fuck is going on with this mission.

Alu
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:38 AM
The question that bugs me is how Sasuke gets put back in the hospital. That ruins the moment Naruto and Sasuke get after Sasuke gets to his senses. Then, if Naruto uses Rasengan itll ruin alot of suspense.

JusDaMan
Thu, 09-09-2004, 02:04 AM
chances are...

Team 7 get sent to do a mission... after a long battle... sasuke becomes unconcess(sp?) and is in hospital... Naruto hasn't shown rasengan yet cause all he has to do is go kyubi and kick everyone's ass.... sakura will learn a new techneque... "Naruto-kun no jutsu" along side wif "sasuke-kun no justsu"...

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:30 AM
that would be so lame though............

if sasuke ends up seriously injured for the 4th time in this series.......

Doc
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:51 AM
They will probably have a mission and Naruto shines at the end. They go back to kohano and Sasuke wants to fight Naruto to see whos stronger

Lucian5000
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:45 AM
Or.. They could fight while out on the mission.

Maybe Sasuke is gettin' ticked off and Naruto says something stupid (as usual) and they'll go at it. Kakashi could be proof reading Jiraiya's new novel.

Edit: Probably not though.

Raven
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Agreed, Assertn. This isn't looking good. It's gonna be crap no matter what happens. I have virtually no hope. I'm sorry to say so, but... it's inevitable.

Jman
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:52 AM
damn. so they're gonna go the way of dbz afterall. that'd suck big time

Zansatsu
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Geez. This could be seriously bad. I hope it's just one or two episodes. But, as has been said many times already, Sasuke leaving the hospital is disturbing. There's always hope, I guess...

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
apparently losing to itachi isnt enough to piss sasuke off.........that defeats the whole purpose of bringing itachi out of hiding earlier in the series! -_-

im guessing naruto's gonna be doing some totally crazy moves that sasuke wishes he could do, and ends up wanting to fight back in konoha

but yes......if sasuke sees naruto rasengan before they fight, then it'll take a way a little from their match

hornetmike
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Man i have absolutely no faith in this filler arc. Assertn is right, they just completely ruined everything including the set up for the next arc. Aslo they're probably gonna have sakura do something she didin't really do for the hell of it. This is gonna be so lame.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:06 PM
wasn't the preview for epi 101 the one when they invite kakashi to eat ramen? i don't know, but i think that's what it's about cuz it was something titled about showing kakashi's face.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
damn. so they're gonna go the way of dbz afterall. that'd suck big time

For the love of Jesus God stop it with the DBZ comparisons already people! Naruto isn't the only fucking anime with fillers, all long running series does, and Naruto (a show which has so far been entirely faithful to the manga except for a few scenes) has a damn long road to walk before "ending up like DBZ".

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:20 PM
i only saw the raw, so i wasnt sure what exactly they were discussing in the previews......
but seriously..........they couldnt think of a better time to throw the bonus chapter into the story?

now they're gonna have sasuke be all nice and friendly as they try to reveal kakashi's face.....then he suddenly decides to get uber pissed?
akjshfkjhfgkjhdg

Knives122
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I agree Naruto isnt really anthing like DBZ so stop saying it is,

jing
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM
They should make Naruto more like FMA.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:06 PM
akjshfkjhfgkjhdg indeed. Bloody Sasuke was standing there in his old clothes looking as his usual self when Tsunade showed off her hokage hat. Wow...

Saying that Naruto should be more like FMA is kinda unfair considering that FMA had a set timeframe and set story from the beginning. Naruto is way longer and I am guessing they kinda go week-to-week when it comes to the content of that show... in other words more improvised. Unless of course you mean that you want Naruto to start using alchemy and Sasuke to turn into a giant suit of armor.

jing
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:34 PM
I dunno, cuz like FMA's storyline really surprises me alot, and i think its deeper than Naruto.

cauz wats next? level2 sasuke?

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Being like FMA?
You guys mean like having 2 different stories?
If I recall the FMA anime storyline and timeline is all screwed up againt the manga (having the alchemist use his daughter as quimera in the past in the anime, in the present in the manga; or the battle with Greed).

This 101 episode should have happened way before... not now... I hope Kishimoto is coordinating this eps...

martintopsecret
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:40 PM
maybe this will tie into the movie....which has team 7 and the rasengen.

My question is how long will the saga need to be, because I saw a post once that said that the anime was averaging 1.5 to 3 mangas a week. I aqlso see the action packed "Chase Sasuke All Over Gods Creation" Saga anime conversion leaning towards the 3 /week rate.

...soooo if someone figured out the "no saga" convergence point,

we might be seeing a fairly long filler saga

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:13 PM
seriously, wtf is w/ sasuke?? what happen to all his hate?! and i want that goddamn hospital scene!!

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
if there were 100+ eps of fma, then all the people who whine about "narutards" would be whining about "FMAssholes"

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if there were 100+ eps of fma, then all the people who whine about "narutards" would be whining about "FMAssholes"

Indeed.
Funny that they watch the show anyways.
I've seen people do that before... saw it when Saint Seiya was aired in Mexico... during elementary many kids would go saying that the people who watched it where idiots, yet every saturday morning they went to watch it

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:23 PM
yes, everybody is a hypocrite in this lovely world. and i will admit i'm one of those ppl.

VoiD
Fri, 09-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Im hoping that perhaps this will just be a time out episode where naruto pops up and says something like "this is a funny event that happened to us back...." and we see the manga ep where they try to see kakashi's face, and then the next episode it goes back to the proper story. its the only way to redeem it without completely screwing things up, although we did already see sasuke out of the hospital at that hokage presentation thing.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
People are going to bitch about filler episodes, no matter how hard others try to tell them it's inevitable. Similarly, people ARE going to compare it to DBZ, because it's so fucking obvious. If it's there, people are going to call it.

I will admit, that even besides the entire filler episode crap, Naruto has strikingly similar circumstances like that of DBZ. Does that make it suck? No. Does that simple fact itself suck? Yes. Nobody wants anything DBZ-like anymore.

sangai
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Damn't fillers suck. well i won't be watchin the series till it gets back on track with the manga.

what the hell are they wasting so much time quite milin it kishimoto or you might lose fans.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Considering how much crap happens in the next arc, I guess a little breather isn't a bad thing. Heh, you won't be getting one for quite some time.

sangai
Fri, 09-10-2004, 06:35 PM
yeah i know but i can wait as long as the manga is goi nthe way its goin i don't mind.

its kinda pointless for almost what 3 4 filler eps in a row so far.

Lucian5000
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:54 PM
If they skipped the fight with Naruto/Sasuke entirely, they could get back on track with the manga by going right to the next arc.

All they have to do is have Sasuke off alone, and introduce Orochimaru's lackeys. They beat him up, show him how weak he really is.. And to get stronger (to beat Itachi, rather than Naruto) he agrees to use the seal.

Assertn
Sat, 09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
for one thing.....that would be horrible
there's a lot of significance behind the match with naruto and sasuke on the building.......it showed the difference in their power, it emphasized the root of their rivalry, the whole speech about the forehead protector being symbollic of naruto and sasuke being equal ninjas (as well as the symbolism of when sasuke actually puts his on later on), it even gave that amusing comparison between kakashi teaching sasuke the chidori and jiraiya teaching naruto the rasengan.

Not only that though, but also consider.....
would sakura have known that sasuke would try to run away? would kakashi have known that sasuke is starting to become evil?

Elessar
Sat, 09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, one possibility still open:

Show Sasuke sitting in the tree and have him remembering the fight. The whole chat & fight in up until Sasuke leaves in a "flashback". After that Kakashi joins in, tells his story, thinks "is he really ready for chidori?" -> flashback what happened after Sasuke left the scene. After that the 4 sounds and here we are.

Hell, even Sakura telling the fight to Hinata would be possible.

Often applied stylistic device in literature, called "Botenbericht" in german -- no idea about the correct english term.

Assertn
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:30 PM
true.....but then that would be weird for him to be chillin at the hokage ceremony in between those events

Elessar
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I have to confess I haven't seen 100 yet. This makes things complicated....

Lucian5000
Sat, 09-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I agree. I would hate to have them skip over the fight, but it IS possible to continue to the next arc without it. But, I'm sure they'll find a way to fit it in.

Turles
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
You mean you guys didnt get the hidden unreleased chapters of the manga containing this whole event!?!?!

Too bads for you.

Assertn
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:57 AM
was there ever an inauguration ceremony for tsunade in the manga?

ilabb
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Mention of a ceremony for like 2 seconds...

I'm more worried about Shikamaru's title, WHEN THE F ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW HIM CHUUNIN-IZED?! If there is a filler saga coming up, there is no reason why they couldn't have just shown him as a Chuunin already... and the meeting of Chouji and Shikamaru outside the bathroom was really cool too, why have these things been postponed so much?

mf
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
IDIOTS

The anime is getting way too close to the manga. So they have to put in a huge amount of fillers if they want to be able to continue on a weekly basis. So STFU and enjoy your naruto. Thank you.

Assertn
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
there's a right way and a wrong way to put in huge amounts of fillers though, mf, and they are doing it the wrong way
what they SHOULD do.....is just go through this saga like normal.....and by the time to get to the end, the manga should be(at least i'd be very surprised if it wasnt) past this long saga its going through right now. Then take the opportunity in between sagas to put in a filler saga. They could even elaborate more on shino's mission, or perhaps they could have shino, kakashi, and gai's missions parallel the "retrieve sasuke" mission so they could add a bunch of eps that way. But putting in all this stuff right at the major occurance of lots of different things is bad......

AlbinoFury
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:29 PM
all i know is i want my neji and chouji fights like pronto!

basey44
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:14 AM
i just wanna see naruto go super kyuubi and sasuke get his third dot i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, we have so long to wait, especially with these extra fillers

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-15-2004, 12:44 PM
You're a dumbass. MF.

There is no way the anime is getting too close to the manga. It has at least 50 episodes MINIMUM to catch up to where the manga is now. You'll also notice the anime emphasizes heavily on flashbacks - something the manga doesn't do very often. At the rate the anime goes, they can do an episode every day, and it would still take forever to catch up.

Fillers are nice, but eventually you start tiring of em. I don't mind, but I know a lot of others here do.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 09-15-2004, 12:45 PM
it''s official it begins next week this week's preview for next week shows a new character most likely the filler character they were gonna introduce

mf
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Oh btw, to make you guys cry even more, this filler saga will last about 30 eps (edit: 20), and yes it IS because of catching up with the manga. So just live with the truth or shut the fuck up and live in your illusion world where the anime is 100 eps away from the manga. It won't help shit anyway cause the producers are going to do what they want anyway.

This message brought to you by Dr. Denis Leary: "SHUT THE FUCK UP, NEXT!".

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:25 PM
damnit a 30 ep filler saga thats a little over 6 months of no naruto anime. this sucks.

Assertn
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:27 PM
where did it say the filler saga is 30 eps?

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
the homeless guy said it.

Knives122
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Homeless guy?

PSJ
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:53 PM
yea i dont know his name but his pic looks like a homeless guy.

mf
Wed, 09-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Sorry I meant to say 20. (mid january)

Assertn
Wed, 09-15-2004, 04:00 PM
that still doesnt answer my question.... -_-

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
I'M NOT HOMELESS! DON'T ACCUSE ME!

WHAT?!

KaneInferno
Thu, 09-16-2004, 07:44 PM
yes..i want know about these 20 eps...

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-17-2004, 02:08 PM
I pondered this today about the filler saga, hopefully it doesnt suck, but regardless of that itll make the next arc a bit more believable, adding more time and more time for training and growth etc. Why? because it was just a bit unbelievable that Oros elite bodyguards with curse seals would get beaten down by a handful of genins, i mean itll make it a bit more believable if they have a bit more time to show themselves etc

Assertn
Fri, 09-17-2004, 02:11 PM
i think it still all happened wtihin reason though......
except for kiba's.....that was pure BS

AlbinoFury
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:10 PM
i think it still all happened wtihin reason though......
except for kiba's.....that was pure BS

that it was

Knives122
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
you cant really blame him, he had no Idea he would be fighting two enimies, and also yes it was BS on what that guy could do

Assertn
Fri, 09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
huh? we're talking about the fact that he could become a giant 2 headed dog beast

whether he knew who he was up against or not had no relevance to what we're saying i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Fri, 09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
well there was no clue in either your or albinos thing that said about you guys talking about him being a two headed henge beast, I just misinterpreted it wrong

onlyelliot
Wed, 10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
I actually liked what this filler ads to the overall plot. First it gave a much more direct reason for Sasuke to be pissed and want to fight Naruto. Him being mad here makes a lot more sense to me than the manga did (well at least the fact that he was mad and wanted to fight Naruto because of it made more sense). I also like seeing Naruot applying the concepts he learned in the Resnegan trianging, showing that not only did he gain a new jutsu, but a better understanding in general of how his chakra can be used. Lastly it showed Sakura being level headed and calm enough in a combat situation to still use her excellent chakra control. This little tidbit helps support her qualification to become a medical ninja under Tsunade's tutelage. So, overall, I think that this arc helped fill a few gaps that the manga missed.
However, I DID think that these episodes have been a little boring.

mage
Thu, 10-28-2004, 12:16 AM
filler saga officially ends this week with 106 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Assertn
Thu, 10-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: onlyelliot
I actually liked what this filler ads to the overall plot. First it gave a much more direct reason for Sasuke to be pissed and want to fight Naruto. Him being mad here makes a lot more sense to me than the manga did (well at least the fact that he was mad and wanted to fight Naruto because of it made more sense). I also like seeing Naruot applying the concepts he learned in the Resnegan trianging, showing that not only did he gain a new jutsu, but a better understanding in general of how his chakra can be used. Lastly it showed Sakura being level headed and calm enough in a combat situation to still use her excellent chakra control. This little tidbit helps support her qualification to become a medical ninja under Tsunade's tutelage. So, overall, I think that this arc helped fill a few gaps that the manga missed.
However, I DID think that these episodes have been a little boring.

ok i havent watched 106 yet, so i have no idea what excuse they make for sasuke being pissed, but i find it very hard to believe that it is something that would push him over the edge moreso than losing in a fight against itachi.

in the manga, the whole point of sasuke fighting itachi was for him to lose and become uber pissed. However in the anime, he recovered and didnt seem like that whole itachi encounter phased him one bit....then proceeds to try to see kakashi's face i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

totally defeats the purpose of itachi showing up earlier, and it totally downplays the source of sasuke's hatred being targeted at itachi

Lucian5000
Thu, 10-28-2004, 03:14 AM
Finally.. We can get on to the bad-assness that is the next arc!

onlyelliot
Thu, 10-28-2004, 03:49 AM

ok i havent watched 106 yet, so i have no idea what excuse they make for sasuke being pissed, but i find it very hard to believe that it is something that would push him over the edge moreso than losing in a fight against itachi.

in the manga, the whole point of sasuke fighting itachi was for him to lose and become uber pissed. However in the anime, he recovered and didnt seem like that whole itachi encounter phased him one bit....then proceeds to try to see kakashi's face

totally defeats the purpose of itachi showing up earlier, and it totally downplays the source of sasuke's hatred being targeted at itachi

The fact that Naruto defeated Aoi when Sasuke failed and got thrown off the cliff explains why Sasuke wants to fight Naruto. When I first found out about the filler eps I was thought it was stupid for the same reason as you, but now I think that they did a good job of taking this opportunity to more closly tie Sasuke's failure against Itachi to him wanting to fight Naruto. Sasuke simply losing to his brother gives him a good reason to be mad, but it is not unreasonable for Itachi to still be much stronger than Sasuke. Naruto being possibly stronger than Sasuke, however, is gonna make Sasuke feel like he hasnt been doing enough because he has let someone inferior surpass him, thus the need to fight Naruto and prove to himself that he hasnt been wasting his time.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-28-2004, 07:11 AM
These fillers are beyond bad, why cant we get back to the manga story now that a new arc is starting in the manga so the anime will be an arc behind the manga as usuall.

VoiD
Thu, 10-28-2004, 08:14 AM
the filler eps where the absolute worst.. fillers of any series i have ever seen. the story line sucked. the characters introduced sucked.. it completely stuffed up the sasuke angsty part.. and the worst part was when naruto hit that guy with his rasengan and instead of getting exploded he starts spinning through the air like a top i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif... !!

drcitan
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I can see Sasuke waking up in the hospital and asking how Aoi was defeated. Sakura say Naruto and let the fight begin.

Deblas
Thu, 10-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by: VoiD
the filler eps where the absolute worst.. fillers of any series i have ever seen. the story line sucked. the characters introduced sucked.. it completely stuffed up the sasuke angsty part.. and the worst part was when naruto hit that guy with his rasengan and instead of getting exploded he starts spinning through the air like a top ... !!

(sarcasm) OHH GOD!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO