PDA

View Full Version : Chrono ressurection canceled

GhostKaGe
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:05 AM
i have to say im extremly disapoited with he way Square Enix has treated ressurection games by issueing a Cease and Desist letter regarding there remake of the classic Chrono Trigger that will see the project close indefinatley having seen the trailer i have to say this is a great loss to fans of the original

Many of square's games have been remade before now with no problems and theyv'e often show the support for 3rd party and fan remakes honouring there games. I beleive that only after seeing the quality of this game did they bother to take action previous remakes have never had anything close to this kind of quality. judge for yourself viewing the trailer

VIEW TRAILER (http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/CRTrailerNormalQuality.avi)

stos289
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Wow, I wasn't even aware that they were making a "ressurection" of Chrono Trigger. It looked really good too. Oh well, as they say, easy come, easy go. For those of you who don't know, Chrono Trigger is argueably the best RPG that was made ever. If you haven't played it, I suggest you buy it as soon as you can. It's an oldie but a great game nevertheless. For those of you who don't have SNES, it is also a part of Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS1 (its only $20 or less by now). For information about "Chrono Ressurection," you should go here (http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/).

Shuurai
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:31 AM
That is a shame that remake looks kickass if i knew about this sooner i would of shown my support. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

KitKat
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:19 PM
This is truly a tragedy. I grew up on Chrono Trigger, and have many happy memories of playing it. It looked like the remake was going to be pretty awesome. With all the work they've already put into it, it's so sad to see this project being shut down.

NM
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:55 PM
I had no idea a remake of Chrono Trigger was even in the works. My main gaming information is GameFAQS and Gamespot and neither of them mentioned anything like that. That remake looked really cool though. As Stos, Shuurai, and Kitkat said, Chrono Trigger is possibly the best RPG that ever came out to SNES. The Trailer and the screenshots looked awesome, it definetly would've been one of the best remakes of a game. Oh well though, at least I can still play it on my SNES Emulator i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Aeon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 01:13 PM
I really need to get around to playing this Chrono Trigger snes rom I have. I keep hearing how great it was and still is. Guess I'll play it after I end FF3.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Crono Trigger was and still is in my opinion the best rpg

Its possible that square could be planning a sequal or a release for GBA hence the reason for the cease an desist order.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
Crono Trigger was and still is in my opinion the best rpg
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Chrono Trigger is the reason i play video games. oh, how i miss that game. GLENN!!!

Tofu #2
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:50 PM
magus made a wierd noise when he teleported away from crono....

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:54 PM
don't remember that. all i remember magus was cool as fuck. but glenn is still my favo.

Jman
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:01 PM
damn the trailer was beautiful. wish they didn't cancel the project. chrono trigger is one of if not the best rpg i played on the snes. my fav trio was chrono, magus and alya. nah screw that i liked em all.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
damn the trailer was beautiful.
yes, yes it was. doesn't it bring back memories??

Tofu #2
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
no way best trio was crono, frog, and marle. Arc Impulse......

GhostKaGe
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:17 PM
chrono magus and marle
chrono sword
magus magic
marle heal

Xollence
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Hehe I remember playing this game when I was in middle school back when super nintendo was the shit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:27 PM
NOOOO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Chrono Trigger is the best game ever made after FF6, and this really looked like it would do the original justice.

Tofu #2
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
chrono magus and marle
chrono sword
magus magic
marle heal

magus sorta blows. hes got no double techs, and the only triple tech is with a stone.gay.

PossiblE
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I never used Magus.

I had Crono Luminaire like mad, while Frog and Robo used their healing double tech.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-07-2004, 07:10 PM
cuz the luminaire is like the most powerful move. i use it like crazy too.

magus doesn't need to team up. he's good on his own.

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: The Next HokageMany of square's games have been remade before now with no problems and theyv'e often show the support for 3rd party and fan remakes honouring there games. I beleive that only after seeing the quality of this game did they bother to take action previous remakes have never had anything close to this kind of quality. judge for yourself viewing the trailer

When has Square shown support for fan remakes that allow people to play the game for free? This doesn't look like a professional release (although really well done), and if they were to have finished it, I doubt that they'd just hand it over to Square. From the Cease and Desist, it looks like they were working entirely outside of Square's request/desires.

Mookie
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
NOOOO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!! Chrono Trigger is the best game ever made after FF6, and this really looked like it would do the original justice.

Thank god!
Another person who thinks six is the greatest FF ever.
None of my friends understand my love for 6.
Or Earthbound for that matter.

But, this is about Chrono Trigger and it's awesomeness.
It was just so revoltuionary for what it did.
Mixing attacks, time travel, multiple endings, what happens to Chrono (all who've played know what I'm talikng about), the ability to kill off one of the characters yourself.

SERIOUSLY!

But yeah, Mario RPG, FF3/6, Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.
SNES kickd ass when it came to RPGs.

Mookie
Wed, 09-08-2004, 02:09 AM
http://www.chronotrigger.info/

Check there for the novel of Chrono Trigger.
It has a few demo chapters up.

Its actually pretty damn good.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard

Originally posted by: The Next HokageMany of square's games have been remade before now with no problems and theyv'e often show the support for 3rd party and fan remakes honouring there games. I beleive that only after seeing the quality of this game did they bother to take action previous remakes have never had anything close to this kind of quality. judge for yourself viewing the trailer

When has Square shown support for fan remakes that allow people to play the game for free? This doesn't look like a professional release (although really well done), and if they were to have finished it, I doubt that they'd just hand it over to Square. From the Cease and Desist, it looks like they were working entirely outside of Square's request/desires.

Ok let me rephrase that. They've never taken legal action before now despite several fan remakes of there games which i take to be a form of acceptance

Arcn3ss
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:19 AM
That trailer was so beautiful. Damn it. I would have loved more from those guys. Its very sad indeed. Whats annoying is that I doubt Square Enix has any plans to ever remake CT again. My hope is that square enix saw how awesome these guys were and decided to remake it, using the same structural basis for the CG. But maybe thats just a dream. There is so many ppl from squaresoft that are no longer there in square enix. Damn that Final Fantasy movie for losing over 130 million, and killing our beloved Squaresoft.

Stoopider
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I used to spend hours day after day at my friends house playing Chrono Trigger. Fun Times *Sniff*. Yeah, Magus kinda sucked, who was damn tough to defeat.

Did anybody managed to finish the God of War guy in the end of time?

GhostKaGe
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:39 AM
All this is making me very nostalgic i have a SNES but don't own Chrono Trigger anymore i lent it to a m8 back in the day who left it in his jacket pocket which his mother decide to put in the washing machine with the game still init. As luck would have it i had borrowed 2 of his game 1 being Zelda which he never laid eyes on again

Anyway just if your interested in getting your moneys worth out of the dreamcast collecting dust at the back of your closet dcemulation will allow you to play SNES and various other console roms on your DC
Having just found the website dcemulation (http://www.dcemulation.com) which having been totaly ripped of buying it has given new life to my dreamcast so i decided to go fish it out of the loft and have just begun happily playing Chrono Trigger "oh the good old days"

Stoopider
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Shit, I just watched the video remake. Teary eyed now. *sniff*

Those were some good times.

Frog Theme is the best, its on my handphone ringtone. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

lionheart1012000
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard

if thats the case then maybe square will think about picking the project up? especially if they get a huge response through emails, mail, phone, etc...at least thats what i think.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Frog Theme is the best, its on my handphone ringtone.

::sniff sniff:: he had the most touching story to me. i cried for him~

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by: lionheart1012000
if thats the case then maybe square will think about picking the project up? especially if they get a huge response through emails, mail, phone, etc...at least thats what i think.

We can only hope. Do you know if there is an organized petition being started regarding that?

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:14 AM
isnt that what happened to Final Fantasy X? People bitched at what happened to Tidus, so they made X-2.