PDA

View Full Version : less unlicense anime this day

hacks21
Mon, 09-06-2004, 04:51 PM
sometimes i feel theres less and less anime for fansub nowadays as a lot of them get license even before production ..........there was plenty 2 months back i think but now i think theres less for us to watchi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Eurasian
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
but really nice ppl still sub licensed stuff. i still getta watch what i want to watch.

Lefty
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
I Know how you feel. But you need to know where to look for fansubs i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif It's just a lul in the whole funsub thing.

hacks21
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:25 PM
yeah you guys are right.... i wonder if they will ban fansubbing in the future hmmi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
well, i always hear bandai hunting down fansub groups.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-06-2004, 07:55 PM
What do they do... send their power rangers after them i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

hiddenpookie
Mon, 09-06-2004, 08:46 PM
no dude db_hunter they hunt down fansubbers big time i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Eurasian
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
power rangers...those pussies. no no no...they send the coolest man in the world. ultra man!!!

Lefty
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Actually it's only the US based companies like ADV and VIZ that get really bitchy about it. Genon, bandai, and pioneer are a little more mellow about liscensed stuff. They view it as free PR for their anime. After about 6 months of a series being released in the US is when they get on the move to get it off the internet even then I havn't seen much of it.

hacks21
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:54 AM
gezz don't they know that anime get popular through fan subbing:S besides i buy anime base on the reviews by fansubbers gezzz they should use their brains more i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:39 AM
Of course, how many anime have you downloaded, watched and enjoyed that you will now never purchase because you no longer have a reason? I always intend to follow up and purchase the anime when its released in the US, but finances don't usually make that possible. In addition, once I've already seen the series, or still have it on my HD, buying it beccomes that much less of a priority.

I agree that fansubbing does provide an element of advertising, it especially did in the earlier days of anime when little was released over here, but its not necessarily worth the cost to the distributors.

hacks21
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:26 PM
thats not really true once the dvds are out i usually buy them even though i have watched themi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:19 PM
in that case, you're one of a 10000...
Fansubbing is bad for the amirican companies, and what we anime watchers are doing varies from 'going on the red line, boarding piracy, and stealing'.

no way around it, so there's no use denying..

Xollence
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:33 PM
I usually buy the anime when it comes out on dvd too. Trust me, a lot of people around here do buy the dvds even though they already watched it.

Koyuki
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Say that fansubbing didn't exist. There would've been more unlicensed anime.
For the real anime fans like us, buying anime becomes quite expensive.
I found FLCL for 30$, on dvd with 2 episodes.

On the other hand, people who don't have internet, can buy dvds.

There will always (almost) be pros and cons

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:53 PM
I'd prefer to buy stuff on DVD as I like to swap DVDs with people and its a pain in the arse to make your own if the files are dual-audio, but since they're not free then I'll only usually pay money for something REALLY good...I tend to spend more on manga and movies than I do on store-bought anime (when I do buy anime ADV UK get none of the money cos the only decent prices you can find are on ebay!)...

I will normally download an anime because it is still a small market over here...mainly because it gets NO TV time (the only non-child orientated anime I ever see is on the Sci Fi Channel - they're currently showing Fist of the North Star and Excel Saga....AT 5am!!!! They've cancelled their weekly fucking anime night, and we don't get the same Cartoon Network as Americans so they get anime and we don't) and also the DVDs are so expensive! Maybe if anime got a bit more exposure over here and people were given more of a chance to actually get interested in it in the first place, then more people'd buy the DVDs (so long as they put a bit more content on them...3/4 (sometimes only 2!) episodes on a £20 is unforgivable).

Edit - that currency sign is the British Pound sign that didn't show.

Lefty
Tue, 09-07-2004, 06:42 PM
You got a shell out like thirty, forty quid for like one dvd. Thats a load of bollocks mate. I feel sorry for my british otaku brethren. Don't worry the anime markit has to pick up soon. I remeber when finding anime in the US in stores or on tv was a real bugger. So don't sweat it.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
lol, yeah I hope so, at least shops are starting to get an "adult anime" (which kinda sounds like a hentai section when its put like that) section. Kids seem to be getting into anime more and more (the childrens channels have stuff like Yu Gi Oh (whatever its called) and Card Captor Sakura and something called Big O...and of course different types of Dragonball shows), but it seems most of us Brits still think anime is either incoherant kids shows like Pokemon, or violent tentacle rape shows.