PDA

View Full Version : Ranma 1/2

Munsu
Mon, 09-06-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm about to start downloading and watching Ranma... so i have a question on which order to watch things....

When do I watch the OVA and the Movies?

Should i watch them after certain episode.... season?

thanks for any help

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Ooooh a question for me. I was quite a Ranma addict before, still am of course, it's the anime who has done the most to me in terms of entertainment and well... everything. Without it, I wouldn't be an anime addict today. Hail to you Ranma 1/2. I still remember when I was 7 years old and I was in Spain... the hotel there had one single channel. Every day at 3 PM it showed something called Ranma. For little 7 year old Terra, this was an religious experience. The catchy intro... the awesome fun... and actually... the first time I saw boobs (even though they were animated). Very arousing for a young pre-pubertal boy I'll tell you that. Oh yes, those were the days. Anyway...

You need not worry about order in Ranma 1/2. The thing with Ranma is that almost every episode is a separate adventure, save for a few 2, 3 and even 4 parters which happen every now and then. It doesn't follow any arcs like for example Naruto does. I recommend watching all episodes first actually, to make sure you don't spoil yourself of any new characters you haven't seen before when you view OAVs/Movies. Then watch the OAVs, as they are based on stuff that happens later in the manga (even after the TV series ending). Finally watch the movies for some nonsensical fun. Hey, at least they are better than the Naruto specials...

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:26 PM
i jsuted started downloading ranma too, i have already seen the first two seasons before but that was dub now my season 3 download is almost finished can't wait this is so much better then inu yasha

thundrakkon
Mon, 09-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I agree with Terra. You should watch the TV series first, and then the movie or OVA does not matter. The movies are more stand alone, but with all the characters from the TV series. Actually, I preferred watching the movies before the OVA, since it did not seem to be set in any continuity.

The OVAs are the best, in my opinion. They have the best graphics and story line is better. However, I don't recommend watching them first since they do follow the TV series after the ending. I also wished they finished making the rest of Ranma, which I heard had an ending in the manga.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Indeed, the OAVs are bloody awesome. It's too bad they didn't do more, but it was really cool to see some of the manga-only characters in animation. The manga ending was not all too different from the anime one, though it did tie up some more loose ends. PM me if you want to know more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Mon, 09-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the replies... I remember you mentioned somewhere that Ranma was one of your favorites of all time if not your favorite so I was hoping you would reply.... thanks to all

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-07-2004, 06:47 AM
You read correctly. Glad to be of assistance i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shiena^
Tue, 09-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I'm about to start downloading and watching Ranma... so i have a question on which order to watch things....

When do I watch the OVA and the Movies?

Should i watch them after certain episode.... season?

thanks for any help

http://anime.imperialfleet.com/

no need to hug me i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

where do you download it anyway

Munsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 08:26 AM
im just searching through irc... but it's hard to find at the moment

Shiena^
Tue, 09-07-2004, 09:22 AM
http://lain.anime-fin.net:8000/
it said they have fansubbing the entire season but where is their server anyway??

Munsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 09:26 AM
they are over chatsociety.net

but i couldnt find a fserver when i searched

thundrakkon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Try here:

Linky (http://anime-xtreme.com)

PSJ
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the replies... I remember you mentioned somewhere that Ranma was one of your favorites of all time if not your favorite so I was hoping you would reply.... thanks to all

yea i noticed that when you tried to suck up with "need help from someone that knows everything" since terra thinks he's the almighty god of gotwoot i guess you wanted him to answer by writing something like that. -.- pathetic.....

the show is good tho seen to season 5 or so, buying the manga here in sweden is up to vol 10 right now. its great.

Munsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Well i dont think i was thinking of Terra when i said that... but yeah i think unconsiously i was.....

thundra thanks for the link but i cant use bt at college... and i hate anime-xtreme

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

yea i noticed that when you tried to suck up with "need help from someone that knows everything" since terra thinks he's the almighty god of gotwoot i guess you wanted him to answer by writing something like that. -.- pathetic.....

What the heck you on about mate with "someone that knows everything" he just needed someone who knows everything about Ranma. He wasn't sure it was me but when he saw me reply he remembered that it was I, it might have been chambers for all we know. And what do you mean "THINK" he's the almighty god? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:17 PM
whoo-hoo! ranma 1\2!

the first thing to watch is TV series season 1-6, then you watch movie 2, and then continue season 7 and OVAs...

movie #1 can be watched whenever you want, as long as it's after season 3... movie 2 is watched after season 7 becuase the movie has an attack that is learned at the seventh season...

however, you can drop both movies and say screw it all... it doesn't matter, even if movie 2 has a nice touch to it...

the ova's are a bit diffrenet, even though you can watch most of them at any time you want (after season 3, of course, you got to know all the charecters...), there's one exception - ova #3, which should only be watched after you've finished season 7, else you'll get totally spoilerd for the last two episodes of the anime...

oh, and read the manga, it's much better.

edit: damn, i made a mistake, i'll have to commit sepaku...

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah Death Boo is right, how could I forget about the move in movie 2...

Except one thing. The move is learned in season 7, not 6. So you should watch all of the TV series first anyway. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
just got my first episode... i already love the premise of the series and where it looks like it's heading... thanks all again especilly PSJ... he is simply awesome

Shiena^
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
btw guys what hd are you using, couple months ago i burned my hd because i never shutdown my persocom i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Na'... anime-xtreme sucks big time... im getting my encodes elsewere even if they dont improve much... but a-x is just a bad ripping group

Shiena^
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:35 AM
just read some post from internet,rumiko takahashi promised to finish ranma, after finishing inuyasha.

geez i dont think inuyasha have an end.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:00 PM
If you like Ranma already wait til you get to season 2, it's my favorite season. The opening is my all-time favorite anime song, today it might not seem like much but there are too many memories packed in it! And all the coolest characters get introduced there too. Among others my all-time favorite anime character (lots of all-timers in this bloody show!)

kAi
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
ranma was great loved it...
very funny have you laughin all the way...
read and watched manga and anime from start to finish..

do you have a link Shiena^?

PSJ
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
so terra who is your all time favorite anime character?

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by: Shiena^
just read some post from internet,rumiko takahashi promised to finish ranma, after finishing inuyasha.

geez i dont think inuyasha have an end.

That would be so awesome if they finished Ranma. Also, it would be nice to see them grow up a bit, too. I know in one of the episodes, they mentioned that it is 2 years since Ranma came, but they were all still the same age since the start. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

As for bittorrent, try Boxtorrents. They look like they have everything there.

As for me, I love Shampoo. She is just awesome in her wicked ways. It also helps that she is super strong, too.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
so terra who is your all time favorite anime character?

MOUSSE! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I even built a shrine for him 2-3 years ago. Now that's obsession for ya!

Edit: LOL as I wrote this I mysteriously remembered the URL to the shrine... http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/neokiske/ if anyone wants to check it out... it's OOOOLD and extremely fanboy-ish, but check it out if you are bored or something. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Not that it's in any way relevant, but he has the same voice actor as Iruka. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
ok i wont post more in this thread since this will probably become a spoiler discussion thread...

So thanks for everyone who helped... and i just saw episode 2 and loved it also... I think this will become one of my all-time favorite since i like what's happening and I usually like long-run anime....

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
What's wrong with spoiler discussion as soon as it's up to date to where you are? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Well if you leave it at that then it's ok... So now you guys can discuss episode 2 lol

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks mate well episode 2 was funny ehh... ... introducing Kuno and stuff. He's cool. Dig him a lot.

Munsu
Wed, 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah it was fun... Ranma is awesome though how he had time to write stuff in his forehead...

But the best part was the fiance just destroying every single male in school... the fight scene was awesome

Noonan
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:21 PM
torrent for complete manga series as a rar archive

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2398/Ranma_Complete-rar.torrent

Eurasian
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Not that it's in any way relevant, but he has the same voice actor as Iruka.
i'm never gonna look at iruka the same way...

i like shampoo. she's 100x cuter than akane.

Elite Hentai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah anime X-treme sux I know, but they are the only group I know that subbed Ranma. I really hate that logo they show every now and then in the show. Right now I'm at season 5 episode 19. It seems to me like this anime lasts forever. But that's a good thing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Season 5 had a good opening. ^_^

Elite Hentai
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Actually I hate all of the Ranma intro's and outro's. But that is just my opinion. Btw I still like to sing along with the karaoke....
so... ph34r me!!! You don't want to hear me!!!!

Munsu
Sun, 09-12-2004, 06:30 PM
One other question... what should i watch first when the time comes... movie 1 or 2? i ask because according to anidb movie 2 is a prequel of movie 1

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-12-2004, 07:11 PM
wtf? Prequel? Anidb?

None of the movies have anything with the other to do, and not with the real storyline either for that matter.

codeRed
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Well OVA 1 had one reference to movie 2, so I guess you should watch movie 1 then 2, and then the OVAs. I won't say what it is since it is obviously a spoiler.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:25 AM
spoiler alert

Codered

OVA 1? wasn't that the ova with the smiley thing which makes people act the ooposite of how they usually do? what connection did it have to do with the movie?
i think you've confused yourself, OVA 2 had a picture from movie 2, but that's all.

codeRed
Tue, 09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
You are right. Sorry about that it is OAV2. It's been awhile since I've watched all of Ranma. I don't have the episodes anymore so I was trying recall from what I remembered. I guess that made me confused myself.

bitwar
Wed, 09-15-2004, 02:25 AM
I think the prequel comment came from the fact that you'd have seen all the characters in the second movie earlier in the series than all the characters in the big chase at the beginning of the first. I think the principal's the only late-comer that would cause that though... But yeah, there's really not much to the order of the movies, except release dates and the animation quality (2 defiantely looks newer).

Spoiler about the manga below, for those who have not read it all

About Takahashi finishing Ranma... Didn't she already finish it? Granted it left you hanging as to exactly how and when they'd get all their relations sorted out with the other characters and they never got changed back to normal, but I think more would be kinda redundant. I mean, he has both his parents again, and he's becoming less of a knuckle head about Akane (not that I ever want to see him become completely non-knuckle headed, you'd lose all the comedy). I don't really think the manga could be continued and not just be overly redundant. Now if you're talking about them finishing the anime up to the end of the manga, then that'd be GREAT! I want to see the last two volumes of the manga as a movie.

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:46 PM
WTF.... they made a big mistake....

In one episode of the first season Akane was mad at Ranma for some reason... and she was thinking about some of the things that had happened in the past... and one of the flashbacks showed Ranma protecting Akane saying that she was his fiancee...

And I just saw an episode of the second season (the Martial Arts Skating Competition) and that flashback where Ranma shouts that Akane is his fiancee is indeed in this episode....

So... WTF

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:13 PM
LOL. I remember that. It shocked me the first time I saw it, the second, and the third (Many years apart between watching).

I am trying to remember the reason. I think it had to do with the fact that each season was determined to have so many episodes. They made one season, and then they had the green light to make more. At that point, they rearranged parts of later episodes in the first season and parts of the beginning of the second season around. It was a matter of scheduling, but also shows you the fact that Ranma is not entirely linear, and some episodes are entirely separate from the other. It is more like a sitcom. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif