PDA

View Full Version : anbu / aone

Mon, 09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
sorry if this is discussed, quick question

i know that anbu and aone will not be together anymore, but i want to know if

Animeone + ANBU joined release is actually better than both their separate versions?

just out of curiousity... don't want to give further reasons why I want to know because i'll get smacked harder

lock this when appropriate

NL|MegaMika
Mon, 09-06-2004, 02:19 PM
I think AonE does a better job than ANBU, even better than the ANBU&AonE's.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Mon, 09-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Well if your going to watch and episode and look for every single detail and such and findout what they did wrong and who did what right, then you can see a noticable differance, but otherwise, if you just watch the episdoe like normal, things that you may catch arent notice able and makes all the anime quality look alike....

They both do killer jobs and they will prolly continue to do so.

Mon, 09-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: -ANBU-Sasuke-
Well if your going to watch and episode and look for every single detail and such and findout what they did wrong and who did what right, then you can see a noticable differance, but otherwise, if you just watch the episdoe like normal, things that you may catch arent notice able and makes all the anime quality look alike....

They both do killer jobs and they will prolly continue to do so.

good point. i've only watched up to 94 and i just realized i would know the answer by continue watching.

HotSauce
Mon, 09-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I watch ANBU because I think it sounds better. Though, everyone says that AonE is better. I guess it just is a factor of you trying both and deciding whats better for you!

Nai
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I actually prefer AonE infront of AonE+Anbu. But I do guess it all comes down to the taste, at least with the subs.

Kumiriko
Mon, 09-06-2004, 11:34 PM
The Speed factor also helps in the choose.

kAi
Tue, 09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
im not really fussed about anbu or aone...i usually get which one comes out quicker...and if i find something wrong with that one ill get the other..
there both very good...

xiaoxue
Tue, 09-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
The Speed factor also helps in the choose.

i kinda of disagree on the speed factor.. u can be fast.. but the sub can be full of errors and weird translation.. quality might dropped etc..

hmmmm i still believe.. u need to be patient when u wann good stuff..

Assertn
Tue, 09-07-2004, 12:21 PM
he says it "helps" in the choose(sp), not "its the deciding factor"
yes speed does play a role, because if the biggest difference between 2 releases is that you get to see one 3 days before the other, then i would say that is an important factor. If a group can release an episode in less time and STILL have practically the same quality, then I would certainly take that into account

afterall, do you see any TW fans waiting for THEIR releases of naruto before watching?

frexeze
Tue, 09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
anbu's sub was pretty good, actually.. just didnt care for their translations as much as aone's

edit: not that anbu has bad translations, they seem on a pretty typical level as some of the other anime's i've seen. aone's subs just make more sense to me and flow a lot easier instead of leaving certain phrases up for interpretation to the viewer

Natural Cause
Tue, 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
i still don;t like anbu translating into swearwords... it puts me off. and they really hate naruto anyway, i recon they only sub it for the reason of been known. they are attmpting to speed sub it with quality now but i think they wanna get it out first so more people will download it.

aone sounds better too and i like how they translate the signs or techniques or if theres a japanese phrase they translate the meaning.

i always download AH first anyway watch that then archive the aone.

Nai
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
i still don;t like anbu translating into swearwords... it puts me off.
I agree very much on this point. Now, I don't have anything against cussing, I practice it quite often myself. However, some of the scenes in which ANBU used it in just made it laughable. Something which is obviously not good.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Tue, 09-07-2004, 04:39 PM
It's not really is it better it's what you like more

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:44 PM
I don't really know which one I like better since I don't watch AonEi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. I'm just used to using the IRC anbudom channel, I know all the bots and all the commands so I tend to stay there.