PDA

View Full Version : supernatural sub plots ruin perfectly good anime

GhostKaGe
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:40 AM
in my opinion many perfectly good anime ar ruined by dodgy supernatural sub plots.

A good example of this is Peace Maker Kurogane what had the potential to be a decent historical show turned into nothing more than just another mystical da ja vu.
Wile still an ok anime the supernatural garbage takes away from an anime with so much to offer in terms of its potential that it can only be described as criminal

I have nothing against shows of a mystiacal nature they have there place but they should also know there place. Many of these <u>sub plots</u> are simply added because the shows creators are running out of ideas and serve no purpose but to fill unused space that can often be better used developing the main plot and characters

ok enough of my ranting on about it im sure you have your own oppinion

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:26 AM
I agree with you. Gungrave is also a victim of this, first an excellent mafia story and towards the end an orgy in "WTF"!

PSJ
Sun, 09-05-2004, 07:31 AM
i agree with the gungrave part but not so much with the PMK part. in my opinion PMK barely got a plot to begin with.

GhostKaGe
Sun, 09-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
i agree with the gungrave part but not so much with the PMK part. in my opinion PMK barely got a plot to begin with.

ye but with more time spent better developing the relastionship between suzu and tetsu the main plot may have made more sense.

As for Gungrave talk about complete mutilation of an exellent script

ps: some nice sigs you got in your deviation what tools you use

PSJ
Sun, 09-05-2004, 11:26 AM
yea i agree with you on that.

off topic: thanks man, i just use the basic stuff, a little layer effects and stuff. its nothing fancy really just some creativity i guess.

avmoghe
Mon, 09-06-2004, 02:47 AM
I almost started crying when Gungrave turned into the "superiors" and "beyond the grave" crap. That could have easily become one of my all time favorites.

PMK, in my opinion, was already ruined by the fact that it didn't really have much of a story.

Cowboy Bebop had the supernatural "pudding" attacking people episode... but that was only one episode, and I would'nt call cowboy bebop a "good" show in the first place either.

Berserk - I would've much preferred if berserk remained a simple down to earth medival fighting anime. (yes I realize how dumb that sounds since the manga has volumes upon volumes of supernatural stuff.. Its just that the anime made it seem like it could've been a non-supernatural series) I wouldn't call this series ruined though.. its one of my all time favorites.

UC Gundam - (Zeta, Victory, CCA) Some might argue with me and say that the newtype miracles are purely science fiction (since newtypes are supposed to be the next step in human evolution), but I'll put this here anyways. Seeing ghost powered mobile suits, or people communicating with ghosts, or people moving large asteriod sized objects, etc.. hurt the series. There were plenty of other problems with these series/movie, and having these newtype incidents certainly didn't help.

Evangelion - I dont think I need to say anything here. It might actually have been a decent story with mechs fighing angels... but... well.. you guys know what happened to it.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 09-06-2004, 07:57 AM
PMK was crap from the begining to the end,you waited it tom come around but nothing happen...

Gungrave was beyond awsome in the begining with the maffia story and after that the show became lame.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-07-2004, 05:23 PM
PMK had problems becuse he was based on two manga
Shinsengumi peace maker imon, and Peace maker kuragone.
the first one described all that happened until the iykidaya house incident, and the second was all which happened later.
the supernatrual stuff belong after, and the guy pulling the strings was supposed to be suzu, but in the anime, they replaced the crazy mad suzu with some fag, resulting in a faggy plot.

DraGunZer0
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by: avmoghe
Evangelion - I dont think I need to say anything here. It might actually have been a decent story with mechs fighing angels... but... well.. you guys know what happened to it.

I don't think Evangelion was made for mecha fans. It was more of a religion bashing trying to get a message across... well thats the theory I came up with after reading about the creator (He's somewhat insane)