PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean!

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 06:15 AM
Am I the only one who's gonna buy Star Ocean 3? I pre-ordered it today i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mythic
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Omigod I can't wait for this. Need my next paycheck out before I go pre-ordering anything i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Wooot Star Ocean fans unite! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Aeon
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:24 AM
It's out here in the States but I only have enough money for 1game and since I only have 1crap box game and I've had the system over a yr and half, I'm gonna use the money on Fable and wait till I start my job to get SO3.

hopeknight
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Dang it, it's sold out at my local game store. I guess I'll have to wait awhile longer before I can play it.

ragnarokex
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:11 PM
ROFL i have it already and im luving it so great

PossiblE
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm consdering buying this game but I need to know if it's worth the money. I was quite dissapointed in FFX-2

Souryusen
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Eh.. I promised my brother he could pick this one up, since he beat SO2 to death. He's $200+ in debt and ain't gonna be outta debt for a few weeks yet. I suppose I could rent it. That or play through Tales of Symphonia again.

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: PossiblE
I'm consdering buying this game but I need to know if it's worth the money. I was quite dissapointed in FFX-2

I fail to see why you being disappointed in that mediocre pseudo-sequel affects the greatness of SO3. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:30 PM
well im broke for the next 2 weeks, so ima wait for my good freind to beat it then borrow it from him, but in the mean time im playing xenogears to kill time

PossiblE
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:21 PM
I fail to see why you being disappointed in that mediocre pseudo-sequel affects the greatness of SO3
Well then, I assume that means it's pretty damn good. How are the battle sequences though? I'm not too fond of RPG's where you have to move your characters around in battle.

Kakafosha
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:37 PM
i've never played starocean before but i heard its good. i guess its time for me to try it because i havent gotten a console game in a very long time.

Knives122
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:39 PM
I heard this game was good, but I dont know anymore b/c of all the X box games coming out like Fable for instance, and I need to save my money

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:42 PM

I fail to see why you being disappointed in that mediocre pseudo-sequel affects the greatness of SO3
Well then, I assume that means it's pretty damn good. How are the battle sequences though? I'm not too fond of RPG's where you have to move your characters around in battle.

I hear the battle sequences is the cream of the cake, Tri-Ace is famous for having very fun fights... as addictive as the games themselves. According to reviews, the battle system of SO3 is the best they have done so far. So I'm very enthusiastic about this title. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PossiblE
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I read a review saying that somewhere. I thought you had had the game, which is why I asked.
If you pre-ordered it, why don't you have it yet? Not in the U.S. or Can?

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm in Sweden and I'm importing it. It will be here friday if I'm lucky.

ragnarokex
Sun, 09-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto
well im broke for the next 2 weeks, so ima wait for my good freind to beat it then borrow it from him, but in the mean time im playing xenogears to kill time

seriously u know how long this game is its 2 disk think about it

PossiblE
Sun, 09-05-2004, 12:57 AM
It doesn't really matter how long a game is, any game can be beat in a week. It all depends on how long you play the game.
I'm practically ashamed to say this but uh, I borrowed Legend of Dragoon from a friend a while back, I had 50 or so hours on it in three days, and I was close to finishing it up.

hopeknight
Sun, 09-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Okay, I got the game today, and have already put 6 hours in. I'm loving this game. It's too bad I won't have alot of time to play it when school starts for me next week.

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Man can't wait for sure now, I haven't heard a single bad word about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mythic
Sun, 09-05-2004, 10:30 AM
I've read a few reviews of it, most are good. Some say the battles are a little lacking, and that the story line isnt all that great. Also things like the 30 minute cut scenes are a bit much and one of the mini games for item creation is retardedly difficult, but it's the only way to get the best EQ. But hey, I'll still play them game, and will still enjoy it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 03:58 PM
People who think the battles are lacking are mostly text-battle purists.
The story is pretty linear but so are most RPG stories compared to Xenogears.
30 minute cut scenes is a basic Tri-Ace ingredient and very short compared to Xenosaga, and nobody complains about that.

There, purified! ^_^

PossiblE
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Man, I don't if I want to watch Xenosaga style cut scenes. Whenever a cut scene came on in that game, I would put down the controller and just lay on the couch. It was far too long.

Lefty
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:24 PM
What the longest one was like ten- fifteen minutes. But i have to say the animation and CG was kick ass. SO3 is pretty good. The real time battle stuff and hte ability to wounder the battle feild is a little taxing at first but once you get used to it everything is cool.

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Sounds promising Lefty.

About Xenogears/saga, those games were all about cutscenes and story. They are more like interactive movies than they are RPGs, if you ask me. Not a bad thing at all though! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lefty
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Thats the best explination of those games i have heard. You right. I felt like playing part int a movie than playing a game but that made for better interactivity between the game and the player. You became more involved in the game. SO3 is like that.

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:58 PM
5 more days then my life will be consumed by this game i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PossiblE
Sun, 09-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I'll probably go buy it on Tuesday.

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Damn it arrived today! I can't wait to try it! I just have to do some freakin' homework first -_- and I begin early tomorrow i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif and have a veeery long day! Just my luck mates hehe. Ah well this weekend is gonna be ballistic i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ragnarokex
Tue, 09-07-2004, 10:29 PM
i abolutley love this game u reccoem u buy this great story grafics and charaters

anyone got this yet? if so lets talk about it im me at keoicorparation using aim and msn

Mookie
Wed, 09-08-2004, 02:19 AM
I lost a good few months to SO2.

Did anyone watch the anime that came out of SO?
I thought it was alright.

Man...
I don't have the money for it anytime soon!!!!
I WILL rent it though!
I must!
If it is better than SO2, than I'm doomed!

YAY!!!

Arcn3ss
Wed, 09-08-2004, 07:11 AM
I love Star Ocean 3. As both Assertn and Kitkat tell me in Gotwoot IRC , Iam totally an addict. I have to start school soon, but I will stop doing my homework to play this game. Iam ready to do shitty in school just for star Ocean 3. Now thats an addiction. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Souryusen
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Just picked it up the other day.. haven't had time to play it. Probably get to it tonight after I finish my patho work.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Okay I finally got the time to play it and I'll play some more hours tonight goddamnit the game is AWESOME. I love the battle trophy system and the fights. Bloody hell. It's as addictive as SO2. And SO2 had me losing sleep big time!

lionheart1012000
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
lmao, your not the only one losing sleep due to this game terra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, i swear its just too damn addicting.

ragnarokex
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:51 PM
same here i cant get my hands off of it hahahaha

anyways how far r u in the games guysi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:44 AM
That's hard to describe since it will be spoilers for whoever hasn't gotten that far yet but if one puts up spoiler warnings...

*SPOILER*

I'm with Cliff in that place where you need to rescue Nel. Just got the key from the kitchen girl. My guys are level 12 and I have 20 battle trophies i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hopeknight
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Well, I won't spoil any plot. I'm quite a bit further than Terra, most of my characters are in the lvl 30's now.

Oh, and for some reason, I still don't have a battle trophie yet. I should work on that....

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:10 PM
hopeknight, you must be playing on Earth mode. If you do that you can't get any trophies. You would have gotten at least 20 without even knowing why by now otherwise.

hopeknight
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
hopeknight, you must be playing on Earth mode. If you do that you can't get any trophies. You would have gotten at least 20 without even knowing why by now otherwise.

Okay, I checked into it. I'm not on easy mode. I just messed up somewhere during the VR Game at the beginning where you activate the Battle Trophy mode. Oh well, I'll go collecting the trophies next time, the only reason I really want them is to unlock the alternate costumes for battle mode anyway.

Eurasian
Thu, 09-09-2004, 08:31 PM
so my very considerate brother got the star ocean game for me. and i seriously don't follow this stuff. i depend on him. and i'm like "it's not 3!" then he told me they aren't gonna use #s. HAHAHAHA...i'm stupid. well anyways...it's my first game in a long while. the last rpg is ffx. i didn't read anything above cuz i don't want spoilers. i'm really excited though.

ragnarokex
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by: hopeknight

Okay, I checked into it. I'm not on easy mode. I just messed up somewhere during the VR Game at the beginning where you activate the Battle Trophy mode. Oh well, I'll go collecting the trophies next time, the only reason I really want them is to unlock the alternate costumes for battle mode anyway.

dude u can fix that i did the same thing all u need to do is start new game ski[ events then go to game room actiavte it and make the save folder for the folders and there u can get trphies again

and im waaaaay afuther then both of u
spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
im off on the moonbase and im at lvl 4-50 and killer weapons muahhahaha pwnes

hopeknight
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks ragnarokex, I got the battle trophies working, took me about ten minutes to stack up a good 20 to 30 of them. I'm looking forward to unlocking the alternate costumes.

ragnarokex
Fri, 09-10-2004, 01:42 AM
uhhh to do that u have to collect ex trading cards which comes alot later in the game when u get the $%^$%^$ ring and nope prlem i do wat i can to help fellow gammers i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shi_No_Shikaku
Fri, 09-10-2004, 02:11 AM
http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040906l.jpg

No I like this game it's awesome and no one killed it like POS 3

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:47 AM
;_;

Right now I'm in a very horrible mood because I live in Europe and imported the NTSC version of this game because I couldn't wait, my PS2 is modded and it has been working fine almost all the time. Early in the game it froze a lot, when entering battles, when loading... etc. Then it ceased. Now it's started again, more than ever, there's a cave in the game with lots of dragons and I can barely enter it without the game freezing on me. I have tried cleaning the disc and this is the only game I have in which this happens. I have other imported games too. Sure some of my games have frozen from time to time but this much, never. Does anyone have the slightest idea what is wrong?! I have been waiting for this game in 3 years and I can't believe I have this bad damn luck!

ragnarokex
Fri, 09-10-2004, 05:58 PM
y dont u get it moded u lazy bum it takes less then 20 mins to install it or somthing like that man
anyways i got 3 ps2 one japanese 1 enlish and 1 english but moded

PossiblE
Fri, 09-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Heh, I just got this game, I'm not very far but it has been a pretty good game. That Penny Arcade comic is so true, whoever you don't control just gets owned.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by: ragnarokex
y dont u get it moded u lazy bum

If it wasn't modded, I wouldn't be able to play an imported SO3 in the first place; moron. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

For some reason the game works perfectly now. Maybe the last cleaning did the trick...

PossiblE
Fri, 09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Speaking of errors in this game, I had a small one.

*semi-small spoilers*

Right when you first get your sword back after waking up, I went to hit triangle, thinking I had to equip the sword. As I hit triangle, my screen went black and stayed that way for a good 5 minutes, eventually I got to the menu screen though. Luckily I had patience and waited instead of resetting the game.

Souryusen
Fri, 09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm about 10hrs in now.

Nel dies a lot.

A lot.

ragnarokex
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Speaking of errors in this game, I had a small one.

*semi-small spoilers*

Right when you first get your sword back after waking up, I went to hit triangle, thinking I had to equip the sword. As I hit triangle, my screen went black and stayed that way for a good 5 minutes, eventually I got to the menu screen though. Luckily I had patience and waited instead of resetting the game.

how is this a spoiler u nub its at the begging of the game and yes terramaybe u just needed to clean it
anyways getting back on track not spoiler and wtf ur game frozzed at the begging onace u got it that must mean that game dont like yai/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ragnarokex
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: Shi_No_Shikaku
http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040906l.jpg

No I like this game it's awesome and no one killed it like POS 3

and no they dont get pwned if u set them up right my members own all oposition even bossses dont mess with them seriously its just how u set up things try setting their skills better and upgrading thier skill points like add them more attack and health but not** never let ur attacks def be greater then their attack and for attack make them go all out attack dont let use attack in a well manner or wat ever its called cuz if u do one of these thigns they will be hideing in the corn with their tales between there legs hahai/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ragnarokex
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:39 PM
and a lil trick if u want them to leave the area swtich to them and move them away and put them on manual and switch back and start beatin on them hehe

PossiblE
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:09 AM
You know, you could do all that in one post... there is no need to do 3 posts in a row.

how is this a spoiler u nub its at the begging of the game and yes terramaybe u just needed to clean it
As for this, that's why I wrote *semi-small spoiler*, it gives away a small part of the game. It's also better to do that than have someone complain later on for having something ruined because of it.

Souryusen
Sat, 09-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Ragnarokex... triple post?

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Ragnarokex, don't do that again. Ever.

I started controlling Nel myself after she died for the 18th time. It works wonders + you get trophies during boss battles for taking no damage if you keep the distance and heal your fighters. ^_^

SpoilERZ:

Albel OWNS.

Souryusen
Sat, 09-11-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm not having Nel problems anymore. I'm at around lev 22 or so... and.... Cliff owns. I don't even think I need Fayt and Nel. He absolutely totals entire enemy parties by himself.

ragnarokex
Sat, 09-11-2004, 06:59 PM
hehe srry i just kept on thinking of stupit right after another srry man i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
OMG this game just got 2491 times easier. What did I do? I created an "orihalcon" in the item creation mode, upgraded it, and fused it with Fayt's current sword. An orihalcon gives you +500 (yes, 500!) damage. I upgraded it 5 times. Do the maths (2500 + broad sword's initial 200). Fayt does 2700 damage!! The rest of my party does around 300. I killed the boss I just met with 2 Aerial. It's insane I tell you!

PossiblE
Sun, 09-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Is item creation random or what?
If not, how did you make that?

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-12-2004, 06:53 PM
PossiblE,
I will give you a little guide on how to do it, it will contain minor spoilers but only as for location names so it's nothing big.
However WARNING! If you do this, the game will be considerably easier. Many people would prefer it that way, but I think as so that I deserve this boost in strength that I got upon myself; even though it makes everything extremely easy. That being said, let's go: (again, minor spoilers for people who haven't gotten too far)
ALSO, this guide assumes that you know the basics of item creation. If not, go over to http://www.gamefaqs.com and read the Item Invention FAQ.

You will about 20 hours into the game enter a place called Barr Mountains. Here, there will be a female inventor named Misty Lear. Ignore her for now. Later on at this place you'll find a chest inside the Barr Ruins with a Soul Stone inside. Give this to Misty Lear and she'll join you as your inventor, she has an alchemy level of 50 and thus is vastly superior to all your own characters in that attribute. Station her somewhere where you have Alchemy installed. Next, head to the Mosel dunes (that's before this place) and you'll find a chest somewhere there with a Alchemist's Stone. Having that in your inventory will boost your Alchemy with an additional 20. Now get to work.

On the line on which you want to create an orihalcon, put Misty, Nel & Maria. This will you give a combined alchemy rate of 93. With the Alchemist's Stone, that's 113. You need at least 98 to create an orihalcon. Now choose original invention over and over until the cost gives you something around 5500. (might be 5300, might be 5700) then start inventing. If you can't do it on the first turn, quit and load. The chance to success lowers for every time the "Time" bar hits the end and the characters give an expression. If successful, you'll know how an orihalcon. Note that it gives +500 atk & +50% chance of Guts (resurrection upon death) when you fuse it with something. Patent it so you can buy them later too if you need more. And save. Now again throw up Misty, Nel & Maria and choose 'Specify Plan'. Pick the Orihalcon. If successful, this will enhance the orihalcon with an additional +500 atk. If successful, save. If not, load. Do this until it works no more, you run out of alchemy materials or have about 100.000 Fol left.

Now save of course. (Personally I got 5 upgrades before I reached 100.000) Now unequip the weapon you want to turn into a killing machine. Head over to the workshop and pick Synthesize (sp?). Make sure only playable characters are on the line because the inventors can't do this. It doesn't matter who you put there, synth is always successful. Now pick the weapon, then the orihalcon and enjoy. It will merge with the orihalcon one level at the time for about 10.000 fol, so if you got the orihalcon to level 8 the total cost will be 80.000 for a weapon which you want to merge with a +4000 dmg Orihalcon.

*END OF MINOR SPOILERS*

Hope you got all that. ^_^

Now for another SPOILER, dialogue I found funny:

Albel: I told you this was the wrong way, you fool.
Nel: I don't recall you saying that.
Albel: Me neither.

ROFL

PossiblE
Sun, 09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Well, I'm not that far yet, but I will be by at least tomorrow or the day after.

Speaking of this games dialogue, is anyone else greatly annoyed by the voice acting? I can't stand most of it in this game.

ragnarokex
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:25 AM
terra most pplz know about it and its not gonna make it easier not later in the game that is it makes it easier for now but later u WILL need to syst and seriously man its not a big sexrect not to most that played the japanese one like me hehe there is also alother thing u know know about its called mythrill and its goes for aromor great stuff total def i say..i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-13-2004, 03:09 AM
I figure it wasn't a secret seeing as I how am relatively new to the game found it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Right now it makes stuff damn easy though.

@PossiblE: Actually I don't mind the voice acting, I think it's pretty good... I just dislike the voice of some NPCs, like the purple-haired Nel subordinate.

Lefty
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:09 AM
Yeah she's pretty fucking annoying at times. It's funny how big time US anime voice actors are doing more and more games now a days or it just me not paying attention till now.

Masamune
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:02 AM
i got this as soon as i heard of it too.

i luv SO

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
I just got to disc 2! ^_^ Unlike disc 1, this one doesn't crash one bit. So far. Which proves my hopefully correct point that it was disc 1 that was fucking up, not my PS2. Now let's just hope disc 2 doesn't get raped... I'll get all sad again if so i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Edit: Well I've soon beaten Star Ocean 3 so at the same time I got started on Star Ocean 1...

anyone played SO1? And what are your thoughts on SO2 btw... since I turned this into a Star Ocean thread.

Souryusen
Sat, 09-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Holy hell. Maria is god.

I killed Crossel(sp) in under 10 seconds and took no damage. Both times. Scatter beam can be chained almost indefinitely... I had it at level 10 within 4 hours of getting Maria. This is making the game so easy I think I should probably take her out of the party. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

PossiblE
Sun, 09-19-2004, 12:11 AM
*small spoilers*

ARGHHH! I hate Barr Ruins, I can't play the damn flute how I want it. This is even more frustrating then figuring out I needed those hammers to destroy the walls in the sealed place (I forget the name). At least this is levelling Albel up since he is so behind.

Kakafosha
Sun, 09-19-2004, 01:48 AM
i bought this game last weekened. its the first star ocean game i've bought and the first ps2 game i've bought this whole year. when i played the beggining i was kinda mad cuz it seemed boring and i was starting to regret ever buying this game. now after lots of hours of play (and still on the first disc ^^) I LOVE THIS GAME. freaking amazing...

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-19-2004, 06:54 AM
@Souryusen: If you want to see cheap try using Nel with Flying Guillotine and chain that. It's sick.
I also beat Crossell under 10 sec with no damage but I was just using Fayt with a 3000 damage sword i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

@PossiblE: Yes that dungeon is annoying you need to learn what the difference between a hard and a light button press really is. Harder than it sounds!

Souryusen
Sun, 09-19-2004, 10:09 AM
@Possible: Pos, for soft melodies just let your thumb rest on the button, for the hard melodies actually push the button. The only one that's hard to get off is the melody for "playful dragon" where you hafta hold the button softly for a few seconds.

ragnarokex
Sun, 09-19-2004, 12:54 PM
i like farleens voice its sqeaky like my gfs hehehe i didnt say that haahahah

anyways its retards that u cant syst with armor only with weapons super retardsi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hopeknight
Sun, 09-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Just finished the game last night. Now I can start on the optional dungeons and such. Anyone else finished yet?

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-20-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm still at the end of disc 2, haven't had time for SO3 lately... what's with occupied gaming room and shit i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Masamune
Mon, 09-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Anyone noticed the names of the musical pieces mentioned at claire's base.
They're all from the anime xD

lionheart1012000
Mon, 09-20-2004, 08:49 PM
damned bastards, your all so far ahead of me. im STILL in the friggin part where you have to go tame that huge ass dragon. im so behind ;_;

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Speaking of having gotten far, I'm at the last boss.
God is that fucker cheap. I tried 3 times and gave up. And I was so determined on beating the game tonight. :/
Ah well will have to wait for tomorrow or something.

PossiblE
Tue, 09-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Bleh, I just got to planet Styx... I need Albel, this is too hard with Nel.

hopeknight
Tue, 09-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Speaking of having gotten far, I'm at the last boss.
God is that fucker cheap. I tried 3 times and gave up. And I was so determined on beating the game tonight. :/
Ah well will have to wait for tomorrow or something.

I beat the last boss on my second try, he was using his ultimate attack repeatedly the first time, but he didn't even get to use it once the second time I fought him. I'm going to have to go back and fight him a few more times later on to get a few more trophies from him.

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Nel is awesome, I recently threw Sophia out and replaced her with Nel.
Nel heals, and heals well. Takes care of Sophia's healing necessity.

And Nel has Flying Guillotine. That move is almost too good at higher levels.

@hopeknight: Yeah I'm thinking I should try killing him faster before he wreaks havoc with that move, last time I tried he did it so many times on a row that I couldn't even touch him. Damn that stereotypical bishounen last boss!

Edit: Been playing some more Star Ocean 1. If there's anything SO1 has, it's great music. It easily takes the place as the best Star Ocean score with the battle theme alone. Did you hear the battle theme of SO1? It is amazing. I have an arranged version of it which is gorgeous! I wish my damn host worked so I could upload it... :/

Edit2: Nevermind that I actually found my login info, here it is, the arranged version of the SO1 battle theme: http://valethcosmo.free.fr/SO1BATTLE.mp3

Enjoy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Only the first 2:30 is the battle theme itself though, after that it goes into a medley of various other battle themes in the game. It's worth the listen all the way through though if you like VG music.

KaneInferno
Wed, 09-22-2004, 08:37 PM
ive never played the star ocean games. are they good?

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Awesome.

Edit: I FINALLY BEAT SO3! EAT THAT DAMN LAST BOSS! I'm working on the secret dungeons now, got one down. The smallest one, easiest way to put it without spoiling. Finally got all characters for the VS mode too.

anime050
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Is Star Ocean 3 really that great? I was thinking of buying Xenogears off ebay or something instead of getting that. I just dont wanna be thinking "Damn, I should have got sexy Xenogears instead". ^_^

animefreak
Fri, 09-24-2004, 10:35 AM
yea is a great game....although i hate the hauler part.

Kakafosha
Fri, 09-24-2004, 04:55 PM
im stuck on the first cd where you need to use the dragon flute to open doors. right now im activating the floor panels and the last one i need is on the top crosshair, bottom panel. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i dont get the doors that have different faces glowing in and out. do you press the button, then wait for it to stop and then do the next on or all the combination right after another? im so confused...

PossiblE
Fri, 09-24-2004, 05:02 PM
You do them all right after another, if you don't get them all right on the first try, the faces reset. That dungeon definately was annoying, but I am pretty sure that there was no panels behind the switching faces.

chambers
Fri, 09-24-2004, 06:05 PM
comes out here in two weeks. its the first star ocean game to come out over here, so naturally i expect big things from it, not many RPGs have taken me latley thelast one i finished was KOTOR, scince then ive tried and discared a number the best being ToS on the GC, i got stuck on a part where you have two fights in a row........then bought burnout 3 and havent looked back scince.

PossiblE
Fri, 09-24-2004, 07:22 PM
The first three hours of SO3 are pretty dull, but after that it really picks up.

ragnarokex
Sat, 09-25-2004, 01:30 AM
lol it took u that long to beat luther ROFL i beat him in one try and the smallest bous dungeon is acc about anytimy u reach auios and

terra ur not done yet theres tons of more endings try them all out! and rember 211 is annoyinh like hell and it cost to much to make uites

and new info i forgot to add forgot orlicum use boots of prowness u make it its at att/def+5% but then when u refine it its turns into 30%+ FREAKTY and sys them to weapons its bway better then orlcum its add every thing buyt inte and it gives +30 attack and def go make it wana know ask me!

anime050
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Rofl... I'm like 3 hours in. You should have seen it. Omg... It took me like 10mins to firgure out how to climb the damn ladder. I got down the ladder, but I didnt know how I did it. But when it was time for me to climb back up I was there smashing buttons LoL.

ragnarokex
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:48 AM
LOL same here it took me 10 mins to figure how to get down
and getting back up was a differant story....

on a side note wats wrong witht the emtion i can get them to work

ragnarokex
Sun, 09-26-2004, 06:04 PM
how wanna know how to make to make the best weapon they can get be4 beat the game not the 2 best wepsons ic wepons no boyd needed!

Kakafosha
Sun, 09-26-2004, 06:10 PM
You do them all right after another, if you don't get them all right on the first try, the faces reset. That dungeon definately was annoying, but I am pretty sure that there was no panels behind the switching faces.

alright, i guess i'll just run around for a while avoided stupid dragons.

EDIT: robin wind is fast little bastard.

ragnarokex
Sun, 09-26-2004, 08:24 PM
that is pretty easy just that the multi ones were hard kept fight those stupit dragons man it wass annoying but anyways the treasure was good and a lvled up at least onacei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PossiblE
Sun, 10-10-2004, 03:34 PM
and new info i forgot to add forgot orlicum use boots of prowness u make it its at att/def+5% but then when u refine it its turns into 30%+ FREAKTY and sys them to weapons its bway better then orlcum its add every thing buyt inte and it gives +30 attack and def go make it wana know ask me!
I need some help making these, how do I recruit Chilico?

ragnarokex
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:01 PM
to get Chilico just go to suilfurieo near the end of the game where u go to the....@!$@#$!#$

and ways head over to suilferio and go into the shop by the store can give me a ton of money or so u think

anways head a shop where u crasft put her in sofia and staric

make sure u got the breast staute where it rasie ur crafting +20

2200-2100 ish make save be4 u do it its quite hARD!

o and here is my gift to all of u guys

http://www.crashedweb.com/so3/

this right here is a like a creation charter check it out

also to make the 3 best wpeaon for all is quite easy dont need boyd well for some yea but for the fighters get gusto+fayt+cliff and go around

400 gc for
paladian helm
veinslayer
mythrill guantlets

for ice blades its around 6800
claw of jugment is around 6200
the rest is made by boyd only

note must have smithery hammer +20 for smithery

PossiblE
Sun, 10-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Problem is, I can't hire him...
I don't know why it's not letting me give him money, right now I'm supposed to go to Aquios to get the sphere, can it even be done at this time?