PDA

View Full Version : Hunter x Hunter GI Final

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Sorry for starting a new HxH OVA thread but there really wasnt a thread to discuss the whole OVA only specific episodes....

So if anyone is interested episode 13 is out by anime-faith

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:10 AM
we're almost at the end of the Greed Island Arc and what a good arc it was this made me like HxH even more then I already did, I hope they do the next arc too because it really needs some good animation any info on a possible 4th OVA?

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:14 AM
I always check on animenewsnetwork to see if they mention anything... but no luck yet... but I think it is almost a given that there will be another ova

it all depends on how they end the ova... if they give a sense of closure then there might be a risk... but if it ends pretty open minded I think the possibility rises since they wont end this long run series with a crappy ending

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:20 AM
yes it will most likely be an open ending plus they can't stop here there are so many thing unanswered they have to continue plus the artist self said he wanted all of HxH to be animated

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:52 PM
yes it will most likely be an open ending plus they can't stop here there are so many thing unanswered they have to continue plus the artist self said he wanted all of HxH to be animated

EDIT: great ep as i expected hxh never fails to meet my expectations

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah... it was a great episode.... it looks like nothing much of much exitement is going to happen on the next episode... but Im sure it will be a nice one.. I wonder who the guy fishing in the preview is... I doubt it's his dad...

I know you read the manga so dont answer the question....

I also find it awesome how Killua and Gon are always on the same page... always thinking the same thing.... Gon went to heal the enemy instead of Killua and Killua knew and understood all along

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:00 PM
yeah gon and killua truely seem to be good friends unlike some other anime characters i know *cough* naruto & sasuke *cough*, oh yeah i'm not the spoiler kind of guy i know where i can talk about the manga and not and i respect anime only viewers so don't worry i'm not about to spoil anything

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Now... Is Bisque male or female... i'm still pondering on that... do you know the answer to that?

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:14 PM
hahaha yeah i actually still wonder about that i seriously think she's a female it's just that her totally trained body which is so damn big is how she normally is because of all the training you can't have so much power in such a little body because she easily could've taken out Gensuru if she wanted too but to keep her powers sealed she has taken a more beautiful smaller cuter form...she was very cute this ep "if you don't want your share i'll take it" priceless

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:36 AM
Episode 14 released by a-faith....

irc only at the moment i think

Edit: Oh crap.. they just had to do it... ending it with a cliffhanger.... Now they really have to start releasing a new OVA or something... if not someone is gonna die

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:13 AM
great ep can''t wait for ova 4

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Spoilers

one question... can they only use accompany once in the real world?

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:32 AM
yes the card will be used up after this if they release another ova they''ll clear things up on that accompany card

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
From what ive heard around... they might be planning a second tv series instead of another ova... i havent read anything from a reliable source though

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
yeah i heard that too i hope it'll be an ova so they can keep the bloodier scenes of the next arc

Nai
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:11 PM
This has indeed been an excellent arc so far, especially when it comes to animation. Everything is so crispy and clean, it's a pure joy to watch. As for Bisque being male or female, I'd say male, just because HxH tends to play a lot on that type of humor. But it's quite possible she's just a really scary, bodybuilding, female.

Eitherway, Hunter X Hunter still holds that special place in my heart, and I can't wait for more of it.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:16 PM
yeah she's female 100% certain her original form is just uber muscled

Locke
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I don't know many guys that have knockers, manboobs yes, but knockers, no.

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Well she did say in the end that if she stayed more time with them she would really feel like their mother... unless this is some freaky fag

XioVicious
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:48 AM
I got a question. is the HXH tv worth watchiing. I watched all of the eiposides buit the tv part, I dont know if it is before the story or what. I just watched the 14th episode so I am wandering if I should watch it or not.

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:26 AM
of course.... the ova just continues the story from the tv series.... you shouldnt have watched the ova without watching the tv series....

You should watch the TV series 62 episodes

Then OVA 1 8 episodes
Then OVA 2 Greed Island 8 episodes
Then OVA 3 Greed Island Final 14

You shouldnt skip any since it is all sequential....

You are missing out on a lot of content if you havent watched the TV or previous ova's

r79s
Tue, 09-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Ok i am a little confused now...

There is the TV series which is 62 eps then insnt there episodes of OVA greed island 8 and OVA green island which is 14 eps. There were 8 eps in btwn tv series and Greed Island OVA?

Yeah the TV Series just got better and better after every episode.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:13 PM
yeah first 62 TV eps then 8 eps are the 1st OVA then Greed Island OVA 2 starts which is 8 eps and the OVA 3 is GI Final which is 14 eps

XioVicious
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:36 PM
I so wish I knew that, damn I feel dumb now.

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by: r79s
Ok i am a little confused now...

There is the TV series which is 62 eps then insnt there episodes of OVA greed island 8 and OVA green island which is 14 eps. There were 8 eps in btwn tv series and Greed Island OVA?

Yeah the TV Series just got better and better after every episode.

Yeah... there is an 8 episode OVA right before the second 8 episode OVA (Greed Island)

The first 8 episode OVA deals specifically with the Ryodan Spiders... which i think concludes in the second OVA (not sure)

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
lol yeah you just dropped into the story after watching this you'll most likely be dissapointed by hxh tv and the first ova

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah but still they need to be seen... the TV series has some parts that drag... but it is very good still... and the first OVA was pretty good... although i think i enjoyed the second ova the most

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
yeah the whole greed island arc is one of the best parts of hxh also when they first learn about ren in the tower that was cool and te whole spider arc the hunter exam dragged too much

animefreak
Tue, 09-14-2004, 05:39 PM
can anyone tell me whom had the best encoder and subtitle for hunter x hunter? i check the animesuki and they have quite a fews fansubs that sub this anime.

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:29 PM
you really dont have a choice if you want the whole series...

go with the animekissaten and the aku fansubs ones since they are the ones that will get you up to the end of the tv series...

Those are the ones i got since when i got them those were the only ones around

I havent tried the a-flux or lunar ones... they might be better encode wise since their source is dvd... but they wont take you up to the end of the series...

So i guess you should go with anime kissaten and akufansubs

YaGaMi
Wed, 09-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Suprised you guys didn't like the Hunter Exam Arc, because for me that arc along with Spider Arc are my favourite part of the series. I liked the Greed Island Arc but for me thats lowest part of the whole series.

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Well i did like the Hunter exam... but it did have some parts that dragged...

Like the tower was pretty boring in my opinion.. and when they were deserted in the boat it was pretty boring also...

The best part was when they had to hunt each other...

And the first couple of episodes i found them boring also... Like before they got on the boat towards the Hunter exam....

Other than that... i foung everything else excellent

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-23-2004, 09:55 AM
man, i justs started watching the GI ova (i had some space issues, so i decided to wait till everything is out rather than watch it when it comes out), and it seems that they've left out quite much of the side parts, and the pacing is awefull as well, couldn't tell that time has even passed....

anyway, things that were left out:
-the connection between the timer and heart beats with the bombs.
-the part when killua talks with the guy from the auction, and the part that they guy talks afterwards.
-the speed of the ryu fighting.
-the reason those guys joined together.
-the part when the guy talks to bomber about how they wanted to use the archangel card.
-the 'but i've taken a shower' comment from Killua.
and more...

could you believe that all that's only from the first two eps? what's up with that?

oh, and sorry for bringing this thread back from page 2.

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 04:30 PM
aone released episodes 13 and 14

Wed, 03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
hey in regard to the GI ova, I don't understand why it was necessary for the jyoken user (the guy who can conjure up the forest spirits to eat up the nen condition with the bomber) to touch the bomber and say the phrase to deactivate the bomb anyways

Munsu
Sun, 03-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Humm, now that you mention it, I don't remember why he needed to do it...

I think that it had something to do with the nen being very powerful and he couldn't completely remove it... Or maybe he was doing it so that no one suspects him of being a nen remover... I really would have to recheck it and see.

seanos
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Well he was carrying around that forest spirit/creature with him - until he 'caught the bomber'.

So assuming something to do with unable to destroy nen, but simply remove the nen from some[one|thing], at the cost of having to carry the forest spirit for X time?

Munsu
Sun, 03-12-2006, 11:26 AM
I think that makes sense, I'm willing to accept that reason.

Mon, 03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Well he was carrying around that forest spirit/creature with him - until he 'caught the bomber'.

So assuming something to do with unable to destroy nen, but simply remove the nen from some[one|thing], at the cost of having to carry the forest spirit for X time?

i would think something similar.... but from the anime, kurapica's judgement chain doesn't really have a condition for one to fulfill (ie. the equivalent of touching bomber and say, "I've caught bomber") so I don't know...

anyways, does anyone know if the manga has finished the next arc yet? I hope they continue the anime!

Munsu
Mon, 03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
No, they haven't finished it... It's a huge ass arc though. But I think it'll finish soon, the awaited encounters are just about to begin.

If ever animated, I suspect they can do a TV series out of it, or maybe a set of OVA's like they did with Greed Island.

Augury
Mon, 03-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, the recent HxH arc is quite long in addition to the mangaka taking frequent breaks due to poor health.

About the nen remover, my impression of it was that the bomber's nen was so powerful that he was unable to completely remove it. He could only replace it with that creature he created which he then later eliminated by touching the bomber.

Lucifus
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:55 AM
Well...Just finished watching the entire Hunter x Hunter series. Excellent.
Probably already been asked.....But is Hunter x Hunter GI Final.....well...the Final Hunter x Hunter Ova?:D

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 06:11 AM
Yeah. The story ended, didn't it?

Honoko
Fri, 06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Well...Just finished watching the entire Hunter x Hunter series. Excellent.
Probably already been asked.....But is Hunter x Hunter GI Final.....well...the Final Hunter x Hunter Ova?:D
Anime-wise, yes. But then some of us turned to the manga since the story does continue since then =P I'm hoping to see animation on the current arc... but what're the odds of that?

Munsu
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
The current manga arc has to finish first doesn't it? I wonder when that will happen... been months since I've read a manga chapter, has the manga-ka continue to release after the break the manga took around april?

Honoko
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:36 PM
The current manga arc has to finish first doesn't it? I wonder when that will happen... been months since I've read a manga chapter, has the manga-ka continue to release after the break the manga took around april?
Yah, 259 was the last chapter I read. Plus my usual mirror has taken down the direct downloads for it thanks to a letter from some publisher in France =(

But I think there's enough storyline to get the first section of the current arc animated. You know how they broke up the Greed Island arc before?

Lucifus
Fri, 06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
So....you guys are saying....there might be hope?

I asked because theres a ton of questions unanswered...and the potential kickazz nen fights were left untapped...:(

Augury
Fri, 06-30-2006, 08:10 PM
While the story does continue in the manga, I wouldn't be too hopeful in regards to seeing any new OVAs released anytime soon. Due to the author's illness, I don't think he's released a chapter in 4-5 months. The current story arc is the one right after Greed Island. It's pretty long so far, but unfinished.

Honoko: 260 is the latest chapter scanned by nG. I don't know if it's available for download at any sites, but they definitely have it on one of their bots on IRC.

kyubisrage
Sat, 07-01-2006, 04:42 PM
umm anyone know if there are any manga following GI final ep 14? also thats the one when they leave the island right?

Apraxhren
Sat, 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
umm anyone know if there are any manga following GI final ep 14? also thats the one when they leave the island right?

Episode 14 of the anime occurs at Chapter 185 of the manga. As of now there are 260 released chapters of the manga, so there is alot of chapters following the final episode.

kyubisrage
Sat, 07-01-2006, 07:08 PM
is 185 following after Greed island final?

Narasho
Sat, 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
As Hunter Hunter is one of my favorite anime series (2nd only to Naruto), I also really hope they continue the plot of the anime after the current manga arc finishes. Seems like alot more content for them to cover, if the manga is up to 260 and the anime is only up to 185.

I had heard the current manga arc is fairly close to completion. Does anyone know approximately how many more chapters it has to be finished? (obviously, even if it's only one or two more chapters it will still be a while before it finishes due to the author's health issues)

Lucifus
Sat, 07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I have my fingers crossed for a continued anime plot. Simply because of the untapped potential kickazz nen fights.

And even though Hisoka reminds me of Michael Jackson, I still wanna see him go all out on someone. That would be really tight.

aisamo
Sat, 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
someone told me there makin new episodes for hunterxhunter u know afther the greed island final 14episodes there was a real bad and open end ^^ i realy hope there comes some more ^^

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Not likely.. even the manga hasn't finished the arc after GI... so while it's possible they'll cut it into few diffrent OVA series, i can hardly see that happenning.

Archangel
Mon, 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Man it's been a while and still no new Ova's since all this time. Does anyone have any idea how far the manga is on its current arc?

animus
Mon, 07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Enough for 20 or 30 episode definietely. That's not to say, 20 or 30 episodes worth of good content, since the current arc sucks.

Assassin
Mon, 07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Its very unlikely that they'll continue HxH in anime form....they ended at a very suitable place that can be considered a decent 'ending' of the series.

And the manga is kinda fucked up anyway with the random breaks for undetermined periods of time. So they wont continue it just like that, cuz they have no where to go. If they start up again it'll be very hard to end the series, and pumping it with fillers will just fuck up a very awesome anime. Hell, even the current arc would fuck up the anime, so its better that they never animate it.

Munsu
Mon, 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Well, the 4th OVA had gone into production... they stopped it for whatever reason. I don't see any problem with them doing another set of OVA, even a TV Series once the current arc is over. It shouldn't be long now till it finishes, but with these mofos taking breaks all over the place, who knows.

Once the current arc finishes, I have no doubt that this will become a hot topic and we should get a better idea then. But that at least they had plans to continue the series in anime form should be enough for now.

Carnage
Mon, 07-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure how they're going to censor this next arc though....

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
censor the violence or the story line?

besides, it's an OVA, they can rate it whatever they want.

Archangel
Mon, 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM
What did they censor in the previous ones?

Also with such demand over a new OVA they will probably do it even if it's just for the money right?

Xrlderek
Tue, 07-08-2008, 04:07 AM
Watched this a month ago or so, really enjoyed it. I had tried starting it two years ago, but didn't manage to get past the first episodes(tried twice), not entirely sure why, because this was a great anime. The only thing I didn't like was the servant girl with the red hair, I hated that hair.

Assassin
Tue, 07-08-2008, 04:23 AM
the first 1 or 2 episodes are kinda queer, with gon and that fishing thing, and the tree hugging animal love aspect. But soon as he reaches that island and meets up with leorio and kraupica (was that his name?), it gets awesome.

Munsu
Tue, 07-08-2008, 04:45 AM
the first 1 or 2 episodes are kinda queer, with gon and that fishing thing, and the tree hugging animal love aspect. But soon as he reaches that island and meets up with leorio and kraupica (was that his name?), it gets awesome.
Indeed, it seems that those first couple of episodes seem to put-off more people from watching the series than actually getting people to watch the series. I really wonder about the amount of people that would've liked the series but stopped because of them.

TwisT
Tue, 07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Oh yea, i remember when i started this. Munsu told me to watch more then just the first episodes. And it was a great thing he did because i remember wanting to drop the whole thing after the first 2 episodes and if it where'nt for what Munsu told me i would have. But i ended up watching the whole thing and loved it. I even started the manga and recently caught up.

So this is a series that should come with a disclaimer telling people to watch at least 5-10 episodes before they make up their minds.

Archangel
Tue, 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Watched this a month ago or so, really enjoyed it. I had tried starting it two years ago, but didn't manage to get past the first episodes(tried twice), not entirely sure why, because this was a great anime.

Lol yeah the exact same thing happened to me too but Munsu smacked me around a bit and got me to watch it and i loved the anime. i would read the manga too but i just don't like the author's drawing style, it makes all the cool characters look kind of goofy.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I loved those first two episodes. To be fair though, I came in with an understanding that the series was going to take a grade A shounen turn, but still, I like all that treehuggery. In fact, I hope there's more of it.

Gon's dad riding a bird the size of a mountain, on top of some other bird the size of 20 mountains is an extention of tree huggery, and that was one of the most epic things I'd ever seen, so the roots of that sit well with me.

Munsu
Wed, 07-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Lol yeah the exact same thing happened to me too but Munsu smacked me around a bit and got me to watch it and i loved the anime. i would read the manga too but i just don't like the author's drawing style, it makes all the cool characters look kind of goofy.
It looks that way because he has been sick, so his mag. releases suck ass. When the books get released, the drawings are corrected. He has gotten better as of late, as it seems he has regained a bit of his health.

Archangel
Wed, 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I keep hearing that about his health but what's exactly wrong with him anyway?

Marik
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hunter x Hunter TV Anime Series Confirmed for This Fall

Marketing materials leaked on the Hachima Kikou Esuteru BBS have revealed that the recently revived Hunter x Hunter franchise will have another TV series project tied to its current revival. The marketing material goes further, explaining that the 29th volume of the manga, slated for release on August 4th will be tied to the announcement of the new TV project.

The Hunter x Hunter manga has recently been revived as author Yoshiro Togashi slowly recovers from his latest lengthy hiatus due to illness, with the manga resuming next month in Weekly Shonen Jump around the same time as the release of the 29th manga volume.

Sources: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-24/hunter-x-hunter-tv-anime-series-confirmed-for-this-fall) & ANBiz (http://www.animenews.biz/new-hunter-x-hunter-tv-project-revealed-6962)

Munsu
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Awesome, but we still haven't finished the Bug Arc in the manga so I wonder what the plans are (though this arc has been quite long). But it seems like we're close to the conclusion once the manga returns. Anyways, this will certainly be a series I'll be watching even though I haven't been watching any anime at all.

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Hunter x Hunter TV Anime Series Confirmed for This Fall

Sources: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-24/hunter-x-hunter-tv-anime-series-confirmed-for-this-fall) & ANBiz (http://www.animenews.biz/new-hunter-x-hunter-tv-project-revealed-6962)

http://i.imgur.com/IYojN.jpg

Slow as fuck :,D

Marik
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that after I made my post. I saw the ANN article earlier, but it was only one line, so I went looking for more info + the picture.

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I saw that after I made my post. I saw the ANN article earlier but it was only one line, so I went looking for more info + the picture.
That sounds like a wonderful excuse for your failure :)

Zati
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks for that marvelous news, Arch and Marik!

Likewise, Munsu. I haven't really been watching as much anime as I used to, but you can definitely bet that I'll keep my eyes peeled for new HxH this fall.

Edit: I've been archiving the Shindou-Anime releases, and they finished releasing their last batch (the series, 1-62) earlier this month. So, in light of this news, I guess it's the perfect opportunity for me to start rewatching HxH now, with better quality and subtitles. They're also working on the Greed Island OVAs, so will be looking forward to that as well.

MFauli
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
WTF?!

First we get Kaiji 2nd season, then a Berserk-movie trilogy is announced, and now the HXH-anime will be continued? Best time for anime-fans ever!

Marik
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
That sounds like a wonderful excuse for your failure :)

It wasn't an excuse. I had mentioned it on AIM to someone like 10 mins before you posted.

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM
It wasn't an excuse. I had mentioned it on AIM to someone like 10 mins before you posted.

How wonderfully irrelevant to the fact that i was number one. But hey, there's always next time! Hopefully you'll do better

animus
Sun, 07-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Great news, the kicker is it's gonna be about the insect king arc.

Marik
Mon, 08-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Rainbow's Hiroshi Koujina to direct new staff, cast in October anime at MADHOUSE

The upcoming television anime adaptation of the Hunter X Hunter manga will have a new staff and cast compared to the 1999-2001 television anime, and it will retell the story from the manga from the beginning. The "definitive" new anime will premiere on NTV on October 2 and run every Sunday at 10:55 a.m. NTV opened a web page for the new anime.

Hiroshi Koujina (Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, Neuro - Supernatural Detective) will direct the anime at MADHOUSE (Death Note, NANA), and Jun Maekawa (Dragon Ball Z, Fresh Precure!) is in charge of the scripts. Takahiro Yoshimatsu ("Something Yoshimatsu" of Future GPX Cyber Formula, Slayers) is designing the characters, while Toshio Nakatani is producing. The cast is slated to be announced later.

Sources: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-01/2011-hunter-x-hunter-anime-to-retell-story-from-start) | Mantan-Web (http://mantan-web.jp/2011/08/02/20110801dog00m200040000c.html) | Madhouse (http://www.madhouse.co.jp/news/news_2011_08.html#news2011_0802)

animus
Mon, 08-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't know how I feel about that. People are doing too many reboots and what not these days.

The original anime TV series was amazing. Also new voice cast will take some getting used to. I can't picture anybody else voicing Hisoka. He had that creepy voice down so well.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I can't see the point in a reboot...
the few changes they made from the manga were mostly welcomed. only the OVA's had some stuff removed...

still, better sharpen up some DragonBallZ references for the insect arc

MFauli
Mon, 08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Ugh.....

Archangel
Mon, 08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh wow... fuck that

Carnage
Mon, 08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Im actually glad it will be a reboot; it will probably have consistently good animation, and will be a whole anime instead of 60 eps + 10 OVAs + a Movie + extra comic.

Assassin
Mon, 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Awesome, but we still haven't finished the Bug Arc in the manga so I wonder what the plans are (though this arc has been quite long). But it seems like we're close to the conclusion once the manga returns. Anyways, this will certainly be a series I'll be watching even though I haven't been watching any anime at all.

my thoughts exactly. cant wait for this. i should probably read up on the manga....i haven't read anything in a while.

LaZie
Mon, 08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Kind of a kick in the balls since I just started watching the series a week ago and now i'm on the 2nd OVA :mad: I was hoping for a continuation like the rest of you.

Kraco
Tue, 08-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Kind of strange news, but then again, this would hardly be the first time they make it all anew. Too bad that I liked the original a lot, unlike with FMA, for example. Still, I won't particularly mind. If they decided to reboot, they must have trust in the financial security of the investment, like Carnage predicted, resulting it good enough production values.

I suppose it might be even interesting to see the new VA cast, though the old one was just perfect.

MFauli
Tue, 08-02-2011, 04:47 AM
I mean, it´s not 100% bad news. Gives me an excuse to rewatch the old stuff. But still...the old anime was mightly fine imo.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't really see the point unless the original content was so entirely different from what's been told in the anime that going back to canon would be impossible or very awkward.

Well... there IS a point... to approach the younger age brackets who would have probably missed the original airing. That's about it.

I agree with the comment regarding Hisoka. He was boss with that voice.

Munsu
Tue, 08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
We'll see, I love the VAs of the first series. I guess it'll give the manga some time to finish up the current arc before the anime catches up.

I'll hold judgement for now, but not a big fan of this remake at the moment.

gos27
Tue, 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
HxH was one of my favourite anime's, and to see them doing a reboot saddens me :(

seanos
Tue, 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Oh this is some good news.
Loved the original, hopefully Madhouse will do a good job.

They could of course screw it up entirely, but I'll remain positive, last reboot I watched was FMA which impressed me to no end.
Hopefully it's picked up by a decent subgroup now.

Marik
Wed, 08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
The combined 35/36th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing the main cast of the 2011 television anime adaptation of Yoshihiro Togashi's Hunter X Hunter manga on Monday:

Megumi Han (live-action Otomen (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=9090)) as (http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/artist/1011965/) Gon Freeces
Mariya Ise (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=46112) as Killua Zaoldyeck
Keiji Fujiwara (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=949) as Leorio
Miyuki Sawashiro (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=5735) as Kurapica
Daisuke Namikawa (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1289) as Hisoka

The same characters were played by the following cast members in the earlier 1999-2001 anime:

Junko Takeuchi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=2130) as Gon Freeces
Kanako Mitsuhashi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=835) as Killua Zaoldyeck
Hozumi Gôda (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=14828) as Leorio
Yuki Kaida (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7347) as Kurapica
Hiroki Takahashi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=2164) as Hisoka

2011 Hunter x Hunter Anime's Main Cast Listed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-03/2011-hunter-x-hunter-anime-main-cast-listed)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Hmm, Fai's (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) VA as Hisoka aye?

I guess I can anticipate that...

Kraco
Wed, 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Leorio at least should be okay. Hisoka possibly as well; that VA's seemed competent in his previous roles. Even Killua might turn out okay, even though I can't remember the VA from anything but Panty&Stocking.

dragonrage
Wed, 08-03-2011, 07:41 PM
I think the anime ended pretty awesomely. Can't really see how they can improve on what is already out there. It is one of my favourite animes of all time, I hope something passable comes to fruition or else it would diminish my memory of it, if not everyone's.

Archangel
Thu, 08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I think the anime ended pretty awesomely. Can't really see how they can improve on what is already out there. It is one of my favourite animes of all time, I hope something passable comes to fruition or else it would diminish my memory of it, if not everyone's.
And the thing is that even if they did come up with something phenomenal you would always think it lesser than its predecessor because you can't look at it without nostalgia goggles

animus
Thu, 08-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Only thing I didn't like about the original HxH anime was how painfully boring the first 2-3 episodes were.

Belial
Fri, 08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't get why anyone would see this as a bad thing ... this is not Hollywood witch screws up remakes... it will follow the manga only with better animation... can't go wrong with that

the FMA remake was one of the best anime i have watched... but then again i couldn't care less who does the voice job, i don't remember how anyone sounded in the original :) ... the new Berserk remake looks sexy as hell

I just hope it will continue on the original anime / OVAs with new episodes

Marik
Sun, 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
The English-language Program Licensing Catalogue of the Japanese production company NTV lists the length of its new Hunter x Hunter television anime series as "45+ episodes (tentative)."

In a separate development, voice actor Toshio Furukawa revealed on Saturday that he will play Satotz, the first examiner in the Hunter x Hunter story. The character was played by Hitoshi Bifu in the 1999-2001 anime; the other characters in the new anime also have different voice actors from the previous anime.

The "definitive" new anime of Yoshihiro Togashi's Hunter X Hunter manga will run on NTV every Sunday at 10:55 a.m. NTV opened a web page for the new anime, which will retell the manga's story from the beginning.

Hiroshi Koujina (Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, Neuro - Supernatural Detective) will direct the anime at Madhouse (Death Note, Nana), and Atsushi Maekawa (Dragon Ball Z, Fresh Precure) is in charge of the scripts. Takahiro Yoshimatsu ("Something Yoshimatsu" of Future GPX Cyber Formula, Slayers) is designing the characters, while Toshio Nakatani is producing.

Hunter x Hunter Slated for 45+ Episodes, Chihayafuru for 25 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-09-04/hunter-x-hunter-slated-for-45+episodes-chihayafuru-for-25)

Lucifus
Sun, 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM
God Bless Marik!~

Archangel
Sun, 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Remakes are retarded :-/

MFauli
Sun, 09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
45 episodes...hm...what happened in ep 45 of the original anime?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I think it was around the start of the auction\mafia arc.
hunter exam - Killua retrieval - battle tower - new york.

Archangel
Sun, 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
It was the episode with Killua's flashback to how he created his chain

Carnage
Sun, 09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Remakes are retarded :-/

Tell that to Full Metal Alchemist.

Archangel
Sun, 09-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Tell that to Full Metal Alchemist.
That wasn't a remake, the original was hardly faithful to the original content and you'll get a very different experience from watching one or the other

This however will be the same shit that has already been animated and voiced beautifully.

Carnage
Sun, 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
That wasn't a remake, the original was hardly faithful to the original content and you'll get a very different experience from watching one or the other

This however will be the same shit that has already been animated and voiced beautifully.

That was a remake, at least the first half the series was fairly faithful to the original content. Why do you care if they remake this anime? if you wont enjoy it, then just dont watch it. I personally dont mind, it will probably have even better animation than the original, even better pacing, and no filler.

Archangel
Mon, 09-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Yeah, good luck with having animation of this quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-I_WnXPJA)

This will probably get censored too :(

http://i.imgur.com/59Tcp.gif

Harima Kenji
Wed, 09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Why did I end up watching the whole episode? Even though the audio is off around halfway, I just kept watching..

I don't mind a remake. I was planning to watch it again, so this might be a nice experience. What I don't like at all, though, is that they changed the voices of major characters.
For some reason I hope that they will keep the old intro song.. that is just amazing.

Archangel
Wed, 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Why did I end up watching the whole episode? Even though the audio is off around halfway, I just kept watching.

Because that episode is fucking awesome.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Just watched the next one as well.....god I love this series!

Marik
Mon, 09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-dRmOkXpgE

Click cc for subs.

Archangel
Tue, 09-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Argh... that's not Gon! Gon doesn't sound like that! :/

MFauli
Tue, 09-13-2011, 07:12 AM
looks exactly like the old anime, huh

animus
Tue, 09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
That sounds a little like Gon, cept the original Gon's voice was more hoarse.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
It's not the voice we know and love, but this one is not aweful.. I guess it takes some getting used to.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
It's more brat-ish, we'll see..

Marik
Fri, 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will simulcast the new Hunter x Hunter television anime series on Saturdays starting October 1. Crunchyroll will simulcast the series in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand on Saturdays at 8:30 pm PDT.

Crunchyroll to Stream New Hunter x Hunter Anime (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-30/crunchyroll-to-stream-new-hunter-x-hunger-anime)

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-02-2011, 12:26 AM
That's awful.

I barely got through that intro, that was like watching some generic shounen anime. The rest of the episode wasn't much better either.

So far, I've yet to see any particular reason why i should watch this when it offer nothing over the old series.

Kraco
Sun, 10-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah. I felt it brough absolutely no value over the old show, unless you count WS HD. Though that being said, I still might keep watching it...

MFauli
Sun, 10-02-2011, 12:46 PM
woah, the hate is strong in this thread :P

David75
Sun, 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I never really got to watch the original show, had some eps here and there from many different arcs.
So I might follow that one to get the full picture.
My only concern is Kurapika's voice, way too girly... and a voice I like for girls! It really bothers me.

MFauli
Sun, 10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
My only concern is Kurapika's voice, way too girly... and a voice I like for girls! It really bothers me.

Well, I remember that when the manga was initially released in Germany, the translators actually thought he was a she. So, even though Kurapika is a boy, a girlish voice seems fitting imo.

Archangel
Sun, 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Yo guys... there's sort of already a thread for the new series, there's no point in using this one for the Greed Island OVAs

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Yo guys... there's sort of already a thread for the new series, there's no point in using this one for the Greed Island OVAsOther than not posting a bunch of spoilers for people for whom the new series might be their first viewing of this series.