PDA

View Full Version : Inane 229

Hennyo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Only irc atm

Realy sweet chapter go get it

xtort
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Gotwoot Naruto Inane 229 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/Naruto_v26_ch229%5BInane%5D.zip.torrent)

It's up in the torrents section. Go get it.

-xtortout

Sidnne
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Thank Heavens!

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:29 AM
SWEET. Checked out the raw, couldn't get into it.

Sidnne
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Its up on Naruto Fan now too.

kage_bunshin
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Holy crap!!!!!!!

*spoiler*

Sasuke finally developed the third comma in his eye!!!! its about time...

PossiblE
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Very good chapter, can't wait for 230.

yvliew
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:03 AM
cant wait to see this in the anime!!!!

Kumiriko
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
The last Fraim looks a littie messed up. But good chapter. I dont think a third lvl sharigan will give him much help agest that much raw Power but Thats my Opione Just have to wait and see what happens

glitched
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:08 AM
oh wow. wow. after reading the raw i knew that hte action was awesome, but wow, the dialouge between the two really brings this story to the top. compare this chapter to the anime episode that aird this week and its on a whole, completly, utterly, differnt level. this is the level that it should be

sangai
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:54 AM
does anyone feel that the third dou'jutsu is gonna be the only thing keepin orochimaru out of sasuke's body, i mean other then fearing itach there had to be something stopping him as we saw with the other body that he took it happens very fast and withought effert. im thinking the third dou'jutsu is whats stoppin the body transfer and will be the only thing that keeps sasuke alive and with his original body.

also i was talkin to my japanese teacher (lol anime fanatic , loves naruto) i asked him what he thought about naruto and yondaime you know there relation ship and he said there is no doubt about it, in the japanese culture only a father would have done that to a son I.E sealing kyuubin into naruto.

he also felt that there is no way in hell that sasuke would completly turn, like all series there is some kind of evil deviance and a movent back to a good side. you all know the cliche.

anyways i hope thats been somewhat insightful or somewhat intresting.

Lefty
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:11 AM
I hope to christ it's not that "i'm going to be evil" then he's to friggin half assed to go through with it. He's been through the transformation to Lv.2 seal there is no turning back from that, and he did almost kill naruto, if he hadn't block the attack. I think this fight might lead to a draw.

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:21 AM
i want a discussion NOW!! or is this the discussion thread??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif if sasuke is not gonna come back and not go to oro, then he should shave his head and become a buddhist monk.

glitched, i was just thinking the same thing and gonna write it here. guess u beat me...about the dialogue is really good.

lucky! i wish i had a teacher who likes naruto! the japanese teacher at my school doesn't even know who kaneshiro takeshi is so i doubt she'll know naruto.

Assertn
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:26 AM
whoa......i was all concentrating on the 3rd pupil like im sure you all were, but after looking carefully through the later pages, did any of you notice sasuke actually took his konoha forehead protector out of his pocket and put it on?

i guess this means that he views naruto as an equal now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

xtort
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah AssertnFailure, I think it's a big step for Sasuke. Possibly, he's been able to drop the BS superiority complex and is fighting really for what he wants, instead of with a snide belief that he's way better than Naruto. The dialog was probably the best in a very long time, and it made me really anticipate the next issues. My fingers are crossed that Kishimoto does something anti-cliche-ish. and doesn't make Sasuke go bad, or have the fight simply broken up. Not sure where he can go from here, but I'll be waiting expectantly.

Also, about the kunai in 228, I have to think that it was there for the effect of... "everything sinking." Possibly a mood-maker, making you think of drowning.

-xtortout

kaigan
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:44 AM
i had a feeling that the fight will definitely be interupted by someone. so no winner between the two.

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:52 AM
of course there's gonna be a winner. and that's NARUTO!! at least i want it to be.

sasuke is such a bastard for saying something like that to naruto. i feel so sorry for him at that point. but what naruto said brought tears to my eyes. (sniff sniff)

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:52 AM
That kunai is going to make a come back in a BIG way, I'm telling you. Yeah, this fight is actually as predictable as a lot of people are saying it would be. But I guess it has to be. They have to pull out all their aces against each other and not hold back for the sake of the story. Helps to mark this as a turning point. Anyway, about this chapter, yeah, the dialogue was a beautiful thing man *sniff*. The fighting was pretty good, but I wanted Sasuke to catch a couple more serious injuries before he busted out his guns. Something like a few broken ribs and a ruptured spleen. It's kind of about time also that Sasuke recognizes Naruto as an equal. Too bad it's only happened after Naruto's already superior. I don't think Sasuke can handle Gamabunta, specially not if there's nowhere to hide.

Mut
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:56 AM
the best part of this chapter was how sasuke, conviniently, had his forehead protector in his pocket the entire time since he lost it, i dunno, maybe 50+ chapters ago?

SasukesGirL
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:10 AM
I think that third comma wont help much against naruto. Sasuke gonna get his butt kicked again and go to lvl 2 or let that curse seal go berserk over him.

onemoregook
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by: kage_bunshin
Holy crap!!!!!!!

*spoiler*

Sasuke finally developed the third comma in his eye!!!! its about time...

Holy crap!!!!! and we don't have any idea what that means!
man, i hope sasuke doesn't break a seal cause that means at least 5 chapters of this boring crap. could kishimoto drag out this crap any longer?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:52 AM
What?!? This is far from boring. If you haven't been anticipating this fight since early on in the series, you've missed out on probably the main point of the anime thus far. Kishimotos not dragging anything out. In the past few chapters, there hasn't been so much as a single unnecessary frame (as in, it would have been better without a particular frame for any reason). And as for not knowing what the third comma "means", we'll find out soon. This is the best part of the story thus far, I can't believe people are saying this kind of garbage.

Insomniac
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:01 AM
be interesting to see Sasukes level 2, we're only seen it from behind so far.
i would have to say this will be a very close battle and we cant really predict the winner since the story can go either way at this point

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:06 AM
yeah dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
3rd pupil .. head band on.. so much dept an emotion in this comic. keep in mind kakashi is on the way, i dont think teh fight will finsh.

tuggumkee
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:20 AM
I think that sasuke will definatly not get mangekyo sharingan(sp?) in this arc. Also i think that either sasuke or kakashi will soon reveal what the "true" purpose of the uchiha clan is.(being that is the reason why itachi went renegade). Can't wait to find out what it is!

Kef
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:36 AM
organ donors!

someone just lost his balls, and Itashi was next to give?

onemoregook
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
What?!? This is far from boring. If you haven't been anticipating this fight since early on in the series, you've missed out on probably the main point of the anime thus far. Kishimotos not dragging anything out. In the past few chapters, there hasn't been so much as a single unnecessary frame (as in, it would have been better without a particular frame for any reason). And as for not knowing what the third comma "means", we'll find out soon. This is the best part of the story thus far, I can't believe people are saying this kind of garbage.

how is this remotely interesting? sasuke's curse as well as all the other's look fugly. also, both of them have used their best jutsu already as well as sasuke's crappy goukakyu and hoosenka (or whatever that was called.)
the most you can expect from this is a few punches from kyuubi naruto and maybe another chidori (that gets pretty boring after kakashi used it.)
speaking of kakashi, he's gonna intervene again. with some luck, we get to move on to more powerful ninja and switch the focus to more important problems other than sasuke's retarded teen angst.

if you think about it, naruto is being an asshole. it's understandable for konoha to stop sasuke so he doesn't revive orochimaru but the real reason naruto is here fighting is because he doesn't want sasuke to go. how would you feel if you wanted to live out your ambition (example, fighter pilot, author, computer technician, artist, etc etc) and then your "friend" got in your way and threatened to break every bone in your body. i'm sure you'd be pissed off too.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:52 AM
sasuke is cold dayum, naruto needs to stop seeing sasuke as a friend cuz he's still holding back power while sasuke is willing to rip naruto's head off, seriously a third comma isn't gonna make much of a difference now a lvl 2 transformation is gonna make a difference because his chakra will be powered up times 10, i really can't see where kishimoto is going with this i'll just sit back and let him surprise me again i hope

xtort
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:38 AM
I just thought of something... what would happen if Sasuke made it to Orochimaru? And then Orochimaru became a huge source of growth, and ... I don't even know how to say it... like the zeal that Kimimaro had. If he then killed Orochimaru, he'd probably get his Mangekyou... erm.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:43 AM
it has to be his best friend i don't think sasuke sees oro as a friend just an evil child molester who can teach him in the ways of child molesting i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif nah seriously but i don't think he can get it that way

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 06:09 AM
That was AWESOME.

EpoC
Sat, 09-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by: onemoregook

how is this remotely interesting? sasuke's curse as well as all the other's look fugly. also, both of them have used their best jutsu already as well as sasuke's crappy goukakyu and hoosenka (or whatever that was called.)
the most you can expect from this is a few punches from kyuubi naruto and maybe another chidori (that gets pretty boring after kakashi used it.)
speaking of kakashi, he's gonna intervene again. with some luck, we get to move on to more powerful ninja and switch the focus to more important problems other than sasuke's retarded teen angst.

if you think about it, naruto is being an asshole. it's understandable for konoha to stop sasuke so he doesn't revive orochimaru but the real reason naruto is here fighting is because he doesn't want sasuke to go. how would you feel if you wanted to live out your ambition (example, fighter pilot, author, computer technician, artist, etc etc) and then your "friend" got in your way and threatened to break every bone in your body. i'm sure you'd be pissed off too.

So..? what do you wan't to see, this is as interesting as it gets in the world of naruto.

Anyway! if Kakashi were to interupt he would probobly do it by force. Naruto is in Kyubi mode and Sasuke will most likely become lvl2, that is powerful stuff if you know what I'm talking about. So the question is, can Kakashi handle it?

hitokiriender
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:08 AM
When I saw Sasuke put back on his forehead protector, I nearly lost it. I honestly thought Sasuke realized how wrong he was with Naruto's speech and acknowledged that he was going to be part of Konoha once again and return to the village.

Silly me, he just put it on as "extra armor" vs Naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

kAi
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:20 AM
great chapter...
and the third comma is here...i new it would.
it is a mastered sharingan now...i dont mean mangekyou...just the 3 commas..
but if you look at page six...sasuke has no hope...naruto is way to fast..
as rock lee said your eyes can follow but your body cant keep up with the movements..and that speed is under water...sasukes only chance is the curse seal and/or some interference...

and what do you mean this is crap...these are great chapters...
naruto can be selfish about the reason why he is bringing sasuke back...
hes doing it for himself, sakura, and the entire village...
his mission is to bring him back so he can have any reason he wants if it is going to succeed...
cant wait for next week...

Tap
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:28 AM

ARGH! Worst fucking sasuke fanboy defense EVER!! EVER! I got a headache reading that, congratulations Gook. Anyways thats just like saying, aww look at that terrorist he wants to carry out his life dreams, his ambitions. I guess WE CAN'T stop him from his actions harming others, killing innocents because its his DREAM. Seriously, bad god damn defense. I'd go further but seriously given the argument, i think i've said way more than enough.

Stop posting about the manga and do us all a favor or listen to mommy, take your Ritalin.

Stoopider
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:35 AM
*Sniff* So beautiful. Sasuke like a brother. Whatsisname like a father. *Sniff*

Well, time for one of them to die.

JusDaMan
Sat, 09-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Look closely at sasuke's eyes in page 19... if u zoom up on it... it looks like mangekyou... or was it just me

Huggies
Sat, 09-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, at least Sasuke acknowledged Naruto.
I don't think Sasuke can beat him with raw power alone, I do want to see lvl 2 though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
What happened to Sasuke's speed? Did all that time at the hospital take it away? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
If Sasuke does beat him it'll probably be more stratagy then power since Naruto isn't the best in that catagory.

As for Kakashi, I don't think he'll make it in time to stop them, he'll just be able to see the result.

jing
Sat, 09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
I like how Naruto gives Sasuke warnings and not just brutally beating him while he's already down.

kAi
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Look closely at sasuke's eyes in page 19... if u zoom up on it... it looks like mangekyou... or was it just me

which one the top or bottom picture...?
i think its just you..

PSJ
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:52 AM
im getting tired of all pricks that says that this is drawnout shut up assholes. this is what most of us has been waiting for since early in the show. i love this fight this is awesome. and now the real fight can finally begin.

Noonan
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I think its great that the story went this way - what catches my eye though -

in chapter 227 Sasuke pulled out the level 1 curse seal so that he could hurt Naruto.
in 228 after he had put a hole in Naruto's shoulder, he dropped the seal and prepared to finish him off.. Then Naruto went kyubi.
now in 229 - he ISN'T using the seal or summoning it again, he put his headband protector on and is relying on his own abities (which are improving as he fights Naruto)
Is it possible that Sasuke might realize that his rivalry with Naruto would give him more growth than Orochi's stupid curse seal?

P.S. to sum up for those who keep starting VS. threads

Naruto (normal) = Sasuke (normal) (see episode 227)
Naruto (normal) < Sasuke (with 2 spot Sharingan) (See the Haku fight)
Naruto (kyuubi) > Sasuke (with 2 spot Sharingan) (inferred from Haku fight)
Naruto (normal) << Sasuke (with level 1 Curse seal) (see 228)
Naruto (Kyuubi) >>> Sasuke (Normal) (see 229)
Chidori ~=~ Ransengan (227)

We still don't know about Kyuubi Naruto VS. Full Sharingan, or Level 2 Curse seal. I think we can infer that he would still be faster and stronger that Curse seal level 1.

The Question is, will the extra predictive and hypnotic abilities of the Full sharingan allow Sasuke to beat Naruto's fighting style? (If he can figure them out in time.)

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I really wasn't impressed with this chapter, there was so much foreshadowing, that just about every page was predicted somewhere in the forum at one point or another (excepting the whole forehead protector thing, but that could mean a lot of things).

I've seen more than enough friend vs. friend fights in the many years of watching anime/reading manga to not really get excited about these arcs anymore. I have a feeling these last couple chapters will be a lot better when they're animated later. Its was better when this arc started, it really is getting dragged out now.

So what I'm basically saying is, I just want this arc to end.

G-Pong
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Impatient damn people, what the hell do you want? Why would you want this arc to just end? For the next one to start? Should it only be 10 chapters long so it isn't "dragged out?" Seriously just go away for a few months and come back to it later, or never again if it sucks so bad to you right now. No one is forcing you to read naruto now are they.

Anyway my main post was going to be about the "Anomaly". I know the next week chapter thing isn't always right but what would that mean? That some wierd sharingan mutation could happen due to the seal? Maybe something with Naruto and his kyuubi evolving or changing? Maybe its nothing like that at all, but do you think somthing like that may be in the works?

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by: G-Pong
Impatient damn people, what the hell do you want? Why would you want this arc to just end? For the next one to start? Should it only be 10 chapters long so it isn't "dragged out?" Seriously just go away for a few months and come back to it later, or never again if it sucks so bad to you right now. No one is forcing you to read naruto now are they.

Well, the manga has really been boiled down to 2, maybe 3 characters in the last couple chapters. I kinda miss some of the other characters that are being neglected. Yes, there is a great deal of character development in this arc, but only for Naruto, Sasuke, and Itachi. I was just as irritated when the manga seemed like it could be easily changed to "Sasuke" from "Naruto."

Anyway my main post was going to be about the "Anomaly". I know the next week chapter thing isn't always right but what would that mean? That some wierd sharingan mutation could happen due to the seal? Maybe something with Naruto and his kyuubi evolving or changing? Maybe its nothing like that at all, but do you think somthing like that may be in the works?

You make a really good point, most of this chapter was more of the same, but "Anomaly" struck me as important more than anything else in this chapter. Wait, does that even count for this chapter then?

Gods_Son
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Badass chapter

SasukesGirL
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu

Originally posted by: G-Pong

Well, the manga has really been boiled down to 2, maybe 3 characters in the last couple chapters. I kinda miss some of the other characters that are being neglected. Yes, there is a great deal of character development in this arc, but only for Naruto, Sasuke, and Itachi. I was just as irritated when the manga seemed like it could be easily changed to "Sasuke" from "Naruto."

Well sasuke and naruto are the main characters and focus. Personally, im very happy they uncovering more on naruto and sasuke for the last few chapters. I felt they were the ones being neglected for along time now while other sub characters developed more. The manga is called naruto so more focus should be on him. If your anticipating more on other characters then maybe this manga isnt for you cuz it "irritates" you so much.

G-Pong
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I guess I see you point Ryllharu, but thats just how it is right now. It is just a focus on Naruto and Sasuke. I'm sure down the road there will be more interaction with the other characters, but that may not happen for a while. Can you imagine if every chapter had something about every character? There wouldn't be enough pages! If it's not your thing right now just take some time off from it and read like 8-12 chapters at a time. Maybe it wont drag as much that way for you.

ExTREm-San
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Hmm, now when Sasuke got the "full" sharigan he didn't gain extra power/speed and such things if anyone knows ? If he didn't i believe that Naruto is able to finnish this and get Sasuke back to Konoha. Got one more question, what will Konoha do IF Sasuke comes back "home", he can just run away again if he wants to. What's gonna keep him in Konoha if he comes back. hmmm

Jman
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by: ExTREm-San
Got one more question, what will Konoha do IF Sasuke comes back "home", he can just run away again if he wants to. What's gonna keep him in Konoha if he comes back. hmmm

yea keeping sasuke in konoha would be a problem when/if they bring him back. they can't watch him 24/7 (well sakura can lol)...but even if they can, he'd never stop attempting to leave again. i doubt he'll go back to konoha now though.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 09-04-2004, 02:10 PM
i think they'll just torture him in a little cell and lock him up then they are like "Lil Fag you almost helped out our enemy just stay down in this cell you damn traitor" lol j/k...anyway i think he'll be under strict ANBU surveilence 24h for a while probably....yeah the name of next chapter had me going "ooooooh something's gonna happen now shit'll hit the fan next week" i hope it's something important

kenshi
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:18 PM
interesting chapter....i guess sasuke finally sees naruto as an worthy opponent. any guess on when kakashi will actually show up? i am guessing in about 2 chapters or the end of next chapter at the very earliest.

Gaara of the Desert
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Sasuke doesn't even have a chance? Even if sasuke does go Level 2, That jump isn't really that great to match Naruto's raw power. And if he gains that special move that Itachi Uses ( i forget spelling ) Its a Genjutsu, and like in the Chunnin exam, you could cancel that out with a small amount of chakra (like sakura did to wake naruto up) and since naruto has an ever growing ungodly amount of Immortal Demon Fox chakra around him I fail to see it effecting him at all. The sheer amount of chakra around him would nearly destroy or influence any illusion around him

obake
Sat, 09-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I dunno, it's gonna be hard to tell how it's going to turn out. I think Kakashi is going to get there, but not in time to prevent whatever is going to happen.

SPECULATION:

Perhaps the fight will escalate so much that the seal on the Kyuubi will be broken and it'll be freed. The seal weakens whenever Naruto goes all kyuubi-like, so if he "kicks it up a notch," it might unravel completely.

kenshi
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by: Gaara of the Desert
Am I the only one who thinks Sasuke doesn't even have a chance? Even if sasuke does go Level 2, That jump isn't really that great to match Naruto's raw power. And if he gains that special move that Itachi Uses ( i forget spelling ) Its a Genjutsu, and like in the Chunnin exam, you could cancel that out with a small amount of chakra (like sakura did to wake naruto up) and since naruto has an ever growing ungodly amount of Immortal Demon Fox chakra around him I fail to see it effecting him at all. The sheer amount of chakra around him would nearly destroy or influence any illusion around him

you can't deflect tsukiyomi jutsu by just canceling out. kakashi would've attempted when he was fighting with itachi after the chuunin exam. itachi also mentioned that the jutsu can only be countered by another person with the same bloodline.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:39 PM
kicked ass, cant wait to read the next one, who will be the winner will it be naruto or will it be sasuke, imo naruto, since he knows how to summon all he has to do is summon gama bunta and make him sit on sasuke but! thats not going to happen,

but for reals i think naruto will win his reason is greater then sasukes

Mut
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: Gaara of the Desert

yeah... that's just wrong. tsukuyomi is not an illusion around the person, it's in the person's mind. and the amount of chakra you exert out has nothing to do with countering an illusion since genjutsu attacks your five senses. the only way to snap out of is what pretty much shikamaru and kurenai did, afflict pain which seems to get you out of it. but i don't think that's even possible for tsukuyomi cuz the #1 technician couldn't do it and not only that, it would nullify the entire point of sasuke awakening the mangekyou sharingan to beat itachi.

Knives122
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Wow its even better in english, I this anime its like air now(crazed look on my face) must have more

Fox Fire
Sat, 09-04-2004, 06:25 PM
A couple pics I colored from 229 and one from some other chapter

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/zxhorohorozx/52178b99.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/zxhorohorozx/5b6e5c0b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/zxhorohorozx/cafa3dc4.pngSPOILERS AHEAD

Paulyboy
Sat, 09-04-2004, 07:54 PM
ahaha nice colors, i just read episode 180-229 and 229 is what ive been waiting for i cant wait till they start fighting with the 3rd lvl eye and the power of the nine tails. I hope that Naruto wins but my favorite character is Sasuke

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
im getting tired of all pricks that says that this is drawnout shut up assholes.

This is what I kept thinking when people thought the Itachi flashbacks were drawn out.
Strangely, nobody agreed with me back then... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

jing
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Im thinking he leveled up on his sharingan and is able to dodge Naruto punches aswell.

Fox Fire
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Man the Jap version had me thinking diffrent I thought Sasuke was almost back to normal and was gonna fight narto in a honnarable battle or something but he's still being a ass hole.

Knives122
Sat, 09-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Well whatcha gonna do, Sasuke will always be an ass

Lenas
Sat, 09-04-2004, 10:19 PM
My own version:

http://members.cox.net/jadewitt/3shar.jpg

Fox Fire
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Nice!
I didn't try to add effects on mine whay didn't I think of the cloud effect?

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:14 PM
yeap vry nice.

Lenas
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:22 PM
It's not actually clouds. It's the graphic pen effect which I then blurred.

Kumiriko
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:34 PM
and are they not standing on a rock wall. if anything it would be water

Eurasian
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:41 PM
the cliff i suppose. i like the sky (???). i has a nice look to it.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 09-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Another excellent chapter.

I'm not sure what's up with Sasuke getting his third sharingan pupil, but I guess what he did to Naruto would have killed him, had Naruto been normal. I guess that's what brought it out. Or could he be the anomaly that the next chapter is titled for?

Oh and just in my opinion, the scenes where Naruto talks about what it would be like to have a father and brother, were the most emotional moments we've had since the Wave Country arc with Inari.

Kishimoto is getting back on track, all that damn running through the woods for a year was worth it!

JusDaMan
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Right now... did sasuke pass itachi in mastering sharingan?? itachi learned sharingan at 8 and mastered it at like 11?? i think... but that was around 3 years where as sasuke got sharingan around a maximum of 6 months ago and got a fully developed in just at most 6 months...

Is this sasuke's potential we r seeing?

kAi
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:03 AM
i think the reason that sasuke got teh third pupil was because he finally acknowledged him by putting on the konoha forehead protector...by doing so he has gone against what he has believed in...that naruto is below him...
its kinda like how vegeta got SSJ...

PossiblE
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Possibly, but he still learned the Sharingan MUCH later than Itachi. Also, Sasuke is much weaker than Itachi was at that age.

Lenas
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
and are they not standing on a rock wall. if anything it would be water

They are indeed standing on the side of the cliff. Sasuke is standing in the hole naruto slammed him into after he knocked him OUT of the water. You can clearly see this on page 10 and 11. You can once again see it on page 19, the last page, when Sasuke is standing and the sky is behind him - which means the water would be in front of him.

Assertn
Sun, 09-05-2004, 03:02 AM
now the question i have........
is what does the extra pupil actually do for sasuke?
it BETTER let him copy jutsus easier, thats for sure, but would it help him against naruto much?
I suppose since sasuke's hella fast these days, that it might help him dodge naruto's attacks. If naruto is faster than sasuke in kyubi form, then it should still put sasuke in the same situation he was in against lee. Well, unless the seal will give him more speed, which im sure it would.

anyway....he still better copy kage bunshin

Lenas
Sun, 09-05-2004, 03:48 AM
I was under the impression that each pupil was for a type of jutsu.. Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjutsu. Perhaps it will allow him to copy what he couldn't before? (Have we seen him copy any Genjutsu? Or even Ninjutsu? I think the only things he's copied so far have been taijutsu, no?)

onemoregook
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by: Tap

ARGH! Worst fucking sasuke fanboy defense EVER!! EVER! I got a headache reading that, congratulations Gook. Anyways thats just like saying, aww look at that terrorist he wants to carry out his life dreams, his ambitions. I guess WE CAN'T stop him from his actions harming others, killing innocents because its his DREAM. Seriously, bad god damn defense. I'd go further but seriously given the argument, i think i've said way more than enough.

Stop posting about the manga and do us all a favor or listen to mommy, take your Ritalin.

... you just called me a sasuke... fanboy? ... you're an idiot.
and newsflash, idiot. naruto takes place in a different world. everyone is a friggin ninja and that's what ninjas do, they kill each other. and hey, ninja's are supposed to kill stealthily, so that in a sense, makes them ALL terrorists.
in conclusion, the village takes hundreds of missions and just about all those missions can expect at least one fatality. so killing people isn't such a big friggin deal.
YOU are the idiot here, sir. feel free to break loose and unleash the rest of your godlike argument.

Doc
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:46 AM
Did anyone else notice the ripples in the water on page 14-15? Looks like someone is there. My bet is Akatsuki member maybe Itachi.

You can see it here (http://hometown.aol.com/animelova4life/graphics/Naruto_229).

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah did you see the straw of grass lying on the ground in page 4 of chapter 226? My bet it's the ghost of the third!

Fox Fire
Sun, 09-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by: Doc
Did anyone else notice the ripples in the water on page 14-15? Looks like someone is there. My bet is Akatsuki member maybe Itachi.

You can see it here (http://hometown.aol.com/animelova4life/graphics/Naruto_229).
and sasuke just came out of the water.. yhea...it's gotta be them them -_-.

Elessar
Sun, 09-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Well, the vague thing is still how much of the sharingan capabilities has Sasuke gained?

To get the mangekyou you have to kill your best friend. But his death itself won't gant you any power, what unlocks the mangekyou is your state of mind when you go all out with a killing technique against your best friend. As chidori is a killing technique for sure, that has already happened.

As this gives Sasuke what he needs in Order to fight Itachi and also leaves both major players alive and healthy, it may happen. But to what extend is Sasuke capable of realizing it?

Eurasian
Sun, 09-05-2004, 11:14 AM
sasuke will never realize it. his mind is too clouded to figure it out. but i think he has to kill naruto to obtain the mangekyou. cause-and-effect. w/o a cause there is no effect.

Uchiha Kakure
Sun, 09-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Bringing up a point made earlier, what does anyone think about the title of the next chapter. "Anomaly" tends to give a lot of room for speculation. An anomaly in a tech nique, in an ability, or in the person itself? Pehaps it is refering to Kakashi and his sharingan.

JusDaMan
Sun, 09-05-2004, 12:30 PM
In the matrix revolution... Neo was the "anomaly" which by their defination means - the result of an imbalence of an equation therefore making it balenced.

mage
Sun, 09-05-2004, 01:31 PM
hahaha so much for you people who thought sasuke would have 4 commas in his eye. the two that were directly across simply moved

Mut
Sun, 09-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah did you see the straw of grass lying on the ground in page 4 of chapter 226? My bet it's the ghost of the third!

hahahaha niiice.

best post in a long time.

G-Pong
Sun, 09-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Do you think possibly Itachi wants Sasuke to obtain the Mangekyou to further evolve his own Sharingan? Like to obtain Mangekyou, you have to kill your best friend, maybe for another higher level you must kill someone close that has the Mangekyou? Probably wrong but just a thought.

Elessar
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:15 PM
You mean like killing every other human on this earth and then ending up as the strongest person alive? Yes.....

Apart from that, overcoming the mindblockade to kill your friend in order to gain sth. is cool - once. An infinite "you kill somebody who did the same and then get even more stronger" series is... well... stupid. It's not the act of the other person dying that "levels you up" (no way you could learn math y killing your math teacher...), it is due to the strength of will and the level of determination to take these extreme measurements.

Tap
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:46 PM

[quote]

and newsflash, idiot. naruto takes place in a different world. everyone is a friggin ninja and that's what ninjas do, they kill each other. and hey, ninja's are supposed to kill stealthily, so that in a sense, makes them ALL terrorists.
in conclusion, the village takes hundreds of missions and just about all those missions can expect at least one fatality. so killing people isn't such a big friggin deal.
YOU are the idiot here, sir. feel free to break loose and unleash the rest of your godlike argument.

Hah, great response. All you could say was that i was an idiot. And no shit naruto takes place in its own world thanks for pointing that out, i mean because I'M the idiot here, right? Someone who say's everyone in the "Naruto world" IS a ninja when its obviously been confirmed that this is not true. I mean, you're so smart, everyone is a ninja and they're all terrorists. Hahaha and I'M the idiot? Thats just sad.

I really couldn't be bothered with you, you're too fucking stupid for me. I mean first you say its a different world then you compare the ninja in Naruto to traditional ninja even calling them all terrorists because of them just being ninja. Okay, i've decided to make little effort here. So heres the newsflash moron, ninja in naruto are a military force and they obviously arent the only. They're more powerful than normal swordsmen we've seen in Naruto, this does not make all of them terrorists. (Little note, i never called sasuke a terrorist, i compared the situation to a situation in our world, just because someone has an ambition or dream doesnt mean they can freely go ahead and execute it without interference like Hitler, do you know what his ambition.. his dream was?)

So if killing people wasn't such a big deal why would there be any effort at all to stop them? Why would Kakashi be hastingly chasing them. They're humans thats why and some of their emotions towards dying in the series may seem care free, but really they're just as afraid to die as anyone else when confronted with it as a huge possiblity. They're trained since childhood, so yeah expect them to talk tough about dying but also expect these children to be afraid when they're truely confronted with it, at least for the first time. But it becomes easier and easier as time goes on.

I'll be sure to make a note that calling someone a Sasuke fanboy is such a big insult over the internet. But your whole "Wouldn't you be pissed if you couldn't carry out your ambition and dream" (despite it leading to deaths of thousands then millions, not to mention eliminating the word freedom) logic is ridiculously flawed. Haha, not to mention you throwing in "being stopped by your "friend" at the end of that flawed logic, excuse me but Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto, and Naruto would be the first of alot of dead people if he succeeds.

Anyways, thats all i care to say for now, but anyone could see why your reasoning defending sasukes actions is flawed.

Natural Cause
Sun, 09-05-2004, 06:52 PM
sasuke has friends? let alone a best friend? everyone befriends sasuke but sasuke hasn;t really befriended anyone, if anything he envys everyone whos stronger or getting stronger than himself...

Eurasian
Sun, 09-05-2004, 10:06 PM
it's heating up to like 1000 degress in here ::fans myself::

XwingRob
Mon, 09-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Hmm..I now think Naruto and Sasuke will fight...it will end in a draw. And they both pass out or something.
Then Kakashi shows up. He wishes for Sasuke to come back from the dark side..but he realizes that he won't be able to teach Sasuke back in Konoha because Sasuke can't be trusted anymore.
So he takes Sasuke and they both become wandering ninjas.
And the next saga is where the Fifth assigns Naruto, Jirayia and perhaps someone else(I was thinking of Sakura, but that makes me shudder) to go after Kakashi and Sasuke.
This would be a long saga filled with a bunch of little mini sagas that they overcome in there journey that will take them all over Ninja World. (Throw in a couple encounters with Atasuki as well)

Still, a timejump isn't a bad thoery either..

Lefty
Mon, 09-06-2004, 03:55 AM
I fully agree with Xwing. That is perfect. But I want to see Kakashi be killed instead, protecting naruto from Sasuke's attack when he goes Lv.2 seal and then leaves to join orochi or somthing. I don't think Kakashi would become a missing nin just to set Sasuke straight. He might beat the living crap out sasuke to prove a point but not leave the village forever to keep him in check.

xtort
Mon, 09-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Sasuke and Naruto finally admit it: they are gay lovers. Their lifelong ambition is not, contrary to popular belief, to be ninjas, but in reality to be jugglers in a wandering circus troupe. After many days spent caressing each other near the waterfall, Sakura comes and completes the menage a trois, and they all leave to form the Konoha Super Trouper Circus Esprit De Corps, which specializes in a) becoming a HUGE FUCKING FROG, b) spitting very large fireballs out of various orifices, and c) yelling "SASUKE!!!" and making the entire audience cringe.

Their success is huge in all the countries of Naruto-world.

Well, at least, that's how I think things will pan out.

-xtortout

Hakeem_21
Mon, 09-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi

I'm not sure what's up with Sasuke getting his third sharingan pupil, but I guess what he did to Naruto would have killed him, had Naruto been normal. I guess that's what brought it out. Or could he be the anomaly that the next chapter is titled for?

Oh and just in my opinion, the scenes where Naruto talks about what it would be like to have a father and brother, were the most emotional moments we've had since the Wave Country arc with Inari.

Kishimoto is getting back on track, all that damn running through the woods for a year was worth it!

Yeah the emotional momment in this chapter made up for the latest chapter which has not been all that great.

Now i want a good finishing of this fight, it would lame if Kakashi stopped the fight after all this.

jing
Mon, 09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Nah, i hope kakashi stops the fight.

Fox Fire
Mon, 09-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh dear I just wouldn't know what to do if my boys died, golly gee.

Hotsuma
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Best post ever.

Sasuke put Naruto in the Genjutsu state. Naruto is fucked.

Souryusen
Wed, 09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Kakashi shows up and gets iced by some dick move off Sasuke. With his close friend and mentor dead Sasuke gains the mangekyo sharingan... only to be destroyed by full-on berzerk Naruto.

Jump back to Konohagakure... Sakura finds Sasuke's head in her bedsheets, Godfather style. Feel the love.

realtortato
Wed, 09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
HAHA, now that's a good one. Yep, the Godfather is the answer to all.
Anyways, Tsukiyomi happens inside the victims head right, that means that if Itachi or Sasuke tried that on Naruto they would get fucking raped by the Kyuubi since it is inside of Narutos mind. I mean what's Tsukiyomi gonna do against a Demon that has seen the beyond and Hell.
Yep, been playing Doom 3 too much. lol. And you just gotta see that final boss in action.

Hotsuma
Thu, 09-09-2004, 10:54 AM
It's a genjutsu. It doesn't involve anything other than fucking with your mind. Naruto and Kyuubi's mindsets are two totally different things.

Doom 3 sucked. It's about Half Life 2.

realtortato
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey, Hotsuma, Why didn't you like DOOM 3?
Maybe got too scared to keep on playing, ne?
And if I recall correctly, Tsukiyomi does happen with the user inside inside the victim's mind.
But I'll have to look trough the manga to confirm that.

Hotsuma
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
With Tsukiyomi, the user controls time and space completely. That means they *could* take Naruto's mind alone to a place that Kyuubi isn't at.

And no, I'm not scared of playing Doom 3. I've played far scarier than this. It just wasn't that great of a game.

Black Knight
Thu, 09-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by: Tap

[quote]

Hah, great response. All you could say was that i was an idiot. And no shit naruto takes place in its own world thanks for pointing that out, i mean because I'M the idiot here, right? Someone who say's everyone in the "Naruto world" IS a ninja when its obviously been confirmed that this is not true. I mean, you're so smart, everyone is a ninja and they're all terrorists. Hahaha and I'M the idiot? Thats just sad.

I really couldn't be bothered with you, you're too fucking stupid for me. I mean first you say its a different world then you compare the ninja in Naruto to traditional ninja even calling them all terrorists because of them just being ninja. Okay, i've decided to make little effort here. So heres the newsflash moron, ninja in naruto are a military force and they obviously arent the only. They're more powerful than normal swordsmen we've seen in Naruto, this does not make all of them terrorists. (Little note, i never called sasuke a terrorist, i compared the situation to a situation in our world, just because someone has an ambition or dream doesnt mean they can freely go ahead and execute it without interference like Hitler, do you know what his ambition.. his dream was?)

So if killing people wasn't such a big deal why would there be any effort at all to stop them? Why would Kakashi be hastingly chasing them. They're humans thats why and some of their emotions towards dying in the series may seem care free, but really they're just as afraid to die as anyone else when confronted with it as a huge possiblity. They're trained since childhood, so yeah expect them to talk tough about dying but also expect these children to be afraid when they're truely confronted with it, at least for the first time. But it becomes easier and easier as time goes on.

I'll be sure to make a note that calling someone a Sasuke fanboy is such a big insult over the internet. But your whole "Wouldn't you be pissed if you couldn't carry out your ambition and dream" (despite it leading to deaths of thousands then millions, not to mention eliminating the word freedom) logic is ridiculously flawed. Haha, not to mention you throwing in "being stopped by your "friend" at the end of that flawed logic, excuse me but Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto, and Naruto would be the first of alot of dead people if he succeeds.

Anyways, thats all i care to say for now, but anyone could see why your reasoning defending sasukes actions is flawed.
i love the "Hah, great response. All you could say was that i was an idiot." part when all you did throughout the whole post was pretty much say "youre wrong" without giving any evidence..

kakashi will be there in no time but at the rate things are going right now, he wont have the power to stop either of them forcefully. they both whipped out enough chakra to make kakashi look a baby. the best he could do is talk to them but i doubt either of them will listen. right now, naruto's crazy and sasuke's insane.

theres so much talk of friendship right now. im thinking that sasuke will show himself to be a true friend in the end. who knows? maybe sasuke will defend naruto in the off chance that someone pops in to kill him.. or something..

iamaseb
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:36 PM
How do you know that sasuke isn't using the level 2 already ?
I though that the curse itselft is at level 2. He can't use the curse at level one, that doesn't exist anymore.
If what i'm saying is true, that's mean he is already fighting with the level 2.

If i'm wrong, can you please explain to me what i missed.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:40 PM
level one is just the marks on the persons, level two is the monster-like look and stuff...

the drug sasuke took forced the seal to 'open' the next level...

the 2nd level of Sasuke's seal includes (what we know so far) a big white hair, as showed when Sasuke broke out of the bucket when Naruto fhought Kimimaru, about chapter 210 or so

iamaseb
Thu, 09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Oki , i got it, thanx to you.
Well sasuke can be really strong then.

But at the same time, the figh was really easy for naruto...
I guess we all have to wait the next chapter !

Knives122
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
When sasuke does go lvl 2, it will IMO be the most spectacular thing we've seen to date, it wont be like the others where they just transformed and nothing happened, wind will be blowing and rocks will be flying, and if Naruto gets mad enough, this will be the fastest fight weve ever seen, and lets not forget about what sasuke face will look like, were in for a big suprise (can you say satan face)

jing
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
When sasuke does go lvl 2, it will IMO be the most spectacular thing we've seen to date, it wont be like the others where they just transformed and nothing happened, wind will be blowing and rocks will be flying, and if Naruto gets mad enough, this will be the fastest fight weve ever seen, and lets not forget about what sasuke face will look like, were in for a big suprise (can you say satan face)

How about more manly looking? for starter.

Knives122
Thu, 09-09-2004, 04:59 PM
fine, I guess hell look more manly, but it wont look any different from the other five( who all looked like, retarded demons)

Souryusen
Thu, 09-09-2004, 05:29 PM
$10 says lev 2 Sasuke looks like Billy Blanks with a bad rug on.

jing
Thu, 09-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by: realtortato
Hey, Hotsuma, Why didn't you like DOOM 3?
Maybe got too scared to keep on playing, ne?
And if I recall correctly, Tsukiyomi does happen with the user inside inside the victim's mind.
But I'll have to look trough the manga to confirm that.

You're wrong. Kuybi isn't in Naruto's mind.

senen goroshi
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi

I'm new to this thread and i've been thinking about the relevance of the title as well. One the things that could happen that i'm considering is that in 230 both will fight once more and nobody will stop them (don't like kakashi stopping their fight) sasuke will now be superior to naruto and both will eventually come to a deadlock, just like in boxing wherein both boxers are hugging each other and sasuke will keep on attacking naruto while naruto is just helplessly in tears until sasuke realizes what he's doing then the anomaly will occur-a mangekyou by other method, perhaps? this is far too clique -ish, i admit.

sure hope there's a better thing happening at 230. can't wait.

kAi
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:31 AM
i dont think sasuke stands a chance not even with the 3 pupils...he needs to be using the curse seal to have a chance..

senen goroshi
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:43 AM
or come to think of it, maybe the anomaly is with the curse seal - maybe he'll reach level 2 but combined with the 3 pupils - something happen.. hehehe REALLY CAN'T WAIT