PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 229 RAW

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 06:56 AM
http://jojo.jojohot.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=22139

you can check it out over there, pretty interesting chapter

w455up
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:44 AM
This was so f-ing good. Even though I don't understand jack, the emotion is just shown through the damn flashbacks and whatnot. This fight just kicked up a notch. Finally Sasuke properly recognizes Naruto I think, and the fight is going to be so cool.

xtort
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:44 AM
I guessed it... three dots to that sharingan!

-xtortout

Mut
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:17 AM
yes! naruto is gonna die!

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:33 AM
lmao that would be a shocker

Toruxxx
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:36 AM
that was gr8 but sasuke will still get his arsed kicked i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif well he best do

Masamune
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:21 AM
hmm now sasuke can see himself getting owned in more slow-motion

xtort
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:32 AM
I really don't know what I want to come out of this fight. While Naruto is quite plainly the most powerful character in the story (though far from the most skillful; I think even Sakura has him in that category), he's constantly dressed as an idiot by Kishimoto. He botches, bungles, and fumbles just about everything he does, but still somehow manages to stay ahead. Also, Sasuke has a huuuge power complex, which would only be heightened if he lost to Naruto, or the fight were broken up with him at the losing end. This all makes me think Sasuke is going to lose, third dot, 2nd level all considered.

I have the distinct impression that Sasuke is going to be a "bad" character, and that he'll come back to the "good side" upon his killing Itachi, and his own death. The way the cards lay, the story is shaping up to be one large cliche. KISHI BABY, PLEASE SURPRISE ME!

-xtortout

RasenDori
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
i...*sniff* think ive got something in my eye *sniff* ... this chapter was excelent cant wait to see what they say

hornetmike
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Wow great chapter. things are finally on the move. i wonder which of naruto jutsus he'll copy.

Toruxxx
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
kage bunshin no jutsu as thats all naruto uses lol so if sasuke is gonna try copying moves he out of luck really.

Ervin
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:22 AM
damn i really want to see this in motion.....i think that this fight togheter with the one against gara will be great in the anime

Boogster
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: xtort
I really don't know what I want to come out of this fight. While Naruto is quite plainly the most powerful character in the story (though far from the most skillful; I think even Sakura has him in that category), he's constantly dressed as an idiot by Kishimoto. He botches, bungles, and fumbles just about everything he does, but still somehow manages to stay ahead. Also, Sasuke has a huuuge power complex, which would only be heightened if he lost to Naruto, or the fight were broken up with him at the losing end. This all makes me think Sasuke is going to lose, third dot, 2nd level all considered.

I have the distinct impression that Sasuke is going to be a "bad" character, and that he'll come back to the "good side" upon his killing Itachi, and his own death. The way the cards lay, the story is shaping up to be one large cliche. KISHI BABY, PLEASE SURPRISE ME!

-xtortout

My thoughts exactly. Though personally, I still cling to the theory that Sakura will emerge as a real force - just to round off the cliche nicely.

xtort
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, definitely Boogster. We need our estrogen to make this a fully balanced and sale-able "cartoon" for the US of A. And without equal opportunity for both sexes... what do you have? (A lawsuit, probably.) Well, realistically, the Sakura becoming a force has been greatly foreshadowed already. If you want me to expound, I can.

Cliche or not, it will happen.

-xtortout

mugen-x
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
what is sasuke going to copy from naruto he already knows all the move naruto knows except for rasengan and that can't be copied right??

snowball
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:02 PM
even if he does copy naruto's moves he doesn't have the energy to use then like naruto does over and over again.

sangai
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:06 PM
wow this is the frist time the quick reply bar has shown up.

anyways all i can say is sasuke better have his ass handed to him in a hand basket. sasuke needs a good beat down and right now naruto is becoming more sensisitive does this mean that the kyuubi influence is over or he can control it in this full blown out state. cause after he saws haku's face he full out stopped, that better not be the case and he better pwned sasuke with a vengence.

im hopin kakashi gets there right as naruto is about to kill sasuke and kakashi stops him they take sasuke back and then bam 3 year time jump.

Raven
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Awesome... third comma. 'Bout time boy! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Can't wait to see level 2 now.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:19 PM
sasuke has finally accepted naruto by putting on his forehead protector but no way is the third dot gonna be enough to beat naruto his lvl 2 seal must give him super powers cuz otherwise he'll be ripepd apart naruto totally owned his ass the pic of sasuke's face when naruto puts arm under his chin PRICELESS

kenshi
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
anyone having problem with site? i just went then a minute ago and there's was the forum minus the raw scan.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 12:34 PM
nope they are still there try again

Knives122
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Its about time he got all three commas(even though he still needs to kill naruto to get the mangekyou), now the real "REAL FIGHT" can begin, I dont think thats naruto in his true Kyuubi form, I think once Sasuke goes level 2, then we'll see the real naruto.

And its good to see Sasuke with his protector on again, that actually makes me respect him more(there still hope for that kid)

kenshi
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:03 PM
werd.....argh...something is wrong w/ my connection. still no picture. ill wait for the translation... (damn naruto is addictive)

Stoopider
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Hmm? Does this mean he can do all the kind of crap Itachi can do? Heh, whats best is that he didn't even need to Kill Naruto.

So, Sasuke should now run away screaming like a little school girl.

Elessar
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Err no, he now has just a fully developed normal sharingan. Same as "normal" Itachi and Kakashi. The the upgrade to mangekyou sharingan that Itachi has is still missing.

Well, won't help him much in this fight.
- kyuubi :: cannot be copied
- rasengan :: can be seen through , but not used without serious training
- summon :: needs contract, can't be copied
leaves, well, kage bunshin. Woohoo.

Naruto has figured out the best way to not get his jutsus copied - just don't know any....

Eurasian
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:31 PM
OMG! i usually don't look at raws...due to the lack of understanding. but when i came here and everyone said sasuke got 3 commas...i just had to see it.

uh...omg!! this chap was so good!! i'm still trying to take it all in.

Stoopider
Fri, 09-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah. Thats right, THe Mangekyou is when the 3 sharingans come together becoming the 3 pointy star. Forgot about that.

JusDaMan
Fri, 09-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Wat is everyone talking about?!?!?!! sasuke having 2 dots already means sasuke can copy types of justsus.... and now that he has his 3rd dot that don't mean that he will get any powerful... Heh...

unless ofcorse... we still using the whole nin gen tai dot concept... first dot means nin 2nd got means tai 3rd dot means gen... Okie dokie!!!

sangai
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
if your having trouble viewing the manga look at it in firefox i had the same problem.

and seriously naruto has infinite chakra, and sasuke has already used some of his cs lvl 2 chakra so when or if he gets a chance to transform naruto will out last him or the fight will be stopped again.

i can't wait to see kakashi show up. and itachi mastered his sharingan at age 13 i assume when he became the anbu captain.

Lefty
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:29 PM
I don't think Naruto has the will to fully use the kyubi chakra to it's full power. He wants to incapasitate Sasuke not kill him. So I think that will hold him back from winning the fight. Plus we have no idea how powerful the Lv2 seal is or how it affects Sasukes Sharingan. Some new power could come from that combination that we don't know about so I'm still up in the air about who's gonna win.

Assertn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:42 PM
sasuke obviously cant copy kyubi, and he cant copy rasengan since its not a jutsu.....
but they really should have him copy kage bunshin.....

its kinda lame that he hasnt been doing as much of the cooler stuff that the sharingan is supposed to enable a person to do

Sidnne
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Even if Sasuke does copy Kage Bunshin, he doesn't have the chakra to be able to produce to mass bunshins that Naruto can.

Remember Kage Bunshin creates actual copies of the user and distributes the chakra evenly amongst them. That's why its a perfect jutsu for Naruto because of his limitless chakra. It wouldn't have the same effect for Sasuke, he would just be wasting his chakra by creating bunshins.

kenshi
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:33 PM
sweet.... just saw the raw scan... now i really can't wait for the translation lol. i wonder how sasuke developed the third dot?

Assertn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Even if Sasuke does copy Kage Bunshin, he doesn't have the chakra to be able to produce to mass bunshins that Naruto can.

Remember Kage Bunshin creates actual copies of the user and distributes the chakra evenly amongst them. That's why its a perfect jutsu for Naruto because of his limitless chakra. It wouldn't have the same effect for Sasuke, he would just be wasting his chakra by creating bunshins.

ah but didnt sasuke prove he has alot more chakra than most genin, since even at the beginning of the series, he was able to perform fire jutsus and completely catch kakashi offguard

i know it wouldnt be as practical for sasuke to use it alot, but if he had maybe 1 or 2 and used it mainly for his great taijutsu, then the distribution of chakra wouldnt be as relevant anyway

JusDaMan
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:56 PM
sasuke can probably copy "naruto ougi! SEXY NO JUSTSU"! and turn it to "sasuke ougi! GAY NO JUTSU"

kaigan
Fri, 09-03-2004, 04:57 PM
kick ass. one of the best chapter so far.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
i dunno, do you think Rasengan is particularly vunerable to copying by Sharingan? i mean, it doesnt depend on just the knowledge of the technique, but the conditioning of your body and how long you have trained, it took Naruto weeks of training just to handle it, and it is after all, what? the third most hardest technique (or was it second?) to learn.

it be pretty awesome though, if sasuke can have chidori on one hand, and rasengan on another i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Fri, 09-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Sharingan can only copy things that require seals to them(no physical things can be copied, only seen better), since Naruto doesnt use any for Rasengan Sasuke cant copy it, sorry to put your hopes down but thats the truth

PSJ
Fri, 09-03-2004, 05:35 PM
what an amazing chapter. naruto kicks ass and sasuke got a full sharingan!!! this is awesome i want more!!!!!!!

Lefty
Fri, 09-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Sharingan can only copy things that require seals to them(no physical things can be copied, only seen better), since Naruto doesnt use any for Rasengan Sasuke cant copy it, sorry to put your hopes down but thats the truth

But didn't sauske copy the lotus move that lee did before the first exame. The Sharingan grants the ability to see through and copy all genjitsu's, taijitsu's and ninjitsu's. Granted that the rasengan isn't a normal technique i think he could get the general Idea of what it is and how it works. but even if he did I don't think he could use it anyway. He dosn't have the smarts to grasp the finner points of forming the shpere and controlling it.

Knives122
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
he didnt necessarily copy it, he just mimiced it, and whos gonna tell him about the trick to doing the rasengan, he already has the chidori(every person in the village knows that) so why teach him something just as deadly(stupid ques. on my part)

Assertn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
oh geez....this is the same convo going on in the naruto forum.......
lemme just paste what i said there

sasuke could see lee's movements, so he could imitate it yes.....
but 2 things......

1) seeing body movements is TOTALLY different than seeing chakra movement. It's not like sharingan can see the chakra circulatory system to see how naruto is molding the chakra.

2) after sasuke copied the movements, he still needed a month of training to get strong enough to imitate it. even if he sees the trick to creating the rasengan, he'll still have to practice for like a year to get the hang of it.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne

That's not completely true. Sasuke shouldn't have too much trouble creating a kagebunshin army like Naruto can. In the fight against Zabuza, Kakashi was able to summon jutsu, Sharingan, Chidori AND create hundreds of bunshins when the Gato's men ganged up on them.

Sasuke should actually be able to do it better than Naruto,since he has better chakra control than Naruto does.

Lefty
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't think so. naruto has gotten much much better at chakra molding, also he has a massive amount of chakra of his own that allows that kinda of mass replication and I don't mean kyubi. Sasuke has a big amount of chakra of his own but not to level that naruto has. but he could do like a hundred like kakashi but to do a naruto size he would need to go level two.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Not to mention that because of the differing chakra capacity and the fact that the kage bunshins divide up remaining chakra, Naruto's would be more powerful chakra-wise than Sasuke's if they made the same number of bunshins.

tuggumkee
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:47 PM
kakashi didn't do hundreds of bunshin, he only did like 4.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't thinK Naruto's chakra molding is as good as Sasuke's. The large amount of chakra and stamina complements Naruto's sloppy style. If he had the same amount of chakra as another gennin, he'd probably be a piss-poor fighter.

Hotsuma
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by: tuggumkee
kakashi didn't do hundreds of bunshin, he only did like 4.

Yes he did.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Nah, he didn't do hundreds, but he did a bunch to use them to scare off that mod at the end of the zabuza fight. 80 maybe? A lot more than 4 in any case.

Sidnne
Sat, 09-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
I don't thinK Naruto's chakra molding is as good as Sasuke's. The large amount of chakra and stamina complements Naruto's sloppy style. If he had the same amount of chakra as another gennin, he'd probably be a piss-poor fighter.

You are underestimating Naruto's ability to control chakra. Early on in the series, this would be true. It had been emphasized many times early on throughout the series that Naruto was terrible at controlling his chakra. However, his time spent with Jiraiya has served him well. Naruto is no longer the control gimp that he used to be, he may even be one of the more adept at controlling his chakra now. The ability to use Rasengan is proof of that. The entire technique is dependant on mastering the control of ones chakra. Its why Jiraiya spent so much time trying to teach Naruto to control his chakra better.

Also, as far as Kakashi using the kage bunshin... If you remember correctly, he used it as a bluff. He was able to create them, but he didn't have the chakra for them to be effective. He was hoping that just the sight of them would scare off Gato's men. And Sasuke is not at Kakashi's level.

Besides, I would hope that Naruto would not be dumb enough to use kage bunshin against Sasuke anyway. One thing Naruto has always excelled at is creating effective combat strategies. Even if he came up with a very creative way to use kage bunshin, he would still know that it would not work because Sasuke would see through it with the Sharingan.
IMO, there is only two reasons that Kishimoto would have Naruto use kage bunshin. 1) Just for the sole purpose of Sasuke copying it with Sharingan. or 2) To display the power of fully developed sharingan by seeing through the kage bunshin. Personally, I would not like to see either because both ways make Naruto looks stupid in battle, which he is not.