PDA

View Full Version : Yellow light problem on BitTornado

Icebergler
Tue, 08-31-2004, 12:48 AM
I have a Netgear WGR614 v4 router, and I'm trying to download with BitTornado. I can't seem to get rid of the yellow light, and my speeds are having touble making it over 10kbs.

I have ports 6881-6999 forwarded, but where it says enter IP address, am I supposed to put the address of the computer or the address of the router?

Also, what should I have set for my BitTornado port range? I heard on another forum not to have 6881-6999, but I'm not sure about that.

I've been messing with my settings for days now and I just can't seem to get rid of this yellow light of doom! Any help would be much appreciated.

Varion
Tue, 08-31-2004, 01:15 AM
You're supposed to put the address of the destination computer (in this case, the computer running BitTornado).

The ports appear fine, as long as they are consistent.

stos289
Tue, 08-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes, basically the computer that is hooked up through the router. To find the right Ip Address to use, use the "ipconfig" method that I've explained here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=12104&enterthrea d=y). The yellow light should then change to green. Also, the port range for Bittorrent (6881-6999) is the standard port range. With some clients (such as Bittornado), you can change which ports you want the client to use. I suggest just leaving it at the standard range. Hope I could help.